Future Tag Teams

Planty

Pride of Manchester
There has been PLENTY of these threads before. But not any recent enough to scroll back and revive. With the success of Jerishow as a tag team and a recent feud with MVP / Mark Henry being thrown together as a team, what future teams could you see? You could call some makeshift but a team needs to start somewhere.

HARD TRUTH- Matt Hardy and R-Truth
Sounds a little bit like Hard Justice, the TNA PPV, which might not be a great idea as you know Borash would probably tweet about it. Anyhow, these guys have teamed together several times. Most notably on Superstars. They seem to have great chemistry together.
However, this pairing is a Pro AND Con situation.
Having R-Truth in this team is great because he has a flashy moveset that relies on not competing the whole match and would get over if he was constantly being tagged in as "the fresher man" gaining the hot-tag.
Though the bad thing about this team is because Matt Hardy deserves a push with his years of service. Though at the moment this would be much better than his jobbing predicament.

McINTYRE AND ESCOBAR- As it says on the tin. I'm too lazy to think of a good name.
This suggestion just came about from the last episode of Superstars. I'm not a huge fan of this team but it could be a vehicle to push both men with a heat magnet manager in the form of Vickie.
Though this is another Pro and Con situation. McIntrye's push as a single's wrestler is working. Escobar is too soon to be sure whether a singles push would work. I'm not buying into it personally at the moment though because the suave heel boyfriend of Vickie isn't working for me. I've seen his FCW work and I think he is much better suited as a face due to his moveset and expressions. But that's just me.

BOURNE KINGS- Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston.
Two faces with heaps of charisma and athletic ability. There isn't much more in common between the two but that alone could be a reason to pair them.

Who can you see being teamed?

Sorry about this style of thread ALWAYS popping up at different months and me adding to that list with this one. My suggestion is a "TAG TEAM WRESTLING DISCUSSION" thread being stickied. Or maybe even this one?

The only "team" I could really see happening right now is The Miz & Jack Swagger. They're both basically the same characters, but have two different styles. They'd have some sweet promos, and if they have the chemistry, they could have some of the best tag matches we've seen in a long time. Jerishow is good as a heel team, but they're just not..."It". It takes something special to do it right, and we haven't seen that in a long time, with the exception of JoMo and Miz.

The only "team" I could really see happening right now is The Miz & Jack Swagger. They're both basically the same characters, but have two different styles. They'd have some sweet promos, and if they have the chemistry, they could have some of the best tag matches we've seen in a long time. Jerishow is good as a heel team, but they're just not..."It". It takes something special to do it right, and we haven't seen that in a long time, with the exception of JoMo and Miz.

I agree with you on that one but my only criticism is the same that I give to Matt Hardy.

The Miz has spent a good portion of his career in a successful tag team. So his new team would always be compared to the old one and also his solo push is working just fine.

Though if they were to do this team it would create a fantastic opportunity for Jack Swagger. He recently said he'll be undefeated for the rest of the year. So if this tag team is created around now, Miz could pick up the losses and he would still look strong.

I totally agree with you on that being a sweet team though man and having seen a match of theirs on Superstars recently, I can agree with the in-ring chemistry at least. :)

I think Edge and Christian should team up, maybe not forever, but like what DX are doing now. This would be great for up and coming teams to fued with them like the Harts.

Cena and Santino-to would be funny and gets cena out title picture
Mvp and Swagger personality are bout the same think they would be a good heel team
Booker T (when he reurns) and Ezekial Jackson as new Harlem Heat just do not like kozlov
Bourne and Rey talks for self there
And for a future tag match the Rhoades (Cody and Goldust) vs the Debiases(Ted and bret)

all right lets look at the rosters and see what we come up with:

With a little trading I would combine Burchills and Knoble and name them THE JUNKYARD DOGS

With the combination of Hardy and Truth I could see that one working to make it even better have WWE Rehire James and have him be their mouthpiece. The name even works for me HARD TRUTH

Mask up these two MVP nd KOFI and give them Jillian as a Manager and rename them as THE NEW DOOM.

take the up and comer Yoshi and team him with Funaki and name them the new ORIENT EXPRESS

turn Finlay heel and team him with Knox and they could feud with the before mentioned HARD TRUTH

With my previous team NEW DOOM this leaves no direction for Henry so team him with Bourne name the team DAMAGE INC

Another good team could be PRIMO and Bourne teamed up

Well these are the only ones I can think of for now
:shrug::lol:

The Colons should be a team again. I really liked them when they were a team. I like your Hard Truth team, however, I'd like Hardy to move up and fued with someone like Punk instead of going into a tag team. IMO, Hardy should only team with Jeff and the Hardy boys.

Jamie Noble and Jack Swagger would be good heal team. Noble Swagger sounds like great for a team name too.

Santino and Chavo would be another great team. Neither one of them are doing too much and they would add to the tag team division. I think they could be a good comedic duo as well.

If WWE brings up Kaval (Lowki) to the main roster and teams him with Daneilson, that could have potential as a great team and a great way to bring both men good TV time. Fued them with The Hart Dynasty and then split them into a fued.

Charlie Haas and Mike Knox would be a good team as well. Having a technical fighter like Haas and a monster like Knox would be great. Plus it gives both men direction in the company. Haas is a great tag team wrestler. Hell even teaming him with Shelton agian would be good.

After Ted DiBiase is out of Legacy, I think teaming him with Joe Henning would be a good way to continue Legacy. And if Brett is ready would be a good little fued for a bit until Ted is ready to step out on his own completely.

I don't know though. I just think the idea of tag team is going to die in WWE altogether. And that makes me sad. I love tag team wrestling.

In watching Smackdown the other day in which Team Smackdown were replaced, I saw some real solid team chemistry between McIntyre and Ziggler. I think these two would be excellent on a team matching arrogance and sheer aggression. Dunno what they'd be called, though.

I'd also like to see Yoshi Tatsu and Hurricane team up. These two would be great for some solid high-flying stuff as well as some great vignette bits. Perhaps mask up Yoshi and have him play Robin to Hurricane's Batman.

Lastly, if Edge does a face-turn as predicted when he returns, I think he and Cena would make a highly interesting team, particularly if Cena begins to throw a little more of his rapper persona back into his character.

As far as the current roster goes:

Zack Ryder & The Miz: These two have pretty similar characters; cocky, loudmouths with somewhat over-the top personalties (especially Ryder). They'd be a comedic heel team that is still taken seriously a la Edge & Christian. I think these two could produce some hilarious promos and get tons of heat.

Finlay & William Regal: Two rough, European, old-school guys. Both of them are great mat wrestlers and great brawlers. They'd be the no-nonsense, kick-your-ass type of team that every tag division should have.

Chris Jericho & CM Punk: These two were made for each other. Both of them are self righteous, "honest" men who claim to be model citizens. They could even become something along the lines of RTC. They're both very well rounded in the ring as well, though Jericho could bring more of the submission wrestling and Punk, with his martial arts background, more of the striking game. I think these two could come up with some great tandem offense and it's pretty much a given that their mic work would be fantastic.

DH Smith & DJ Gabriel: If the Hart Dynasty doesn't work out, you could always pair these two up for either The British Bulldogs 2.0 or maybe a team all together. Lord knows Gabriel needs the exposure. But if that doesn't work....

DJ Gabriel & Chris Masters: Well, they're both big, muscley guys who aren't doing anything of significance, so why not? Have DJ drop the dancing gimmick, him and Masters start acting more like cultured, artsy guys with a renaissance theme (like Master's should've been from the first place IMO) have them hate imperfection and see everyone else as such, and you have what could be an interesting tag team. AND BRING BACK MASTERS' OLD ENTRANCE.

That's all I got for now. Couldn't really think of names, but I probably will as soon as I post this. Ah well, I leave it to you.

Edit: Low and behold, I was right. As far as the Gabriel/Masters team goes, I'd name them "Magna Opera" (Which is plural for "Magnum Opus, which is Latin for "a great work", usually referring to a work of art.).

seeing as bourne isn't doing much right now, they should drop the ecw title to regal or benjamin and make christian and bourne team up for BOURNE AGAIN CHRISTIAN!

Masters and DJ would work great as a muscle bound team. I don't like DJ's current gimmick, but I wouldn't mind seeing him do something else before I label him a lost cause.

Remember the old "Lethal Lottery" concept in WCW?? That was where they took 16/20 people, put their names in a bowl, drew them out in pairs of 2, and theose two were teams......Yes, that was usually reserved for Battle Bowl, but it is 2009, maybe it can be tweaked a little bit.

There is no future for tag teams. It's something that has gone away as wrestling has evolved. In the big leagues, tag team championships are just used to satisfy those main eventers that arent in the world title picture. There are so many big names and just not enough gold.

The best possible tag team WWE has at this point is Rhodes/DiBiase and they havent been elevated to tag title holders. I think they would be if they didnt need to keep the strap on Jericho. (No knock on Jericho at all, he's the best thing on the shows) It might be bad timing, but I think having Orton as WWE Champion and Rhodes/DiBiase as Tag Champions would have cemented Legacy as a great faction. Very big missed opportunity there.

Reteam the colons, really they are an established team that had good chemistry that weren't good for much else.

Carlito is NOT getting pushed, neither is Primo.

Just use them in the tag division!!

Matt Hardy and Christian-this probably will not happen ,but let`s look at the facts:
1.they are some of the most talented wrestlers now.just look at Christian vs Jericho.
2.It would have been a mix of the Hardyz and E&C,two of my favorite teams

Teaming up singles wrestlers to "reinvigorate" the tag team set up isn’t going to work. Sure Jerishow are cool, and I enjoy watching them, but they aren’t a "Tag Team" in my eyes, they are two singles wrestlers working together. I know it’s only a thin line, and really they are a tag team, but I'm always waiting for them to split up, and pass the belts back to a ”proper” tag team.

What the WWE should be doing is bringing up a number of teams for where ever, and keeping them as tag teams for a decent length of time, no mashing together the like of Matt Hardey and R-truth for 6 to 12 months then splitting them up again. Get 4 or 5 established teams (hell you’ve got the Hart Dynasty already, and Legacy, although everyone sees them splitting soon, and Crime Time.....Woohhh Crime Time.......:banghead:) put them in some amazing matches, and freshen things up every now and then with a mix and match team, and bam you’ve got a decent tag team division again.

WWE isn’t far off a good tag tam division. They just need to pull in another 2 good tag teams from somewhere, and have some good matches. Hell if Survivor Series had a 4 way TLC/Ladder match for the titles with Jerishow, Crime Time, Heart dynasty, and Legacy, I would fecking love it. They have the players, WWE just don’t wanna start the game.

I have said this many times before and is the only tag team that people could really get into as something other than an attempt to get a team together to only later job for Jerishow and other tag teams being prepped to job to Jerishow... form Kung Fu Naki and Jimmy Wang Yang into a permanent tag team.

These guys aren't doing anything special at the moment and for the most part being completely left of the card and have the loyalty for the company to perform well in the ring. Both have had great tag team success in the past and know how to work those matches. They also have made a good pairing in the past where they have won as well, so it's not really a new concept so to speak. Since there are many heels on the SD roster who need the build, this team can fight random pairings and give the rub, if they have that status, towards the guys who need to rise through the ranks. They can also act as the jobber to the tag teams as well such as Cryme Tyme and Hart Dynasty to help make them look stronger.

Other than that, there really isn't any team that could be formed together that wouldn't kill the steam of wrestlers by just random pairings. The only other possible option is to reform the Colon Brothers and give them jobber to the teams status on RAW to make those like MVP/Henry, Legacy and DX stronger for a momentum win. But, since it is still too early to wipe the slate clean between the brothers and the fact Carlito doesn't care anymore... might not be a wise decision at the moment.

Hell if Survivor Series had a 4 way TLC/Ladder match for the titles with Jerishow, Crime Time, Heart dynasty, and Legacy, I would fecking love it. They have the players, WWE just don’t wanna start the game.

Assuming jerishow doesn't split before, This would be amazing for TLC in december!!

Or even that could be a number 1 contenders match to face for the titles at royal rumble, to really create a proper feud!!

I could easily see hart dynasty and cryme tyme doing well in that. Plus mvp and mark henry and one other.

I doubt you would have DX (potential split at SS?) and legacy might have split by then aswell, but you never know they hopefully might stick it out!

Dream-Ryders- Tommy Dreamer and Zach Ryder
Pure Gold - Golddust and shelton
Masters of Cool - Carlito and Masters
Modern day superheroes- Primo and Bourne (or helms and anyone really)
Saviors of the WWE- Jericho and Show
Irish / Scotish connection- Sheamus and Drew Mcintyre
Jung Dragons- The return of Nobel and Yang
Hard Knox - Hass and Knox
Coast to Coast - Reks and Yoshi
Admired and Desired - Alex Riley and Curt hawkings

And they should give Mark henry and MVP a tag name - HUSTLE and MUSCLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads