Give Him A Break.

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
Give him a break, let him take a few months off or maybe give him a movie to shoot. Oh yeah, I'm talking about no one other than the current WWE Champion, Roman Reigns.

I believe its high time Roman takes a break and is kept off of WWE television for like 3 - 4 months while he can work on other projects for the WWE like international promotions or working on movies or TV shows or even having a network show.

I'm shocked to see that both the other members of the Shield have shot a WWE movie while the better looking of the three has yet to star in anything other than Monday Night Raw.

Why am I saying that Roman should get off of TV and shoot a movie? Do I see him becoming the next break out movie star from the WWE similar to The Rock? Do I see him having a couple of hits like Stone Cold Steve Austin or do I see him making waves in Hollywood or on TV outside of the WWE like John Cena? No.

I think the outside exposure will be good for Roman in several ways because it will teach him a thing or two about line delivery, acting, and character development.

The other reason is that the fans who are really split on Roman will be finally be warming up to him upon his return because he hasn't been a focal point of tv in a while. He could get a big heros welcome back and become the babyface that the WWE really wanted him to be.

If the heros welcome doesn't really pan out as planned than I am sure it would make for a great heel turn. Imagine Roman just shouting "I did all I could to make you happy and all of the sudden when I left, people didn't even care to ask where I was. You all moved on without me like I was nothing." and turning against the fans. The face turn eventually will be big.

The big return also allows him to return with new music and ring gear but thats a small point.

I agree, ive said this many times. After the title comes off him he needs to be written off TV for a good period of time, especially if WWE intends on making him the future face of the company. Don't mention him, don't advertise him nothing. Set up with trainer and a ring in some undisclosed location to work on better his in ring skills and Let him become forgotten to the fans and then start up with the vague vignettes to bring him back. Give him a gimmick that matches his stature and demeanor and then bring him back.

Being in a WWE Studios movie won't be good for him. Those things are so shit WWE don't bother promoting them anymore.

'It's High time he took a break from TV'

What??

You should have just wrote, 'I don't like Roman Reigns and don't want him as champion'

Would have saved you a lot of time

Give him a break, let him take a few months off or maybe give him a movie to shoot. Oh yeah, I'm talking about no one other than the current WWE Champion, Roman Reigns.

I believe its high time Roman takes a break and is kept off of WWE television for like 3 - 4 months while he can work on other projects for the WWE like international promotions or working on movies or TV shows or even having a network show.

I'm shocked to see that both the other members of the Shield have shot a WWE movie while the better looking of the three has yet to star in anything other than Monday Night Raw.

I asked this question myself about a month ago when I heard Rollins was going to film a movie. Then I realized the answer was very simple, the guy can't act his way out of a wet paper bag. He might be the best looking one out of the Shield, but do you really want to expose his flaws even further on the big screen. There is a reason that Ambrose and Rollins got movie roles, they have personality, charisma none of which Reigns really has.

Why am I saying that Roman should get off of TV and shoot a movie? Do I see him becoming the next break out movie star from the WWE similar to The Rock? Do I see him having a couple of hits like Stone Cold Steve Austin or do I see him making waves in Hollywood or on TV outside of the WWE like John Cena? No.

I think the outside exposure will be good for Roman in several ways because it will teach him a thing or two about line delivery, acting, and character development.

Please don't put Reigns and the Rock in the same sentence. Yes they are related but are in reality worlds apart. The Rock just makes Reigns look bad every time he shows up. Cena also is miles ahead. The only waves Reigns would cause in Hollywood is if he cannonballed off the San Diego pier. Besides he's already taken time off, once for his hernia and a month or so for his nose operation. Neither one of those absences made the fans fall over themselves wanting him back. As a matter of fact it kind of worked in the reverse.

During one of his little vacations he took acting lessons. It still didn't help his timing and delivery. He's just not good talking in front of people, he gets rattled, which is something that happens to a good portion of the population. So I don't blame him at all.

The other reason is that the fans who are really split on Roman will be finally be warming up to him upon his return because he hasn't been a focal point of tv in a while. He could get a big heros welcome back and become the babyface that the WWE really wanted him to be.

If the heros welcome doesn't really pan out as planned than I am sure it would make for a great heel turn. Imagine Roman just shouting "I did all I could to make you happy and all of the sudden when I left, people didn't even care to ask where I was. You all moved on without me like I was nothing." and turning against the fans. The face turn eventually will be big.

The big return also allows him to return with new music and ring gear but thats a small point.

Listen I appreciate you trying but he is boring in the ring. I'm sorry but I was a fan of his and I'm saying that. Not even a prolonged absence would help him out here, especially if he's not injured, they tried that already.

They've used everything they possibly can to get the guy over and it's been two years in the works already. If the last resort is taking him off TV for an extended length of time, then maybe he shouldn't be on TV at all then.

If the heros welcome doesn't really pan out as planned than I am sure it would make for a great heel turn.

No. If the heroes welcome doesn't pan out, which it won't, you just wasted those 3-4 months you took him off TV. Congratulations.

Please don't put Reigns and the Rock in the same sentence. Yes they are related but are in reality worlds apart.

You make it sound like he said they're comparable. He didn't. In fact, he blatantly said he wasn't any of those previous names. It's called effect. Does it make as much of a point if he said "Is he going to be the next Gobbledy Gooker?" No.

Sheesh. You've gone from being a fan of Reigns, to "being a fan of Reigns" even though every post you made started with "I'm a Reigns fan, but (insert tirade of terrible things about him)", to now just making up excuses to bash on him. I guess I'll give you one thing: character development.

Please don't put Reigns and the Rock in the same sentence. Yes they are related but are in reality worlds apart.

Actually nope, no they aren't.

Their grandfathers are "blood brothers" which is the same as you and your best friend as kids pricking your fingers with a pin and smooshing them together, only I am guessing the Samoans take it a bit more seriously.

Still, not related.

Reigns has already had two damn breaks, decently long ones at that. No, if anything he needs to stay healthy, stick around for a couple years and develop into the man that they want him to be. Going away does nothing but turn the crowd on him even more than they already are. Acting may help with his promo delivery and whatnot, but as Navi said, they're not going to put a shitty actor on screen just for that reason. You know how you get better at being a pro-wrestler? By being on TV and wrestling every week, not by leaving every 6 months to make movies.

Maybe if Reigns showed some of that charisma everybody gushes over, he would get cast in a movie, until then, he'll have to settle for wrestling. Shitty deal, I know...

In a world... where robot ninjas are committing cyber-fraud to catfish the leaders of the UN using actual catfish as bait... one guy wouldn't stand for it.

Roman: If we don't train these squirrels to construct a time machine to send me back to an era where wearing pants up to your armpits was a common fashion trend, then we'll never be able to prevent that Japanese death metal band from driving in a convoy of Volkswagen beetles in an effort to knock over the Statue of Liberty!

Where a guy like him is there to make things right... a new evil emerges to undo his good deeds.

Roman: So Roman Reigns thinks that he can just super punch all the atom bombs in the world and use the residual heat to build a glass statue of Mae Young's hand baby? Not while Roman Reigns from one year in the past is in town. All I have to do is wait a year and let me kill myself to win.

Roman isn't alone in this fight... this time he brought some back-up.

Roman: I might be 92 years old and confined to a nitro-enhanced hoveround scooter, but I tend to wander into situations where I'm not welcome and cause an inordinate amount of destruction based on pure clumsiness. Believe THAT!

Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns and Roman Reigns star in: Roman Reigns, the Roman Reigns story.

Indeed, as has been mentioned, Reigns has had 2 breaks during his rise to the title, and neither really helped him. In fact, his first one (with the injury around the same time Daniel Bryan was out) he was as close to being over with the audience as he's ever been but he was clearly not ready for the big stage from a wrestling standpoint. And it's largely been downhill ever since.

If we're going to try to 'fix' the problem we need to address what's actually wrong: Roman's inability to get over with the audience. And I don't just mean them trying to feed in cheers and outright muting the audience at times, I mean doing what they've done with every other main eventer from the get go. They need to let him talk to the audience. Nothing works if everything he says is not only rehearsed but ignoring the audience itself. His current catch phrase isn't over, and it's corny as hell. But worse it's dismissive of the crowd that boos him mercilessly.

Whether people make excuses for Reigns, accuse the crowd of basically trying to control the show or lambast the WWE for controlling every aspect of Reign's character, Reigns has no connection with the audience. Let him cut a promo about how the audience treats him, let him develop as a talent on the mic. He doesn't have to talk for long periods of time, but he has to learn how to control an audience because right now it's the other way around.

If they won't, this won't change and all the time away in the world won't change it.

You make it sound like he said they're comparable. He didn't. In fact, he blatantly said he wasn't any of those previous names. It's called effect. Does it make as much of a point if he said "Is he going to be the next Gobbledy Gooker?" No.

Sheesh. You've gone from being a fan of Reigns, to "being a fan of Reigns" even though every post you made started with "I'm a Reigns fan, but (insert tirade of terrible things about him)", to now just making up excuses to bash on him. I guess I'll give you one thing: character development.

Then I misread it when he said the next breakout star like the Rock. I thought he was comparing the two. My mistake.

I'm more of Shield mark than anything else. He was perfect in the Shield. I'll leave it at that.

Actually nope, no they aren't.

Their grandfathers are "blood brothers" which is the same as you and your best friend as kids pricking your fingers with a pin and smooshing them together, only I am guessing the Samoans take it a bit more seriously.

Still, not related.

I know they aren't blood related, but even they call each other cousins, and the WWE announcers call them cousins, as a matter of fact everyone calls them cousins. So while they aren't blood relatives by virtue of marriage and adoption, they are semi-related. That works for me.

Taking him off TV won't help anything. He has already had breaks. The problem is that Roman Reigns can't act. None of his promos seem natural. He is like a robot just reading off a script. Now he needs to go film a movie where you need to be able to act and come off as natural? That doesn't really make any sense. When it comes to charisma and mic skills, you either have it or you don't. Rock, Austin, Hogan, Cena, Owens, Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, Punk, Jericho, HHH, HBK, Edge, and many other wrestlers had it. They just had it. (Enzo - And you can't teach that!) Reigns just doesn't have it.

More like, Give us a break.

Romans been spammed in our faces hard since Survivor Series last year (When people legit wanted an Isis attack over Roman winning, As screwed up as that sounds)

Before that, he's also been shoved pretty hard in our faces since last year's Royal Rumble.

Give us a few months without him, have him come back in and reinvent himself (He's still the shield character from years back, both his brethren moved on, he's still the shield).

It isn't just smarks anymore, if you see his reaction on any live entrance ever for the past 2 years, you know that nobody wants him in his current state.

Reigns doesn't need time off to do movies, promotional stuff etc. what Reigns needs is a heel turn, arguably doing it against someone like Dean Ambrose to make that bit better.

Reigns can be the face of WWE for years to come, the mistake WWE would make is keeping him as he is and pushing him down the faces of the WWE Universe almost like they did/have done with John Cena.

A heel run before eventually turning him face can work, it has done in the past, I don't know why WWE are fearful of doing this, turning Reigns heel leaves a spot open at the top for another face.

If I remember correctly, when he was injured last year before returning and winning the WWE superstar of the year award, he went through 2 months of acting lessons. WWE creative were very much disappointed in his facial expressions that they made him take acting classes. And if you all remember well, the goofy faces he made after returning from injury added insult to the injury made the fans to hate him more. Let his groom in the ring. If he should evolve, let him evolve in the ring or at WWE performance centre. The NXT stars used to take promo classes at the performance centre. Roman Reigns should go there and learn a few stuffs.

WWE will never take him off TV for that long unless he's injured or starring in a movie worth losing their top new star. Nothing less than a legit Hollywood film would convince Vince to willingly allow his most lucrative pet project away for that long.

Not that it matters. Reigns leaving for any amount of time won't mean a thing if, upon his return, WWE falls back on the same misguided booking that turned fans against him in the first place. Unless they use his sabbatical as an opportunity to do a full reinvention of the character, Roman's return will be about as welcomed as his comeback from his 30-minute nap in this year's Royal Rumble.

Roman's detractors have already settled into their trenches of hate and will crap on the guy no matter what. Roman just leaving and coming back is not enough to erase the horrible stigma he's been burdened with. If that's all it took, Cena would be universally loved whenever he returns from big breaks. The only thing that might do the job is a full-blown heel turn so that fans can get the booing out of their systems before they inevitably find him cool again and turn him face.

What he needs is a couple years of training if he's going to be the face of the company. He doesn't have years of training like Rollins and Ambrose had and he would have really been helped with some time in an area like SMW or OVW. It's just not easy for Reigns to just jump into character. If you're going to take him off tv then take the belt off him.

He can't take a break right now to film some stupid movie.. He's currently carrying RAW on his back as WWE Champ... Maybe after he loses the title he can take a break, but he's going to be champion for a long, long time.

I don't care for these passive aggressive topics that pretend to care about a talent's well being or career but what they're really saying is that they don't like them and want them gone. It's like the OP doesn't think we know what he's really trying to say. If you hate him just come out and say it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back