FINALLY!! Osama Bin Laden Has Been Killed!!

I called you a fucktard because that is what someone like you is. You wanted to pretend that all of the intelligence gathered during the Bush Adminstration that helped bring Bin Laden down was absolutely irrelevant, and that it was 100% completely Obama's accomplishment. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say, and I think deep down you know it was. If you had ANY clue whatsoever about the world around you, you might understand that the information Obama saw that gave him the reason to give the green light came from previous information, which came from information that was obtained before that. In order to get Bin Laden, a whole lot of intelligence had to be built upon other intelligence that was developed off of yet more intelligence. The intelligence that Obama saw was not created in a vacuum, it took YEARS of developing to get to that point. But, like a fucktard, you ignored all of that. You tried to make it a competition between Bush and Obama, that Bush failed and Obama succeeded, and think that it doesn't go any deeper than that. The truth is, without information that was obtained by BOTH administrations, we aren't having this discussion. This was a team effort, and if you are too dumb to see that, then I 100% stand by the fucktard comment. Even President Obama acknowledged that it was a team effort, by the fact that he contacted Bush immediately after it happened to let him know. Why would he do that, if he didn't understand that the intelligence gathered during the Bush Administration proved valuable?

On top of that, you then claimed that Bush was keeping Bin Laden safe, and that Republicans secretly didn't want Bin Laden caught by implication, which has to be one of the stupidest, most incredibly ignorant comments ever. The fact that you still don't understand that only proves my point further.

When you say fucktard worthy things, you get called a fucktard.

Wow, you got all of that from my short comment? No wonder you got so worked up. Take a deep breath and relax, it'll be ok. I didn't imply ALL registered republicans didn't want to find Bin Laden. Just a few. The more excuses for illegal wars the better. Obama doesn't play those games. Although now that i think of it, most republicans seemed to be alot more interested in finding Obama's birth certificate than Osama's death certificate.
And the Bush comment was alluding to the documented connections between the Bush and Bin Laden families. Gathered intelligence? Experts say he may have been in that compound since 2005, while we were told he was hiding in caves. Way to go Bush Administration intelligence! You could've just ignored my little comment but instead you got all flared up and busted out your thesaurus for words like "fucktard". People like you called Copernicus a fucktard too for his "far out" theories. Google him, you'll see what I'm talking about. Today I proudly wore my star spangled Obama shirt to celebrate our president and country, and desert camo shorts to honor our military. So DON'T try even try to call me unpatriotic/unamerican.

Im neutral because how people celebrates one mans death you know 911 was an inside job by George bush & illuminati so war can happen osama was the victim here

To me this is bullshit. Show me the body. They have a video of them hanging saddam but not Osama? Untill i see the body, I won't believe it. I think its just a stunt for Obama to persuade people to vote for him again thats all.

To me this is bullshit. Show me the body. They have a video of them hanging saddam but not Osama? Untill i see the body, I won't believe it. I think its just a stunt for Obama to persuade people to vote for him again thats all.

The truth of the matter is that it is very hard to do on the news as their is some regulation as to what they can show. It is very hard for the news to show death/dead bodies on the news as this is not necessarily welcomed by all viewing audiences so if anything you are going to hope for pictures to be released on the internet.

Can I just say, for the record, why can't we allow the American people to rejoice as a result of this event? Sure, it's morally wrong to do so. The death of ANYONE for ANY reason is sad and it's immoral to celebrate it.

To be honest, I think the proper response to Osama's death was that of a bittersweet victory. Congratulations, vengeance was enacted and Osama is now dead, but that doesn't bring back the dead - and I am speaking of every one involved, not just Americans. How many Middle Eastern innocents have died in the USA's quest which started with Osama and became more about liberating Afganistan and Iraq? How many of those people lives have been ruined? I feel like the chants of 'USA, USA!' and other people engaging in overly patriotic displays were forgetting that.

Also, although it's not the same thing and is thus not directly comparable, people keep talking about the tragedy of 3,000 of innocent civillians dying, and how that is unforgivable etc. I agree, that is a tragedy, but your own American government bombed and purposefully killed 200,000+ innocent Japanese civillians. I find some hypocrisy in that.

Sorry, but this is idiotic. If Osama wasn't dead, he could simply release a new video and the United States, it's government, and Obama would look like fucking morons. He's dead - either that, or Osama is working with Obama, which is also a baseless claim.

To be honest, I think the proper response to Osama's death was that of a bittersweet victory. Congratulations, vengeance was enacted and Osama is now dead, but that doesn't bring back the dead - and I am speaking of every one involved, not just Americans. How many Middle Eastern innocents have died in the USA's quest which started with Osama and became more about liberating Afganistan and Iraq? How many of those people lives have been ruined? I feel like the chants of 'USA, USA!' and other people engaging in overly patriotic displays were forgetting that.

It's naturaly human nature to seek vengeance as a result of the 9-11 tragedies. Most of you didn't know anyone that died in or around those towers. I did.

It's so easy to be on the outside looking in. A man lead a following of soldiers for their own personal enjoyment in killing innocent American lives. He claimed that he would not be taken alive. He threatened to kill more innocent American civilians as long as he was still breathing. Now I ask you this... would you like your family or friends to be his next target?

What the United States navy seals had done was what they needed to do in order to preserve lives, our freedom, and to rid the world of a madman. This is where (what you call) "revenge" takes precedence over "moral code" and we, as Americans, can all sleep better at night knowing that the Hitler of our generation has been brought to proper justice.

Also, although it's not the same thing and is thus not directly comparable, people keep talking about the tragedy of 3,000 of innocent civillians dying, and how that is unforgivable etc. I agree, that is a tragedy, but your own American government bombed and purposefully killed 200,000+ innocent Japanese civillians. I find some hypocrisy in that.

Are you really bringing this up? Seriously? Oh, that's right... you're from Canada so you wouldn't know half a fucking thing about World War II. Do you forget that our bombing our Japan was a retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attacks? And do you honestly think that, "morally", we should have only retaliated against the people who pushed the button to kill our innocent American people? Fuck that. We were at WAR. And those who died were casualties of war.

I understand that the same can be said about the lives that were lost on 9-11. So if we want to think that way and label them casualties of war, then fine. In return, we killed the leader of the group we were at war with. We cut the head off the snake. America retaliated and we're winning this war. End of story, you ignorant prick.

Sorry, but this is idiotic. If Osama wasn't dead, he could simply release a new video and the United States, it's government, and Obama would look like fucking morons. He's dead - either that, or Osama is working with Obama, which is also a baseless claim.

Like i said, they had a video with saddam's death so why not Osama. They said Barack was watching the whole thing go down with a camera on a soldiers helmet so there has to be a video of it. Im sorry but proof is the best way to show people your not lying. The government lied to us so many times how can you expect us to believe a damn word that comes out there damn mouths? All i want is proof and untill then i ain't buying it.

It's naturaly human nature to seek vengeance as a result of the 9-11 tragedies. Most of you didn't know anyone that died in or around those towers. I did.

It's so easy to be on the outside looking in. A man lead a following of soldiers for their own personal enjoyment in killing innocent American lives. He claimed that he would not be taken alive. He threatened to kill more innocent American civilians as long as he was still breathing. Now I ask you this... would you like your family or friends to be his next target?

What the United States navy seals had done was what they needed to do in order to preserve lives, our freedom, and to rid the world of a madman. This is where (what you call) "revenge" takes precedence over "moral code" and we, as Americans, can all sleep better at night knowing that the Hitler of our generation has been brought to proper justice.

Your argument is more to the point that Osama bin Laden should have been killed, and I agree. He should have been captured if possible, but I don't think that was really much of a viable option. My point is that the reaction to his death seems to forget the fact that it wasn't just Americans who have been affected, hurt, and killed by this. How many innocents have been accidentally bombed? How many houses have been destroyed? To say, 'Finally, justice has been done!' - what about justice for those people? I think it's conveniently forgetting about those people when I see these sorts of celebration.

Are you really bringing this up? Seriously? Oh, that's right... you're from Canada so you wouldn't know half a fucking thing about World War II. Do you forget that our bombing our Japan was a retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attacks? And do you honestly think that, "morally", we should have only retaliated against the people who pushed the button to kill our innocent American people? Fuck that. We were at WAR. And those who died were casualties of war.

I understand that the same can be said about the lives that were lost on 9-11. So if we want to think that way and label them casualties of war, then fine. In return, we killed the leader of the group we were at war with. We cut the head off the snake. America retaliated and we're winning this war. End of story, you ignorant prick.

The ironic thing here is that I probably know more about World War II than you do, seeing as how most American's seem to think Canada had no hand in the war effort at all. I'm well aware that bombing Japan was retaliation for Pearl Harbour - thank you. However are you honestly saying, 'Yeah, bombing innocent civillian was the best course of action.'? You're honestly fine with the fact that over 200,000 people died?

My point wasn't that they are the same thing, and I purposefully said that. My point is that the American government have been involved itself in very, very many murders of innocent people - both purposefully, and accidentally. I find some hypocrisy in people clamoring about the murders of innocent people on 9/11.

In regards to you calling me an ignorant prick, that's laughable considering your position. Also, because you attempted to educate me, allow me to educate you: One of the most important tenets of debating is not to get caught up in insulting someone who is refuting your points. You're not going to be winning any arguments that way and it makes you look weak. In this case of course your position and your style of argument is weak so I suppose you were just being consistent.

The ironic thing here is that I probably know more about World War II than you do, seeing as how most American's seem to think Canada had no hand in the war effort at all. I'm well aware that bombing Japan was retaliation for Pearl Harbour - thank you. However are you honestly saying, 'Yeah, bombing innocent civillian was the best course of action.'? You're honestly fine with the fact that over 200,000 people died?

Collateral damage? Casualties of war? Ever hear of these terms?

I'm not saying that it was right to kill 200,000 people. But if that was our only option and the only way to protect OUR American people, then so be it. I'm still alive right now, my parents lived, and so did my grandparents. So for that situation, I'm damn sure as fuck gonna be a bit selfish. They attacked us and paid for it. If you think you could've done a better job or made a better decision, then get your green card and run for president.

My point wasn't that they are the same thing, and I purposefully said that. My point is that the American government have been involved itself in very, very many murders of innocent people - both purposefully, and accidentally. I find some hypocrisy in people clamoring about the murders of innocent people on 9/11.

How is it hypocrisy? War in itself is morally wrong. But we don't live in a perfect world. People kill other people on Earth. People want power, money, respect... they do whatever means necessary to get it. But knowing all of this, our country does its best to keep the quality of life of its American people ALIVE, regardless of how selfish or egotistical we might be at times.

No one is saying that innocent lives were taken on 9-11 and not during World War II. And like I said earlier, you're just ignorant if you can't see that yourself.

In regards to you calling me an ignorant prick, that's laughable considering your position. Also, because you attempted to educate me, allow me to educate you: One of the most important tenets of debating is not to get caught up in insulting someone who is refuting your points. You're not going to be winning any arguments that way and it makes you look weak. In this case of course your position and your style of argument is weak so I suppose you were just being consistent.

So your argument against me is saying that my debating skills are bad? In other words, you have no clue how to defend the points I was made and you're looking to derail the debate by complaining because I called you a few names? So laughable.

Before I begin, I'll point out two things. (1)- The following was not directed at me, but I'm replying to it. (2)- The only thing that you previously directed at me has nothing to reply to, because one post was saying you understood where I came from; only to be followed up with trying to argue, b*tch and complain on where I'm coming from.. it seemed pointless to argue with someone covering both angles.

Now then..

First and foremost, I'm sincerely sorry you lost someone you knew during those attacks. A lot of people did, you aren't alone. And whether you want to think so or not, I've lost friends due to this war - and terrorist attacks. Whether you want to think a guy from Iowa has no connection to anyone that was killed on 9/11 or not, you'd be sadly mistaken.

The difference between us is I don't see how blood vengeance is going to solve anything more than add more bodies to an ever growing pile, and just continue the back and forth efforts that war delivers. Well, we struck a mighty blow to them.. .. now it's their turn to return it, so we can do it again after that. It's a vicious cycle, someone has to be the bigger person and just stop - sadly enough, neither side wants to do that.

It also needs pointed out that a guy was actually CUT OFF from the news during an interview - he was brought in because he lost his Son during the Twin Towers attack, and instead of saying he applauded our Country for finally killing Bin Laden; he actually began a very long rant about how he was against what we have done, and that regardless of a madman being dead or not, it wasn't bringing his Son back. -- This news station then directly "lost feed" and never tried to restore it. That shows you, that all the media wants right now are people who want to show that they're in full support of this, and anyone speaking out against it - even those who've lost someone deeply close - can't have a voice in this Country of freedom.

This is the only thing that truly annoys me about where you're trying to come from. Of course no one wants anyone they know to be harmed, by a terrorists or a bully, it really does not matter. It's naive and BS to even attempt trying to make a point out of asking something so asinine.

The guy deserved death, and I'll never argue that - but what makes us different from them? Yes, he had followers do his work, they killed innocent lives. We, in turn, shot him while he was unarmed; "all because he refused to come with us willingly."

Are you now seriously going to tell me trained Navy SEALs can not take control of an unwilling suspect? F'n Police officers deal with unwilling people everytime they make an arrest, and yet they somehow get the job done. So are you now going to tell me SEALs (one of the highest honors in the Military) can't do something so simplistic? No - what likely happened is the SEALs understood who he was, and figured much like you - no one would care if they just shot him, moral code involved or otherwise - he would not be missed. And he won't be, by us.

But what this does in turn, is gives everyone we were fighting against even more rage and fuel for the fire - that we killed their leader, UNARMED, all because he'd never come with us.. as if he could literally just fight off a team of SEALs from taking him, willingly or otherwise.

The SEALs did what they felt they needed to do; as more reports come through - they acted on their own and not under the orders given. They drew a line in the sand between whether to try capturing him, or simply killing him. They did what the majority of America wanted.. but asking if it was right or wrong won't be fully known until we're out of the woods, so to speak.

If the Muslim world responds because of how he was killed, if a single (yet equally large attack to the Towers) happens and they say it was in regard/response to how we shot an unarmed "man/terrorist", then all this was is another cycle.

As for sleeping better, I was sleeping just fine before all of us were jumping the alert level for a terrorist attack up to the fullest. I have a Family to look after, a job to go to, and a home to pay for. I have my own laundry list of life issues that takes up plenty of my time, not to wonder if the Ammunition Plant nearby is going to suddenly become a target of any kind.

I end with saying I understand why we did what we did, but I'm asking the simple question of.. "When will enough be enough?" They won't stop, and for 10 years we've slown recovered from a horrific date in time. For 10 years, we've been overseas killing their own and ours. We finally got their leader, and we still can never pull out from over there.. so, is it over? Will it ever be?

I hope the Terrorists surrender like the majority seem to believe will happen with their leader gone. But I'm not that naive in belief, and considering they had a new leader for the past couple of years - the guy we got, wasn't even the main guy anymore. He was a guy waiting for death, and got it earlier than expected.

I'm proud and happy to live in a Country that wants to represent freedom. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with every single thing they do. If I were forced to, then we truly would be no better than the Countries we're at war against.

Collateral damage? Casualties of war? Ever hear of these terms?

I'm not saying that it was right to kill 200,000 people. But if that was our only option and the only way to protect OUR American people, then so be it. I'm still alive right now, my parents lived, and so did my grandparents. So for that situation, I'm damn sure as fuck gonna be a bit selfish. They attacked us and paid for it. If you think you could've done a better job or made a better decision, then get your green card and run for president.

The point isn't whether the 200,000+ killed in the American nuclear bombings of Japan were casualties of war, it's that the Americans killed 200,000+ innocent people purposefully. It's subjective opinion to say whether or not that was the only way to end the conflict with Japan, personally I would say that it wasn't necessary. Regardless, you have people clamoring about the justice for 3,000 dead innocents and how it's atrocious, yet their own government killed around 70 times that amount in a day; casualties of war or not. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be justice for those people, but it seems people forget that.

How is it hypocrisy? War in itself is morally wrong. But we don't live in a perfect world. People kill other people on Earth. People want power, money, respect... they do whatever means necessary to get it. But knowing all of this, our country does its best to keep the quality of life of its American people ALIVE, regardless of how selfish or egotistical we might be at times.

It's hypocritical because Americans are clamoring on about how justice needs to be done for these 3,000 dead people, and how atrocious it is for so many innocents to die - but their own government killed 70 times that many innocents. People are condemning the acts of Osama, which are abhorred I agree, but I feel they are doing so from the position that they are living within a virtuous country - which they most definitely do not.

So your argument against me is saying that my debating skills are bad? In other words, you have no clue how to defend the points I was made and you're looking to derail the debate by complaining because I called you a few names? So laughable.

I have no idea how to defend the points you was made? I don't know what that means. Why would I defend your points? You mean I don't know how to defend my own points? How can you type that after you just spent the preceding time addressing the points I made to defend my statements. If I was looking to derail the thread I would have simply responded to your insults and ignored everything else, I didn't do that because your argument is weak. BTW yes, I am arguing that you suck at debating.

The point isn't whether the 200,000+ killed in the American nuclear bombings of Japan were casualties of war, it's that the Americans killed 200,000+ innocent people purposefully. It's subjective opinion to say whether or not that was the only way to end the conflict with Japan, personally I would say that it wasn't necessary. Regardless, you have people clamoring about the justice for 3,000 dead innocents and how it's atrocious, yet their own government killed around 70 times that amount in a day; casualties of war or not. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be justice for those people, but it seems people forget that.

But who said that killing those 200,000+ people was OK while losing 3,000 of our own was horrific? No one is arguing that point. You plucked it out of thin air as if I showed no remorse for those other people.

I am not an advocate of killing anyone or anything. However, I am all for my country protecting my freedom. If that was the measure they felt they needed to take in order to preserve my country's people, then so be it.

It's hypocritical because Americans are clamoring on about how justice needs to be done for these 3,000 dead people, and how atrocious it is for so many innocents to die - but their own government killed 70 times that many innocents. People are condemning the acts of Osama, which are abhorred I agree, but I feel they are doing so from the position that they are living within a virtuous country - which they most definitely do not.

And I'm sure that the Japanese have always said that justice needed to be had for the 200,000+ they lost. So what's your point? Am I supposed to roll over and play dead or not care when 3,000 of my country's people were killed because "well, we did it to Japan some years ago so I guess they all cancel out."

I never claimed to live in a country without blemishes. However, I live in this country, nonetheless. I was directly affected by 9-11. I wasn't alive during World War II and I'll take a guess that you weren't, either. So stop finding an argument with this "eye-for-an-eye" point that you're trying to make. No one claims that the United States is blemish-free and completely innocent of anything. We fight what is in front of us and what is directly attacking us. In recent years, it has been the Taliban and their leader, Osama Bin Laden.

I have no idea how to defend the points you was made? I don't know what that means. Why would I defend your points? You mean I don't know how to defend my own points? How can you type that after you just spent the preceding time addressing the points I made to defend my statements. If I was looking to derail the thread I would have simply responded to your insults and ignored everything else, I didn't do that because your argument is weak. BTW yes, I am arguing that you suck at debating.

I left one word out of the sentence that I typed and didn't realize the impact it made on my point. For that, I apologize. However, it had nothing to do with the topic anyway.

As for you arguing my debating skills "sucking", that's purely subjective. In other words, I think you're the only one who thinks that. Ironically, you're the one that I'm debating against. Gee... isn't that odd.

But who said that killing those 200,000+ people was OK while losing 3,000 of our own was horrific? No one is arguing that point. You plucked it out of thin air as if I showed no remorse for those other people.

I am not an advocate of killing anyone or anything. However, I am all for my country protecting my freedom. If that was the measure they felt they needed to take in order to preserve my country's people, then so be it.

No one is saying that, and I'm not arguing that people are even thinking about it at all. What I'm saying is I some think people are acting like they live in a virtuous country with all their jingoism, clamoring for justice, etc. That's just the vibe I was getting, and there's a lot of people on the news and such that are saying similar things so I'm not the only one who feels that way.

And I'm sure that the Japanese have always said that justice needed to be had for the 200,000+ they lost. So what's your point? Am I supposed to roll over and play dead or not care when 3,000 of my country's people were killed because "well, we did it to Japan some years ago so I guess they all cancel out."

No, I just think the more appropriate reaction would have been one of a bittersweet victory, instead it was more like, "Fuck yeah! We did it! Justice (for us) has finally been served!" I thought it was over the top.

No one is saying that, and I'm not arguing that people are even thinking about it at all. What I'm saying is I some think people are acting like they live in a virtuous country with all their jingoism, clamoring for justice, etc. That's just the vibe I was getting, and there's a lot of people on the news and such that are saying similar things so I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Because we live in this country and we've felt the effects. We are bitter because our people have died as a result of this war. We also have short memories and are two generations since WWII so there really isn't a point to bringing up that subject anymore. Are we asking your country to answer to us for people you've killed in past wars? All countries are hypocritical at times but that's why they say "all's fair in love and war."

No, I just think the more appropriate reaction would have been one of a bittersweet victory, instead it was more like, "Fuck yeah! We did it! Justice (for us) has finally been served!" I thought it was over the top.

No chance. They gave an unprovoked attack on American soil and started this war. We retaliated. They killed us and we killed them. Like I keep saying... this is WAR. I'm glad Bin Laden is dead. I wish we could bring him back to life in order to kill him again and again. His people took my friends, family, and friends of my family. He deserved what he got and our country is right to rejoice, as a result.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, this more than likely will not have any significant effect in the bigger picture. Like it or not, Al Qaeda seems like a smart enough group that they won't have put "too much stock" so to speak on one person. Which means that taking out one person means little.

On the other hand, even though I was young when it happened, I still remember the vividly what it was like when the attacks on the twin towers happened. Alot of people seem to have the bad habit of softening over time and forgetting. Finally getting the man (if he can even be called one) who stood up and took responsibility and joy in the attacks is a victory any way you look at it. They said they were going to get him and they did.

Oh, and anyone who is ignorant enough to play the morally superior, self-righteous card here that "he should have been taken alive" is soooooooo full of shit. It's easy to say he should have been taken alive when you are sitting behind a computer screen; safe at home.

This is a topic that can be debated for years in the media and in classrooms. I can understand why some people think that Americans celebrating after hearing Bin Laden's death is offensive, comparing it to the people celebrating the 9/11 tragedy. I didn't see any Americans burn the Koran, flags, or memorabilia of Muslim people or Al Qaeda. They were waving American flags and celebrating the life of the innocent people lost in and after 9/11.

Some may see it as a sick display of celebrating someone's death, but I see it as patriotism. We went in and out and got rid of a threat. That is what the US Military is trained to do, neutralize all enemies foreign and domestic. The orders if I'm correct, were to terminate Osama Bin Laden from the President. If someone has an issue with that then take it up with him and not with the military doing their jobs.

This doesn't make us any safer, but killing him quickly and giving him a proper burial at sea is much more then he would give any of our US soldiers. We haven't released the photos or videos of the event. Doing so would be shallow of the US, just like when they released photos of Saddam's dead sons and the video of Saddam's hanging.

I don't agree with a lot of things the US government has done in the past. Whether it was Watergate or Abu Ghraib. It would be a different story if the President had ordered US forces to capture and torture Bin Laden. Honestly I think Bin Laden got off easy. A whole different debate can be brought about whether it was right to kill him and other people in the house unarmed. None of us were there so we can't say what the situation was like. The military is there to protect our freedom and our way of life against threats.

That doesn't mean torture or kill anyone, but Osama along with other Al Qaeda members are monsters that would rather kill others and themselves before being take captive. We did him a favor. If Americans and others can take comfort that we put an end to one of the most deadly men in history, can you blame them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back