Hulkamaniacs '89 vs Warriors '90

• Hulkamaniacs '89

• Warriors '90

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a semi-final match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Hulkamaniacs '89

Hulkamaniacs '89 is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Hulk Hogan, Demolition, and Jake Roberts. They defeated the Million Dollar Team 13-3 in round three.

Warriors '90

Warriors '90 is from the 1990 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Ultimate Warrior, The Legion of Doom, and the Texas Tornado. They defeated Team DX in the eleventh hour, 10-9.

This is actually one of the easiest matches thus far, because it comes down to a one on one showdown. Hogan and Warrior we know balance each other out, and then we have the showdown that never happened in LOD and Demolition. My God that's a dream match if there's ever been one. That leaves Texas Tornado against Jake Roberts in his prime, and that's a one sided contest to me. Roberts and his DDT easily take him out, so I'll take the Hulkamaniacs.

Easy!? KB, are you on the crack?

This, to me, may be the most even match up in the tournament thus far! This is epic! Personally, in 1990, I think that if The Texas Tornado and Jake Roberts met 10 times, Kerry von Erich wins 5 of them. Yes, that means Jake wins 5 of them.

Revisionist history paints Jake Roberts in a positive light as one of the "greatest never to win the World Title." I'll remind you - he never won ANY WWF title of any kind. At least Kerry von Erich held the Intercontinental Title, and beat Mr. Perfect for it to boot!

This match up is sick, and there's no easy way to pick this one.

That's what I was saying. The first three all are perfectly balanced. Von Erich was good back then, but for the life of me I can't picture Roberts falling victim to the Claw and Tornado punch. Roberts may never have held a title, but that doesn't really prove much. Look at who he was around. He was always a top IC contender, and while Von Erich won the title, it was a short reign and he lost it back to Perfect a few months later. After that he just faded away. It would be an interesting match, but I think that with the other 6 canceling each other out, Robers would win 7/10 times.

You have to take the warriors. LOD is a better team then Demolition, especially considering Demolition basically disappeared once LOD came to the WWE. Then you have Von Erich and Jake Roberts and they are pretty much equal. Then You have Warrior vs Hogan, and although it seems like Hogan should be the one that everybody picks, if you look at history when the two met at wrestlemania 6 we all know that Warrior defeated Hogan, and that was really the only one on one match they ever had with both guys in their prime.

It is close for me but Demolition swing this in favour of the Hulkamaniacs.
Warrior and Hogan have nothing between them at his point but Warrior won at Mania in between the 89 & 90 Survivor Series, not a lot between Texas and Roberts but feel Roberts just edges it. So these 4 eliminate each other. Then it comes down to LOD and Demolition, the 2 powerhouses of Ax and Animal are out next leaving Smash and Hawk wher eI feel thet Smash comes out on top.

Looking in my big mental book of wrestling feuds, I noticed several things:

* Demolition were supposed to be an LOD rip-off, not true. The real rip-offs were The Powers Of Pain. The look, the size, face paint, almost everything. Demolition shared face paint & studs instead of spikes.

* LOD's team beat Demolition's team in their original matches, and in their feud. So why wouldn't they in this match?

* Hogan was always more over than The Warrior, it was close, but Warrior was second best. It's like Cena & Batista today.

* It's 1-1 between the two. But The Warrior beat Hogan before Hogan was old.

* Jake Roberts vs. Kerry Von Erich? Meh, not important. Warriors win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back