Team WWF '01 vs The Hulkamaniacs '89

• Team WWF '01

• The Hulkamaniacs '89

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Well, this is it. The final go around for the first ever WZ Survivor Series Tournament. After everything we've been through, we are left with an Old School team vs a New School team.

Team WWF '01

Team WWF '01 is from the 2001 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane, and The Big Show. They defeated Team Andre '88 by a 10-7 margin in the Semi-Finals.

The Hulkamaniacs '89

Hulkamaniacs '89 is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Hulk Hogan, Demolition, and Jake Roberts. They defeated The Warriors '90, 10-3, in the semis.

Before voting begins, I must issue a word of caution. Working through this match up in the chess match of "who beats who" gives an unfair advantage to Team WWF, as they have 5 team members to The Hulkamaniacs 4. Please remember, when voting on the "Greatest Survivor Series Team" of all time, try to leave the numbers out of it. If you feel the need to work through match ups, take one member of Team WWF off the team to make it an even 4 on 4.

If that's the way that you want us to go with it, then I'll immediately factor out Big Show. He's by far and away the weakest member of the team. Based on that, we have a main event, a tag match, and an upper midcard match. We'll start with the tag: Demolition against the Brothers of Destruction. For me, and likely only me, this is a blowout, but for the old guys. Taker and Kane had limited continuity. They were big strong guys that would chokeslam their way out of problems. Demolition doens't have to take a backseat to anyone when it comes to power. They might not be able to beat the borthers, but they'll be worn down enough that Hogan eliminates them in a heartbeat.

Now onto the midcard match. Jericho against Roberts from the late 80s is a dream match. This was when Jericho couldn't win the big one, but Roberts was at his best. It's the DDT against the Walls/Lionsault, and I'm going with the DDT. Roberts wins but is gone immediately thereafter.

So then let's say it's one on one, Hogan and Rock. Hogan took Rock to the limit in 2002, when he was nothing compared to what he was at this time. Rock was huge, but Hogan was larger than life. Rock can hit all the Rock Bottoms and People's Elbows he wants. They won't do a damn thing. Hogan hulks up, three punches, big boot, and pinfall.

There you have it. Hulkamania proves once and for all, that it's the strongest force in the universe.

I don't really want to play the chess game of X eliminates Y and wins the match.

In Team WWF, all of the members have been WWF/E Champion at one time or another compared to just one of The Hulkamaniacs, Hulk Hogan, having held the WWF/E Championship a number of times. A pretty impressive team.

Looking at there respective matches at their Survivor Series PPV events, to the best of my knowledge, both teams had the one sole survivor so I can't give an advantage to either team for having more remaining members left at the end.

I'm going to have to pick Team WWF here IC and not because Team WWF has more members than The Hulkamaniacs.

But if I had to play the chess game. I would take out The Big Show and say that Kane and The Undertaker go over demolition, Roberts would go over Jericho and The Rock would just barely, barely beat Hogan.

I see from the votes that me defending Team WWF is going to be pointless though, but I tried.

I am actually going to take into account that Theam WWF is full of main event wrestlers, and I might even go so far as to vote for them. Hogan might have been way past his prime when he faced The Rock in 2002. Or, the way I see it, he was exactly the same. If anything in 2002 he was forced to do a lot more than he was in 1989. Not in his Rock match, but in his Triple H, Undertaker & Kurt Angle matches. Yeah I might so far as to say that the Hogan of 2002 was better than the Hogan of '89. Oh yeah, and The Rock has him beat.

Demolition & Jake Roberts beat the rest of Team WWF from and entertainment standpoint, but that's it.

I think everyone is really overrating demolition and underrating the Undertaker. Demolition is one of the most overrated tag teams ever and Taker could almost take care of them by himself, so with the help of Kane they would do it easily. I also believe that at the worst The Rock and Hogan are equal, and Jericho is slightly better then Jake Roberts so Team WWF takes this one easily. I thought the Hulkamaniacs didnt even deserve to be in the finals so there is no way they should win this.

I think everyone is really overrating demolition and underrating the Undertaker. Demolition is one of the most overrated tag teams ever and Taker could almost take care of them by himself, so with the help of Kane they would do it easily. I also believe that at the worst The Rock and Hogan are equal, and Jericho is slightly better then Jake Roberts so Team WWF takes this one easily. I thought the Hulkamaniacs didnt even deserve to be in the finals so there is no way they should win this.

You want to talk about over rated? Team WWF 2001 is chock full of WWF Superstars and Main Eventers, none of whom liked each other. They were a rag tag bunch, put together and BEGGED to get along by Mr. McMahon. The ONLY reason they beat Team Invasion in 2001 was because the Invasion team was even more disfunctional that team WWF was.

Hogan was a GOD in 1989, even with The Warrior running around. Jake Roberts was already a top notch competitor, and though you call Demolition over rated, they were a synergistic pure tag team who beat everyone they faced and won 3 WWF Tag Team Titles. To say that the 2001 incarnation of The Undertaker could take them both is just inane.

Team WWF I think, Hogan being the only main-eventer against three people that have defeated him (controversial or not) is an uphill battle all the way.

Demolition vs Brothers of Destruction is a win for B.O.D because as good as Demolition were B.O.D were a killer tag team that won World Title's in their spare time.

I'd take Jericho over Roberts, Klunder said that Jericho couldnt win the big one here but he did, it might have been WCW's big one but he beat The Rock to get it. This is where the infighting comes in though, the only real hatred was Y2J and Rocky so would that be enough to upset Team WWF?

Next you have Hogan vs The Rock, this one could go either way as it depends purely on your point of view.

I could see the whole thing going something like this. Demolition eliminate the Big Show, B.O.D eliminate Demolition, Jericho and Jake Roberts fight but Jericho gets eliminated because he shouts at The Rock, causing a distraction.
The Rock finishes Jake Roberts and Hogan comes in, The Rock and Hogan fight but Jericho attacks The Rock, Hogan goes for the Atomic Legdrop but walks into a double chokeslam from B.O.D, Rocky then hit's how ever many finisher's necessary to put Hogan away.

though you call Demolition over rated, they were a synergistic pure tag team who beat everyone they faced and won 3 WWF Tag Team Titles.

Almost everyone. Tenryu and Kitao had their number, and they beat them easily if I'm not mistaken. Under 5 minutes I believe.

To say that the 2001 incarnation of The Undertaker could take them both is just inane.

Depends. The 1994 version of The Undertaker was only killed by about a dozen wrestlers. Undertaker was quicker, more agile, stronger & better dressed in 2001. He might not have been able to take out both of them. But he could easily take out one, and the other with the help of Kane.

I honestly cannot beleive that a TEAM where one member physicially attacked another member is going to be judged as the best TEAM in this contest.

If the paramiter was "who are the best singles stars" then I could understand team WWE being in the final, but as a team they shouldn't even have passed round one.

Yeah, a team of individuals against a well oiled machine that had teh greatest Champion ever, along with the WWFs greatest tag team ever, teamed up with the greatest in ring psychologist ever.

This match is a cakewalk. The Undertaker and Kane were terrible in 2001, oh, and then there's teh Big Slow as well. Add a little bit of Jericho wanting nothing to do with the Rock, and oh yeah, attempting to knock him out with a chair while their careers were on the line int hat match, and you have a recipe for a simply wonderful team, well I guess to the people that voted that justificiation enough.

Hogan, Ax, Smash, and Roberts should win in a cakewalk.

Yeah, a team of individuals against a well oiled machine

The well oiled machine that barely scraped by The Million $ Team? I'd like to point out that out of the whole of the heel team, only Ted Dibiase w3as pinned. Zeus? Disqualified. The Powers Of Pain? Disqualified.

Zeus was gone at the very beginning of the match. He didn't get the oppertunity to dominate like he did at SummerSlam. I so he may well have won the match for his team.

The Powers Of Pain were DQ'd for doing what heel tag teams do, double teaming. How dastardly.

So really, that well oiled machine called Team Hogan were lucky to get past a tag team who's only notable feud was with Demolition, who they eliminated in this match btw.

A non-wrestler called Zeus, and Ted Dibiase who eliminated Jake Roberts all on his own.

So if they can only just get past The Million $ Team, then I don't see them getting past the NEW Mega Powers, Team WWF.

I'm so confident, I might even vote.

For me, this is obvious. Team WWF were all main eventers at the time of this match, and had all been world champions.
People are making to much of a big deal about demolition, tag teams rarely accomplish anything in Survivor Series and they are almost always the first to go. Jake Roberts could have been eliminated by just about anydody on Team WWF, and even taking Super Hogan into account, who would have probably eliminated three ( or 4 if we're seeing this as 5 on 4) he would have ultimately lost to The Rock without doubt, who wuld be the sole survivor and giving Team WWF the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back