Freak v. Freak: Battle of the Biceps

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Steiner v. Terry. Book it. It's happening — whether you like it or not. ;)

I'll be the first to admit that the actual wrestling isn't likely to go very far despite Stiner's still impressive ability to pull off a perfect belly-to-belly, but for a lower mid-card story, this angle sure has legs (and biceps, and quads, and triceps and all that jazz), no?

I'm probably in the minority here (as I am with a lot of things regarding TNA), but I'm actually looking forward to this thing. Excellent filler for the Immortal/Fortune+ story.

--

Thoughts on this? Concerns?

I would be even more impressed with this if Steiner could still pull off a Frankinsteiner!

I see this feud as a way to put The Freak, Rob Terry over and make Immortal have an actual enforcer.

This isnt even one of those matches that suck but are cool for like the first three seconds (Big Show vs Khali). My prediction for the match will be it sucks. And yes Steiner can do a lot of belly-to-bellys, a very very huge big lot.

yeah it would be a terrible match. although it would seem cool whenever you put two big guys together it turns out to be a slow uneventful match. the only exceptions to me are lesnar vs big show and hogan vs andre.(Not counting taker or kane as big men)

Wrestlecrap is gonna have a nice write up about this by the end of the year i bet! Scott Steiners probably sixth or seventh induction and Rob Terry's first of many

Big money in a wash up who butchers the english langauge and no talent steriod monster who should of never stepped in the ring

Wrestlecrap loves you Vince Russo....and definitely you Scott Steiner

I would be even more impressed with this if Steiner could still pull off a Frankinsteiner!

All due respect, if you dont watch it, dont comment. Atleast dont be negative and/ or talk about what they should be doing or are capable of, bc when u do, most of what u say is un-intentional, lol.

Shaazam... You ARE more impressed with scott steiner as those of us who saw 'against all odds' already know- yes, he can do (did) a (top-rope, so you dont have to ask or youtube it) frankensteiner.

Things are happening all around you that would impress you, if you took a break from talking about them to have a look...

I think Vince McMahon will be sitting at home in a dark room with a tube of lube and Steiner v Terry on his TV, pleasuring himself over the sheer amount of muscle mass on show in this match. A Vinny Mac wet dream thats for sure.

If Rob Terry ever gets over as a big star, you can bet your bottom dollar that Vince will snap him up right away and push him to the moon.

Well if you can tell by my screen name....I am pumped for this. I have been a Scott Stiener mark since the early 90's and will watch anything this man does. While the matches wont be getting 5 stars from Meltzer or an A+ from KB they will still be entertaining. Except a few spinning kicks from Rob Terry and Lots of huge belly to bellys from Big Poppa Pump, The Big Bad Booty Daddy. And I will MTFO if he breaks out the old SteinerScrewdriver.

I usually watch TNA, but, as far as this match, I mean, it makes sense, but, I just dont think it will be very good.

It has nothing to do with Steiner, because, even with his back as bad as it is(i heard he cant even tie his shoes without severe pain), he can still pull off the great match, with the right opponent, which I dont think Rob Terry is.

But, like I said, I get the Freak vs. Freak storyline, but, after watching Rob Terry in the British Invasion, then, as the Legend/Global/TV champion(how did he hold it for like 6 months?), and now, in Immortal, he just doesnt impress me that much at all.

If/when this happens on a PPV, I hope they have it early on the card, because, if they have it later, the crowd will be dead after.

Wrestlecrap is gonna have a nice write up about this by the end of the year i bet! Scott Steiners probably sixth or seventh induction and Rob Terry's first of many

Big money in a wash up who butchers the english langauge and no talent steriod monster who should of never stepped in the ring

Wrestlecrap loves you Vince Russo....and definitely you Scott Steiner

First off I don't actually like doing this but to say he butchers the English language and spell language wrong is just daft. Nae sure where you're from but Terry as a British person doesn't butcher the ENGLISH language half as much as 99% of American's do.

On topic I imagine it will be have some awful matches but they might surprise us and pull it off. Terry should go over though as currently Immortal are seriously lacking in people who actually feel like main event players.

I am still in shock that Rob Terry looked decent on the mic last night. That alone makes this something of interest to watch going forward. It is easy to hate on what the match might be but that segment worked well. Even the match might not be terrible because they can work a power move match, which is something you do not see everyday in TNA. I am not much of a Terry fan, but he was really green when they first started using him and at the very least he continues to show modest improvements over time. The broom is at least halfway out of his ass at this point. If he ever get the whole thing out, lookout!

That segment last night was highly entertaining, any type of angle that gets Steiner on the mic is always going to have some sort of entertainment value to it. The promo he cut on Terry was great, and surprisingly coherent.

I can honestly care less about the "quality" of match that they put on, as I have no doubts that it will be entertaining no matter what route they go with this.

I'll still take Big Poppa Pump over any boring WWE garbage any day.
I love how people complain that TNA does not put any new guys over, but yet look at the main event for Mania !!!!
What a joke.
Giver me TNA any day.

I am still in shock that Rob Terry looked decent on the mic last night. That alone makes this something of interest to watch going forward. It is easy to hate on what the match might be but that segment worked well. Even the match might not be terrible because they can work a power move match, which is something you do not see everyday in TNA. I am not much of a Terry fan, but he was really green when they first started using him and at the very least he continues to show modest improvements over time. The broom is at least halfway out of his ass at this point. If he ever get the whole thing out, lookout!

I loved how Rob Terry responded to Scott Steiner in a true bash the USA sense. He has some decent mic skills correct me if i'm wrong, but was it the first time he spoke on camera? If so he was good. As for Steiner, well its Steiner and he is always good on the mic. As for the match itself, i don't know how its going to be on the PPV but a match between two power wrestlers isn't going to be bad in my opinion.

Rob Terry is starting to look like he might not be a waste of roster space after all. I was surprised, shocked even, that he came across as well as he did on the mic last night. If the guy can talk, and he obviously has the looks, he can probably be trained to wrestle. And Scott Steiner, despite his age, still has the skill to show Terry how to work (particularly, work around an overbuilt physique). So in terms of Terry's development, this is a good match. However, it's not something I would pay money to see at the moment. Terry is still incredibly green, and Steiner is past his prime.

Am I the only one who read the thread title and thought of this?:

[YOUTUBE]KEUYLGBubHQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Yes, this actually has relevance to my thoughts. Because that's quite frankly what I could imagine going down, not specifically this but the whole back and forth argument of who's strongest, who has the bigger build and all that stuff, and quite frankly I think that's the biggest potential to hurt this whole thing. First and foremost this isn't gonna be any wonderful feud, because it's most likely gonna be horrendous with an old(er) Scott Steiner who probably can't go 100% like he could back in the days, and a Rob Terry who's quite frankly not much more than a big build.

Overall I can't say this is gonna be very interesting. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how TNA plans to work this, hopefully they can at least get one worthwhile segment out of it.

As matches between body builders go I dont think this one would be so bad. It would be great if the feud goes back and forth, as I see it going with Steiner carrying it with his mic skills, and in the final grudge match Steiner hits the Frankensteiner for the win then saying something like, "You cant be the true freak without a trick up your sleeve." or some TNA crap like that.

All due respect, if you dont watch it, dont comment. Atleast dont be negative and/ or talk about what they should be doing or are capable of, bc when u do, most of what u say is un-intentional, lol.

Shaazam... You ARE more impressed with scott steiner as those of us who saw 'against all odds' already know- yes, he can do (did) a (top-rope, so you dont have to ask or youtube it) frankensteiner.

Things are happening all around you that would impress you, if you took a break from talking about them to have a look...

You are right about a few things, I didn't watch "Against All Odds." However I do watch TNA weekly. I was not being negative or insulting Stiener, Terry, or TNA with my post.

You on the other hand were being all but respectful with your comments toward me. I only have 16 post on these forums and I doubt you know me in person so you should not know about my awareness (Or lack thereof.)

So thank you for your comments Troll. You did not advance the conversation in the least bit.

I think Rob Terry has a very impressive look. he could have a lot more potential if he was more talented in the ring.
I assume this will lead to a wrestling match. who should win? would it help elevate Terry if he can beat Steiner? if Steiner wins, does that really prove anything?

I think Rob Terry has a very impressive look. he could have a lot more potential if he was more talented in the ring.
I assume this will lead to a wrestling match. who should win? would it help elevate Terry if he can beat Steiner? if Steiner wins, does that really prove anything?

Well, clearly Steiner has no place in TNA right now. The Main Event Mafia angle was ruined, Scott was signed before that and he was left without a spot on the card, much like Crimson who they'll have something for soon by the looks of it.

So, I suppose that if Terry impresses on the mic a few more times until the Pay-Per-View, they could go as far as to have Terry demolish Steiner and "injure" him, taking him out of the picture. Whether Steiner will return until the end of 2011 or not is his deal, I just think that if Terry shows promise on the mic, he deserves to go over and possibly work with a few more people so he can brush his mic work up and maybe develop a character of sorts.

First off I don't actually like doing this but to say he butchers the English language and spell language wrong is just daft. Nae sure where you're from but Terry as a British person doesn't butcher the ENGLISH language half as much as 99% of American's do.

On topic I imagine it will be have some awful matches but they might surprise us and pull it off. Terry should go over though as currently Immortal are seriously lacking in people who actually feel like main event players.

I think he was saying that Steiner is the one who butchers the English language, although I saw more of that in his post than in a Steiner promo.

This is a very good opportunity for the young Rob Terry and I think it is the first real one he has had in a while. He's faced AJ Styles and he's done this and done that but he has also spent the last good chunk of his time feuding with Orlando Jordan who is comical, but no threat to anybody on the roster. I think you have to let Terry go over here in a reasonable fashion but I expect them to build until at least Victory Road which gives them at least a little bit of time. There are different ways to go with this and it is such a new school versus old school type matchup, and I've got a feeling the Brit is going to learn a lot from Big Poppa Pump inside and out of the ring and this might be his time to show the people who aren't so into him that he is more than just a big block of 'roids.
However, who ever thought Rob Terry was going to be the ex British Invader to make the most noise throughout TNA? Not me.

I'm a huge fan of the vagina, I've considered naming my first-born after it, but I say without any shame that I was in awe of Rob Terry's build. He has maybe the most impressive physique I've ever seen in the world of wrestling. He makes a prime Luger look like Sean Waltman. The only "challenger" I can think of would be Batista, pre-Wellness Policy. That Big Poppa Pump knew he'd pale in comparison and basically pussed out of their posedown made it seem all the more impressive.

I also agree that Terry was decent on the mic. He's wasn't the typical screaming muscle head trying to sound tough, but instead came across very soft-spoken and, dare I say, almost intelligent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back