Gold Rush 2016: Matt Tastic vs Veejay - Semi Final Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, CA[/FONT]

The TV is on and tuned onto WZCW Network. It’s replaying the Gold Rush 2015 PPV main event. Mikey Stormrage, who’s sitting bedside Saffron, has his eyes glued to the screen. He has his hands full with popcorn.

[FONT=&quot]Mikey: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Look, look, look… This is the moment I was talking about.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As those two fight at the top Tastic finally makes it to the Cell where he begins to climb against the medical team’s better judgement. The ref knows he can’t stop the action anymore and begins to follow Tastic up the cell. Ty then hits Stormrage with a knee to the gut looks to go for the Desecration Annihilation but Mikey reverses it and hits a Falcon Punch! He gets up Ty looking for the Game Over but Ty slips out and low blows Mikey! Tastic is almost to the top as Ty notices and tries to think what he can do even the odds. He looks over on the other side of the cell and then back at Stormrage. He grabs him then begins to move him onto the edge. Tastic gets to the top just in time to see Ty throw Mikey off the top of the cell straight onto the Spanish announce table![/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Connor: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OH MY F@#%ING GOD!!!!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Did you see that!? Wasn’t that awesome?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yes, yes. It is awesome.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He looks back only to see Saffron looking away from the TV screen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Come on! You didn’t even see it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I don’t need to. I remember what happened. I was there![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah, but you can always relive the moment.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No, I don’t want to. For all we knew, you could’ve been dead at that time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah, you’re right. I had similar thoughts at that time. Well, that’s it for today.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey turns the TV off.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] You know I am in the main event of Gold Rush again this time?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yes, I saw the ad, plus Veejay told me. It’s going to be a big night for you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For both me and your husband! If he’s lucky, he might have two matches in one night! And if he’s luckier, he may just win the whole thing to face me for the championship![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just then, the nurse comes in and asks Mikey to clean up and leave as the doctor’s coming to see the patient. Mikey bids adieu to Saffron and as he walks out the room, he runs into Veejay who has just come to the hospital.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Hey, buddy!? How come you’re here?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Nothing, I just dropped by to say hi and see Saffron. She’s doing much better now![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] She certainly is. I am so glad she’s out of danger now![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah, but I think the nurse doesn’t appreciate me visiting her much.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Were you eating popcorn inside ICU again?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How do you watch TV otherwise? Plus, it was the last year’s Gold Rush rerun. I had to show that to Saffron![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] You do realize that whole spot with you crashing down from the top of the cell on the Spanish announce table is one of the most uncomfortable thing she has ever seen live? That’s one of the reasons I had to take a hiatus from wrestling![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Is that so? I always thought it was you, turns out it was me. Crazy![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] That you are! But you know what? I really appreciate these visits from you, man. At least she has a good laugh when you’re here. Otherwise, it’s always so grim here. You’re a true friend.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Anytime, Veejay! You know we WZCW wrestlers are family, and this is the least I could do. Besides, Saffron is my most favorite actor on this planet. Her work in Gone Girl was amazing![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Yeah…No… I don’t think she was in that movie.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] She wasn’t? Damn it! Who did I see then? Nevermind.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah, nevermind. By the way, I want to wish you luck for your match against Constantine. Not only will you win, but you’ll put that man in his place.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Of course, I’ll win, and I will put him in his place as well, but this doesn’t have to do anything with that failed deal you tried to broker with him last Gold Rush, right?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Nah!! Not at all. I just want to stop listening to his long winded speeches about his right to being a champion. Plus, if you win, I’ll get to face you instead of him for the World Championship![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Is that so! Do you think, I am an easy prey?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No! Nothing like that. I just feel that we can have a very fair fight.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah, but don’t forget, my best friend is in your way![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I know, and I am ready for him. In fact, I am going to put him to task like he has never seen before, no offense.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] None taken. He might be my best friend but even I had to fight him and had to kick his ass to prove myself. Once we are in that ring, it’s every man for himself.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay nods in affirmative.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Anyway, I gotta prepare for my match. Best of luck to you![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mikey leaves. Just at that moment, doctor comes out having completed all his routine tests. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] How’s everything, doc?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Doctor:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The surgery has been successful. Her spinal fusion is holding up well and with complete rest, she’ll be alright in a few weeks. However, at this time, she shouldn’t go through any stress at all as she’s still very fragile, physically and mentally.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] She won’t, I promise. Can I see her?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Doctor:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yes, of course.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Doctor leaves Veejay to himself. Veejay walks in the room, and sees Saffron trying to fill her glass with water to take her pill. Veejay goes there and helps her out.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] There you go.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thanks! When did you come? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Just a few minutes ago. How are you holding up? I hope Mikey didn’t stress you much.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Nah! He is fun. I wish he does well for himself. And then finds someone who can take care of him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Why do you want to ruin someone else’s life?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Come on! Don’t say that! He’s not that bad.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] You know what I mean.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yeah I do! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There’s a moment of silence. Saffron’s expression changes as if something’s eating her away.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Veejay, I…I wanted to say something to you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tell me. You don’t have to think twice about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I wanted to say sorry.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For what?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For our child. I know how much it means to you, being a father.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay embraces Saffron trying to comfort her. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] It’s not your fault. You don’t have to be sorry.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I don’t know, Veejay. All I know is how much you wanted to be a father. A good father. A father you never had. I know how much you wanted to be there for your child. And I robbed you of that.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron tears up as emotions take over her. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I don’t know anything anymore, Veejay. I don’t know what to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Hey, hey… You don’t have to think about anything. Yes, I want to be a good father, but before that, I have to be a good husband. You’re everything to me, you know that. You’re the light in my otherwise dark soul. And you have to know I am always there for you. Whatever it takes, I am there.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] What if I am just a bad omen for you?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Don’t you say that! I have lost a lot of good things in my life, you’re the only one I’ve gotten in all these years. You are my life, and nothing can ever change that. And as far as bad or good omens go, you know I don’t believe in them. So, don’t think about anything. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron, still sobbing, holds up Veejay’s face in her hand, looking in eyes like she’s looking for something precious in them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I want to come with you to Gold Rush.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] You ain’t going anywhere. You need complete rest. Besides, you’ll be able to see me live on the TV. I’ve made sure the PPV is shown here.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I know, but I want to be by your side while you head into a war against the Tastics and Kaguras and Garths. You’re everything I’ve got![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Veejay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Who said you aren’t? You’re always there, always with me. I can feel you watching over me when I am in the ring. Don’t you worry! I know I am heading into a war and with the knowledge that you are safe and watching over me, I can win any war. Just watch and enjoy the show. You know I am going to have two matches![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Saffron: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Not only that, you’ll win both of them and when you come back, I’ll be here, waiting for my triumphant warrior![/FONT]

Hello. Welcome. My name is Matt Tastic. And I'm a professional wrestler. When I was young, it's what I wanted to be. And through trials and tribulations, I succeeded. But the adventure did not just end there. I did not just arrive on WZCW and become an overnight success. I had to fight my way to the top. I was met with failure. I was met with CONSTANT failure. I fell flat on my face constantly for 4 years. Life is not as glamorous as people want to make you think. Some people live some allegedly great lives. Other live within reality. But at the same time they lie to themselves, making themselves think they're bigger than what they really are. In this world there's only one truth. If you want something, you have to fight for it. But it doesn't end there. It's not a matter of just fighting for it. It's a matter of outlasting the people across from you. Willing to oppose you. They will not care about your desire. They will not care why you raise your fists. They will not care why you continue to stand no matter how battered you are. They only care about the same thing you do.

Victory.

That is the life we chose to live. That is the path we decided to walk. It will always lead to the same destination. For the same exact purpose. To fight for what you want out of life. Success. And no matter how many times you win or lose that battle at the end of the road, you will always end up walking the beaten path again. Until death does you part. We as professional wrestlers. Modern day gladiators, will fight for what seems like life or death. There is no shame in defeat. But the pain you suffer at it's hands is worse than any broken bone, any torn muscle. Victory is the greatest ecstasy one can feel. A validation of their hard work. A badge of honor to sport for life. Never to be taken away from you, it validates ones very existence as a sign of success. For that we do what we do.

Fight
======================================

The day is coming. Gold Rush. The next PPV. Where Matt Tastic will possibly have two matches to once again become #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. First he must defeat Veejay. The Bollywood actor who doubles a s a wrestler. Then he would have to defeat Kagura Joheki. The Japanese Shinto Priestess who for some reason also doubles as a pro wrestler. And Garth Black. The angry Welsh guy. I didn't know the Welsh could get angry. But then again, the last time Matt Tastic was in this tournament he was eliminated by an alien. Maybe these opponents aren't as bizarre as you'd think. Redemption is his goal in all this. Looking to win the last accolade there is in the company for him to win. But as far as preparation goes...... Lets just say that after 6 years consistency and originality become difficult. Matt has arrived at the Key Arena, ready for the festivities leading up to the event.

Matt:
Seattle is gloomy all the time it seems. Just the way I like my weather to be. Only rain would make it better.

Matt has to work the press for the day. Many a wrestling luminaries come in to ask him and others about the show coming up. They almost all ask the same question about him. His plans for his matches and whatnot. It's all pretty tedious and typical. That is until someone more insightful comes along. In this case, it would be WZCW's own. Stacey Madison. Matt continues to walk, as he wants to head to his hotel for the night but Stacey is right there behind him.

Stacey Madison:
Well, well. Matt Tastic. I don't know how you do it, but somehow you do it. You're on the cusp of being on the top of the mountain again.

Matt turns his attention to Stacey and faces her as they stand outside the Key Arena. Matt is pretty close from his ride back to the hotel, but he can't help but be bugged by Stacey's words. She holds up her mic to him in a rather arrogant manner, just expecting an answer.

Matt:
Stacey. For God's sake. I'm like f*cking loaded in accolades now. Do you seriously see me like the same loser from so long ago?

Stacey:
Yes. I've known you for a long time, Matt. I know the goof behind the success. I know that despite all those big victories you've had bigger losses.

Matt:

Matt turns around, ready to leave. Pretty bummed that for all the years, it seems Stacey just does not want to give him any respect. He can't figure out why.

Stacey: I remember you failing repeatedly to beat Rush for the Eurasian Championship and ending up Powerbombed out of the ring. I remember your big tirade and then winning the Elite X title. Only to lose it the next show. Saw you lose to an alien once too.

Matt:
I don't get it. So tell me then. What do you think about..... I don't know, Garth Black .

Stacey
: I think he's been treated poorly. Even though he is a jerk. He's worked hard for many years. At least that's what I think.

Matt crosses his arms, bewildered by what Stacey just said. He finds it pretty silly. How she seems to hold not a single shred or respect for him. But yet she can defend Garth Black's attitude.

Matt:
You've got to be kidding me. You have got to be kidding me. Working hard. Working hard? A man that has come in and out of this company more times than rabbit sex? Seriously, he came in to this company with a full head of hair and he's bald now. Actually, twice. I remember one time he was some sort of rehab guy or something. Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time Garth changes something trying to "fit in", I'd have even more money. Not that I spend any of my earnings. Garth is inconsistent, Stacey. He comes in, wins a bit and then leaves only to come back and start it all over again. He likes to talk about the hard work he's put into the ring, God forbid he and I meet in the finals because I'll gladly show him what real 6 years of hard work look like. Hey, maybe that's why you think I haven't changed but yet you defend him. Is it because I never left? You see me every day?

Stacey:
I don't know. And I really don't care, Matt. I simply see you as the same loser you've always been.

By thins point, Matt is so annoyed he just sits on the ground. As he does so, Stacey can be seen just giggling. Almost like she's enjoying messing with Matt. But keeps up the facade for entertainment.

Matt: But your respect Kagura.

Stacey:
As one of the few female Champions in this company, I do admire what she's done and feel she's a role model.

Matt:
A role model. To who?

Stacey:
To women.

Matt:
Stacey, you're a bigger role model than Butch Sailor Mars. She changes her last name constantly which has some terrible connotations when you think about it. She's constantly throwing fits every time she loses and she's a bigger drama queen than the entire Kardashian household. Some times I wonder if she's actually a wannabe broadway actress and not at all a Shinto Priestess which by the way, why the hell would she become a pro wrestler? That's a billion times more silly than a catholic priest moonlighting as a masked wrestler. You want a strong female role model so bad, maybe you should watch the new Star Wars or Legend Of Korra so you can get a good look at one. Good women...... Or good people, face their problems. Not cry, bitch, moan or throw temper tantrums. I've won many titles. Matter of fact, I've literally won them all here. But there are a few smudges in my record. Those being King For A Day and Gold Rush. And I intend to fix Gold Rush right now. I've come a long way and faced my problems since I threw my fit all those years ago. Kagura should learn otherwise.

Matt gets back up again. Trying to leave again. But Stacey pulls him back in. There's still things she feels she has to ask and she's not about to let them slide.

Stacey:
Woah, woah, woah. Hold up, Matt. You've just slandered Garth Black and Kagura Daikanron.

Matt:
Joheki.

Stacey:
.........right. What about Veejay?

Matt: What about him? I really don't know the kid. I hear he's some sort of Bollywood star. Which just makes it silly that he moonlights as a wrestler..... Is this the early 90's Stacey?

Stacey:
Why would you say that?

Matt:
I guess it's just me. But yeah. I've never really seen much of him. I know he lost the finals last time. To Dorian Slaughter who ended up taking the World title from me. I guess it's sort of full circle. For him and me both. He's back in the same place he was last year. And I get to beat the guy who let a guy who beat me.... well beat me. Circle Of Life. Like the Lion King. Listen, I'd love to sit on the pavement and just ramble on, but I do have a birthday to attend.

Matt gets up and walks toward his ride. Finally boarding it and leaving. Stacey was attempting to ask one more question before Matt could leave but didn't get it.

Stacey:
I wanted to ask him about Mikey. But now I know he'll be at his birthday party.

We skip ahead to Mikey's birthday party. Being thrown by the company at the hotel bar, it seems pretty modest with a couple of wrestlers and backstage hands attending it. But Mikey's not really in the mood. So he's just entertaining the thought. Too many things on his mind. Matt arrives at the party and sits by him.

Matt: 'Sup!

Mikey:Hey. You're late.

Matt: I know. All that press and then Stacey made me late. Dude, I don't get it. She still treats me like junk. It's like the last 6 years mean nothing. What about you?

Mikey: I'll pull through. It's hard but I'm focused.

Matt: I can tell. You're not slouched over the bar.

Mikey:
Tell me. What's it like?

Matt:
Being a cheap bastard in jean shorts and a hoodie?

Mikey:
No. Being on top.

Matt:
Overrated.

Mikey is taken aback by Matt's rather shocking response. Mikey, who is working so hard to reach that top spot and suddenly Matt just implies it's not worth it. Mikey looks at him demanding an answer.

Matt:
I mean, yeah. Being World Champion is an awesome feeling. You're the best. People are all over you. Good or bad reasons. But then the company wants you to do all these things. People constantly pick fights with you. But worse of all, when it's all over and you lose...... You want to go back. It's a like a game you beat and you loved it so much, you want to start it over again. But you already know the story. Don't let that discourage you because you still have to win the big one.

Mikey:
OK. But then why are you so dead set on winning the Gold Rush?

Matt:
Because it feels like an obligation now. I do want to be World Champion but at the same time, this feeling grabs me in the back of my head just telling me. "You have to. Or people will think you just got lucky." It's an annoying feeling. That's why I can't just stop and let other people go over me so easily. I need to do my best and I know my best is capable of making me World Champion. Much like you. Now if you don't mind, my bladder is telling me to Deliver Kickassery to the toilet.

Matt leaves for the bathroom as Mikey continues to look on at his own party. But not long goes by when Stacey Madison shows up and sits next to him. Mikey turns to her, kind of surprised. just smiles gleefully. It's almost creepy.

Mikey:
Um.... Hey?

Stacey:
Happy birthday!

Mikey: Thanks?

There's a good while of awkward silence as Mikey looks on confused at Stacey. He had to ask about earlier in the day.

Mikey:
So I have to ask. Why are you a jerk Matt?

Stacey: I'll tell you because it's your birthday. I like him. He's a nice guy. He's a hard worker. He's actually very amazing. You both are. I've been around and seen you both grow here. But the truth is I can't just let up who I am. You are who you are. He is who he is. I am who I am. I'm not gonna let up just like neither of you will. Good luck to you at Gold Rush. And to Matt. Just.... You know. Don't tell him.

Stacey leaves patting Mikey on the shoulder as Matt returns. He sits again with Mikey and turns to him.

Matt: Was that Stacey? What was she saying now?

Mikey: Good luck at the Gold Rush, bro.

Matt looks at Mikey confused by how he basically brushed the question away. But is fine with it. He replies anyway.

Matt: Good luck to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back