Fix Wrestlemania

sMark

Getting Noticed By Management
Let's be honest, Royal Rumble must be forgoten for good. Most of the planned feuds and matches for WM looks like sh*t.

Orton vs Cena again? Please no, they fought so many times, no one will be excited to see another one.

Orton vs Bray? Does these guys need a title on the line? No.

Styles vs Shane? WTF is wrong with WWE to waste Styles on this?

Reigns vs Taker? Who in the blue hell wants to see it?

I know, this looks like a hate thread, but what is wrong with WWE really? Is this way to hard to make Taker vs Cena, Styles vs Orton, Reigns vs Strowman and if Shane need an opponent, give him Foley (you know RAW vs SD storyline)

Simply make Orton to use his opportunity early for Elimination Chamber and lose the match, costing Styles a vistory in the process, so they finally have a reason to fight, and Cena being the guy he is, challenging Taker for WM.

Then the card will look like this:

- Cena vs Taker for WWE championship
- Styles vs Orton
- Reigns vs Strowman
- Goldberg vs Lesnar
- HHH vs Rollins
- Owens vs Jericho (make Y2J win some battle royal or something) Universal and US titles on the line at the same time
- Miz vs Bryan
- Shane vs Foley (you can use lumberjacks here, so it's gonna be interesting enough)
- Bray vs Harper in a street fight all over the arena, so the rules can compensate for the lack of starpower here
- Ambrose vs Ziggler for IC championship
- Roode vs Joe vs Nakamura for NXT championship (now THIS can put NXT on a map)
- Micke James vs Charlotte (SD women's champ vs RAW women's champ, in a fight for respect)

Then you have an awesome WrestleMania, a one to remember. And no more matches needed really.

I know, this looks like a hate thread, but what is wrong with WWE really? Is this way to hard to make Taker vs Cena, Styles vs Orton, Reigns vs Strowman and if Shane need an opponent, give him Foley (you know RAW vs SD storyline)

Simply make Orton to use his opportunity early for Elimination Chamber and lose the match, costing Styles a vistory in the process, so they finally have a reason to fight, and Cena being the guy he is, challenging Taker for WM.
Yes, it is that hard. You're telling WWE to scrap feuds that have been going on for months, you're telling them to make the entire Royal Rumble essentially useless just to make a card that better suits you, one person. This isn't an objectively bad card, this isn't WrestleMania 27, it's a subjectively bad card based off pre-determined biases.

Let's look at some things with some level of objectively and realism.

The Undertaker looked horrible last night. Once the luster of a John Cena/Undertaker dream match fades away, I think it's safe to say that no one would really want THAT Undertaker being in THE main event for THE WWE Championship at THE biggest show of the year.

WWE doesn't consider Shane a wasted feud, and it's better than AJ facing a random Smackdown midcarder. That's the only other realistic thing that could happen and that would be a real waste. He was always going to be an odd man out. Orton/Wyatt has been telegraphed for months and Cena vs. whoever meant that AJ was always going to be left without opponent. Shane solves that. Will it be a good match? I don't know. Will it be made to feel like an important feud? Definitely.

Does Orton/Wyatt NEED the title? No. Is it going to have the title since Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble? Yes. We're not just gonna have him waste his opportunity in the Chamber for the fuck of it.

The card is fine, it isn't "broken".

First of all, the moment I saw Undertaker, I knew that he can't compete for a world championship. Sorry, but he's in a shit shape. If Undertaker competes for the WWE championship, then he should lose and retire, but I'm not the one to make that call. It's his call.

Also, the rumored matches are Wyatt-Orton, Styles-Shane, Cena-Joe, HHH-Rollins, Goldberg-Lesnar, Y2J-Orton, Reigns-Undertaker

When was the last time you checked a Wrestlemania card and saw 7 big time matches? Never. So just sit back and enjoy. The worst match of all is Styles vs Shane, but I get why they would go for it.

Frankly the only change I would make would be to put Styles in Roman's spot. Styles comes out at #30 and eliminates Undertaker and then have Styles vs Taker and Roman vs Braun at Wrestlemania. That's all.

They can still change that, since Reigns vs Taker didn't get a good reception from the live crowd.

You know, i honestly will enjoy Styles vs Taker match, since this way AJ get a recognition from WWE that he deserves, and Taker will be saved and look good.

Shane? Yeah, they can make it a street fight, but it's still Shane, they can do this match on any other PPV and not WM. Not big enough.

Where rumors for Cena/Joe came from?

Foley almost certainly would not be allowed to take a bump anymore (concussion reasons). Foley also needs a new hip and is not exactly in shape.

Bryan is not cleared.

I think NXT should be kept separate from main WWE. I would be fine if they did it on the preshow.

Charlotte vs Mickie would devalue whoever loses. Also heel vs heel.

I like Styles vs Orton. Wish they went with this instead of Orton vs something with Wyatt. Maybe they still will go with this.

Ziggler needs to go away so give Ambrose someone else. Baron Corbin would be good.

With Orton winning the problem I saw is that the Rumble event feels so inconsequential especially if the rumored matches end up being true.

Orton vs. Wyatt would be fine as a Mania Match but neither Orton nor Wyatt were actually chasing for the title now all of a sudden were going to get Wyatt winning the Chamber to set up their Mania Title bout? After all those months of the WWE World Title revolving around Styles, Cena, and Ambrose it's all suddenly going to Orton and Wyatt, one who which has never held a World title.

Then we have Kevin Owens who is likely to drop the title at Fastlane. So again were going into WM where the past few months include the Rumble didn't matter.

The build up will likely feel forced and contrived similar to the build up to WM25 IMO.

Again WM could still be a good event but it does show WWE's inability to effectively build feuds organically for WM.

It's not difficult to have Bray doublecross Orton somehow to end up with the title... Either Harper and Rowan both come back or there is another "new" member alongside them in the Chamber. Perhaps Ambrose or a newly turned face joins them.

Bryan isn't gonna wrestle Miz so stop trying to do that... there may be a proxy and that COULD be Shane but more likely Nakamura... It's the perfect one up battle... Bryan has to bet his job while Miz has to go to NXT if he loses the IC to Nakamura (he wanted off SD after all) it lets them do a Roode v Miz feud down there for a few months.

Think the Battle Royal might be a casualty this year - the reaction to the Rumble and how little they've done with Corbin and Cesaro after winning it means it's kind of pointless. A lot of people are forgetting Shaq v Show as well.

As I've long said, the problem with the Mania build IS The Royal Rumble... the idea of the title shot was bad in 93 and it has hamstrung booking for years of Wrestlemanias... let it go... have the Rumble still mean something, but not a guaranteed Mania title shot.

That will open up main event booking for both brands.

Bryan isn't gonna wrestle Miz so stop trying to do that... there may be a proxy and that COULD be Shane but more likely Nakamura... It's the perfect one up battle... Bryan has to bet his job while Miz has to go to NXT if he loses the IC to Nakamura (he wanted off SD after all) it lets them do a Roode v Miz feud down there for a few months.

Miz would never agree to this. They get some money off house show gates (I think TV as well but I don't remember). NXT house shows do not draw that well and it would cost Miz a ton of money. Miz has been doing really well and it would hurt to lose a guy like him. His Network event checks would go down and be less frequent. All around bad move for Miz that would hurt SD as well.

Miz vs Roode would be heel vs heel.

You know, i honestly will enjoy Styles vs Taker match, since this way AJ get a recognition from WWE that he deserves, and Taker will be saved and look good.

Shane? Yeah, they can make it a street fight, but it's still Shane, they can do this match on any other PPV and not WM. Not big enough.

Where rumors for Cena/Joe came from?

But to the casual fans, shane will be one of the biggest name on the card so if build right, this could be the biggest match to have for aj that isn't for the championship.

You might not like this match or anything that they set up for mania for what seem like months and that's your opinion, but I look at what mania will look like this year and I'm intrigued for a lot of thoses matches. I'm excited to see reigns vs taker, styles vs shane, cena vs joe. I'm even kinda excited for matches like orton vs wyatt for the title, Goldberg vs lesnar for the universal title and owens vs jericho for the u.s title. So I really see no problem with the current mania card outside the fact that it might not please a few members of the IWC.

Honestly, I'm excited about Bray potentially winning at Elimination Chamber, and facing Orton at WrestleMania. How many of us have bitched and chewed over the past few years about Bray not getting a chance at the title. Here is the chance, let's hope it happens.

Well RCG I am not happy with GOLDBERG- LESNER 3 we all predicted that back in November at SS! Damn! They could have easily shoved this match at fastlane or elimination chamber!

Like I said before Orton will not be facing Bray Wyatt and I wonder why all you are fascinated and obsessed with this match! It s either that I read or cena vs underflaker!
AJ Styles gave an interview a month ago he would like to face Orton down the road and Shawn Michaels who was deeply flattered but declined. Bray Wyatt could possibly go for the IC title or US title which would be interesting but he has been jobbing constantly!
wwe broke up the Wyatt Family twice and it is getting annoying. Bray will not win the elimination chamber match and face orton that won't draw anything !

As I see it should be Orton vs Cena vs AJ Styles
Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman at fastlane
I rather see ROman Reigns vs Kevin Owens vs Jerkiko at WM33 for UHC

It seems they will go with Braun Strowman vs Underflaker at WM33
Bray Wyatt vs Luke Harper
Shaq vs Big Slow

Strange whatever meltzer said was pure imagination and I didn t believe any of it
Would love to see GOLDBERG vs Kevin Owens for the UHC or GOLDBERG - underflaker
All i can say WM33 will be yet another snoozefest like the past 3

As I've long said, the problem with the Mania build IS The Royal Rumble... the idea of the title shot was bad in 93 and it has hamstrung booking for years of Wrestlemanias... let it go... have the Rumble still mean something, but not a guaranteed Mania title shot.

That will open up main event booking for both brands.

The problem with this though as it makes the Rumble match pretty meaningless. Surely logic dictates that if you win an hour + long, 30 man gauntlet match, you should be in line for a title shot? Also, without a guaranteed title opportunity, why would certain wrestlers bother entering the match? For all the knowledge that wrestling is staged, it still works best when it is logical. Without the title shot, none of Lesnar, Goldberg and Undertaker would have bothered this year (looking logically), and the likes of Cesaro & Sheamus (and Reigns, but that's another story) wouldn't have pulled double duty; and who exactly replaces them? Titus o'Niell? The Golden Truth? Sin Cara? thinking of the list of available WWE talent (ie not injured or potential NXT call ups) not included, the only ones I'm genuinely disappointed weren't involved were American Alpha.

Once the star power diminishes, there's much less of a reason for people to watch, both live and on the Network. I know that's less of a thing now with the network replacing ppv sales by and large, but this is WWE's key period of the year. There would be no reason for them to remove the prize of a title opportunity at Wrestlemania.

Now you are a long-time fan, so clearly remember the first few Rumble matches which had no official prize. Well 1988 had the second lowest amount of star power of any Rumble ever, after the abomination that was 1995. There's a reason they only stuck 20 wrestlers in it, and Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant were only on the show to do a contract signing. 1989 and 1990 were meaningless matches in the grand scheme of things BUT came in an era where (a) not every match needed a reason/storyline and (b) the big names rarely tangled with each other except on ppv and SNME, meaning this was a rare opportunity to see names square off against each other rather than jobbers.

1991 officially had no prize but they clearly used it to justify Hogan as number one contender to the WWF title, so personally I see that as being the start of the 'meaningful' Rumbles, rightly or wrongly. And 1992 obviously was for the vacant title. It made complete sense to me, especially with the advent of Monday Night Raw in January 1993, for them to add the #1 contenders stip for that year's Rumble officially - whilst Raw still initially continued the trend of stars facing jobbers, it also gave us stars v stars much more regularly than before. Ergo, the Rumble needed more reason to exist.

In my opinion, though I do agree that often it harms the booking or leads to lazy booking, and in most years nowadays is FAR too predictable (not this year's though, this one surprised me), I still believe the Rumble HAS to be for a title shot at Wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back