Who Should Be The Next General Manager of Raw?

After Razor Ramon gets out of rehab despite that back in 1996 he went to monday nitro known as scott hall as one half of the outsiders in wcw i think he should be the new raw general manger because he was a wrestler on the very 1st episode of monday night raw back in 1993 same with The Rock he was on the very first episode of smackdown! back in 1998 and he should be the new smackdown! general manger TWO OF EACH BRAND ORIGINALS!!!!!!!.

For Raw i'd like to see Stephanie return and run the brand. Perhaps HHH and Stephanie co run Raw, that would really shake things up and create some drama. There's always that air of unpredictability whenever your dealing the Mcmahon's and with CM Punk producing some quality promos, there some serious potential for some great storylines.

As for Smackdown, Edge would be perfect for GM, he's damn entertaining and he has a passion for the business, im sure he'd fill the role well. SD needs something to re-ignite it, with Orton and Christian injured its lacking star quality and Edge even simply as GM could provide that.

If I get to pick anyone I want, I'd take Michael Cole. As much as I dislike his onscreen presence, the man is a master heel and a total heat machine. Right now his heat does very little for anyone except maybe Miz, whereas Cole as GM could back all the heels, helping put them over directly rather than just through some shallow praise every week. Plus, getting him away from the announce table would improve both Raw and Smackdown tremendously. One big problem in WWE is that Cole is not only its voice, but basically its only voice, and him being a heel as annoying as he is does nothing to make people want to watch. I'd even argue it turns people away. Other than Cole, maybe Mick Foley could do well as GM, and since I love the guy I wouldn't mind seeing him try an authority figure role again.

Id like to see edge as a GM because hes favorite wrestler but realistically probably not. John laurnitaitis isnt actually that bad anymore. He and punk actually have a good fued so far in my opinion. I wouldnt mind im as G.M for a little while longer but i do agree he needs to go. Chris Jericho could be a good G.M. He probably will return to wrestle in a couple storyline and then hes done and he could be a great heel or face G.M. Mick Foley could come back after he is rumored for HOF and be G.M he wouldnt be that bad but he never can stay at one position for anything for to long.

Edge - Loves the company, has had nearly a year off, WWE is where he belongs
Jim Ross - Anything to get him back on TV
Michael Cole -Anything to get him off commentary
Stone Cold - he's Stone Cold:shrug:
Ric Flair - So he can say "WOOOO", but seriously he could turn heel and try to stop Cena overtaking his record.

And a dark horse:

The Rock - A 'Via sattelite' GM:wtf:

I don't think Johnny Ace is doing a bad job at the moment. While he sounds like he sandpapers his throat. He's become an interesting GM in his feud with CM Punk. If you want to change him around for someone else at least build some heat with Punk and then have the payoff when he gets his ass handed to him by Punk. But if you were to change him for someone else I would have 3 candidates in mind:

1. Edge- One of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Would love to see him back on WWE television though I'm not sure if he's willing to get back in the saddle just yet. He could a good face or heel GM though you can't have him in big feuds seems that he can't be cleared to wrestle.

2. Mick Foley- Seems that he has returned to WWE for the time being why not put him to use as a GM. He seemed to do quite well as a GM figure within the confines of that god awful november christmas special and I think it would spice up things on monday night

3.no one- Having no Raw GM could be a good move. As like others have commented, the GM role has become a bit stale as of recent

John Laurinaitis is a guy you love to hate, and a lot of people are doing just that judging from the crowd reactions he gets when he starts his "My name is Mr. John Laurinaitis"-phrase. Just like Vickie "Exuse Me" Guerrero, Laurinaitis is currently one of the company's biggest heat magnets.

But as the RAW interim GM clearly states himself - he is just that, interim. And thats a good thing, because the act can quickly grow stale and outright boring.

So when Laurinaitis finally steps down as RAW interim GM there is one guy I would like to see fill the position - Eric Bischoff! Yes I do know that he is heavily involved with TNA (where coincidently his son is being pushed) and I do know that there might be some issues between himself and Vince, but never say never. Besides there are few people that I can think of that can play the flagrant authority figure to the extent that Bischoff does.

I do not, under any circumstances, want to see Mick Foley, Bret Hart or SCSA as RAW GM, even if its for completly different reasons. Foley only works in a humerous setting as a semi-crazy face manager. The problem is that Foley stopped being funny a decade ago. The Smackdown Christmas Special was... awful.

There are few people with the same name recognition as Bret Hart, but that is something that has to be an addition to other traits. Bret can't take a bump and Bret can't talk his way out of a paper bag. Steve Austin should be saved for that last feud/match.

This is going to sound a little out there but hear me out please. Many people are saying a lot of the same names, most of which are former WWE stars. After reading the thread about Mr. Belding as a possible Raw GM it got me thinking about one celebrity in particular who would do a great job. He is probably a better know name in England, but I see his show almost every night at work(working over nights) and after a few weeks of watching, I think he fits the bill. Jeremy Kyle. He is an Englishman and host of the Jeremy Kyle Show. It's one of those conflict resolution-type shows between couples or families. The guy is a great speaker, he's witty, clever, and is great at putting people in their places. Now I don't imagine him having an interest in professional wrestling, but then again I don't know the guy. If the WWE were to get a celebrity GM though I think he'd be great and would cut some amazing promos, without them even having to be scripted. Has anyone here heard of him? Do you think he could work in a situation like this?

I honestly think Laurinitis should be the GM. He is starting to get massive heat and is getting much better on camera.

Why change something that is working. He is very much like Eric Bischoff and he was clearly the best GM in the history of RAW or SMACKDOWN.

Celebrity GM's is a ridiculous idea, why have a person with out a wrestling background run the show.

If it's not going to be Johnny Ace, then it should be a legend. A Kevin Nash, Triple H or Mick Foley...

Normally I would be opposed t someone without a wrestling background. However, it's not as if the GM needs to ever wrestler. They just need to be a good talker that could perform in front of a large crowd on TV.

Now, if we are to keep it in the family, so to speak, then I think the most interesting candidate would be JR. However, not the same good ol' JR we all know and love, but a new heel version. I remember reading about him having a beard now, so I found a pic :
JRgoatee.jpg
This could be the culmination of years of being made fun of and mis-treated. Think about all the times he was picked on and harassed. How many people stood up for him? Sure he had Austin, but so many others have just turned the other cheek with JR. Ross is excellent at selling emotion and knows the business really well. On top of that, if this whole rebel Punk vs boss thing is to continue, then what better way to set up a Punk vs Austin match than by Austin returning the week after Punk hit JR with a GTS? It's something new and different. It also shows the possible negative effects of bullying if WWE wants to continue their "after school special" campaigns. Do you guys think JR can pull off a heel character?

Btw, sorry if someone else said this. I didn't see it while skimming through the previous posts.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

HE would be the best choice to me because he is a no nonsense person... He will just act on instinct and do a great job and possibly bring us back to the Attitude Era!!!
We've seen Austin in a management position. In fact, that's pretty much the only reason he seems to come back. Whether it's to take control or to be a ref, that's pretty much his sole job. I have virtually no interest in seeing Austin as the GM at this point. Move on, find something new.

(3) Michael Cole- If it gets him off the commentary booth, I'm all for it.

(4) Bret Hart- We never truly got to experience him as General Manager. I'd like to see how he'd do.
Cole would have to go through a serious character change. There's no way anybody on the roster, or any of the fans would take him seriously in that position. He'd just get run over by the entire roster. He doesn't have that Paul Heyman sense of authority that makes you hate him, but simultaneously respect him. And I'm really not into Bret Hart being a full-time thing, just for nostalgia's sake. I don't want to seem cold, but if he can't entertain, he doesn't belong on my screen every week.

Bobby Heenan. Great heel, great guy, great on the mic.
Well, there's an interesting idea. I don't know if "the Brian" is still up for a full-time position in the WWE, but I think it would be at least a concept worth checking into... I know he's great personal friends with Hogan, and hasn't wanted to go to TNA to work. So, I'm thinking at almost 70 years old he probably just wants to retire. But it'd still be interesting.

No one. No RAW GM. Im tired of seeing someone "in control" when we all know that they are not fully in control. The GM bit has become stale and overused.
This is more along the lines of where I was going. I was just watching some old DVD's with Eric Bischoff, including the Rise and Fall of WCW. It hit me that Bischoff often encountered a place where people told him "it had all been done before". Even Turner said it in a meeting, and Bischoff came up with the NWO. Wrestling needs somebody in it to say "there has got to be SOMETHING new we can do. SOMETHING!" I think the GM position is something they could tweak, or do away with, and try something new in its place.

I think it would make more sense for them to continue the Triple H taking over angle, and to phase out the GM completely. Triple H becomes the COO, and that's all they need. One guy, with real power, who goes out there and makes all the final decisions. It's believable, and its' actually what they used to do in the territories and in old school WWF. Of course Vince could still be in charge backstage, or not, it doesn't matter to me. But there should be one ultimate authority. THe issue now is, we have an interim GM. We have a COO. We have a CEO. We have a Board of Directors. WHO THE HELL CARES!? I don't watch wrestling to get a lesson in middle-management, I watch wrestling for the story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back