Final Round 1; 8 Street fighter 2 v 121 Kingdom Hearts

?

• SF2

• KH

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Due to net issues, pics will be uploaded tomorrow....this round is only a 48 hour vote!

Kingdom Hearts, by FAR.

Street Fighter is a fighting game. They're a dime a dozen. Sure, SF2 is a great fighting game, but that's all it is. On the other hand you have a truly unique game in Kingdom Hearts. Thinka bout it for a second: Final Fantasy meets Disney. That's the brilliant mix of adult games meeting kids games, yet it's completely addicting. I picked it up one day at noon and put it down at 4am. It's simply a classic and has a great story to go with great gameplay, graphics and concept. Excellent game and should win with ease.

KB is absolutely right, Kingdom Hearts is epic in so many ways, it´s not only a great RPG it´s a groundbreaking RPG with an innovative plot.

Square Enix really owns the RPG genre, mixing the elements of FF and the many different characters of Disney together to create a game nobody could´ve dreamed of.

Goofy, Donald, Mickey and many other Disney heroes and villians were part of the game and made the game something special.

Street Fighter might be an above average beat em upt but it can´t be considered better than KH.

I don't know about that KB. KH was a great game, but Street Fighter 2 is fucking LEGENDARY. Half of the posters here probably spent many hours in their youth playing the hell out of that game, I know I was one of them.

I'm not big on fighting games, but we're talking about Street Fighter here, the greatest fighting franchise of all time (though Tekken is extremely close; yeah thats right, MK is 3rd at best). SF is probably going to win this, and it earns my vote.

I think this is another tight one, I was almost about to go with SF2 but when with Kingdom Heart because KB is right, it is a highly unique game and I enjoyed playing it as much as people enjoyed playing Street Fighter 2. Yes, SF2 is the legendary fighting game of all time, but I think that this is really down to unqiueness or legendary status of a generic fighting series. Don't forget that Morkat Kombat was around when SF2 was going on, so you were either a peanut butter or jelly fan.

Kingdom Hearts is unmatched and this was a brill and unique crossover of two franchises, a great game. Where I haven't got into Final Fantasy, I have got into this. The vote goes to Kingdom Heart and I recommend anyone to play it. I really wanna do KH2 now!

Yes Kingdom Hearts is an amazing game, yes the story is completely engulfing, and it set it's self apart from any other RPG on the market. But it's really no fun to sit and watch someone play Kingdom Hearts.

Street Fighter 2 on the other hand, is completely iconic, this game is as iconic as the Konami Code. It's not just a great beat em up, it's the beat em up game. Street Fighter set the standard for fighting games when it came out. The only way that anyone could compete with it was to use actual people as character models and insert a way to actually kill your opponent. Everyone knows down-down/forward-forward + punch produces a Hadoken. Gamers still quote the special moves from Street Fighter 2, I would even hazard to say that more people recognize Ryu than Sora.

Vote for the game that is fun for the whole family, well at least for you and your friends because nothing's more fun than making fun of your friends for losing constantly to Vega. Vote for the iconic Street Fighter 2, it shall set all right with the universe.

Kingdom Hearts all the way.

I'll agree that SF is the best fighting franchise ever and that I've played countless hours of SF2 when I was younger, but I find that the fighting genre is just like the sports genre in that every game produced is replaced by the next one. Many people play SF4 rather than SF2 now.

Meanwhile, you have Kingdom Hearts as one of the premier RPGs in the gaming industry. It's a Square Enix title that has become almost as popular as Final Fantasy. The gameplay elements are spectacular from it's innovative weapons (ex. Keyblade) to its split from the standard turn based battles and free range environments. I mean almost every area of each world you travel too will have enemies. It has great sidequests like searching for the dalmatians and the coliseum battles. The storyline has to be the most inventive and innovative one I've ever seen. If it has been said before it must be said again to mix the adult elements of Final Fantasy with the child antics of Disney was genius.

Quite frankly, I don't see how you can't vote for Kingdom Hearts.

On this one I'm going for KH. Why? Well, cacause of what it pulled off. It managed to cross FF and Disney characters without it looking like a bad fanfic. SF2 is..not the top fighting game, but its a third, with only MK2 as second. Amazingly, my first fighting game was a boxing game...punch out! lol No way in hell can I get bored on that game at all! And you're a liar if you do!

I'm giving it to KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back