Funny plotholes in WWE

RkoMachine

Pre-Show Stalwart
So i hope alot of you are like me and have been watching wwf/e basically your whole life....... And in that time wwf/e has had alot of storylines that didnt make sense or ended to quickly whatever.

Now im not complaining, this is not a complaining thread, i am not gonna tell you that i hate wwe because i LOVE wwe. what i am gonna tell you and what i want you to discuss is this

Plotholes that made you laugh! That were so insanely messed up or just didnt make any sense to the point that you actually laughed about it!

I am going to name 3 for you

1. So we all remember no way out 2004, why do we remember this? because latino heat won his first and only wwe title against brock lesnar! Rewind to earlier in the pay per view Goldberg bought a ticket to the show, jumped the Guardrail and attacked brock lesnar, finally being led off by the police in handcuffs, now heres the part i dont get...... as the police are leading Goldberg down the ramp HIS FUCKING MUSIC PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now come on! how am i supposed to believe that he really bought a ticket and really attacked brock when after all this someone is waiting in the back to play his music?!?! haha i laugh everytime!

2. We all remember the May 19th storyline..... Kane kicks everyones ass that says May 19th, then ends up fighting himself with a mask on???? or something, loses to himself, then like the next night on raw he takes back his mask then we never see the other kane again! UMMMM WHAT THE FUCK?!?! funny shit right there

3. This is the last one i will mention and it also involves Kane and a mask, this was from a few years back, Kane keeps carrying a bag around and asking people "is he dead or not?" so of course most of us thought he was talking about the undertaker. But a few weeks later Kane reveals that Rey Mysterio's mask was in the bag and that he was holding Rey captive and Rey was basically beaten half to death! But then like the next week Rey comes back and basically kicks Kane's ass! i dont understand a few things there, 1 if Kane was holding Rey captive then why was he asking everyone else if he was dead? 2 if Rey was supposedly beaten so badly how did he come back like a week later totally fine???? haha another chuckle

so there are a few things that i look back on and laugh, once again i am not complaining and i am not asking you to complain, what i am asking of you is to name a few of those plotholes that just make you laugh. Please stick with WWE because i dont know shit about TNA. And if you agree with the times i've stated tell me why. Lets have some fun with this:lmao:

I...um...I don't find any of these funny, at all. Well except for the Rey Rey thing. Dude actually got back healthier than he was before Kane date raped him.

Hmmmm funny plot holes... I don't think plot holes can be funny to begin with, but I thought 'Taker's whole "vegetative state" storyline was weird. Something was not right.

A vegetative state is a state of barely living, dwindling life, something like that, right? So...I thought 'Taker was deader than Elvis, gimmick wise. How can something that's already dead, be in a vegetative state. And EVEN if that made sense, how come they always got him out in a coffin. Again, thought the fucker's dead. Did he die...twice?

Plus, didn't know corpses could get a cough. His wedding day was probably a chilly one...

Being in the state that the taker was suppose to be in.....I expected him to come back as the zombie taker again. Casket for the return, Perhaps Paul Bearer as well. Urn in Hand, and raising the taker again, as a dead person. That would of rocked. But no....We get the same ole taker, that we've had for the last four years. The one that huffs and puffs, shows pain, the Human taker. Funny stuff there

This is quite possibly the most ignorant thread I've ever read. Dude, really, none of those were plotholes. Also, what the hell did No Way Out 2004 have to do with anything? What was so....whatever...about Kane asking people if Rey was dead? Could he possibly have been doing that as a cover up? Could he possibly have gone psycho? Could he possibly have been talking about the "big red machine?" Who knows...

You want to talk about plotholes?

How about Austin signing up to be the first Royal Rumble entrant for...what 2003? 2002? Then "taking his ball" and going home...only to come back....and not appear at said Royal Rumble.

How about Cryme Tyme winning a tag titles shot on superstars, or some show, and then never cashing it in?

Vince McMahon dying and shit falling on him all the time?
WWE never bringing up the affair Edge had with Alicia Fox that broke him and Vickie up?

But for real though, just to entertain the other pointless readers now on this pointless thread. The biggest fucking problem I've had with WWE's discontinuity has been when Christian confronted Edge on Raw once, Michael Cole said something along the lines of "well, as we all know, Edge and Christian have been friends for a long time." No shit, they were "brothers."

You know what, you bring up some very good points. But here's another one that I don't get. And amazingly, it involves Kane.

Now I don't know how many of you remember in 2003 when Kane was in a brief feud with Evolution. Well leading up to his WWE title match with Triple H, Kane was briefly unmasked when his masked was ripped off during a prior match, with just the mask coming off and Kane using his hair to cover his face until RVD came down with a towel to cover his true face.

But then, due to a stipulation during a title match with Triple H, Kane was forced to unmask on national tv. This time, when he pulled back his mask, a wig came off with it? WTF? So let me get this straight, he has his own hair weeks earlier but a wig and a bad hair cut later on?

Not to steal from The Hurricane but.... WHAT'S UP THAT!?

There was one that stuck out to me...

Back in the summer of 2007 on Raw there was a tag match. It was Cena & Lashley vs Orton & King Booker. At one point in the match, tags were made and Lashley and Booker were the legal men. And I believe it was J.R who said, "this is the first time ever that Bobby Lashley and King Booker have faced each other."

What makes this funny to me is that a year earlier, these two had a feud on Smackdown after meeting in the King of the Ring finals. Are we supposed to believe that people who watch Raw, don't acknowledge anything that goes on Smackdown and vice versa? That has always stuck out to me...

Professional wrestling, much like Comic Books, are known for plot holes and retconns. For instance WWE Just retconned the story of how Kane lost his mask to begin with. Rather than Kane losing the match to Triple H and losing his mask its now supposed to be that Undertaker unmasked him.

I find it funny that it seems the most retconns and plot holes revolve around Kane. For instance the entire Katie Vick angle was erased from history(until a few weeks ago). The Story of his parents death has been changed multiple times. The fact he was torturing Rey Mysterio in his home and then was chummy with him until he feuded with him again recently. Its pretty amusing when you think of all of them.

Now there are many more in TNA, especially recently that have happened, But I wont get into them because this is a WWE board.

This isn't so much a plothole as just something completely ridiculous, but remember at some point between NWO and WM in 2002, the nWo hijacked an 18-wheeler, and slammed it into the side of an ambulance that had the Rock in it. This would have been a cool little spot, but the Rock came back the next week... with bandaged ribs. Yeah, okay.

Should this be changed to the Kane moments that do not quite add up thread? I'll play. How about the whole Kane's horribly disfigured face at the hands of the undertaker's fire. They even had at least one segment where someone looked at his face in horror and disgust. Yet, the mask is off and now its all emotional damage? I remember being pretty disappointed by that.

Miraculously one that sticks out in my mind also involves Kane(poor guy). Since his debut it's been a guilt trip for Taker who supposedly set the fire that killed his family and burned 90% of his younger brothers body(hence the reason Kane didn't talk and wore a costume that covered up 90% of his body). Then he was able to talk with a mic to his throat out of nowhere and now he gives 15min long promos like a Shakespearean actor. Then when Evolution unmasked him his face wasn't shown on camera but Evo's reaction was and they were didgusted, but when he was unmasked in front of the live crowd he just had a bad haircut, no burns and had apparently 'imagined' the 90% bodyburn for the last 15 years!

Just recently, Cole gets a "text message" from the GM during a story where Edge is acting like if he destroys the laptop that the GM's voice will not be heard. Shouldn't the text have happened after the laptop gets destroyed to surprise people?

I don't remember a finish to the Fake Diesel/Razor storyline either. Jim Ross just went back to work I think. (thought I'd bring up Kane again, he did ok as Diesel).

Ooh another recent one. Virgil all of a sudden having no problem being a man servant again. Him breaking away from DiBiase was practicaly his whole wrestling career.

This is quite possibly the most ignorant thread I've ever read. Dude, really, none of those were plotholes.

But for real though, just to entertain the other pointless readers now on this pointless thread. The biggest fucking problem I've had with WWE's discontinuity has been when Christian confronted Edge on Raw once, Michael Cole said something along the lines of "well, as we all know, Edge and Christian have been friends for a long time." No shit, they were "brothers."

Dude, what is your problem? This is the second straight thread I have read in which you bashed the thread writers. This was meant to be a fun thread, and you come in here and bash people? Whats the point of that? Get a life man

As to go with the thread, I am going to do just random stuff that doesnt make sense.

-MVP is open about going to jail, but where did he get all of his money? He was apparently loaded before signing to Smackdown.
-When wrestlers are making shocking returns or run-ins and their music and video just happen to magically play
-How wrestlers talk about things in "private" back stage but everyone around the world can hear it.

If you want storyline, CM Punk was beaten so badly he couldn't defend at Unforgiven, but was on Raw the next night

dude, the first thing i thought of was kane and fake kane. lol. kane has so many potholes around him because it seems the writers dont know what the hell to do with him most of the time.

one i can think of is hhh in dx beating the living shit out of mcmahon. he even kayfabe shoved vince's head up big show's ass. then, not too long afterwards, orton punts mr mcmahon and hhh says how it was so horrible since vince is a 60 year old man. i know it was about orton's attack on the family, but hhh had just spent a good amount of time beating the hell out of mcmahon, then he goes after orton for punting him. lol

another one i can think of is the talk they have jericho do. remember when he told bret hart that he will make him sorry for messing with him? when the hell did that ever happen?

i know we all know this, but the countless retirements of foley only to return is quite funny. or when jericho had to leave the wwe when cena beat him, only to come back two years later and cena's just cool with that. lol

-When wrestlers are making shocking returns or run-ins and their music and video just happen to magically play

I actually don't have a problem with this. This is 2010, and it's been the 21st century for a while now. We have computers, we have storage capacity.

If you're running the WWE production truck, (and we're in the magic wrestling universe), you don't have Diesel's music or Ahmed Johnson's video intro on your laptop/external drive "just in case"? I would.

actually Goldberg's music DID NOT play after he speared Lesnar. The match is on YouTube go and look before you comment, he spears him and smiles at him as he walks back to the locker room.

No music.

It's wrestling none of it makes any sense - you have a dead man impervious to pain, and attempted murders that go unprosecuted. Of course, it is full of holes.

One of the things I'd like to know about the plot-holes, and I know this one was a while back, but the Randy Orton-Kelly Kelly-Kane love triangle. First off, how in the heck did RKO and K2 ever hook up? They never explained that to begin with? Then Kane just fights with RKO one night and its all over? :wtf:

I even bring up all the affection Kelly Kelly used to have with CM Punk during the old ECW days, and they never really said very much. He came to her rescue quite a bit, and she would come to his rescue...but it seems like WWE kinda dropped the ball with these 2. I kinda always had hope for them. Was it just me? :confused:

Okay, the whole Kane being burnt storyline was wrapped up when Kane did his interview with JR after he took off the mask.

My choice for "Funny Plothole" would be, John Hidenrick and his story involving "Little Johnnie". Hidenrick was on RAW for a few weeks in some backstage segments. The one that stands out for me involved Stone Cold (I think he was GM at the time), Hidenrick came up to him and was talking about wanting tickets to RAW for him and Little Johnnie.
A few weeks later and John Hidenrick was on SMACKDOWN! rapping Cole and Little Johnnie was never mentioned again.

John Cena gets stabbed. Returns after what a month if not less? Then gets straight back in the ring. Meantime Jesus admits to the stabbing and theres no police action? Cena has 1 match with him beats him and its never mentioned again.

I think someone already mentioned nWo ramming Rock's ambulance. Not only did Rock live and recover in superhuman time but he became buddies with Hogan?

Rikishi runs over Austin but doesn't get arrested

Plus pretty much any face/heel turn 1 week there beating the hell out of someone as a heel the next there that persons best friend.

But hey thats wrestling :)

Kicks with boots on are against Nevada Boxing Commission rules, don't forget that!!!! OMGZ, plot hole!!!

Seriously, it's professional wrestling. It's theatre at its lowest. Don't overthink this. A good portion of the responses in this thread are "he hit this guy outside the ring with more than a fist!!! He should be arrested, OMG, they even got it on tape with that perfectly positioned camera crew!"

Cena being stabbed? Wrestling. Not really caring all that much after he gets back? Plot hole. Kane having a clear face? Retcon, not a plot hole. Hogan running over Rock? Wrestling. Rock and Hogan teaming up next month? Unexplained plot hole.

If you think that because it would be illegal if it didn't happen in professional wrestling ring, it makes a plot hole; well, Pillman's got a gun, and he's looking for you. Ask his wife why the cops never showed up.

I...um...I don't find any of these funny, at all. Well except for the Rey Rey thing. Dude actually got back healthier than he was before Kane date raped him.

Hmmmm funny plot holes... I don't think plot holes can be funny to begin with, but I thought 'Taker's whole "vegetative state" storyline was weird. Something was not right.

A vegetative state is a state of barely living, dwindling life, something like that, right? So...I thought 'Taker was deader than Elvis, gimmick wise. How can something that's already dead, be in a vegetative state. And EVEN if that made sense, how come they always got him out in a coffin. Again, thought the fucker's dead. Did he die...twice?

Plus, didn't know corpses could get a cough. His wedding day was probably a chilly one...

Dude you just cracked me up so bad! haha :lmao: You have some good points storyline wise.

And I agree with the whole Kane vs. Rey Mysterio plot line as being non-believable and lame. Kane knew that Rey was alive so why did he ask people if he was dead??!! Then Rey returned healthier than ever after being beaten to death. SOmething just isn't right about that. lol!

Another plot hole was when Mr. McMahon was supposed to be blown up in his car but Chris Benoit died and they had to cancel the whole storyline. :lmao:

Cena surviving being blown up by Big Show throwing him into a light... Seriously... he should've at least been out for two months.

And one that always used to get me was the "DIVE FROM THE TOP OF THE RAW TITAN-TRON"... How in the blue hell do they not die from that? And to put more onto that... how did HBK jump off of a BUILDING onto HHH and live?

The evolution of Kane is definately my favorite. This guy goes from not being able to talk at all, to using a voice box, to barely talking, to giving 15 minute promos.

Another plot hole was when Mr. McMahon was supposed to be blown up in his car but Chris Benoit died and they had to cancel the whole storyline. :lmao:
I thought that, eventually, McMahon explained that he had staged the explosion himself to try and fake his own death.

Speaking of McMahon and attempts to kill him, did they ever reveal who was behind the light standard collapsing on top of him (it was at the end of the phone call promition, if I remember correctly - and they botched it by having sparks come out of the ground around where the lights were supposed to land too early (the lights were supposed to land first, then the sparks come out, to make it look like the sparks were caused by the crashing lights)?

I don't know if this is a plothole or not: apparently, Jillian's mole could not be removed for whatever reason...until the Bogeyman literally bit it off of her, after which it never came back and nothing happened to her (not even a blemish).

Here's another one: the McMahon's divorce - one night, Vince gets a phone call, then tells everyone that it was his lawyers letting him know that they had managed to tie up the divorce proceedings somehow, and that was the last time the divorce was ever mentioned.

But, of course, the most famous plothole in WWF/WWE history: who lifted the briefcase?

You know what, you bring up some very good points. But here's another one that I don't get. And amazingly, it involves Kane.

Now I don't know how many of you remember in 2003 when Kane was in a brief feud with Evolution. Well leading up to his WWE title match with Triple H, Kane was briefly unmasked when his masked was ripped off during a prior match, with just the mask coming off and Kane using his hair to cover his face until RVD came down with a towel to cover his true face.

But then, due to a stipulation during a title match with Triple H, Kane was forced to unmask on national tv. This time, when he pulled back his mask, a wig came off with it? WTF? So let me get this straight, he has his own hair weeks earlier but a wig and a bad hair cut later on?

Not to steal from The Hurricane but.... WHAT'S UP THAT!?

He had his hair cut the night of the show he was unmasked so they could show his face with ease but add more to the plot, if there was one.

But, of course, the most famous plothole in WWF/WWE history: who lifted the briefcase?

This was the first one I thought of when this thread came up. The ladder match, Austin vs. Vince & Shane for the Ownership of the company. Austin goes up the ladder to get the case, it rises up, Austin gets knocked off, then it lowers for Shane to get it and win, yet they never revealed who it was.

Another loophole, the Bossman hanging, what the hell?

I don't know if its a plot hole as much as WWE underestimating the memory of the fans, but one that a lot of people forget about was WWE doing a whole Triple H/Stephanie divorce storyline only to act as if it never happened when Orton attacked the McMahon family. Now obviously everyone knew in real life they were together, but storyline wise that was never explained. I guess since everyone knew they thought no big deal, but I just thought it was odd that they erased a storyline as if it never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back