FINALLY!! Osama Bin Laden Has Been Killed!!

This is also proof for the 'Bama haters who stupidly think he just replaced Bush. He killed him in 2 years while Bush took 8.

Right wing nutjobs 0 Sensible people 1

I'm glad Obama got him after Bush kept him safe for 7 years. Imagine if the republicans won in 08 we'd never have brought him to justice.

And, here we go...two fucktards so far who want to diminish the deaths of 3,000 people, all of the pain and suffering that their families went through because of this asshole, and try to make it solely about Bush and Obama.

Hey idiots, this isn't a Republican/Democrat thing, okay? Who the fuck do you think you are, to insinuate that Bush didn't do everything he could to find Obama and kill him? It wasn't a fucking contest! You took what should have been a day of relief for thousands of people who have lost loved one because of Osama Bin Laden, and tried to turn it into a political statement about Bush. Grow the fuck up.

I really hope that the more liberal posters on Wrestlezone flame the fuck out of you, because you just lowered their collective intelligence by a very, very large percentage. Republicans and Democrats alike lost family. Conservatives and Liberals alike have fought in the middle east to find this guy. The fact that you morons can't see that it took a collective effort from ALL Americans for 10 years just reveals how fucking stupid you are. I don't give a fuck who is President when it happened, I only care that it happened.

TheOneBigWill said:
10 Years have passed.. Bin Laden deserved death in some manner, but he deserved to pay for his crimes; NOT KILLED INSTANTLY. Does NO ONE get it? That's what he ultimately hoped if ever caught. He wanted to die as a martyr, instead of put behind bars - or taken in to "justice". He wanted shot/murdered through his people's eyes, so they'd have MORE to fight us for, to believe in him for. And we just gave it to them.

If he had really wanted to martyr himself, he would have been on one of the planes. Osama Bin Laden was a coward. He talked about about martydom, he convinced others of the glory of it all, yet never had the guts to do it himself. All he did was use others to spread his hatred. He was a user, a manipulator. Someone who could talk the big talk, but was too much of a chicken shit to actually walk the walk. That is the message that will spread. Not that he died in glorious battle, but that he died. You look at it as Bin Laden being a martyr...but think about it for a sec. Which would do more to "impress" his minions? Dying in a random battle, or being captured, showing how defiant he is, spitting at the face of the American justice system, and then being executed, while proclaiming "ALLAH AKBAR!!!!"?

Personally, I think that would have had a much bigger martyrdom effect than dying ingloriously while in hiding. People thought that the execution of Saddam Hussein by the Iraqis would do exactly what you claim will happen now that Bin Laden is dead, yet it didn't really happen that way. Instead, you had masses of Iraqi people celebrating that a tyrant was gone. I kind of understand why you might think the way you do, but you are wrong. The world is MUCH safer today than it was yesterday. There may be a few extremists who join the cause because of it, but there will be many more who give up, because the fire has gone out of their eyes without their leader to foment the violence.

If he had really wanted to martyr himself, he would have been on one of the planes. Osama Bin Laden was a coward. He talked about about martydom, he convinced others of the glory of it all, yet never had the guts to do it himself. All he did was use others to spread his hatred. He was a user, a manipulator. Someone who could talk the big talk, but was too much of a chicken shit to actually walk the walk.

I agree completely, because that is what we've been shown and lead to believe. I agree that if he wanted to make a statement, then he should've been leading the cause; but then again, did either of our President's lead the charge when we lead our troops - our Sons and Daughters - over seas to die in war? No, they sat in a chair, head in hands and talked behind a podium whenever something bad happened, about how they'll make a stand - but it isn't them, is it?

Bin Laden was evil, and I'll never say otherwise; but he was leading his people in a very similar way to how our President was leading our troops in retaliation.

That is the message that will spread. Not that he died in glorious battle, but that he died. You look at it as Bin Laden being a martyr...but think about it for a sec. Which would do more to "impress" his minions? Dying in a random battle, or being captured, showing how defiant he is, spitting at the face of the American justice system, and then being executed, while proclaiming "ALLAH AKBAR!!!!"?

No. Just, no.

The idea of a martyr is someone who dies via murder, not being captured. The fact that he "refused" to be captured and taken alive stands for everything he taught his people to believe in. Take no prisoners, live and die for what we believe in.

They DID spit in our justice system, in a way, because it took us almost 10 full years just to find him hiding "in a mansion". Not exactly the cave we were brought up to believe he was lurking in. He wasn't really suffering in darkness and fear, he was apparently right out in the open - living in luxury.

Personally, I think that would have had a much bigger martyrdom effect than dying ingloriously while in hiding. People thought that the execution of Saddam Hussein by the Iraqis would do exactly what you claim will happen now that Bin Laden is dead, yet it didn't really happen that way.

The people of Iraq HATED Saddam. They rejoiced in his fall because they feared him, because he'd KILL THEM as quickly as he'd kill us. Bin Laden was more graceful in wanting his people to come with him, and back his views.

Saddam demanded you back his views and if you thought anything else - death. Bin Laden asked for people to follow him, he never demanded it to my knowledge.

Instead, you had masses of Iraqi people celebrating that a tyrant was gone. I kind of understand why you might think the way you do, but you are wrong. The world is MUCH safer today than it was yesterday.

If we're "MUCH safer today" then why has our security alert went all the way up to its fullest? Why have we been told to be on the highest guard, and alert, if we're all safer today?

Because one man being dead - doesn't mean we're safe. It means we killed who we hope was their leader, and "heart". But we're unsure, and as a result; now we're the ones put in an unknown "what will come next" stage.

There may be a few extremists who join the cause because of it, but there will be many more who give up, because the fire has gone out of their eyes without their leader to foment the violence.

Maybe, and I hope you're right because the last thing I want from this is MORE war.. but I just don't see killing someone, especially someone as highly as we've assumd Bin Laden was - as anything that'll just defeat the enemy completely, or fix the system in a large way.

I want to believe the fire has gone out view you have, but I don't. I don't because if he, Bin Laden, has taught anything to anyone, it's that he expected to die someday as a martyr - in a "blaze of glory" - just like he hopes all of his followers will do as well.

Will, if I could red rep you three times for your post below, I would have. And there's a good chance you'll red rep me back, which is fine and dandy. The idea that you are so self-righteous and that you believe your own bull shit so deeply has gone far beyond just common nuisance and entered into the realm of being a disease.

First of all, you clearly have the right to post that drivel so long as you remain within the rules of the forums, which you have. Your ability and your right to think this way and express these thoughts in 10,000 words or less is one of the many things our service men and women defend for us. But your post is FAR from the intelligent, objective commentary you and your warped sense of self think it is.

I'm sorry, as much as this news story has already come to annoy me

Are you such a fucking smark that you're already sick of the biggest single news story in several years being broadcast for 12 hours, 5-8 of which you logically would have been asleep for? Well gosh, I am sorry the news of the biggest terrorist threat in US history being assassinated is assaulting your sense of entertainment. Perhaps CBS should recognize this and air reruns of Happy Days for you just so you feel like an under rated show is getting air time?

First; as a Military Service Veteran, regardless what Branch, you should be ASHAMED of the fact that you're talking in this manner.

YOU should be ashamed that you are talking, period. You fucking hypocrite. Servicemen and servicewomen fight for the ideals that people should be able to speak in a manner they see fit, and here you are, a nobody in the grand scheme of this whole ordeal, daring to pass judgement on them?

I don't care if this draws your anger, or flame worthy replies - the fact remains, whether you, or anyone else fully understood it; as a Military Service Member - your goal is to fight for PEACE, not war.

WHO the FUCK are YOU to tell someone what their job is and is not, like you know shit about it? What the fuck do you know about what somebody should or should not understand? And don't answer, I'll answer for you: you know jack shit, which is roughly the same amount I know. The difference is, I ask question, whereas you (in vintage form) just keep running your mouth.

And how dare you try to tell somebody what role their anger / passion / experiences should or should not play in things? Were YOU in the Middle East? Were you a first responder?

So, to rejoice so greatly over anyone's death is a big concern I have with a Member of a service dedicated to fight for peace.

THE FUCK!?

In the fight for peace, the American military took out a military target who - and try to follow me here - STOOD FOR WAR! And Osama bin Laden didn't just stand for War the way Sun Tzu stood for war - he stood for cowardly acts of terrorism designed to murder innocent civilians. This was such a HUGE step in the fight for peace you self righteous asshole, that ANYBODY who served a DAY should be thrilled about the outcome.

If your goal is peace, the last thing you should be happy over, much less rejoicing in; is the death of anyone.

You, sir, are an imbicile.

Was that truly needed? Once again, emotions are running on high in this situation.. but coming from a Vet, of all people; is wanting someone to continue to suffer even beyond death.. is that what you want the children looking on, to grow up in wanting? For someone they "dislike/hate/loathe" to rot to the fullest?

Considering the magnitude of the crimes, a Christian who believes in judgement and punishment after death is perfectly justified in believing that Osama bin Laden is looking at an eternity of punishment. Whether or not you believe somebody should or should not feel that way is irrelevant.

Bin Laden was a very evil individual, and this mark in history is very "bright" to the United States because of a situation that MOST of us have moved on from, and put behind us.

And now you believe you can speak on behalf of the majority of Americans? Are you delusional, or is this just your ego getting totally out of hand?

But killing, regardless of what side, regardless of by who, to who, or for what reason.. is wrong. It does not resolve anything, it only causes more problems; and if someone were to ask me what my worst fear would be from this situation - it'd be the backlash that we could have coming, because it's obvious neither side will simply let the other have the "last moment" and be the bigger person.

So the American and World leadership should have simply laid down arms against bin Laden under the pretense of "well, two wrong's don't make a right?" Should have abandonned the fact that a wanted mass murderer and terrorist responsible for the untimely deaths of thousands was still at large?

WILLIAM, DO YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING MENTOS COMMERCIAL!?

10 Years have passed.. Bin Laden deserved death in some manner, but he deserved to pay for his crimes; NOT KILLED INSTANTLY.

Wow, and so now you've added a God complex to your ever growing list of personal inefficiencies? You now, in all of your infinite wisdom, have the right to decide when and how someone should die? Tell us, oh wise one, how YOU would have handled this situation. Look down at your "What Would Edge Do?" bracelet and come up with some ridiculous rhetoric, provided the bandwith of the site can handle it.

We needed to be the bigger person in this situation, we needed to end the blood shed and bring him to justice. Not just continue to add more.

Honestly, Will, I didn't think you were capable of sounding this self righteous and this dumb.

I'm sorry, as much as this news story has already come to annoy me - this specific post can not be ignored. This is the exact thing that people, Americans, should be ashamed of. Let me take two specific pieces out of the above quoted post..

First; as a Military Service Veteran, regardless what Branch, you should be ASHAMED of the fact that you're talking in this manner. I don't care if this draws your anger, or flame worthy replies - the fact remains, whether you, or anyone else fully understood it; as a Military Service Member - your goal is to fight for PEACE, not war.

So, to rejoice so greatly over anyone's death is a big concern I have with a Member of a service dedicated to fight for peace. If your goal is peace, the last thing you should be happy over, much less rejoicing in; is the death of anyone. Now, I understand it's an emotion and a very good one to have - we've come a long way from 9/11, but that brings me to this second point..

Was that truly needed? Once again, emotions are running on high in this situation.. but coming from a Vet, of all people; is wanting someone to continue to suffer even beyond death.. is that what you want the children looking on, to grow up in wanting? For someone they "dislike/hate/loathe" to rot to the fullest?

Was the guy one of the worst people we've ever come to know? Absolutely, and you'd be insane to think otherwise. Bin Laden was a very evil individual, and this mark in history is very "bright" to the United States because of a situation that MOST of us have moved on from, and put behind us.

This is almost an unsure neutral thing, good and bad both, purely because the majority of the Country has moved on from the terrible date in time, almost 10 years ago; and now, we've all be thrust right back into remembering that horrific moment, just so we can be blankly satisfied with empty justice in knowing a face, a figurehead behind one of the worst moments in history - is finally dead. But the war will never be over. And the lives lost, unfortunately, will never be brought back.

I'm happy to those who have their closure, and I'm sorry for everyone who lost anything during that day; be it a Family member, Friend, Partner, or just something as small - yet big - as hope, or security. But killing, regardless of what side, regardless of by who, to who, or for what reason.. is wrong. It does not resolve anything, it only causes more problems; and if someone were to ask me what my worst fear would be from this situation - it'd be the backlash that we could have coming, because it's obvious neither side will simply let the other have the "last moment" and be the bigger person.

10 Years have passed.. Bin Laden deserved death in some manner, but he deserved to pay for his crimes; NOT KILLED INSTANTLY. Does NO ONE get it? That's what he ultimately hoped if ever caught. He wanted to die as a martyr, instead of put behind bars - or taken in to "justice". He wanted shot/murdered through his people's eyes, so they'd have MORE to fight us for, to believe in him for. And we just gave it to them.

Anyone who believed in him, now believes even harder, even more - because he died via gun fire, he died because he "refused" to come willingly, and our peace-fighting Military members were all too accepting to kill him if he wanted to be, instead of being bigger and taking him to the proper justice he deserved.

We needed to be the bigger person in this situation, we needed to end the blood shed and bring him to justice. Not just continue to add more.

Can I just say, for the record, why can't we allow the American people to rejoice as a result of this event? Sure, it's morally wrong to do so. The death of ANYONE for ANY reason is sad and it's immoral to celebrate it. And I understand the stance that our military is supposed to take and the unbiased view they need to have. You are not "wrong" for trying to make us, as Americans and patriots, stand for something besides selfishness and represent our country in a dignified way. But I think we can make a few exceptions in this case.

I could give a shit about my "moral code" when the murdered of thousands of Americans, right outside the door of my employment, were viciously murdered. I was there... in Newark, New Jersey. I SMELLED that smokey sky. I SAW the ashes. The smoke from the towers could be seen for miles and miles. I was close enough to ground zero where I directly felt the affects of Bin Laden's treachery. He killed innocent Americans. These Americans were mothers, fathers, children, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces... do I need to go on? They were INNOCENT PEOPLE. And this man, Bin Laden, sat back and laughed. He didn't care about "peace." He didn't have a "moral code." He was not an ally of any country. He created a band of individuals and went rogue in order to strike a blow at our country. Rejoicing as a result of his death is an exception to our moral rules that I truly believe we can ALL accept.

Sitting in my apartment last night and watching Norcal almost come to tears when we all witnessed the news was something I will never forget. Was Norcal sitting there and trying to remember that he's a representative of our country's miliary and had a "moral code" to follow? FUCK NO. He jumped up and down in joy and almost lost his emotion because what he spent months and months setting up in Pakistan finally came to fruition.

In conclusion I will say this: As much as you're "right" in this situation, give Americans and our country their moment without shitting on it because you decided to follow a moral code this morning. Allow us to know that revenge was taken for the thousands of deaths, orphaned children, crying family members, and broken patriots as a result of the 9/11 attacks. Stop trying to take a "holier than thou" stance and put us in our places for having the FREEDOM and the God-given right to express our true feelings and opinions on the death of Osama Bin Laden. Give us our moment and leave it alone, Will.

Will, overall the world is much safer. There will probably be some attempts at retaliation, but then what? A chicken can only run around for so long with its head chopped off. You see the death of Bin Laden as a rallying cry for Muslim extremists, I see it as a truly crippling, hopefully fatal blow. The emotional fires that may flare up will die, just as a headless chicken may run around frantically before the body finally has nothing left to compell the muscles into action, and it becomes still.

In addition to what I've already posted...

Hey Will, what would make you feel better? If Bin Laden had a trial, first? Fine. Then let's say that would have been a possibility:

Bin Laden was killed in a firefight. We had to means or way of bringing him in to get a court sentence. He fired guns at our US soldiers and since we are the superior military force, we fucking KILLED HIM. So, on behalf of the dozens of soldiers that Bin Laden attempted to kill last night, I applaud them for killing Osama Bin Laden in SELF DEFENSE.

Now leave this shit alone and put your moral code to rest.

Good thing. Now perhaps Muslims will no longer be called terrorists because of some idiot. Or, if worst comes to worst, we may see more terrorist attacks in American as ways of retaliation. I just want this whole war shit to end.

Finally, he is gone. Dosent by far mean that we are out of the woods in the terrorism department- but its a start.

Obama & the military finally have gotten the man that Bush couldnt. Question that arises out of all this is how the fuck could there be a military training base 1000 ft next to where he was hiding & their government didnt know he was there? Hmmmm.

I was told last night that this was the greatest military victory since World War II.
Bullshit.

While it is great that this man has been brought to justice, this changes nothing. All that's happened, is that we've taken revenge. The War on Terror will continue. Al-Qaeda will live on, perhaps even more aggressively. The reason this "War" has lasted so long is because they're not a traditional army, and cannot be destroyed from one base.

I've been told that we've cut the head off the snake repeatedly. But we're not dealing with Snake, nor are we dealing with an organization held together by one man. While he was the figure head, he's replaceable. Al-Qaeda isn't held together by a man, they're held together by a common belief of global Jihad. That's why nothing changes. That's why, as great as it is that he's gone- this isn't an amazing military victory. It's simply Justice.

TheOneBigWill: People might be flaming you for your post, but I'll give you credit for a well thought out, well written post, even if I happen to disagree.

So, to rejoice so greatly over anyone's death is a big concern I have with a Member of a service dedicated to fight for peace. If your goal is peace, the last thing you should be happy over, much less rejoicing in; is the death of anyone. Now, I understand it's an emotion and a very good one to have - we've come a long way from 9/11, but that brings me to this second point..
I truly try not to harbor hatred and ill will towards people, but Osama bin Laden is one man I will celebrate leaving this Earth. I don't wish death on anyone, and truly wish that suddenly, both sides can come to some realization that killing and mass murder aren't ok and that we can truly live in peace with one another.

I try not to truly hate anyone. Heck I don't even hate my ex-wife. But it's truly hard for me not to hate Osama bin Laden. The bombing of the USS Cole which killed 17 sailors. The suicide attacks on 9/11. The mass murder of his own people he swore he was serving for "Islam". I know the Bible teaches us to turn the other cheek, to forgive those who trespass against us...but I just can't with bin Laden.
Was the guy one of the worst people we've ever come to know? Absolutely, and you'd be insane to think otherwise. Bin Laden was a very evil individual, and this mark in history is very "bright" to the United States because of a situation that MOST of us have moved on from, and put behind us.
Very well said!
This is almost an unsure neutral thing, good and bad both, purely because the majority of the Country has moved on from the terrible date in time, almost 10 years ago; and now, we've all be thrust right back into remembering that horrific moment, just so we can be blankly satisfied with empty justice in knowing a face, a figurehead behind one of the worst moments in history - is finally dead. But the war will never be over. And the lives lost, unfortunately, will never be brought back.
True, while many Americans have, for the most part, moved on from 9/11, there are many who have not. And while I would have preferred for Osama bin Laden to have been captured and brought to justice, I still do believe he was brought to justice in his assassination as well. And like you said, this war on terror will never be over. There's just going to be someone else taking his place, al-Zawahiri, or some unknown that fills the void.

I'm happy to those who have their closure, and I'm sorry for everyone who lost anything during that day; be it a Family member, Friend, Partner, or just something as small - yet big - as hope, or security. But killing, regardless of what side, regardless of by who, to who, or for what reason.. is wrong. It does not resolve anything, it only causes more problems; and if someone were to ask me what my worst fear would be from this situation - it'd be the backlash that we could have coming, because it's obvious neither side will simply let the other have the "last moment" and be the bigger person.
I fear the backlash coming as well. If people think al Qaeda isn't going to want some manner of revenge, they're insane. However, I do believe that even if we withdrew all our troops and left al Qaeda alone, closed all our military bases on "Muslim Holy ground", isolated ourselves away, and not carried out the assassination of Osama bin Laden, that terrorists would still plan to attack us, that bin Laden would continue to mastermind assaults against us.
I think someone above me said that Osama bin Laden was a coward, and I fully agree. However, I do agree with Will as well in saying that Osama bin Laden wanted to die as a martyr. And he may have achieved some of that upon his death. I don't believe al Qaeda will simply throw in the towel now that he's dead. And his followers may use this as some type of rallying point against us.

However, had we left bin Laden alive and brought him to trial...I'm not too sure that would have been a good course of action. The man truly believed in what he was doing was right, had absolutely no remorse for his actions, and stated he wanted to harm us even further. Then again, we still bring other sociopaths to trial for their crimes, even though it's not necessarily the same situation. But with bin Laden, no jury in the United States could give the man a fair, impartial trial. And what if some fancy lawyer took his case and was able to get him off because of some "mental defect". We'd be forced to release him and we'd never be able to bring justice to him for his mass murders.

Anyone who believed in him, now believes even harder, even more - because he died via gun fire, he died because he "refused" to come willingly, and our peace-fighting Military members were all too accepting to kill him if he wanted to be, instead of being bigger and taking him to the proper justice he deserved.
In defense of our troops, you can say that this is what happened, but none of us know what the SEALs experienced in that compound. There was a firefight, that much has been reported, so I stand to reason bin Laden put up a resistance. And when you're under gunfire, when your life is being threatened, you're going to do what you need to to ensure you walk out of that place alive. Our men and women are trained to go for the kill, as are police officers around the nation, when they are under fire and their lives are being threatened. And they did their job wonderfully, not a single American life was lost in the operation, which is amazing. However, reports did come in that the intent of this mission was never to capture, it was to kill. So you may have a point on this one, I don't know. I'll never see the order given, and we'll never know just what occurred in that compound.
I truly wish that we could all just live in peace with no blood shed anymore. I truly wish that the world could wake up and stop the senseless killing. I truly do. But that takes more than just us, it takes all the people we've labeled terrorists as well to give up the fight and realize there's a better way to get things done. We could set the example, but when the enemy is so dedicated to their cause, willing to kill themselves to bring death to us...how do we get through to that? Can we get through to that? And if we can't...we must defend ourselves.

Very well said arguments.

We all have our memories of that fateful day of 9/11/01. It was hard for me being in training on that day. However, it was also hard for me when I reported to my ship (the USS George Washington). One of the first sights I saw on the ship was a mural painted in the hanger bay, of the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero behind her, smoking with transparent towers in place of the WTC. Many may not remember, but the USS GW was the aircraft carrier conducting sea trials off the coast of Virginia at the time this tragedy occured, and was immediately ordered to take on an airwing group and immediately report to NYC. I remember hearing stories from those who served at that point the emotion they felt, especially the New Yorkers. The pictures they showed me, the descriptions they gave, will never give justice to what they must have gone through and felt that day. Hearing stories of watching the smoke billow up from where the towers stood, the smell in the air, the fear it gave them. Seeing the tears in the eyes of fellow sailors who were terrified because they knew people who worked around the World Trade Center.

We all react differently on the news of bin Laden's death. I personally cheered and cried a little. While I may not be a New Yorker, I served with plenty, and even while I was in training, I still remember their tears, I remember trying to console other sailors who couldn't get through to their families, and ultimately, I remember the fear of what was to come of all of us from that moment on.

At best this proves to the extremists that they are in fact no safer than the innocent people they kill on any given day in the name of Islam, but at worst it ignites yet another fire in the extremist communities that'll result in a rash of new attacks, all in retaliation not only for Bin Laden being killed, but for the US public parading about it the way the extremists did when the Twin Towers were destroyed. You're already seeing how ridiculous something like this can make people act — people are changing their Facebook photos to the images of Bin Laden's dead body and Flags, people are driving up and down main streets in their towns and cities waiving flags, etc. You're seeing people rejoice in this in the exact same way the extremists did when they killed 3,000+ people back in 2001.

Driving around with a fuckin' flag outside your car window, honking, causing traffic jams and dancing in the street... hmm, where have I seen that before?

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/05/02/osama_and_chants_of_usa

burning-flag.jpg

flag_burning.jpg

burning_flag.jpg

I'm happy as hell that piece of shit is dead, guys, I just don't agree with all this parading like we just beat the boss on the hardest level in a video game. This is real life. Real people die and real people suffer. A little modesty can go a long way.

I'm sorry, I am indeed happy since this is such a powerful symbolic victory, however I am in favor of human rights, no matter what no matter who. Before you people start to give me examples of Hitler and others let me tell you this: 2 years ago my best friend was murdered. After a couple of months I saw his muderer on trial. Yeah at some point I thought "I wish he was dead", but that ain't justice that is vengeance.

Being that said, you just can't make exceptions, well maybe for some governments you can :rolleyes:. I said it before twice, and I'll said it a third time, take a look who is Abimael Guzmán and how the peruvian goverment handle him.

For me this shows that the end justifies the means. When that happens IMO you are deeply blinded with your own ideals/ideology. Like Will said it correctly "there is nothing to celebrate over death". Like I already said, it isn't justice, it is vengeance.

At best this proves to the extremists that they are in fact no safer than the innocent people they kill on any given day in the name of Islam, but at worst it ignites yet another fire in the extremist communities that'll result in a rash of new attacks, all in retaliation

This worries me, to be honest. Americans who live/stay abroad should think about coming back, or at least take serious precautions. I understand they shouldn't have to fear these people, but we live in reality. In reality, it's a real concern.

You're already seeing how ridiculous something like this can make people act — people are changing their Facebook photos to the images of Bin Laden's dead body and Flags, people are driving up and down main streets in their towns and cities waiving flags, etc. You're seeing people rejoice in this in the exact same way the extremists did when they killed 3,000+ people back in 2001.

The last part of your post proves a point, and I'm not sure it's the one you were looking for. The United States killed a mass murderer. That's what people are celebrating. The post-9/11 rallies were celebrating the murders of innocent civilians. Big, big difference. I'm sure that won't matter to extremists, but there is a difference.

Driving around with a fuckin' flag outside your car window, honking, causing traffic jams and dancing in the street... hmm, where have I seen that before?

Some people are going overboard, I'll give you that. But I don't think it's wrong, given who was killed.

I'm happy as hell that piece of shit is dead, guys, I just don't agree with all this parading like we just beat the boss on the hardest level in a video game. This is real life. Real people die and real people suffer. A little modesty can go a long way.

Nothing wrong with going about it your way, either.

The last part of your post proves a point, and I'm not sure it's the one you were looking for. The United States killed a mass murderer. That's what people are celebrating. The post-9/11 rallies were celebrating the murders of innocent civilians. Big, big difference. I'm sure that won't matter to extremists, but there is a difference.

Of course there is, but you're dealing with opposite sides of the same coin here — both are glamorizing death, which IMO is 'wrong', even when the one who died was a mass-murderer and evil.

These frat boys climbing trees on the White House lawn, getting drunk and screaming about how much they love America at 2 in the morning, etc. is arrogant nonsense. Be glad the fucker is dead, by all means, but this kind of parading is juvenile and incredibly shallow.

Some people are going overboard, I'll give you that. But I don't think it's wrong, given who was killed.

I do, only in the way they are doing so. I have no issue with anyone, especially those who lose loved ones on 9/11 or at any other point due to a terrorist attack, "celebrating" his death, but be modest about it.

This kind of boastful partying is going to lead to the exact same thing we saw (except in reverse) of what we saw back in 2001 with people burning various Middle Eastern flags, spitting on them, etc. This doesn't help things any. It's vengeance, not justice IMO.

Though there isn't any doubt that this man needed to be brought to justice for authorizing the deaths of thousands of people around the world i cant help but feel its more of a victory in morale terms than real effects.

If he had been captured i think there might have been more a sense of justice about things, as it is his death seems more like vindication of the efforts that have been made to pursue the war on terror. Realistically though, i don't think Osama would ever have surrendered to capture so when he was eventually found his death always would have been inevitable.

The news is a real morale boost to Americans and to those of other nations who have suffered terrorist attacks from Al-queda, and could be a real blow to those who believed in what Bin Laden believed. On the other hand, it could be a motivating factor for sympathizers and supporters to become more aggressive at losing their figurehead.

Unfortunately at the end of the day for a number of years its appeared that bin laden has been just that, a figurehead of resistance and done little more than approve plots from other members of Al-queda. In time someone else will assume command of the group, we can hope that whoever it is isn't as charismatic and able to unify and radicalize people to the same extent Bin Laden could. I don't think this will be the end of the terrorism or anything close, Bin Laden wasn't the leader of an organization which he controlled personally, but the figurehead and image of a movement and belief in a global jihad.

I don't particularly buy the argument that this makes the world a more dangerous place. Potentially in the very short term we might see some level of response, although personally I'd deem it unlikely. When the dust settles the extremists will be almost exactly the same as before. Nobody is going to be turned on to terrorism because Bin Laden got shot, and if the terror groups around the world had the capability to increase their activities then they would have done so the last time we blew somebody relevant up.

It doesn't do a whole lot of good either, the man wasn't relevant as anything other than a symbol, and historically extremest groups have preferred a dead symbol to a live one. I don't think this puts fear into the hearts of terrorists, mostly because most of them are scared pretty shitless right now as it is. It seldom gets reported but we've killed well over a thousand people in Pakistan alone over the past four years with drone attacks. It's the primary reason why extremist groups are reported to be so weak at the moment, it's very hard for them to operate in the open when they are under constant threat of attack and significant members keep getting reduced to a pile of ash.

Not to mention the sea of revolutions in the Middle East, which is playing merry hell with the terrorist schedule. That's the only way we "win" incidentally. As I said in another thread, it's not one group we're fighting and we can't kill everybody. Try and change the landscape one day at a time.

Bin Laden has been nothing more than a symbol for his cause... there's quite a delicious irony that his death should serve primarily as a symbol of celebration to the west.

I heard some very inciteful commentary on CNN radio this morning that explained the fact that bin Laden was, in the purest form, a terrorist murderer, and that was all he brought to the table. He wanted to murder the USA and bring us down, no matter the cost. People associated him with Muslims and with Islam, when he murdered both indiscriminately.

They juxtaposed this with Hamas. Hamas is also not pro-US, and the US (along with the EU, Canada, and Japan) consider Hamas a terrorist organization. We're going to celebrate bin Laden's death for days, but the fact is, Hamas is a greater potential threat. Why?

Two reasons: 1) not all countries classify Hamas as terrorist (Russia, Syria, Turkey, Norway among them) which means there is not world wide support for the US here, and 2) as opposed to bin Laden, Hamas builds infrastructure and provides funding, education, and political knowledge.

wikipedia.org said:
Hamas is particularly popular among Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, though it also has a following in the West Bank, and to a lesser extent in other Middle Eastern countries. Its popularity stems in part from its welfare wing providing social services to Palestinians in the occupied territories, including school and hospital construction. Hamas devotes up to 90% of its estimated $70 million annual budget to an extensive social services network, running many relief and education programs, and funds schools, orphanages, mosques, healthcare clinics, soup kitchens, and sports leagues. Such services aren't generally provided by the Palestinian government.[52]

In particular, Hamas funded health services where people could receive free or inexpensive medical treatment. Hamas greatly contributed to the health sector, and facilitated hospital and physician services in the Palestinian territory. On the other hand, Hamas’s use of hospitals is sometimes criticised as purportedly serving the promotion of violence against Israel.[53] The party is also known to support families of those who have been killed (including suicide bombers), wounded or imprisoned by Israel, including providing a monthly allowance of $100. Families of militants not affiliated with Hamas receive slightly less.[54]

Hamas has funded education as well as the health service, and built Islamic charities, libraries, mosques and education centers for women. They also built nurseries, kindergartens and supervised religious schools that provide free meals to children. When children attend their schools and mosques, parents are required to sign oaths of allegiance. Refugees, as well as those left without homes, are able to claim financial and technical assistance from Hamas.[55]

They are a threat. Perhaps, however, that can also be reasoned with politically. I have to hope.

I can't even begin to formulate an opinion on Hamas. I don't think it's really one organisation as much as it is a meld of people from various levels of the anti-west spectrum. A comparison to the IRA and Sinn Fein is probably not out of line. They're certainly a hideous dictatorship. They won a free election it is true, but after that they dropped quite a few political opponents off of the top of buildings, so dictatorship they are. It's a shame really, because they did a very good job of maintaining a legitimate front for a few years.

Hamas is lose - lose. We continue not to acknowledge them and it simply encourages them towards violent action. We try to encourage them towards political legitimacy and we've got the west cozying up to another group of lunatic despots at a time when that's not very popular. There's always the option of repeatedly nuking Syria and Iran which would work, but might bring about one or two new problems. Beyond that... fuck knows. The worlds greatest political minds have been trying to sort that particular part of the world out for generations and right now we've had three realistic plans. Kill everybody. Kill almost everybody. Or wait for everybody to die and pick up with a new generation.

And, here we go...two fucktards so far who want to diminish the deaths of 3,000 people, all of the pain and suffering that their families went through because of this asshole, and try to make it solely about Bush and Obama.

Hey idiots, this isn't a Republican/Democrat thing, okay? Who the fuck do you think you are, to insinuate that Bush didn't do everything he could to find Obama and kill him? It wasn't a fucking contest! You took what should have been a day of relief for thousands of people who have lost loved one because of Osama Bin Laden, and tried to turn it into a political statement about Bush. Grow the fuck up.

I really hope that the more liberal posters on Wrestlezone flame the fuck out of you, because you just lowered their collective intelligence by a very, very large percentage. Republicans and Democrats alike lost family. Conservatives and Liberals alike have fought in the middle east to find this guy. The fact that you morons can't see that it took a collective effort from ALL Americans for 10 years just reveals how fucking stupid you are. I don't give a fuck who is President when it happened, I only care that it happened.

LOL you're right, sorry I expressed my personal opinion instead of just typing "YEAH WE GOT THE FCKER USA USA" Justice has been served. those 3000 people came back from the dead and the twin towers are back at ground zero. Oh wait, that didn't happen? Justice is relative and percieved. It's an intangible thing created by humans. The only thing different for me is there is one more thing Obama accomplished that all the Obama haters have to accept. As an Obama supporter, I'm happy they got him. That's all I care about. On a side note, I wonder if they caught him using info from his hacked PSN account.

LOL you're right, sorry I expressed my personal opinion instead of just typing "YEAH WE GOT THE FCKER USA USA" Justice has been served. those 3000 people came back from the dead and the twin towers are back at ground zero. Oh wait, that didn't happen? Justice is relative and percieved. It's an intangible thing created by humans. The only thing different for me is there is one more thing Obama accomplished that all the Obama haters have to accept. As an Obama supporter, I'm happy they got him. That's all I care about. On a side note, I wonder if they caught him using info from his hacked PSN account.

Well this is a very sad post. I agree with the part saying Obama did accomplish this and it is good for him but really, you argue the meaning of justice.

This happens to be the definition of justice that deals with this situation:

3.The administration of the law or authority in maintaining this

If you are saying justice is just something that the human brain conjures up then you are right. Except that then this argument then can be used for absolutely every word that is an intangible.

The truth of the matter is we got the man who caused all this pain and suffering to the world and that is what should be praised. I think you are thinking of the word retribution when saying all the people didn't magically come back.

Anyway :2ar15smilie: we got him.

Yeah I want to take this time to say I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, Bin Laden was a known terrorist and an Enemy of the State. I'm thrilled that the U.S. Military successfully eliminated him. I was just responding to the guy that responded to me and eloquently called me a "fucktard"

A little late on posting on this thread but better late than never, I suppose. Truly fantastic news and a moment that every American will undoubtedly take with them forever. This does leave me wondering who was the one who actually dealt the killing shot to Bin Laden. I swear, I want to hug the guy and shake his hand. This probably won't end the war on terrorism but it will undoubtedly deal a critical blow to al qaeda. Justice was served and to be honest, it was overdue. Sunday truly was a great day to be an American. Not to mention Christian winning the world title to top it all off, I'll never forget 5/1/11.

On a side note, I wonder what affect this will have on Obama's approval rating and his chances of reelection in the next presidential election.

EDIT: I just noticed I posted my feelings on this thread earlier. Now I feel like an idiot. Ah well.

As a British Muslim myself, i am disgusted with everything this Man has done and wanted to do to people who live on this planet. I hope everyone who follows Bin Ladin's beliefs that they and their families burn and rot in hell. This man claims he is a muslim and he kills in the name of Allah. There ain't no such thing as killing in the name of Allah. He does and preaches the complete opposite of what is said in the Quran.

I read in a newspaper today that some Muslims view him as a hero and i was fucking shocked by this. What is wrong with these people? Like fucking hell !!! This man gives us Muslims a bad name. The world truely is a better place without Bin ladin but unfortunately his death is not the end of the war against terror. But i hope by his death it will provide some justice to those who lost their lives because of him and to the families who lost a loved one.

Yeah I want to take this time to say I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, Bin Laden was a known terrorist and an Enemy of the State. I'm thrilled that the U.S. Military successfully eliminated him. I was just responding to the guy that responded to me and eloquently called me a "fucktard"

I called you a fucktard because that is what someone like you is. You wanted to pretend that all of the intelligence gathered during the Bush Adminstration that helped bring Bin Laden down was absolutely irrelevant, and that it was 100% completely Obama's accomplishment. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say, and I think deep down you know it was. If you had ANY clue whatsoever about the world around you, you might understand that the information Obama saw that gave him the reason to give the green light came from previous information, which came from information that was obtained before that. In order to get Bin Laden, a whole lot of intelligence had to be built upon other intelligence that was developed off of yet more intelligence. The intelligence that Obama saw was not created in a vacuum, it took YEARS of developing to get to that point. But, like a fucktard, you ignored all of that. You tried to make it a competition between Bush and Obama, that Bush failed and Obama succeeded, and think that it doesn't go any deeper than that. The truth is, without information that was obtained by BOTH administrations, we aren't having this discussion. This was a team effort, and if you are too dumb to see that, then I 100% stand by the fucktard comment. Even President Obama acknowledged that it was a team effort, by the fact that he contacted Bush immediately after it happened to let him know. Why would he do that, if he didn't understand that the intelligence gathered during the Bush Administration proved valuable?

On top of that, you then claimed that Bush was keeping Bin Laden safe, and that Republicans secretly didn't want Bin Laden caught by implication, which has to be one of the stupidest, most incredibly ignorant comments ever. The fact that you still don't understand that only proves my point further.

When you say fucktard worthy things, you get called a fucktard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back