The Million Dollar Team '90 vs The Hulkamaniacs '91

• The Million Dollar Team '90

• The Hulkamaniacs '91

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a third round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Million Dollar Team '90

The Million Dollar Team is from the 1990 Survivor Series, and consisted of Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, The Honky Tonk Man, and Greg Valentine. They defeated Team Slaughter 13-3 in round two.

The Hulkamaniacs '91

The Hulkamaniacs '91 is from the 1991 Survivor Series, and consisted of Hulk Hogan, Demolition (Ax and Smash), and Jake Roberts. They defeated Team Smackdown 9-3 in round two.

Wait.....Hogan 91 wasn't this team. This is the Hogan 89 team. There was no Hogan 91 team. He lost to Taker that year. However, I'm assuming you meant Hogan 89, so I'll go with that.

Hogan 89 wins here for two reasons: Demolition. These guys at the time were nothing short of bad ass. They would beat Rhythm and Blues into a puddle of brill cream. Another thing to factor in about them is that earlier in either the 89 or 90 Rumble, they beat Andre the Giant up. Not fought him, beat him up. Taker may have been invincible, but Demolition would just pound, and pound, and pound. They may have been eliimated, but they were still more than enough to soften him up for Hogan to take over and beat him. That leave Dibiase all alone against Hogan and Roberts. With Roberts being able to push Dibiase to his limits, he's easy pickings for a Hogan that gets a chance to rest.

Wow, Hogan gets an easy win here.

Demolition over Honky Tonk and Valentine. Granted this is the Debut of Taker, but he still beats Roberts. Only the Warrior and Savage were a challenge to Hogan then, so Hogan takes down Dibiase.

So, this leaves Taker alone against possibly the best tag team ever and Hulk Hogan. Sure, he beat Hogan a year later to win the title, and I'd even give him credit for eliminating Hogan here. However, then it is 2 on 1. Demolition win this in a 2 on 2 scenario. 2 on a worn out 1, even if it is Undertaker, is a walk for them.

Demolition FTW.

The Hulkamaniac's all the way on this one, we'll go with Demolition taking out Honky Tonk and Valentine, Jake Roberts would go toe to toe with Ted Dibiase and I would say beats Dibiase most times and even if he doesnt Hogan/Demolition easily pick up the peices. This leaves Hogan vs Undertaker, well Hogan, Demolition and possibly Roberts vs Undertaker.

Not that it matters, debut or not Hogan takes out Undertaker on his own, both men were beasts but Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan and he wins here.

Before anyone goes on about Hogan "taking out" the Undertaker here, remember that is was ONE YEAR after his debut that Undertake dismantled Hogan at Survivor Series for his first WWF Title. Who's to say he wouln't be able to destroy a fatigued Hogan in the Survivor Series?

I am not sure how I am voting yet, but that's a point I want to make sure is out there.

Before anyone goes on about Hogan "taking out" the Undertaker here, remember that is was ONE YEAR after his debut that Undertake dismantled Hogan at Survivor Series for his first WWF Title. Who's to say he wouln't be able to destroy a fatigued Hogan in the Survivor Series?

I am not sure how I am voting yet, but that's a point I want to make sure is out there.

Depends on your point of view, I wouldnt say Hogan got dismantled, Undertaker won that match with the help of Paul Bearer (not present in this match), the urn (not present), Ric Flair (not present) and a steel chair. So in a one on one match between the two, I still take Hogan fatigued or not.

I'm going to have to agree here and say that the Hulkamaniacs would probably get the win in tough matchup.

Demolition could easily take out Valentine/Honky. Demolition might be able to hold their own against Taker. But I think ultimately what would happen would be a similar scenario to what actually happened at the 90 Survivor Series, where Undertaker ended up getting counted out, in this case along with Demolition in a 3-man count-out with a brawl between the 3 on the outside. Which would leave Hogan/Roberts against Dibiase.

Dibiase would probably cheat or scew Roberts with a sneaky pinfall (perhaps hands on the tights, feet on the ropes, etc.). This leaves it down to Hogan/Dibiase who were the two "main-eventers" of the matchup at this point in time (89/90). A good match ensues, Dibiase gets the advantage on Hulk for awhile. All of a sudden, Hulk "hulks up," punches Dibiase, big boot, legdrop, 1-2-3. Hogan puts this thing to a close.

Not even close. The Hulkamaniacs decimate The Million $ Team. People might look at The Undertaker as a key factor. I don't. The lad above pointed out that Taker had no urn & no Paul Bearer. And while he did dominate in his '90 match, he was still incredibly dumb. The guy eliminated himself and then looked confused. If anything he's the weak link. He's not smarter than Jake Roberts, and strength alone isn't going to help you much against Demolition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back