The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
• Rob Van Dam Def. Christopher Daniels
• Television Championship: Robbie E Def. Eric Young
• Tag Team Championships: Crimson & Matt Morgan Def. Pope & Devon
• X-Division Championship: Austin Aries Def. Kid Kash
• Knockouts Championship: Gail Kim Def. Mickie James
• James Storm Def. Kurt Angle
• Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy Def. Jeff Jarrett
• 30 Min Ironman Heavyweight Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode ended in a 3-3 draw, Bobby Roode Retains

--

Please keep it all here.

I didn't order tonight's show so I can't really give any fair ratings on match quality. Much of the card just didn't seem particularly interesting even on paper so I decided to save $35 bucks and just read the spoilers at the end of the night from a few different sites.

The only thing I can really give much of a comment about is the ending to the main event. I'm sure Styles & Roode put on a good match, but this screwy ending to a match like this really bugs me. Ironman matches are supposed to be special, epic encounters if used rarely and as a blow off to feuds. With Hardy's win over Jarrett, he gets a shot at Roode at Genesis so having Roode go over here in a great back & forth match against the most beloved homegrown star in TNA history would've done Roode some good.

I didn't order tonight's show so I can't really give any fair ratings on match quality. Much of the card just didn't seem particularly interesting even on paper so I decided to save $35 bucks and just read the spoilers at the end of the night from a few different sites.

The only thing I can really give much of a comment about is the ending to the main event. I'm sure Styles & Roode put on a good match, but this screwy ending to a match like this really bugs me. Ironman matches are supposed to be special, epic encounters if used rarely and as a blow off to feuds. With Hardy's win over Jarrett, he gets a shot at Roode at Genesis so having Roode go over here in a great back & forth match against the most beloved homegrown star in TNA history would've done Roode some good.

Roode did go over AJ. Did AJ walk out with the belt? There, you have your answer. He stole one in the end, and while he didn't "win" win, he still has the belt and AJ's goal is not completed. It's the same as having him beat, except that would've hindered his momentum more than the tie. This was a really smart decision by TNA, I didn't think of it. AJ's credibilty is intact, if anything's it's solidified, Roode's still a fucking dumbass and Hardy's the next in line. Now they can do a triple threat for the next PPV and I'm sure it's going to be an awesome match. AJ included in anything raises the quality level. Plus AJ gets to stay in the Main Event for one more month. All positives, no negatives.

• Rob Van Dam Def. Christopher Daniels - Nice, clean wrestling match. As clean as a Daniels match can be. Enjoyed it. Now both of them can move on or something. Not really interested in what Bob does, but I am interested to see where Daniels goes next.

• Television Championship: Robbie E Def. Eric Young - Good. Robbie E. is on the rise. Hopefully his next feud will be with someone who matters. Maybe Van Dam?

• Tag Team Championships: Crimson & Matt Morgan Def. Pope & Devon - Thank the Lord Pope and Devon didn't win. I can't stand this Pope-Devon shit anymore. End it already.

• X-Division Championship: Austin Aries Def. Kid Kash - Good. Too soon for Aries to lose the strap. If he does he should lose it to Jesse. That kid is amazing.

• Knockouts Championship: Gail Kim Def. Mickie James - One of the better women's matches I've seen in a while. Super Mickie didn't win? Hmmm.

• James Storm Def. Kurt Angle - a clean win over Kurt Angle? First of all, if more guys had Angle's attitude wrestling wouldn't suck as much as it does these days. Second of all, it's great to see Storm on the rise. I've been amazed by how good the guy is getting and this win is only making him stand out in people's eyes. Good job TNA.

• Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy Def. Jeff Jarrett - No ... way! Hardy won, we move on. Hey that rhymes!

• 30 Min Ironman Heavyweight Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode ended in a 3-3 draw, Bobby Roode Retains - Fantastic match, the ending made sense in the long run. For now? TNAZ SO STUPIDZ DEY WAYSTED TE PPF!!!

Seemed like a decent PPV but i just didnt see the urge to spend 35 dollars to order it!! I always read the spoilers in Wrestlezone when it comes to TNA!! I have never ordered a TNA PPV and never will!! I like TNA but with fantastic matches on spike feels like they give away alot for free so whats the point in ordering a PPV??

Looked to be a pretty good PPV. The Hardy versus Jarrett match is the main thing that I wanted to see along with Storm vs Angle but with the Cowboys on I decided not to order it.

Funniest thing of the night is that a PPV titled Final Resolution has its main event end in a Draw. That is laugh out loud funny

It was a pretty solid PPV. I think they are setting up a Roode/Hardy/Styles match at the next PPV, which makes sense because Styles doesn't really have anything else to do. So if you want him on the card, this is really the only way to do it. It will also make Roode look stronger if he wins, because he will have beaten 2 top faces.

Judging by Angle's reaction afterwards, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the end of his feud with Storm. It was a good match, not great. I'm not sure Storm was healthy. But Angle isn't done with his anger at Storm, & both guys need something to do at the next PPV, so there will be a rematch.

Jarrett/Hardy was well done. Interesting to see who gets fired from the Jarrett family.

The X division match was good, & it's the right move to have Aries keep the title. I'm not sure who he can face next though, unless someone is returning who hasn't been around for a while.

RVD/Daniels: Eh, I think both guys' better days have passed. RVD looked really overweight. But it was a decent start to the match.

Also glad that Robbie E kept the TV title. He isn't my favorite, but you can't have Eric Young hold a title. Let him do his comedy, but he can't be a champion.

Tag titles match: they are still in a holding pattern there. No real competition for the champions as of yet. They needed to keep the titles, but I'm not sure where they go from here.

Roode did go over AJ. Did AJ walk out with the belt? There, you have your answer. He stole one in the end, and while he didn't "win" win, he still has the belt and AJ's goal is not completed. It's the same as having him beat, except that would've hindered his momentum more than the tie. This was a really smart decision by TNA, I didn't think of it. AJ's credibilty is intact, if anything's it's solidified, Roode's still a fucking dumbass and Hardy's the next in line. Now they can do a triple threat for the next PPV and I'm sure it's going to be an awesome match. AJ included in anything raises the quality level. Plus AJ gets to stay in the Main Event for one more month. All positives, no negatives.

Oh, so we're going to play word games I see. Yeah, I can do that too. No, Roode didn't go over AJ just like AJ didn't go over Roode. What we got was a non-finish, that means that there's technically no winner & no loser. The match was a draw.

AJ's credibility was never in any real jeopardy for a couple of reasons. Reason #1 is, quite frankly, he's Mr. TNA and had already done everything there was to do in TNA before Roode ever captured his first tag title. AJ is the more accomplished guy, the one with the more "big match experience" and a loss to the reigning champ in an Ironman Match while "injured" due to the dishonorable heel tactics of Roode on IW this past Thursday gave Styles plenty of protection. Reason #2 is that, to be perfectly frank, this feud is mostly a placeholder feud for Roode. Nobody that's been watching TNA or paying any attention to what's been happening for the past month or so can really believe that Styles was going to walk out last night with the title. I don't think any of them are foolish enough to render pretty much EVERYTHING they've done with the TNA WHC for 70-75% of this year meaningless by having Roode's 1st reign end so soon. They've played hot potato enough with the title this year as it is so a solid reign with a fresh champ is something that even Dixie knows the company has needed. Unless TNA just suddenly loses faith in Roode as they have in other younger guys in the company over this year, his title run won't be in any legit jeopardy until his feud with James Storm resumes. So yeah, an actual ending to the match that resulted in Roode gaining more credibility while Style's status as a challenger was protected due to injury and his potential use in a 3 way dance at Genesis is still right there. Instead, we're left with no resolution to the main event of Final Resolution.

Because I'm sure the soaked panties guild is going to go ape shits about the draw for the Ironman match, allow me to start with that one. Also, I didn't find the entire show to be enjoyable, or matter to me, so I'm just gonna talk about key points that I did like.

For me, the match was really great back and forth action with a solid ending. You don't NEED to end an Ironman match with a decisive victory. In fact, if anything, the ending just went to prove that Fortune in fact DID know each other move for move, as it was evident from the 3-3 score. AJ Styles didn't need to win here, but he did need to show that he was ready to be back on top... Which is what he did. Robert Roode didn't need to retain either. He just needed to prove that he couldn't be beaten by anyone, even a four time World champion like AJ Styles. Which is what happened... AJ Styles could NOT beat Robert Roode, therefore Robert Roode proved that he belonged. And before people start going ape shit about a Draw at "Final Resolution" and claim that a PPV name is supposed to mean something... Allow me to remind you that for years, WWE had a pay per view called No Way Out, and until recently, there wasn't shit about the pay per view that made it "No Way Out"... It was just a name, and that's what Final Resolution is. Awesome storytelling by Roode & Styles, nice work by creative for booking it, and even better work building future matches... I can easily see Sting putting Roode in a fatal four way against Styles, Storm, & Hardy... or even just a triple threat match. Maybe not at the next PPV, but soon. Also, I fucking love Roode as a heel champion... he's got such a "Nature Boy" like posture to him. And I don't just mean the Ric Flair one, I'm also talking about Buddy Rogers.

The women's title match, even though Mickie was in it, couldn't have made me anymore annoyed than I have been. I get it, people like Gail for some stupid reason... but I will never understand the storyline here. Why is Gail even given a shot in TNA when she basically said "fuck you" to them and went to WWE after TNA built their entire women's division around her? And why has Madison been booked like a weak link? You mean to tell me that TNA's most entertaining K.O. isn't worth being the head champion? Also, as much as I like Mickie, I don't think she should be the face of the Knockouts. Put someone like ODB in that spot... someone who's an original to TNA, can play the face role, and can wrestle... which puts Velvet Sky out of the running.

Also, Austin Aries in TNA has been very well done lately. I love how they gave him the "traveled" star storyline and are letting him run with it. Reminds me of the 90s when Lawler went to WWF from USWA after Hart won the King of the Ring. I can honestly say that if they had left Aries in ROH, I would love to see a cross promotion battle between Aries & Kash... adds a unique dynamic where they would switch roles depending on your preferred promotion. Also, this match between the two was epic. Kid Kash has been my favorite cruiserweight since the original NWA-TNA days, mainly because he was the best X-Division champion at the time. But he can seriously go, and I don't care what anyone says, he deserves to be in TNA... Maybe not as the X-Division Champion, but he does do really well when putting over new stars.

Angle & Storm was a nice touch on the PPV as well. In my opinion, they worked the polar opposites bit to perfection. Also, I love when two of my favorite workers can mix it up in the ring, and still pull off a great match. Not really one to give a match star ratings, but if I were, this would get a solid four out of five.

Overall, the show was really good. I can't say that I wasted my 35 bucks because I actually paid to see some entertaining story telling and ring work, and by all means I got it. Also, I'm not sure if Flair's on the creative side of things or not, but some of last night's matches reminded me of his old WCW days and a bit of the NWA days that I saw from my grandpa's video footage.

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the booking of the main event Ironman match, or having that how you end a PPV people paid money for, but it's not the end of the world or some horrible thing. Sure, I personally think that kind of an ending is far better used for Impact to continue a feud and build towards the next match, which is obviously a triple threat and a way to keep AJ Styles in the picture. But Roode is a heel and that finish does play off the old school booking of the heel slipping by, keeping the title, and not allowing the audience and their face to go home happy. There's nothing wrong with that.

People kept ranting on about their hate for Gail Kim before she rerurned to TNA; now she's holding two titles, is in the spotlight, and is having great matches in the Knockouts division. Glad I was right and those people look like idiots. :)

I feel like the X Division, despite having a GREAT champion in Austin Aries, desperately needs a better roster to flesh it out and give Aries exciting challengers and feuds. The X Division is pretty lackluster right now with Aries competing against the likes of a bland, forgettable Jesse Sorenson (however the hell you spell his name), and Kid Kash. I always thought Kid Kash was great during his first run in TNA, when he was a great heel and actually had personality and an image (cowboy hat and long coat). Now he seems to have lost a lot of that edge and personality and having the title revolve around two heels just doesn't work. The X Division desperately needs more flavor and bigger stars to really raise it up right now, I think.. and I'd really like them to bring back Alex Shelley, or find the talent somewhere. It's starting to get really stale for me with the same guys in the mix doing the same things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back