First Round: Philadelphia - The Berzerker vs. Harley Race

Discussion in 'The Tokyo Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 19, 2010.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. The Berzerker

2. Harley Race

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Muffin Top Merkley

Muffin Top Merkley Be a man!

I can’t see The Berzerker being a serious pick for this tournament. Not only that, I can’t see anyone in this tournament that he would go over. Put him up against Harley Race in the first round and that’s a guarantee out for most.

I vote for the legend and look forward to him facing JBL in round two.

2. Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Mantaur Rodeo Clown X-Pac Rules

Let's not get silly here. One of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots goes through simply because he has the intelligence to be able to lace up his own boots.

3. DirtyJosé

DirtyJosé Best angle of all: retirement

I'm voting Race because the majority of the arguments others have for their top guys will be shit if Harley Race lost in the first round to The Berzerker. If Harley Race loses, half of the tournament auto-fails.

4. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Two people actually voted for The Berzerker?:confused::wtf::lmao: Someone actually thinks that The Berzerker, AKA John Nord, AKA Nord the Barbarian would defeat one of professional wrestling's true living legends?

Harley Race...well let's see...what can I say about Harley Race....Well, if you take away the virtual worship of generations of wrestling fans, a respect among his peers almost unrivaled, a natural legitimate toughness revered throughout mat circles around the world and 8 NWA World Heavyweight Championship reigns....Well, if you took away all that, you'd actually wind up a wrestler exactly like John Nord!!

Race takes this in a cakewalk.

5. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Let's not pretend this is anything other than a massive squash for Harley Race. Really, there isn't even a need for me to explain myself further than this. Harley Race is a legend and a master of his craft, the Berzerker was a jobber and a shitty one at that, Harley Race easily wins this match in about twenty seconds.

6. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

More intriguing? Berzerker. Better helment? Berzerker. Manager? Berzerker. No ugly tatoos? Berzerker.

Harley Race won a lot of matches, but was he ever overly interesting. Not much of a personality on that guy, wouldn't you say so? Berzerker lasting for a little while and making it into this tournament shows how memorable and entertaining his gimmick was. Isn't that what wrestling's about, stupid gimmicks? I think so.

Tenta likes this.
  7. 8thwotwATG

8thwotwATG The Big Boss

PUHLEEESE......Race crushes this bozo in record fashion.Way too tough, too skilled, and too smart for Jon Nord.