FINALLY!! Osama Bin Laden Has Been Killed!!

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
The leader of the Al Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden, has been confirmed to be dead. Finally, America and the rest of the world have their justice. This is truly a fantastic piece of news.

Discuss it all in here.

So it is all over the news, Osama Bin Laden has been killed by U.S. troops. What I want to know from you guys is kind of effect do you believe his death bring?

Is it just me or is it really anti-climactic? I mean, I'm satisfied with his death but it leaves me with a melancholy feeling. It makes me think of 9/11 and the fact that it took ten years for justice to find him, I dunno. Don't get me wrong though, he got what he deserved and dished out so many times.

Thank god that fucker is gone watchin the news waiting for the press conference. I heard it about 10 min ago on the radio and smiled.....

Is this the overall end of terrorism? NO. However this is a great sign and it will do wonders for the American government. I think everyone feels just slighly safer now that he is gone and I can honestly say that I am more than exited to see him dead. I think this could possibly lead to an Obama relection just because of how happy people are right now. Honestly though this is a great moment.

I could kiss the guy who shot that worthless fucker. This is a proud day for all Americans as justice has finally been served. Long overdue? Very much so. This won't be the end to terrorism, but it sure is a step in the right direction. It's finally done though and we never have to worry about him again.

Well this does nothing but bring 'Bama's polls up. But think about this for a second. You killed the guy just like that. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it or anything but if you think about it, the damage has been done. The trillions of dollars on war, the amount of lives lost because of this war. Its like when Hitler died. Its bittersweet because the fact of the matter is that the six million people are already dead.

But yeah, I guess that's that now huh?

Is it just me or is it really anti-climactic? I mean, I'm satisfied with his death but it leaves me with a melancholy feeling. It makes me think of 9/11 and the fact that it took ten years for justice to find him, I dunno. Don't get me wrong though, he got what he deserved and dished out so many times.

I agree that it is somewhat anti climactic. But a positive of it is that U.S. troops took him out. When Saddam was finally captured he was given to the Iraqis and they executed him, we're lucky that something simlilar did not happen in this case. He deserves way more than to just get shot but it is better than him not getting killed and possibly coordinating another attack, and in the end it was American soldiers who took him out with a well placed head shot. OOORAH!

Well this does nothing but bring 'Bama's polls up. But think about this for a second. You killed the guy just like that. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it or anything but if you think about it, the damage has been done. The trillions of dollars on war, the amount of lives lost because of this war. Its like when Hitler died. Its bittersweet because the fact of the matter is that the six million people are already dead.

But yeah, I guess that's that now huh?

Wow a part of me actually thought that you were refrencing the Batman: The Dark Knight's plot. Anyway I think that it is good that he is gone. I mean after all the crimes that he has comitted he would have gotten the death penalty anyway. I truly feel we will be seeing the end of some wars in the Middle East because of this because of the satisfaction that people are feeling because of the overall epicness of the event. However he deserved to die and I am so glad that finally he is no longer around.

This is a good thing because it shows that are Troops are there for a reason. A man who is responsible for all of the deaths on 9/11 and other terrorist related acts is finally served with justice. Events like these are rare in America and should be treasured. They are those feel good moments where you feel really patriotic and proud of your country. It's a good moment that brings forth a lot of good emotion.

I usually try to keep my posts clean, but this one I will break my own personal rule.

As a Navy veteran, I am so glad that that fuckhead Osama bin Laden has been killed. The man who masterminded the worst attack on the United States since the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor has been killed and brought to justice. This is the best fuckin news I've seen in a long time! Rot in hell, you miserable piece of shit!!

Yeah this is bloody fantastic. The guy orchestrated and masterminded one of the worst attacks on human life in many decades, and should rightly be dead. All the pain and all the suffering people have endured at the hands of Bin Laden seeing loved ones die at his peril, it's great to finally see him done with. People all over America, and the world will be rejoicing now that he's dead, and although it's took a long time, the troops finally got the job done and I salute them for doing so. Bin Laden can rot in hell.

I guess this will go down in many peoples' lives as one of those "what were you doing when it happened" or "where were you when it happened" moments. This really is great news. The mastermind behind one of the worst attack on American soil gets justice served to him. This news will go down in history as one of the moments Americans (and others) will remember and treasure for the rest of their lives.

I want to say that the number one thing that everyone should be doing right now is thanking a soldier. They are the reason that we've finally taken out this mass murderer and they deserve more thanks and credit thank they will ever get. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS! THANK A SOLDIER!

This is a great day indeed. Thanks to the President and the military and CIA operatives to make this happen. The victims and the soldiers have not died in vain.

[YOUTUBE]b8zO_DV09QE[/YOUTUBE]

Wow a part of me actually thought that you were refrencing the Batman: The Dark Knight's plot. Anyway I think that it is good that he is gone. I mean after all the crimes that he has comitted he would have gotten the death penalty anyway. I truly feel we will be seeing the end of some wars in the Middle East because of this because of the satisfaction that people are feeling because of the overall epicness of the event. However he deserved to die and I am so glad that finally he is no longer around.

Well sure, I agree with you but wouldn't it be better if the idea died with the man? A certain cuban leader once said that you can kill a man but never the idea. As long as anti-Americanism, religious fervor, and overall brain washing of people who barely get anything to eat is rampant in the middle east there'll always be terrorism.

I think this is a good chance to do what Bush didn't want to, create a relationship with the middle east.

This is also proof for the 'Bama haters who stupidly think he just replaced Bush. He killed him in 2 years while Bush took 8.

Right wing nutjobs 0 Sensible people 1

This is amazing news! I broke down and cried like a baby, As a vetereran of the first gulf war and i now have family and friends currently in the military this really hits close to home .A great day for our country this will be closure for lot of people. God bless America!

Is this the overall end of terrorism? NO. However this is a great sign and it will do wonders for the American government. I think everyone feels just slighly safer now that he is gone and I can honestly say that I am more than exited to see him dead. I think this could possibly lead to an Obama relection just because of how happy people are right now. Honestly though this is a great moment.

I don't really feel safer, in fact I'd say that this moment makes us considerably less safe for the immediate future. A power vacuum in the terrorist world and the martyrdom of bin Laden which will come with every second we spend watching people in DC celebrate in front of the White House makes me think that it is only a matter of time before terrorism rears its ugly head fairly soon.

I don't want to indicate I'm not happy about this news, I'm positively cheerful that the military, intelligence and Pakistan worked together to find him, kill him and take custody of his body. But I don't feel any safer today because it happened.

I don't really feel safer, in fact I'd say that this moment makes us considerably less safe for the immediate future. A power vacuum in the terrorist world and the martyrdom of bin Laden which will come with every second we spend watching people in DC celebrate in front of the White House makes me think that it is only a matter of time before terrorism rears its ugly head fairly soon.

I don't want to indicate I'm not happy about this news, I'm positively cheerful that the military, intelligence and Pakistan worked together to find him, kill him and take custody of his body. But I don't feel any safer today because it happened.

The next few days and weeks are going to be very interesting to say the least. To think this is the end of the war on terror is foolish. Whether it's al-Zawahiri, or that American freak who burned his passport, or any other crazy who thinks America's the evil empire, someone will fill the void and possibly rally al Qaeda.

However, this moment is great, and God Bless the men and women who brought this bastard to justice. Hopefully he enjoys getting fucked in the ass by 72 virgins in hell.

I'm glad Obama got him after Bush kept him safe for 7 years. Imagine if the republicans won in 08 we'd never have brought him to justice.

I usually try to keep my posts clean, but this one I will break my own personal rule.

As a Navy veteran, I am so glad that that fuckhead Osama bin Laden has been killed. The man who masterminded the worst attack on the United States since the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor has been killed and brought to justice. This is the best fuckin news I've seen in a long time! Rot in hell, you miserable piece of shit!!

I'm sorry, as much as this news story has already come to annoy me - this specific post can not be ignored. This is the exact thing that people, Americans, should be ashamed of. Let me take two specific pieces out of the above quoted post..

As a Navy veteran, I am so glad that that fuckhead Osama bin Laden has been killed...

First; as a Military Service Veteran, regardless what Branch, you should be ASHAMED of the fact that you're talking in this manner. I don't care if this draws your anger, or flame worthy replies - the fact remains, whether you, or anyone else fully understood it; as a Military Service Member - your goal is to fight for PEACE, not war.

So, to rejoice so greatly over anyone's death is a big concern I have with a Member of a service dedicated to fight for peace. If your goal is peace, the last thing you should be happy over, much less rejoicing in; is the death of anyone. Now, I understand it's an emotion and a very good one to have - we've come a long way from 9/11, but that brings me to this second point..

Rot in hell, you miserable piece of shit!!

Was that truly needed? Once again, emotions are running on high in this situation.. but coming from a Vet, of all people; is wanting someone to continue to suffer even beyond death.. is that what you want the children looking on, to grow up in wanting? For someone they "dislike/hate/loathe" to rot to the fullest?

Was the guy one of the worst people we've ever come to know? Absolutely, and you'd be insane to think otherwise. Bin Laden was a very evil individual, and this mark in history is very "bright" to the United States because of a situation that MOST of us have moved on from, and put behind us.

This is almost an unsure neutral thing, good and bad both, purely because the majority of the Country has moved on from the terrible date in time, almost 10 years ago; and now, we've all be thrust right back into remembering that horrific moment, just so we can be blankly satisfied with empty justice in knowing a face, a figurehead behind one of the worst moments in history - is finally dead. But the war will never be over. And the lives lost, unfortunately, will never be brought back.

I'm happy to those who have their closure, and I'm sorry for everyone who lost anything during that day; be it a Family member, Friend, Partner, or just something as small - yet big - as hope, or security. But killing, regardless of what side, regardless of by who, to who, or for what reason.. is wrong. It does not resolve anything, it only causes more problems; and if someone were to ask me what my worst fear would be from this situation - it'd be the backlash that we could have coming, because it's obvious neither side will simply let the other have the "last moment" and be the bigger person.

10 Years have passed.. Bin Laden deserved death in some manner, but he deserved to pay for his crimes; NOT KILLED INSTANTLY. Does NO ONE get it? That's what he ultimately hoped if ever caught. He wanted to die as a martyr, instead of put behind bars - or taken in to "justice". He wanted shot/murdered through his people's eyes, so they'd have MORE to fight us for, to believe in him for. And we just gave it to them.

Anyone who believed in him, now believes even harder, even more - because he died via gun fire, he died because he "refused" to come willingly, and our peace-fighting Military members were all too accepting to kill him if he wanted to be, instead of being bigger and taking him to the proper justice he deserved.

We needed to be the bigger person in this situation, we needed to end the blood shed and bring him to justice. Not just continue to add more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back