Get The Rock Out! - Latest Update

The Rock vs. John Cena is probably the biggest match in modern wrestlemania history, bigger than Rock-Hogan, IMO. I'm talking biggest in terms of hype. To be honest, the match itself will probably suck.

What you have to understand is Vince wants to make as much money as possible. He wants as many Wrestlemania PPV buys as humanly possible.

I somewhat agree with what you're saying but in terms of the big picture, if the Rock agreed to do this, they HAVE to do it AND they have to bring him back as many times as possible to build up the hype.

What's going to get more buys (Note: I'm not asking which you'd prefer to see): The Rock vs. John Cena or say The Miz vs. John Morrison for the belt?

It's all about selling the PPV.

Heres the Thing, Rock vs Cena could still be on a Card with Morrison vs Miz for the WWE title. Putting the WWE title for grabs in the Rock vs Cena match is pointless. Other performers work their asses off to get a chance to become WWE champ and the Rock comes back cuts a bunch of shitty childish outdated promo's on Cena and he gets shotgunned to the moon and gets the top spot on WM28's card for the WWE TITLE? bullshit.

If John Morrison didn't suck so badly he could be a great contender for the Miz for the title at WM28, but because he's a waste of space lacking true talent they cannot build him up to the caliber that the Miz has been able to get to.

I for one didn't buy WM27 because the Rock was the host, I bought WM27 because I am a fan of the WWE and I enjoy their products. True fans will travel around the world to witness a WM event live, they will pay the cover charge to watch the PPV's putting the Rock on the card wont make that much of a difference because the core audience will still tune in to watch the show.

Heres the Thing, Rock vs Cena could still be on a Card with Morrison vs Miz for the WWE title. Putting the WWE title for grabs in the Rock vs Cena match is pointless. Other performers work their asses off to get a chance to become WWE champ and the Rock comes back cuts a bunch of shitty childish outdated promo's on Cena and he gets shotgunned to the moon and gets the top spot on WM28's card for the WWE TITLE? bullshit.

If John Morrison didn't suck so badly he could be a great contender for the Miz for the title at WM28, but because he's a waste of space lacking true talent they cannot build him up to the caliber that the Miz has been able to get to.

I for one didn't buy WM27 because the Rock was the host, I bought WM27 because I am a fan of the WWE and I enjoy their products. True fans will travel around the world to witness a WM event live, they will pay the cover charge to watch the PPV's putting the Rock on the card wont make that much of a difference because the core audience will still tune in to watch the show.

I totally agree with what you're saying. You are right that the core audience will still watch no matter what but again, it's all about getting the most buys. People that aren't real fans or that don't follow WWE anymore are more likely to buy it if they see that The Rock vs. John Cena is the main event. Some mainstream media might even hype it since The Rock is tapped into Hollywood now. Putting the Rock vs. Cena on the card and hyping the shit out of it (which means bringing The Rock back as many times as possible) will only mean more buys and more money for WWE which is the whole reason why Vince is doing this.

In terms of having the match for the belt, has that been confirmed? I thought Cena hinted at it in a promo but I don't see it happening. How can WWE expect us to put up with him holding the belt that long? Plus, what happens to the Rumble winner? He's forced to challenge the world champion?

I don't think it will be for the belt.

I totally agree with what you're saying. You are right that the core audience will still watch no matter what but again, it's all about getting the most buys. People that aren't real fans or that don't follow WWE anymore are more likely to buy it if they see that The Rock vs. John Cena is the main event. Some mainstream media might even hype it since The Rock is tapped into Hollywood now. Putting the Rock vs. Cena on the card and hyping the shit out of it (which means bringing The Rock back as many times as possible) will only mean more buys and more money for WWE which is the whole reason why Vince is doing this.

In terms of having the match for the belt, has that been confirmed? I thought Cena hinted at it in a promo but I don't see it happening. How can WWE expect us to put up with him holding the belt that long? Plus, what happens to the Rumble winner? He's forced to challenge the world champion?

I don't think it will be for the belt.

I believe it was the Rock that said the match would be for the WWE Title, so the Title is still currently a part of that match. From how it looks right now the winner of the Rumble will be forced into a match with the WHC at the time (most likely Orton) They've booked themselves into a corner and less something drastic happens it'll be a very predictable WM

interesting thoughts, the rock isnt on raw, he doesnt really do anything other then movies, and yes he is a bigger draw then like, everyone else on the roster. as forhim at WM 28, that will be most likely the last time we see him wrestle, and i dont believe that it will be for the wwe title, it will be so that the ppv will be a bigger draw. plus, lets face it, if rock and cena go at it, that doesnt really affect any other talent, they just dont get to be in the top spot for the ppv. and most of the newer guys arent exactly deserving to be in the top spot to have a huge non-title match. more for the big established stars to go at it, similar to undertaker wrestling at WM the last few years, mainly so that theres a huge match. other talent will be feuding and more newer guys will most likely be involved and hopefully cena wont be champ come WM 28,

I hate to sound like a jerk, but The Rock is and always will be a bigger draw than John Cena. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but that's how the cookie crumbles. The Rock was just a huge part of the most popular era of sports entertainment while Cena carries the load of one of the least memorable eras.

I hate to sound like a jerk, but The Rock is and always will be a bigger draw than John Cena. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but that's how the cookie crumbles. The Rock was just a huge part of the most popular era of sports entertainment while Cena carries the load of one of the least memorable eras.

Actually, this IS the truth. Rock will always be bigger than cena. Not only he was a huge part of the most popular era, but the year he took over as THE GUY(2000) end up as the most successful year in the attitude era, and arguable the most successful year in wwe history. 2000 was the wwe at its very best in terms of buyrates, shows ratings, popularity and all that stuff. And yes, there was no austin and there was no vince..well vince was there but he really never had any major role like he did in 1999 and 1998, it was rock, foley, taker, and kane vs the mcmahon helmsley faction.

Cena on the other hand...well, he wasn't talented enough to follow up. He tried his best, but still... it's not his fault that he's not as good as rock or austin.

this is why John Cena is better than the Rock

JohnCena John Cena
Ps. Yes I will be in Lowell tonight and no I wont send Dwayne some crappy 'wish u were here pic'. I will just show up. Like I always do. :)

You're self proclaimed peoples champ wont be back on Raw until he can claim another pay off. Cena will show up, perform and give you your moneys worth

Yeah, I agree. And he's probably better than hogan since hogan betrayed us and signed up with the enemy(TNA). Yeah and maybe he's better than taker since taker is only showing up at mania to add a w to his winning streak(What a selfish human being). Matter of fact he IS better than HBK, since HBK is setting at home knowing that he's still can hang with the best of them.

You know what, Cena is the greatest of all time!! based on hard work and commitment. He always show up and all the kids go crazy for him and he's a great role model. People should be treating him with more respect, he's a good human being, he don't deserve all the heat.

Here fb481777 shut the fuck up!!!!. Have you seen the lack of Main Event talent that is in that WWE ring today. Apart from Randy Orton, Cm Punk, John Morrison Alberto Del Rio as main event star's who else is a HUGE!!! Draw no one else that's who. U got Mark Henry who they are supposing to push as a heel now and fight for the WHC,who in god's name wants to see John Cena vs Mark Henry at next years WM28, Rey Mysterio is too old now and too injury proned same goes for Taker & HHH. I don't care how many text's about this but The Miz is crap he's good on the mic that's it he's not a Main Eventer sorry he doesn't strike me has a Top dog wrestler in WWE at most he's a mid card wrestler.

As for The Rock he is the last of the great entertainer's in the WWE!!! why not have The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE Title it makes it more exciting lord know's the WWE hasn't been exciting an edgy for like 10 years now. So what if he's not a full time wrestler he still bring's in louds of rating's even if he's a part time wrestler. So im sorry The rock deserves this WWE title shot even if he win's it or not, he's the last of the WWE great's who can still wrestle and up on a show.
So you call Morrison a top star yet a WWE Champion is mid-carder?:lmao::lmao::lmao: Morrison marks are f'n annoying these days. Mark Henry is closer to the title than him.

But anyway theres no argument. This will guarantee 1million buys for WWE and thats all Vince cares about. Logic isnt used in the WWE.

I dont think its the rock that needs to be ousted, Its the fact that its a title match. Obviously the WWE wont put the title on the rock, Hes not a full time wrestler anymore, and he is a piece of WWE history now, Hes been champion. Its time some of the younger stars got there chance for a spot at the top of the card.

Yeah, I agree. And he's probably better than hogan since hogan betrayed us and signed up with the enemy(TNA). Yeah and maybe he's better than taker since taker is only showing up at mania to add a w to his winning streak(What a selfish human being). Matter of fact he IS better than HBK, since HBK is setting at home knowing that he's still can hang with the best of them.

You know what, Cena is the greatest of all time!! based on hard work and commitment. He always show up and all the kids go crazy for him and he's a great role model. People should be treating him with more respect, he's a good human being, he don't deserve all the heat.

1. Hogan it getting old now and besides it's hard for an old man to travel every week.:banghead:

2. Taker is already injured and he needs some time off, he needs some rest and he's getting old also.. He's not SUPER JOHN CENA who still wrestle and travel despite having multiple injuries which is clearly a LIE. Besides he's not selfish it's just no one in the locker room wants to end his streak.:lmao:

3. HBK has some serious back problems and he didn't wrestled for 4 years and despite the fact that it can end his career he still put a good show and a good match. He's 45, same age as Taker and both of them has serious injuries and body problems.. Even a great boxer needs to retire before 40:banghead:

1. Hogan it getting old now and besides it's hard for an old man to travel every week.:banghead:

2. Taker is already injured and he needs some time off, he needs some rest and he's getting old also.. He's not SUPER JOHN CENA who still wrestle and travel despite having multiple injuries which is clearly a LIE. Besides he's not selfish it's just no one in the locker room wants to end his streak.:lmao:

3. HBK has some serious back problems and he didn't wrestled for 4 years and despite the fact that it can end his career he still put a good show and a good match. He's 45, same age as Taker and both of them has serious injuries and body problems.. Even a great boxer needs to retire before 40:banghead:

ummm.....No...NO....It's cena's time now :icon_cry:. Austin, rock and all these past superstars aren't supposed to be in the wwe, they're taking the spotlight away from cena, THAT'S NOT FAIR!:icon_cry: He always make wishes for the young kids, and that's why he's a bigger star than hogan in his prime....:unsure:

1- I don't care if he's old or not, cena will always be the bigger star. Hogan reached the top by playing politics and stapping people from behind, and that's why cena will always be the bigger star. What has he(hogan) ever done, anyway?

2- Taker is so selfish, he's refusing to hang them so he can hug the spotlights. Every year's wrestlemania is the same thing, "Who will end the streak?", come on, give the young talents a chance to shine. Taker is getting stale, and he should be OUT immediately. He's holding the young talent back.

3- NO! he's faking it! He's just not as loyal as cena, and that's why cena is ten times better than HBK in the ring. He's THE FACE OF THE COMPANY FOR GOD SAKES!! All people should stop living in the past(attitude era), and let go, it's a new generation now, the future looks bright under cena's leadership. :suspic:

WWE is a business. Sometimes businesses employ tactics not seen as 'fair' in an attempt to achieve its main purpose: financial success. The Rock is a proven draw (see buyrate for Wrestlemania 27), and having him main event Wrestlemania 28 is a smart business move. Fans wanna see it, The Rock is actually willing, and I’m pretty sure others on the roster than you claim are more deserving understand and respect The Rock’s place on the WM card, even if you don’t.

It’s all about the money, and that’s not a bad thing. It pushes WWE to attract and satisfy the most fans possible; The Rock vs. John Cena being a perfect example. It’s been a dream match ever since the latter became WWE’s face, and one of the main factors that contributes to the magnitude of the match is the rarity of Rocky’s appearances. Of course he has to maintain interest in the feud via appearances, but if he were at every show, I guarantee you it’d hurt Wretlemania 28, which hurts WWE.

There may already be 8,000 threads on the topic of The Rock’s and his absence, but I needed to speak my mind after watching the video of CM Punk and John Cena in Australia. Why would Punk take shots at The Rock’s absence when he is leaving the WWE himself and really seems to respect other companies more than Vince’s? (even if scripted I do believe he feels this way and no one knows if a new contract has been signed). He seemed to have no problem with the way Brock Lesnar left. (flipping off a crowd at the company’s biggest event).

I do not see why people haven’t understood the “never going to leave” quote given by The Rock. The point of that statement was that he will never turn his back on Vince McMahon and will continue to make appearances, even though he has dedicated himself to his new profession.

The Rock made his intentions clear when he shifted to acting. He told the world he was done wrestling, wanted to be called Dwayne Johnson, and accepted movie offers whenever he could. Do you not think Austin and HHH wouldn’t love to receive big movie offers? I can’t imagine how excited Austin must have been about The Expendables.

Chris Jericho’s band just opened for Anthrax recently and I respect him more than any current wrestler.

Why are some acting like he must appear on every single show as if he’s never been there before? He has wrestled for years and accomplished more than most. From coming out with a big smile/jherry curls to becoming an icon. Many will claim that The Rock should always be there because he would not be The Rock without them. He would not be The Rock without the WWE, but it is not a one street. The Rock was given an opportunity, became a star, was paid and in turn the WWE benefited greatly from his presence. Everybody won, not just one side.

He gained his fame in the WWE but he always gives back when he really does not have to. The Rock does not owe us anything.

Even though he made the decision to act, he still returned whenever Vince needed him. Brock Lesnar’s title win, Stone Cold’s final match, losing to Goldberg, Rock n Sock losing to Evolution, and even plenty of Hurricane moments.

When he returned as the guest host, it was one of the best pops I’ve ever heard. Look at the YouTube video and watch the crowd explode. However, that love slowly turned into hate, on the internet anyway.

People knew The Rock would eventually leave, but anyone saying that he came back for money is absolutely ridiculous. I’m pretty sure he is all set in the money department. He came back because he actually does care. He is part of a wrestling family and every time he wrestled he wanted to honor them. He helped Vince with WM and I can honestly say that the highlight of that show was Rock and Austin face to face.

Why do the younger guys bash past legends when Vince still has to bring those legends in to create interest? If you don’t want to see The Rock vs. John Cena, then that makes me worry.

Too many talk of pro wrestling as though it is actual collegiate style/Olympic wrestling. Vince is right. Pro wrestling is entertainment and I’ll take Rock/Cena over a “mat classic” like Punk/Bryan any day. I went to Summerslam 06 wearing full Cena camo while his Boston crowd booed him out of the building and I thought CM Punk’s “shoot” delivery was fantastic.

The question I have is was it the person that made the promo great or the content? Although Punk has great delivery, it was the content that shocked everyone. If you took another wrestler with decent mic skills and let him rip the company, then everyone would be just as excited. As for The Rock continually using catch phrases, that makes him the same as every other major wrestler in history. The Rock has used different creative insults on each wrestler he’s faced. I never heard him talk about fruity pebbles when he was a full-time wrestler.

The main promo difference between Cena/Punk and Rock/Austin is that Rock and Austin displayed their talents by performing in a character they perfected. Cena and Punk seem to deliver promos in their real life personalities and that shouldn’t be what pro wrestling is about.

Listening to these two act as if they are above The Rock and continuously make remarks about where he is makes me sick. It seems that if you retire because of injury like Edge or Austin, you will be forever respected. Or if you retire with a ceremony like Flair and HBK, then you will also be respected. But if you leave wrestling on your own terms like The Rock or continue wrestling well past your prime like Hogan, then you are disrespected.

John Cena fired the first shots at The Rock years ago when a true professional would have been respectful to someone who dominated the business before them.

I apologize if this is one big Rock mark out piece but this is the truth.

Once again, The Rock has been part of some of the greatest matches, storylines, moments in history and owes nothing.

Thank you for your time.

The Rock is the biggest draw the WWE could obtain at this time. Vince seems to be very concerned over Mania numbers and what better way to ensure the largest viewership for that night possible than to have John Cena face The Rock? The two are the biggest names associated with wrestling that are not in TNA or dead. Sure, its not fair for a lot of guys in the back who could have used the exposure of having a match with Cena (you guys have said it yourself that Cena helped launch the careers of guys like The Miz and Sheamus) but they're just going to have to step up and gain momentum some other way. It is however, very unprofessional of The Rock to get such an opportunity handed to him after 7 years of trying to distance himself from the WWE and not being willing to do at least a couple for appearances for the company. He finished Fast 5 and could've easily taken a break from acting (I doubt hes going to go bankrupt from not acting for a year) and done some appearances for the WWE. Its all a case of Vince being scared to man up and tell Rock to promote the rivalry on another platform besides Twitter but I guess an investment as big as that match at Wrestlemania is worth guarding with any accommodation required.

Has anyone looked at The Rock lately and asked how the hell he is going to put on a Main Event match at Wrestlemania with John 'Five moves if your lucky' Cena? The Rock has bulked up big time for his movie rolls, and is carrying a hell of a lot of muscle. He is going to struggle to be agile enough in the ring. Even a few months back when he was delivering the Rock Bottom he barely left the ground and it looked rather sloppy. I loved it when The Rock returned, as he is one of the best in the business, but I am just a tad concerned with what sort of match they will end up having.

I don't see why SummerSlam wouldn't be doable for him since it's in Los Angeles and I'm sure he was asked about it a while ago, so he'd have plenty of notice. Considering the amount of time they're spending to build this up, it would only make sense to have Rock at some big shows. It will be interesting to see how he fits into whatever Cena is doing at the moment, whether it's with Punk or Vince or Del Rio, and hopefully not overshadowing any other people involved. This is going to be the biggest match in professional wrestling in ten years, so Rock should be involved in the year leading up to it; they also need to be mindful in the storylines that are going on at the moment and figure out a way to fit him in, in a logical manner. The year long buildup thing is tricky; we'll see how they do with it in the months to come.

the match will BE A HIT and draw ALOT a shit load. But making it for the tittle makes it like super obvious cena is going to win. IF its not tittle weight the match has will carry it and u can have the WWE tittle in its seperate slot making it another must see WM match eith its own weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back