G.M Mode in Smackdown/Raw 2008

reed214

Pre-Show Stalwart
im not sure where this goes so if it needs moved,thank you and if it has been talked about 200 times before i apologize. i havnt found anything on it. and now to the main event..

one of my favorite game features in all of video games was the G.M mode on SDvsR. we finally got to be VKM. we finally get to call the shots on smackdown and raw (or ecw). for those of you who didnt play it, you draft a roster (or kept the current one) you had to produce quality matches while building popularity for your superstars and trying to win g.m of the year and control a few picks of the draft and do it again. you can even put the legends you unlock into the shows (rick rude vs c.m punk was a quality feud on my smackdown show)..finally a reason to play a wrestling game for longer than two weeks. **i was hoping on 09 you could have the g.m mode and add on legends from legends of wrestlemania..but then you wouldnt have had to buy any more games so touche thq.*i do not like the arcade style games and thq was just starting to get great.

so my question for WZFM is why do you think they stopped adding the mode in the SvsR games?

did you even like it?? am i one of the few people to enjoy this feature (it is possible,i have liked things before that no one else did...ex-kizarny)

your thoughts???

GM Mode was terrible in SVR08 but SVR06 and 07 had the best GM mode. Play Universe Mode on SVR11 its a pretty good replacement for GM mode or wait till SVR12 version which will be much improved.

Fuck GM mode in 2008, I had this epic feud between King Booker and Sandman over Book's ECW Title and I had the match planned for ONS where Sandman would finally go over, and then he got an injury two days before the PPV.

I found GM Mode in 2008 to be quite fun. Probably because there was more superstars, 3 brands, and the new layout was very attractive, but I had fun with it. My WrestleMania Main Event was Triple H vs Ric Flair vs Gregory Helms and it got 5 stars. I gave Helms a MONSTER push in GM Mode along with Punk.

I strongly disliked GM Mode in 2006. It seemed like no matter what I did, I would lose the fan change for the week. I once had a Hell in a Cell Match as my Main Event on RAW and still lost. You wanna know what their Main Event was? A Mixed Tag Team Match. Wtf??

This is the one thing I hate about GM Mode. The computer can make the weirdest matches and get high stars for it. They can have Candice Michelle vs Umaga on SmackDown and it can get 3 stars by itself.

GM Mode in 2007 had a good balance. They had the main shows and even Heat & Velocity for the lesser stars. I think that roster was even bigger for that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back