General Hall of Fame: Worthy? Discussion Thread

Whoever said Luger and Sid deserves to be beaten with pair of scissors. Seriously, those two have NO place in the HoF.

The only truly deserving people who aren't currently in have so much heat with Vince that we'll be lucky if we ever see them, and that's Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage. Sammartino keeps giving Vince the cold shoulder (and you thought Bret was bitter) and Benoit will get in before Savage does (well, Benoit also deserves it, but another story for another day).

Think Sting will ever get inducted, even though he never worked for Vince? I mean, Bill Watts never worked for Vince to my knowledge and he's being inducted this year...hell, Gordon Solie was inducted and he never worked for Vince. I may have answered my own question.

Of course we all know there isn't a more deserving superstar than Steve Lombardi, owner of such classic gimmicks as the Brooklyn Brawler, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz, and general jobber to the stars. He does, however, have a victory over Triple H, and that in and of itself should make ANYONE a HoFer.

First off you're right Sid does deserve the scissor treatment courtesy of Arn Anderson

Anyway my picks

Arn Anderson- Hugely underrated best spinebuster ever
Dynamite Kid- A million times better than Davey Boy Smith
Bruiser Brody- One the greatest Heels ever pretty big as a face too
Brian Pillman-Better than Eddie Guerrero
Randy Savage- Doubtful but remember with Vince it's never say never
Miss Elizabeth- Undoubtedly the greatest valet ever......and fuck you Lex Luger

Randy Savage never slept with Stephanie so get over that rumor, I mean think about it really, he would be completely blackballed in all of wrestling probably if that was true

Ive always thought that the attitube era superstars should be inducted all together in one year....but it would never happen...i always wanted to see
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Mick Foley
Kurt Angle
HBK
Triple H
Kane
The Undertaker

....all on one class...but since austin is in this year its not gonna happen...plus idk whats gonna happen with foley and angle now that they are in tna....but macho man deserves it and owen also

are you kidding me? Psycho Sid should be in the WWE hall of fame. he has charisma to boot and is perhaps the 5th best big man in the history of the WWE. since this is Vince's Hall of Fame he's going to be in. not sure when but he will be in.

Ive always thought that the attitube era superstars should be inducted all together in one year....but it would never happen...i always wanted to see
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Mick Foley
Kurt Angle
HBK
Triple H
Kane
The Undertaker

....all on one class...but since austin is in this year its not gonna happen...plus idk whats gonna happen with foley and angle now that they are in tna....but macho man deserves it and owen also

Attitude Era Fan lol. It will never happen in 1 year..WWE wants to have one star attraction, but that would be the best HOF ever if it did happen

You should also throw in another superstar: Ken Shamrock If Angle wont make you tap, Ken will!

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Mick Foley
Kurt Angle
HBK
Triple H
Kane
The Undertaker

That's an interesting concept, but there is no way. Why? Egos. How do you put those guys in order of their acceptance speeches? Also, most of those guys, I know I would love to hear speak and tell stories for well over an hour, so that ceremony would be about a day long.

Paul Bearer- 1 of the most entertaining managers in wwe history

Harvey Wippleman- I know it'll be suggested I be stabbed with a pair of scissors for this 1. But Wippleman managed the likes of Sid (2 time wwe champion) and is the only man to hold the womens title! (Hervina)

Laurence Taylor- To this day I disagree with wwe making Bam Bam Bigelow v Lawrence Taylor the main event at wm11 but the fact of the matter is it happened and everyone remembers it. There arent any other footballers that have main evented Mania!

Jim Cornette - Highly unlikely to ever happen but Cornette was one of the most succesful tag team managers in wrestling history

The Nasty Boys-Very unlikely to happen. however the Nasty Boys were a top tag team in wwe in the early 90's

The Natural Disasters- Earthquake started as a top heel and challenger to Hogan before turning face and linking up with Typhoon. Typhoon had a run in wwe as 'Tugboat' prior to his link with Earthquake and also was memorably 'The Shockmaster'. 2 of the most memorable wrestlers in the business

Jim 'the anvil' Neidhart- A good point raised earlier. Brets in, Jimmy Harts in but no Anvil? Why?

Vince Mcmahon Jnr- This would be controversial as it would basicaly mean Vince chosing to put himself into his h.o.f. But to be honest the guy deserves it. He has given us wwe, he gave us Hulkamania, he gave us Wrestlemania! 1 of the greatest heels in wwe history the guy everybody loves to hate but wants to be. Why wait until he's dead or well retired before he gets inducted? This year sees the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania. Vince created Wrestlemania. What better way to thank him?

I was surprised to see two people already mention him, but Paul Heyman. This guy was the face of ECW, and put it on the map. He had no money to do it, but he somehow figured it all out. He brought Brock Lesnar into the business, and was one of the best managers of all time. Whether or not Vince will ever allow Paul into the Hall...we may never know.
I think Eric is one of those guys who will get the induction into the Hall in about 10 years, when people have forgotten who he is. One of the best GM's of Raw we have ever had, and he definitely knew how to make people hate him.

As a joke, I would love to see the Coach induct Bischoff

The following are worthy of Hall of Fame induction:

Bruno Sammartino
Bob Backlund
Randy Savage
Ted Dibiase
Owen Hart
The Rock
Mick Foley
Trish Stratus
Paul Heyman
The Legion of Doom
The British Bulldogs
The Von Erichs
The Freebirds
The Rock n Roll Express
The Brain Busters

There are plenty more, but these are some that come to mind right away. We know Bruno, Savage, and Dynamite Kid have problems with Vince which are keeping them out of the hall. Foley is with TNA so he won't go in for a while. The rest should go in within the next few years. Keep in mind WWE needs to spread the talent out over the years so the induction ceremony is a big event each year. Koko B. Ware? I guess anyone can get in.

So with WM25 approaching, that also means the HOF ceremony is approaching as well. Now I have to purchase the deluxe editions of the WM dvds so I can get the full HOF ceremony because those are really a treat to watch all the guys tell stories about their careers and a rare chance to see everybody out of their in-ring characters for a night of honoring those who paved the way for the superstars of today. That's one thing I love about the HOF ceremony, to see Edge and Orton smiling like normal people and things of that nature. But I started to think of some names that are not in the HOF yet and I think it should be up for debate if they should be in the hall, and if they do... how long can we expect to wait to see them inducted.

Owen Hart- this is the most obvious one in my eyes right now that hasn't been inducted yet. This isn't a matter of will he...but when will he. I'm not taking anything away from Koko B. Ware, but if we're inducting him, isn't Owen just a matter of time? Does the name High Energy ring a bell here? But to see Koko inducted before Owen is kind of a slap in the face I think. Yes I realize this is more of a kayfabe HOF, but it's still a great ceremony and honor in my eyes and a great way to kick off the WM event. Is WWE just waiting a little longer to induct Owen since they did induct Bret just 3 years ago? Is this a case of let's wait a little and then we'll do Owen when we can't think of anyone else? And I'll be quite honest, I also think it's a little insulting that they inducted Eddie before Owen. I loved Eddie, but Owen's life was spent in the WWE. Eddie had what... 4 years or so? This is just one man's opinion but I really hope we get to see Owen take his rightful place next year. I know some disagree but looking back at my SS and WM anthology dvds and watching Owen's matches, he truly was the most underrated performer in the company. He put on some amazing matches and is totally deserving. Since we're on the subject of Owen, that brings me to my next superstar...

The British Bulldog- I think this is a bit of a gray area, but I believe he deserves to be in the HOF. His resume isn't as impressive as Owen's, but he was a huge favorite with the people and was an IC champion. Plus, he brought a really cool dog to the ring with him. Who doesn't love his dog? I dunno... I think he deserves it even though it's not as clearcut as many of the other inductees.

Paul Bearer- You can NOT think of the Undertaker and not immidiately think of Paul Bearer. Not only did he manage Taker, he also "brought us" Kane. Now Kane is quite possibly the most poorly booked performer of all time but that's a debate for another thread, but you can't deny Kane the time he's spent with the company. Paul Bearer brought us both of these superstars and they are still both with the company to this day. Yes I'm aware that Brother Love first brought us Taker, but when you think Taker, you don't think Brother Love. Paul Bearer deserves to be in the HOF because he is one of the most recognizable managers in the history of the business IMO.

If anyone else has anything to add to my 3 picks, debate about my picks, or add some picks of your own, throw them into the discussion.

i disagree with owen hart. i think he should be in the hall of fame and would be especially if he became "the game" like he was supposed to, but i always said honky tonk man deserved it before owen, davey boy, eddie, or any other star, bc of his ic title reign. i think both bulldogs deserve to be in the hof, and i think koko is in there as a lifetime achievement type deal. paul bearer was a staple in takers career and should be inducted in my opinion. i think a lot of men who should be in and arent, include garea, windham, rotundo, martel, arn anderson, demolition, bushwackers, ron simmons and the freebirds.

also too, owen may not be in bc when a star is deceased, the immediate family/next of kin makes the call. in eddies case, they asked vicky. in eddie grahams case, it was mike graham. in the von erich family, kevin would be asked. in the cases of owen and davey, it would be martha hart, and diana smith. stu hart i feel should be in it, if he hasnt been inducted already, and for him it would likely be bret. so maybe owen isnt in bc martha wont let it happen or they dont want to contact her due to poor dealings in the past.

I don't think the fact that Owen not being inducted into the HOF yet, has anything to do with WWE not wanting to induct him, or shunning him. It's simply the fact that Owen's widow wants little to do with WWE and probably won't allow Vince to induct him. Owen most likely won't be inducted until Martha Hart let's it happen. Simple as that.

The British Bulldog is more than deserving. He was one of the most talented athletes the WWE had during the '90s and was a big factor in helping the WWE expand their audience into Europe during the early '90s. He was never the top guy, but if Koko B. Ware (while talented, was career jobber at best) is getting in, then the Bulldog definitely deserves in. WWE is probably just waiting for the right time to induct him. Perhaps maybe when his son breaks out into a star.

Paul Bearer deserves in too. WWE could be waiting to induct him until Taker retires that way Taker can induct him into the HOF. Or perhaps maybe they'll have Taker and Paul Bearer both go in the same year. I think that would be fitting. If that's the case, then Paul will have to wait until Taker retires obviously.

I'm not going to debate you on your picks, because I feel all three are deserving. But as deserving as those three are, there are still other wrestlers that are more deserving of induction.

1. Bruno Sammartino: Arguably the greatest WWE champion of all-time. Certainly one of the top champions. He put the WWE (when it was the WWWF) on the map and helped it more than any other wrestler to become the No. 3 company in American pro wrestling along with the NWA and AWA. To this day he is a legend in the northeastern part of the country. He sold out Madison Square Garden more than any other wrestler ever (even more than Hogan).

He's obviously the most deserving wrestler that has yet to be inducted (unless you start going with guys that never wrestled in the WWE like Lou Thesz, El Santo, Giant Baba, etc.). The only thing holding him back as has been well documented is himself. He's refused induction on numerous occassions. Vince and the WWE are all for paying him the respect and honor he deserves by being inducted, it's just a matter of when Bruno will finally come around to the idea, if he ever does.

2. Bob Backlund: The wrestler with the 3rd longest WWE Championship reign in WWE history (behind Bruno's 1st reign, and Hogan's 1st reign), and the man who personified the WWE from 78-83. While he is somewhat forgotten compared to other champions due to his lack of charisma, he was still a fantastic wrestler who held the WWE title longer than most in the company's history. He also had a memorable, and somewhat underrated heel turn in 1994, and became the oldest WWE champion in history up that point (until Hogan won the title in 2002 at the age of 48). Bob Backlund is very deserving.

I saw a thread here on the message board the other day that brought up Bob Backlund and asking why he hasn't been inducted yet. Well, to answer that question, Jim Ross talked about Bob Backlund on one of the Legends of Wrestling episodes on WWE 24/7. He said that they had offered Bob Backlund induction into the HOF on a number of occassions, but that Bob turned it down. Not because he dislikes the WWE or has issues with Vince or anything like that. According to Jim Ross, Bob feels that he shouldn't be inducted until his career is over, and that he still feels he can go and wrestle and still have a career. Kind of strange, but kind of cool too. So I'm sure Bob Backlund will be inducted, when he feels he's ready for it.

3. Randy Savage: No need to discuss this one too much, as it's been discussed plenty of times. He was the biggest star of the Hulkamania era that has yet to be inducted. More than deserving. No one is too sure what the real reason why he hasn't been inducted yet. There's of course lots of different alleged reasons for why, but no one really knows for sure. Whatever the reason, hopefully Vince will get his head out of his ass one day, and do what's right for all of us fans, and give Savage his moment by inducting him.

4. Ted Dibiase: Why he hasn't been inducted yet, I just can't figure out. He was the top heel in the WWE of the late '80s, and one of the greatest heels ever. He's a legend. And he's on great terms with WWE, and he has three sons wrestling for the company (two still training), with one of them being a major heel player on the Raw brand currently. Maybe he'll be announced tonight on Raw or in the next week or two as being one of the last inductees of the 2009 class. I'm hoping.

5. Jake Roberts: Yes, he's had a lot of personal troubles and demons and has been highly unreliable at times. But despite all of that and how he's turned out, he was still one of the greatest wrestlers in the WWE in the '80s and early '90s. He was one of it's biggest stars and was a genius with promos and his character and wrestling and crowd psychology. Jake Roberts is a hall of famer without a doubt. They need to induct him.

6. Rick Rude: Another one of the great heels in the WWE during the late '80s/early '90s. And he managed to win the I-C title, which was something many great heels during that time (like Ted Dibiase and Rick Martel) didn't do. A big star in WCW as well. Great heel, and more than deserving.

7. The Honky Tonk Man: The longest reigning I-C champion of all time with a memorable gimmick. It's hard to look back at WWE in the late '80s and not have the Honky Tonk Man come to mind. He was a big part of it. And he's on good terms with WWE now since he's been used on TV quite a bit recently, and he's had action figures made of him and will be on the Legends of Wrestlemania game. The time is coming for his induction.

8. Howard Finkel: Do I need to explain why he should be inducted? He's the signature ring announcer of the WWE. He's been at every Wrestlemania and has been with WWE longer than just about anyone. If I remember right, he even came up with the Wrestlemania name. That alone should get him inducted.

There's plenty of others that deserve induction such as Bam Bam Bigelow, Yokozuna, the Bushwhackers, Demolition, LOD, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Ken Patera, Rick Martel, the Big Boss Man, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Goldust, Jim Cornette, Miss Elizabeth, Dynamite Kid, King Kong Bundy, Mick Foley, Brooklyn Brawler (the greatest jobber, ever) etc.

And I'm sure that with Stone Cold getting inducted this year, I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before the Rock gets inducted.

My Hall of Fame Worthy Would be

Macho Man Randy Savage-one of the best in ring performers 2 time wwf/e champion and multiple time WCW champion

Owen Hart-He was a great performer he would have gotten the title eventually if he hadnt died; mutiple time I-C Champion

Chris Beniot-in my opinion the best wrestler on smackdown at the time he was U.S. Champion really anyone could have a good match with Beniot he was just that good

Undertaker and Paul Bearer-Does anything need to be said about them they were just awesome

Davey Boy Smith-in 2002 he made a statement that he wanted to return to WWE then later he tragicly died he was first European Champion multiple time Tag Champion and I think he was also an Intercontanental Champion

Shawn Michaels-The best current wrestler in WWE 4 time World Champion 3 time I-C Champion, Tag and European Champion also First ever grand slam champion and started the best WWF/E stable ever D-X

i would say the most deserving that have been out of mainstream wrestling for some time and have gotten the snub are:

1. scott hall - i think it is quite evident why he sn't in yet, just hope he makes it in before he is too far gone to speak. in his shoot's, when he isn't pilled out he speaks with great conviction and admiration for the sport that he loves, and surely would have some stories that could make for a great speech.

2. davey boy - one of my all time favorites, should have been world champion at some point. i can see this happening sooner than most, eispecially if his son Harry sticks around with the company.

3. rick rude - another post mortem induction, they don't like to do too many in one show, but certainly deserving sooner than later.

4. honky tonk man - i wasn't a big fan of his, but holding a historic title reign record speaks for itself, plus he was the #2 heel in the company for a lengthy period.

5. ted dibiase - what is taking so long there?

6. the freebirds - again. what is taking so long there. michael hayes is there, buddyroberts and jimmy garvin would surely be all for it, plus, you could have ray gordy step in for his father and finally acknowledge who he really is.

7. arn anderson - one of the best total packages in the sport through 2 decades. again, he is already with the company, he isn't going to say no!

8. the road warriors - should have been done when Wrestlemania was in Chicago, would have stole the show! oh yeah, that's why it wasn't done, Bret couldn't have that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back