Berserker2%20-%20Defend.gif
Berserker4%20-%20Defend.gif
Berserker3%20-%20Defend.gif
Berserker5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: BERSERKER

LEVEL: 1

AP NEEDED: 100

My Thoughts:
Hey, look! It's that other class we had that we've been ignoring this whole game. Since this is Galuf's last string of class leveling it's time to finally get a class level in this class. 100 points is a lot so that was the other reason it got held off on. The ability itself is useless. It makes whoever is equipped with automatically berserked in battle. Their strength goes up some but cannot be controlled. No thanks. Stay away from it unless you're mastering everything.

JOB MASTERING CHECKPOINT

Bartz-Defend.gif
Lenna-Defend.gif
Faris-Defend.gif
Galuf-Defend.gif
Krile-Defend.gif

KNIGHT: Level 4

MONK: Level 5

THIEF: Level 5

WHITE MAGE: Level 5

BLACK MAGE: Level 5

BLUE MAGE: Level 3

BERSERKER: Level 1

MYSTIC KNIGHT: Level 6

TIME MAGE: Level 5

SUMMONER: Level 4

RED MAGE: Level 3

NINJA: Level 3

BEASTMASTER: Level 3

GEOMANCER: Level 2

RANGER: Level 2

BARD: Level 2

DRAGOON: Level 1

SAMURAI: Level 3

CHEMIST: Level 3

DANCER: Level 2

Other Thoughts:
You should be nearing the last class level for each class now. Some are only one level away from being mastered (a couple of which will be mastered during the next class leveling string) and the rest by now have no more than 2 class levels remaining. Except of course for the new classes, they come in world 3. This was Galuf's last time to class level if you're following my path, so that is worth noting. Krile will be with the party by the next time we level up any classes.

FOREST OF MOORE
My Level: 38 (Bartz), 37 (Everyone else)

The forest is located east of the town of Moore. Make sure you have at least one person equipped with Learning if you want to learn a new Blue spell. See the sidequest note for more details on that.

GALUF & KRILE NOTE

Galuf.gif
Krile.gif

This is Galuf's final event with the party, just an FYI. This is the event where Krile will be replacing him.

I like this event. The music has an eerie calmness to it. For those who have played the game before and know what's coming it is very much the calm before the storm.

The forest lets you in thanks to the branch you got from Ghido. Start out as 4 Red Mages with Learning if you want to learn a Blue spell, otherwise use Two Handed as your other ability. You'll want that at this point so that you do more damage on your normal attacks. Move north in this first area and you will find a chest with 2500 gil. Now go west until you find a tree with a star shining within a hole in the trunk. Grab the Ether from a chest next to the star tree first. Inspect the star to open up a path below the tree. Go inside to get to the next area.

Once in the second area it becomes a little harder to navigate. This is the largest portion of the forest. You'll want to go east until you see a pair of trees in close vertical proximity. Then go north from there to find a chest with 4900 gil. From that chest go east a little and then north into a clearing with another chest that has a Phoenix Down. Go south some and then keep making your way east. In the northeast corner of this area you find a chest with 9500 gil. From that chest go south until you're able to go left, then go left for a few steps, then north and you find the next star tree. Inspect it the same way you did the last one and enter the path to reach the next area.

It's even harder to see and navigate in here unfortunately. In this next area you'll find a cottage just to the left of you. Make your way to the directly right to find a chest with a Goliath Tonic. North of that chest is a save point. Make sure to save. It is HIGHLY recommended that you save here since you will not be able to get back to the save point later and one of the game's toughest boss battles is coming soon. Now go northwest to find a chest with an Elixir. Proceed north from this chest. Keep going straight north. There will be a chest just ahead with a Morning Star. Head left from that chest and something AWFUL happens. Exdeath has set fire to the forest! Scary. After wandering around some in the forest fire a Moogle shows up from an underground hole and invites you down to shelter until the fire dies down.

AEGIS SHIELD OR FIRE SHIELD??

Which one should you pick. The game for some reason allows an option here. Open the chest RIGHT NOW to get an Aegis Shield. After the fire scene has finished the chest will have a Fire Shield in it instead. To get the Aegis Shield go north a little bit and open the chest there to get an Aegis Shield. It is possible to wait until after the next scene plays out and get a Fire Shield instead (not sure why this happens but the developers left it in from the original version) and it is better to get the Aegis Shield instead since there is an item in the third world that offers better resistance to Fire than the Fire Shield does.

In the Moogles' underground shelter there is a spring of healing water so make sure to drink some from that to recover. Once the Moogle by the door moves it is save to go outside. The good news is that it is easier to see now. The bad news is that the forest has been destroyed by Exdeath's fire, that and you cannot get back to the save point. The Guardian Tree survived and that is where you need to head for the boss fight. Hopefully you saved. Head to the west. You'll see a chest that has.... Ash in it. What did you expect? You've just been through a forest fire! There is another chest nearby to your left with a Flametongue Sword in it, that also makes sense and at least it's not more Ash. Go north from the Ash chest and you find the Guardian Tree.

Before going inside turn everyone into Blue Mages (so you do not have to waste an ability slot on Learning for the Aeroga spell) and put whatever you want as the other ability. Head inside and prepare for a boss battle that borders on nightmarish in difficulty. Then, after the extremely tough boss fight Exdeath shows up. A scene plays out then Exdeath enters a duel with Galuf in what is BY FAR the coolest moment in the entire game.

BLUE MAGIC SIDEQUEST (FOREST OF MOORE)
My Level: 38 (Bartz), 37 (Everyone else)

Blue%20Mage1%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage2%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage4%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage3%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage5%20-%20Cast.gif

In the forest of Moore you might encounter Tiny Mages. Let one cast Lilputian Lyric on you to learn it. Simple enough. Once you've faced one switch back to 4 Red Mages that have Two Handed as their ability.

The second Blue spell available here is tougher to learn. The four crystal bosses. Be sure to bring at least one person to that battle with the Learning skill so that you can learn Aeroga from the wind elemental. It is the one furthest to the left and it uses the spell when it is at low Health. This is one of the tougher Blue spells to get.

BOSS BATTLE: Crystal Seal Guardians (x4)

crystelle.gif
crystelle.gif
crystelle.gif
crystelle.gif

This is quite possibly the hardest boss in the main quests of the game. Each one is a different element. The top one is fire, the right one is Water, the one on the left is Wind, and the bottom one is Earth. You'll want to save the Wind one for last to ensure you learn Aeroga from it (if you are trying to learn the Blue spells). If you don't want to learn Aeroga then you can rely on Zeninage to get a quick win. You must be careful because once they fall below 3,000 Health they begin using powerful spells of their elements such as Firaga, Aqua Breath, Shaker, and Aero 3. You could go after one at a time while healing as needed and then save the Wind one for last if you wanted to. A party of 4 Blue Mages will do well here if you have all the Blue spells available at this point. The bosses are not immune to the Blue spell Missile which will reduce their Health to one quarter of their total. They have 7777 Health so if you have three characters ready to go at once you could do Missile with the first character then have the next two follow up with 1000 Needles. Have your fourth heal with White Wind as necessary, which likely you would need. Do this one by one to get three of the four. Save the one in the back for last. Use Missile then wait until it casts Aeroga before using the two castings of 1000 Needles to finish it off. If you're having difficulty and do not have the Blue spells I suggested then just use Zeninage or level up and try again. It's an extremely hard boss and virtually impossible to prepare for if you have not played the game before.

BOSS BATTLE: Exdeath

xdeath.gif

Galuf fights Exdeath alone in this scripted duel. Now other than selecting what Galuf attacks with, you more or less get to sit back and enjoy the show due to it being a scripted victory. What you're about to see is the coolest moment in the game. This is more of an in-battle cut-scene than an actual boss. It is impossible to lose. If Galuf runs out of Health the game is programmed to keep him in action until the battle ends. Just keep attacking or casting as Exdeath unleashes some powerful spells on Galuf. If you do enough damage to him then Exdeath gets angry and casts Holy, Flare, and Meteor on you. It's awesome! Galuf will keep fighting in the duel no matter what. He will end up winning the battle and Exdeath retreats, though Galuf will no longer be playable afterwards. It is very reminescent of the Tellah VS Golbez duel from FF4 and that scene likely was the inspiration for this one, only here it is the villain casting the powerful magic instead. Like in FF4 the villain survives and runs off as the party bids farewell to their ally. Krile joins the party in Galuf's place afterwards. She will have every ability he had. We'll be class leveling next and this will be a lengthy string, including mastering a couple of classes.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: LIGHT STEP

Geomancer1%20-%20Victory.gif
Geomancer2%20-%20Victory.gif
Geomancer4%20-%20Victory.gif
Geomancer3%20-%20Victory.gif
Geomancer5%20-%20Victory.gif

CLASS: GEOMANCER

LEVEL: 3 (MASTER)

My Thoughts:
If you have been following my path then this is the first class you will have mastered fully. Light Step lets you walk over floors that otherwise would damage you and this will come in handy in the very next event. It could have been unlocked sooner, but I wanted Krile to get a class level up with every class at least once. You don't need it until Exdeath's Castle either way though.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: SING

Bard1%20-%20Victory.gif
Bard2%20-%20Victory.gif
Bard4%20-%20Victory.gif
Bard3%20-%20Victory.gif
Bard5%20-%20Victory.gif

CLASS: BARD

LEVEL: 3 (MASTER)

My Thoughts:
There are a grand total of two events where this might be useful. Drakenvale (where you really didn't need it either way) and the Pyramid. The Requiem song is the best one as it damages undead enemies. I never use any of the other songs. Unless you want an easier time in the Pyramid then you do not need this ability. Recommended for Requiem at the Pyramid in world 3 and/or for those out to master everything. You've not mastered a class fully for the second time if you've been following along with my path.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: EQUIP ARMOR

Knight1%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight2%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight4%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight3%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: KNIGHT

LEVEL: 5

AP NEEDED: 150

My Thoughts:
This allows other classes to increase their armor proficiency. Caster classes in particular would benefit from this, and your Mimes in world 3 will too. I recommend it so you can give better defensive gear to the Mimes. You'll want that at the end of the game unless you're sticking with Freelancers. Recommended for everyone.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: HP +20%

Monk1%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk2%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk4%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk3%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: MONK

LEVEL: 6

My Thoughts:
Identical to the previous Monk ability, HP +10%, only with a 20% boost instead of 10%. Despite being a larger boost it's still not a necessary ability. The monk's strength stat boost upon mastering, however, is. So go ahead and get this since it's on the path toward mastering the Monk class anyway.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: MUG

Thief1%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief2%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief4%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief3%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: THIEF

LEVEL: 6

My Thoughts:
This is just like the Steal ability only now you can attack and Steal at the same time. Its usefulness depends on the situation. If you do not want to risk defeating the enemy you are trying to Steal from, then stick to the regular Steal command. If you do want to damage then too, then this is the ability you want. The damage is the same as a normal attack would. It literally combines Attack and Steal into one command. I like this one. Give it to Faris or whoever your Rogue type is.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: LANCE

Dragoon1%20-%20Cast.gif
Dragoon2%20-%20Cast.gif
Dragoon4%20-%20Cast.gif
Dragoon3%20-%20Cast.gif
Dragoon5%20-%20Cast.gif

CLASS: DRAGOON

LEVEL: 2

My Thoughts:
This skill lets you attempt to take some Health Points and Magic Points from the enemy, you then absorb them. It works like the Drain and Osmose spells with the downside of doing less damage/absorption than the spells themselves would. It's a fun skill to consider for your casters to help them get some Magic Points back when needed. I rarely use it, but it's worth trying out at least once.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: THROW

Ninja1%20-%20Defend.gif
Ninja2%20-%20Defend.gif
Ninja4%20-%20Defend.gif
Ninja3%20-%20Defend.gif
Ninja5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: NINJA

LEVEL: 4

My Thoughts:
Identical to the ability of the same name that Edge had in Final Fantasy 4 and Shadow had in Final Fantasy 6, for those who played those games. You basically take a weapon or thrown item (such as Shurikens) and Throw it at the enemy. The weapon/item breaks upon impact and is gone forever. If you constantly keep a large inventory of Shurikens then this ability becomes extremely fun to use. You can also get rid of old weapons this way if you did not want to sell them. Definitely get this one for your main fighter as well as any backup fighter you may have.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: EQUIP KATANAS

Samurai1%20-%20Defend.gif
Samurai2%20-%20Defend.gif
Samurai4%20-%20Defend.gif
Samurai3%20-%20Defend.gif
Samurai5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: SAMURAI

AP NEEDED: 180

My Thoughts:
This allows any class using it to be able to equip Katanas. This is another one you will want for your Mimes in world 3 so be sure to get it. Some of the game's strongest weapons fall under the Katana type, thus I recommend this ability.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: EQUIP BOWS

Ranger1%20-%20Defend.gif
Ranger2%20-%20Defend.gif
Ranger4%20-%20Defend.gif
Ranger3%20-%20Defend.gif
Ranger5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: RANGER

LEVEL: 3

AP NEEDED: 135

My Thoughts:
Just as its name implies and you likely already figured out, this lets any class using it to be able to equip Bows if they could not before. While it may not sound as useful as the other "Equip" skills such as Katanas or Swords, there's a rather strong Bow you get in world 3. Plus you need it anyway in order to get Rapid Fire for your fighter so you might as well pick this up too since it's on the way toward mastering the class. This ability specifically is only truly recommended if you want your Mimes to be able to use a powerful Bow in world 3.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: RECOVER

Chemist1%20-%20Cast.gif
Chemist2%20-%20Cast.gif
Chemist4%20-%20Cast.gif
Chemist3%20-%20Cast.gif
Chemist5%20-%20Cast.gif

CLASS: CHEMIST

AP NEEDED: 135

My Thoughts:
Finally! A Chemisty ability that doesn't suck. It works like the spell Esuna to recover from various status conditions for the whole party without using any MP. That being said, I still prefer the regular White Magic since it allows Esuna the spell as well as all the other currently available White Magic spells too without having to sacrifice an ability slot just for what basically ends up being "Esuna All". It's up to you if you want to use it or not. You know how I feel about the Chemist class by now so I wouldn't be recommending the ability. Avoid unless you want an alternative to the Esuna spell or if you're out to master everything.

JOB MASTERING CHECKPOINT

Bartz-Defend.gif
Lenna-Defend.gif
Faris-Defend.gif
Galuf-Defend.gif
Krile-Defend.gif

KNIGHT: Level 5

MONK: Level 6

THIEF: Level 6

WHITE MAGE: Level 5

BLACK MAGE: Level 5

BLUE MAGE: Level 3

BERSERKER: Level 1

MYSTIC KNIGHT: Level 6

TIME MAGE: Level 5

SUMMONER: Level 4

RED MAGE: Level 3

NINJA: Level 4

BEASTMASTER: Level 3

GEOMANCER: ****MASTERED****

RANGER: Level 3

BARD: ****MASTERED****

DRAGOON: Level 2

SAMURAI: Level 4

CHEMIST: Level 4

DANCER: Level 2

Other Thoughts:
You should now be one level away from mastering just about everything except for the basic casters (White/Black/Time/Summoner). The mastering level takes a lot of ability points for most classes so we will hold off on fully mastering most classes until we get access to an ability that helps us out in saving time on class leveling later. There's nothing else you truly need at the moment so that's it for class leveling for the time being.

REGOLE (SIDE QUEST)
My Level: 40 (Bartz), 39 (everyone else)

This is sort of a side quest. More of a trivial note than anything. Remember how in the bar in this town you could dance on the stage for some free gil? All four characters had a dance. Well, now that you have the 5th character, Krile, you can see her dance. It's just about the same as everyone else's but it is worth noting that you can go do this. There's nothing else to do now. On to Exdeath's Castle.... Unless you want to fight the Gil Turtle(s) first....

GIL TURTLE CAVE (SIDE QUEST)

This is a cave northeast of Galuf's Castle. The main path leads to the Big Bridge but there is a somewhat hidden path in the middle that leads to the Gil Turtle hallway if you go through a door south in the middle area of the cave. Follow the path and open the door. Now make sure everyone has Float status. Make them all Freelancers with White Magic and Black Magic. Each step you take in here gives you an increasingly larger amount of gil. With each step you risk encountering a powerful Gil Turtle. In other words, you can and WILL encounter more than one of them. You can get up to 80,000+ gil here. If you survive. Try fighting a Gil Turtle just to see if you can. Other than that, this sidequest is entirely not worth it. You can get more gil by simply leveling up in safer areas. If you ARE going to do this mostly pointless quest, do it now. It's not available in the third world.

BOSS BATTLE: Gil Turtle

gilgame.gif

These guys are TOUGH! Make sure you have both White Magic and Black Magic on everyone. His physical attacks are very powerful and he can also use an annoying attack calle Turtle that hits a character for a lot of damage but can also inflict several negative status effects on them. The best strategy is relying on Blink to protect you and Blizzaga to attack him, he is weak against Ice. Cast Blink on everyone then you will need to re-cast it when he gets through each image on a character. When all four are under Blink status then cast Blizzaga. Heal when needed. Repeat this until you win. He will use Earthquake when he dies so that is why you wanted Float status.

EXDEATH'S CASTLE

Before heading inside make sure you have the ability from the Geomancer class that allows you to see where there are traps on the floor. Equip it on Faris. You'll also need Learning and Control for some new Blue spells if you want to learn those.

In the castle you find the soldiers had been defeated by Exdeath. Go upstairs. The two chests in here have a Diamond Shield and an Ether potion. The next floor has an illusion that fools everyone but Krile into thinking it is a dead end. Kelger, the last remaining ally of Galuf's uses the last of his strength to undo the illusion. He passes away. All the original warriors are gone. You can get up into Exdeath's tower now though and you can see the castle in its creepy true form.

The next floor after this is fairly straightforward. Move along the path until you see a switch. Flip it. To the right of the switch is a chest with an Ice Shield that you can now open since the switch opened up the wall blocking your way earlier. Proceed south and follow the path into the next room, which is also straightforward. There is a chest with an Ether in here, keep following the path. Now go into the next room. In this room you can go down into the lava but it will damage you, so don't. Walk around on the upper path that is above the lava. There is a chest north of the door that you can open for an Elixir. Don't miss the chest east of the door too, you can reach it through an invisible path in the wall. You need the Geomancer's Light Step ability to make it there safely since you do have to go down into the lava to get to the path. This chest has a Hayate Bow. Now go back the way you came and go upstairs.

In here is a puzzle with a skull switch. Step on the skull to make the platform move, step off to make the platform stop. You can use this to reach the two chests and then the stairs. Or just the stairs. If you open the chests you will get an Icebrand Sword and a Kotetsu. SAVE in the next room! Now go upstairs. In here you will see a chest hidded within the walls. Go east toward the chest. The invisible path leading to it is not paralel to it but two spots north of the end of the hall, now go right and down to get to the chest. It has an Elixir. Now make your way over to the west and grab the chest in the left corner by the door. It has 9900 gil. Go upstairs.

CARBUNCLE SIDEQUEST

This gets its own section since this is the ONLY time in the entire game that you can do it. Make sure you do it RIGHT NOW if you want Carbuncle as a summon. You'll see a green summon orb similar to Shiva back in world one. That's Carbuncle, but you cannot get to him. Yet. Go down the stairway to your right. Here you'll want to put your Light Step ability to use again since you're going into the lava. There are two ladders to the right of you. Take the one furthest from you first. It leads to a chest with 8000 gil. Head back down into the lava again and take the ladder left of where you just went down. Notice the skull tile and ladder in the middle. That leads to Carbuncle. Once upstairs again switch out Light Step for Find Pits. There are holes in the floor here. Make your way to the chest east of you for a Twin Lance. Now go to the skull at the northern point of the puzzle. It warps you to Carbuncle. Again, just to make it clear, this is the only time during the game when he can be battled for a summon pact so do it now or else you will miss out on a summon spell.

BOSS BATTLE: Carbuncle

carbuncle.gif

For those who have played later Final Fantasy titles, but not this one, Carbuncle will look REALLY strange to you. The adorable little green/blue/teal canine creature we have all come to know and love as Carbuncle started out as this weird looking green beast. What's even weirder is that while the boss monster looks like this, the actual summon looks a lot friendler, a little bit like the FF6 Carbuncle only green. Maybe the developers wanted it to come across as he got tamed when you earned a summon pact with him? Who knows. Anyway, so you have a couple of different options you could take here. Either summon Shoat and keep doing so until you can inflict petrification on Carbuncle or have Reflect cast on a character to bounce spells off of them onto Carbuncle. When he loses enough health he removes his Auto-Reflect and starts trying to inflict instant death on you, he has about half of his health remaining at this point.

EXDEATH'S CASTLE (UPPER FLOORS)

After fighting Carbuncle climb down the ladder and step on the skull switch to be back in the lava below the room you were just in. Use the Light Step skill to move safely through the lava back upstairs. Now go back the way you went but step on the bottom skull instead of the top one. A path shows up leading to the next room. Make sure Faris or whoever your Rogue type is has Steal equipped since you're about to battle Gilgamesh yet again and he has another set of Genji gear for you to Steal. The others should all still be Red Mages but with White Magic equipped. Open the chest in the middle of the large chamber to get.... Nothing? Try to go up the stairs. If you opened the chest then this triggers my favorite of the Gilgamesh battles! See the boss note for more details on this.

Your prize for winning the Gilgamesh battle was the Excalipoor. No, that is not a spelling error or a mistranslation. Remember how Gilgamesh attacked you for minimal damage at one point in the fight? There is a gimmick to this sword. It has a very high offensive stat but it always does abysmally low damage. It does actually come in handy for something.... It never misses so it is useful for defeating Skull Eaters for high AP. There is a Partisan and a Fuma Shuriken in the room to the northeast of where you fought Gilgamesh. Again, make sure you save!!!! You are going to fight Exdeath next and this fight is one of the toughest yet, and other than the Crystal Guardians in the forest it arguably IS the toughest so far. Make the party into Blue Mages with White Magic equipped, that is if you want to learn yet another Blue Spell. Speaking of Blue Magic.... See the next post.

BLUE MAGIC SIDEQUEST

Blue%20Mage1%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage2%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage4%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage3%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage5%20-%20Cast.gif

In Exdeath's Castle you need to encounter a Magic Dragon. Have someone Control it and then have the Dragon cast Level 2 Old on someone with a level that is divisible by 2. For me that was Bartz. Now you will learn this spell. You can also learn Off Guard from this same dragon. If you've been following along then you should already have Off Guard though.

For learning Level 3 Flare it is a little trickier. You need to encounter a Red Dragon. Make sure one character has White Magic equipped so they can cast Reflect on the Dragon. Now have someone Control the dragon and have it use Level 3 Flare on itself and it will reflect back onto the party. Make sure your Learner survives and then you will learn the spell. If you encountered the Red Dragon with a Blue Dragon you may be in trouble as that is a dangerous enemy party. Keep the Red Dragon under Control status and have it attack the Blue Dragon. Poison the Blue Dragon and then just heal as the Red Dragon attacks the Blue Dragon. Once the Red Dragon is alone keep it controlled and use Level 3 Flare on itself until it dies. If you're not strong enough to survive Level 3 Flare from the dragon then use Dark Spark on him to lower his stats and try getting him to cast it on you again. Congratulations on learning one of the most frustrating Blue spells to learn in the game.

There is one last Blue spell here. Exdeath himself will use it. Doom. Make sure someone survives the battle against him and have him use this spell on them, downside is you have to finish the battle very quickly in order to learn this. More on that in the boss note.

BOSS BATTLE: Gilgamesh (4th Round)

gilgamesh1.gif
gilgamesh2.gif

I love this battle. It is so fun! As you can see in the above graphics our rival has a new form this time around. This fight starts out like all the other Gilgamesh battles. There is some sarcastic taunts, you attack him, you can Steal from him, but eventually.... He changes into his more powerful form. Whoa! That's really cool looking. When he transforms it is an awesome moment the first time you see it and even if you know what is coming it is still one of the game's cooler moments. In this fight he might turn you into a Mini or a Frog this time around so just cast Esuna if he does. Cast Protect to help decrease the damage from his physical attacks. If you get low on health cast Curaga. Ok, make sure to Steal from him again AFTER he transforms so you can get the Genji Helm. It is his second form that has the Genji Helm and the game data treats it as a different boss in its programming. Now keep fighting. Eventually Exdeath gets mad at Gilgamesh and punishes him by sending him into the Void. So much for that powerful new form. That was a fitting end to the fight due to how it makes Exdeath all the more evil by banishing one of his own top minions. Believe it or not, you'll still be seeing him again later. Not as hard as the 3rd encounter where he was teaming up with his sidekick but it's the best Gilgamesh battle because of the transformation.

BOSS BATTLE: Exdeath

xdeath.gif

This battle is so hard that many who attempt it for the first time will be likely to think it is a scripted loss. No, you actually DO have to win this battle. Blue Mages are recommended so that you can learn Doom. Having White Magic for some (and Time Magic for some to help learn Doom) as your other ability really helps so that you can cast Raise and Curaga. Since you're Blue Mages you can cast Level 2 Old on him to take advantage of this lowering his stats. Be careful of the barrage of Firaga and Blizzaga spells that he will cast. This is another fight where using Zeninage may be recommended if you can afford it and are struggling. Exdeath can also use an ability to reverse your row formation. Fix everyone's rows if he does this. This fight is even tougher if you want to learn Doom from him because your Learner has to survive and this leaves you with about 30 seconds. Make sure someone has Time Magic. Have your Time Magic user cast Slow on whoever Exdeath used Doom on. This makes the count down slow down. Now use Zeninage or 1000 Needles nonstop until you win. It's the easiest way but it is definitely not easy. Once you win you are done with the second world. One third world still remains....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back