Final round 1; 1 Ocarina of Time (N64) v 128 oregon trail

?

• OoT

• Oregon Trail

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Due to net issues, pics will be uploaded tomorrow....this round is only a 48 hour vote!

This is the definition of substance vs. nostalgia. Oregon Trail really isn't that much of a game. When you think about it, all you have to do is figure out which combination of stuff works best and you'll win every time. It's two dimensional and while it's incredibly fun, it's fun because it reminds us of our childhood. On the other hand, you have what might be the greatest game of all time. The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the characters, the story, everything just flows together so well that you'll never get bored of it. It's the definition of what a game should be and this shouldn't be close.

Like KB said, definition of greatness vs. nostalgia. I'm pissed Oregon Trail had to draw the juggernaut that is OoT, but it's obvious who deserves to win here.

I'm sure Lee will be able to better explain just why OoT is probably the greatest video game ever made on any system. Without a doubt the greatest final boss ever IMO as well.

Damn this sucks for Oregon Trail. I loved that game, had so much fun playing that during the 90s. Wasted a whole summer on that trail, dying of dysentery. Come on now, lets be honest, any game you can die from dysentery in is the shit. Too bad it had to face OoT.

Poor Oregon Trail. It's a nice little game.
But Ocarina of Time is considered by many to be the greatest game of all time.

Where to begin?
The graphics, which still look good to this day, and were amazing at the time.
The music which stays in your head for weeks on end... My god I love the song of storms...
The story, standard stuff, but it's still great...
The temples. The water temple still remains one of the most brain bending and genius parts of a game I have ever played.
The Characters. They're all charming and cool in their own way...
The moments... That first time when you travel forward in time, realising you've left Saria behind.

And of course, the ending. Which I will never forget.

Very few games cross the line from great game to unforgettable experience. But Ocarina of Time did it emphatically.

I'm going to withhold my vote on this one, I enjoyed Oregon Trail as a child but I haven't played Ocarina of Time yet. I'm sure Ocarina will win and move on but I'll play it for myself and decide how I like it.

Shame Oregon Trail had to draw the number one seed, perhaps the only other game that could match Oregon Trail in nostalgia would be Yukon Trail or something like Duckhunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back