First Round: Philadelphia - The Berzerker vs. Harley Race

Who Wins This Matchup?

• The Berzerker

• Harley Race

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Philadelphia Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

Location: The First Union Center: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

PHL_First_Union_Center_4.jpg

The Berzerker

berzerker.jpg

Vs.

Harley Race

Harley_Race_NWA_Champion_1983.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Anyone that votes for the Berzerker in this round must be trying to either play a joke or sympathize with him. This should be a shut out for one of the toughest and most skilled in-ring generals of all time.

Harley for the win.

Everything D Man said and more. Harley Race is superior to all but very few. Bezerker poses absolutely no threat.

Harley is an all time great, and The Bezerker is no match for Harley. This is really as simple as it can be, and Harley gets a tuneup match before the real competition starts.

im not sure how anybody could argue the berzerker winning this one. harley race is a seven time nwa heavweight champ back when titles didnt bounce around nearly as much and played the heel as good as anybody ever has.

although he didnt have a cool viking helmet like berzerker ill have to go with race

I hear great things about Harley Race, but he's not wearing his jacket in that pic which is a huge black mark against him. If I'm looking to create colourful television and utilize wrestlers with looks that stand out, I can't vote against Berzerker here. One of a kind? No. But the average guy on the street will stop are stare at him longer than he will Harley.

What was up with that sound effect Berzerker used to make? Race will fix that speech impediment real quick. Race all the way.

I don't know much of either, but come on, looking back at both men's achievements it's quite so damn obvious that Harley Race is the man for this match.

After all Harley Race held the NWA championship 8 times when the title and title reigns ment something!

Race hands down.

he has been world champion and by this I mean WORLD champion.He has wrestled all over the world and has defended his coveted title successfully overseas.There is no way fo Brezeker to beat him.

Harley Race for win.

Not sure how Berzerker even made it into the tournament, but really D-Man said it best. Voting against Race in this match just shows me that you do not have a grasp on any wrestling history that took place before 1995.

The original King, Harley Race takes this one in a landslide.

Ahh let me make a case for one of my bearded compadres, Berzerker.

Alright I'm finished. Race would walk away with this. Probably the only time this year that I can bust out the squash-o-meter. This is a big time squash and Berzerker goes down relatively easy. Berzerker was nothing more than a guy with a cool beard that walk around pretending to be a Viking that looked like Bruiser Brody. The one thing he has over Race is Mr. Fuji, but even Mr. Fuji wouldn't stop Harley Race. Race is one of the best wrestlers to step into the squared circle and he would wrestle circles around Berzerker. Dude is an absolute legend, Berzerker is not.

Berzerker was just a poorly carried out over-the-top gimmick that didn't leave nothing of substance to wrestling. Whereas Race is a legend, and should win this on his merits and contributions to wrestling alone.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1987567 said:
Ahh let me make a case for one of my bearded compadres, Berzerker.

Alright I'm finished.

HAHAHAHA, best argument ever. I actually back this argument, makes the most sense of any argument for Berzerker. :lmao:

Harley Race is an all time great and one of the greatest wrestler's ever whilst Berzerker is really quite shit. He never did anything off note in his career and his best achievement is winning a 40 man battle royal whilst Race was a multi time champion when world title belt meant something.

Easiest decision so far.

Harley Race wins this match with his eyes close. Harley is just the man, He was great in the ring and he was very successful for all the incredible things that he did in the ring.

Harley gets my vote.

Harley Race simply because of what he did for the business

One of these men is the most influential and important superstars of all time. The other one used to beat people by countout and say huss a lot. I don't even know what huss means, but I don't think it's enough to throw Race off who'll beat this generic jobber to the stars fairly straightforwardly.

I voted for Harley, but I'll try to make a case for Bezerker. You see, we all know that Mr. Fuji always comes prepared with a stereotypically Asian hand of salt, ready to throw at his opponent. We all know that Harley has really poor vision; for all of his eight world title wins, his many classics against the Funks and Briscos, being the NWA's biggest draw for fifteen years, and headling the first Closed Circuit Par Per View in Wrestling History, his eyesight always sucked. And that's some pretty potent shit. Furthermore, knowing Fuji, the bastard probably laced it with LSD, as well. With this mixture going into Harley's eyes and mouth, clearly he thinks that he is an orange, and decides he must grate himself to reach his tangy, juicy center. He follows the announcer, looking to grate himself with the microphone. The Berzerker wins, either by countout, or by Harley using the weapon as an inanimate object.

I can't wait to debate Moolah/Hogan

I voted for Berzerker for the lulz. However, Tenta makes an interesting point. The manager could definitely be the difference maker were this a real matchup. And if it were a case of gimmick vs. gimmick, Berzerker would win...for actually having a gimmick.

But Harley is a legendarily tough sonovabitch, and could knock Berzerker out. He's incredible, and his achievements cannot be denied. This is a wrestling match. Harley is a better wrestler than Berzerker.He's a tougher guy than Berzerker. He's done more than Berzerker.

This is a match, not a Huss-off.

If anything, one just has to look at the longitivety of Race, his accomplishments, the people who credit what he did for the wrestling world and you know who to vote for. Berzerker, besides a great enterance video, was sort of like the modern Luke Gallows, before the change in gimmick. Race wins here.

Easily Harley Race

The Berzerker was basically nothing more than a big-man jobber, shit wrestler, whereas Harley Race is one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots.

And from a kayfabe point of view, sure Berzerker is big and strong, but who the fuck did he ever defeat worth a damn? I can't think of anyone, and I'm sure you can't either. Harley Race, on the other hand, defeated the best names the business had to offer for YEARS and YEARS. And he was able to hold on to the hardest belt to hold on to throughout the entire history of the business for years and years as well, and he did it on eight separate occasions. Harley Race would hospitalize Berzerker if they ever met in the squared circle. Guaranteed.

How is Berzerker even in this? I mean, I know he had a world title match in WCW, but that was when Ron Simmons was champion. That's hardly worth being put up against Harley Freakin' Race. I mean, Harley Race is the definition of a legend. He's held the NWA title more times than anyone else from his era, back when that meant something. He looked like a legit tough guy who would smack you around just because he wanted to. His in-ring abilities were on-par with Ric Flair. And, really, he's fighting Berzerker. What more needs to be said?

It's Harley Race in a massive job here. Race goes down as one of the top 5 greatest pro wrestlers to ever live in my eyes. Between his experience, his title reigns, his stamina, longevity, toughness, intelligence, and intensity, Berzerker may not even get his attire off before he's stretched out by Race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back