Final Fantasy 5 Walkthrough With Dagger

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the next edition of my walkthrough series. This thread will function similarly in structure to my Final Fantasy 6 topic. The intention is a nostalgic walkthrough for the game Final Fantasy 5 that shows how to beat the game, but also spotlights along the way regarding the character classes and various other things. Unlike the FF6 topic, I will not be covering all three versions of this game that got released in the states. Too time consuming. This walkthrough will cover the PC version which has become the definitive version of the game in my opinion.

This game was released originally as an SNES title back in 1992 that did not make it to the states. It almost got released as "Final Fantasy 3" on the SNES in the states before FF6 ended up getting that honor, but sadly that did not happen. The game would eventually make its way to the states for the first time in 1999 as part of a Playstation bundle called "Final Fantasy Anthology" that included a PSX port for both FF5 and FF6 (with correct numbering). It would then see a remake on the Game Boy Advance in 2006 with new character classes as well as new optional super bosses. These same extras made it into the PC remake that just recently got released.

Similarly to the FF6 topic, I will be color formatting the text as I post.

Normal Events
The main portion of the walkthrough will be in blue. This covers how to get through the required quests and the important parts of the game. Item locations, how to advance through monster lairs, and stuff like that.

Side Quests
The optional content will be in purple. The first and second world are fairly linear while most of the third world is not, so do be on the lookout for optional stuff which will be in this color.

Character Classes & Ability Analysis
This will be where I pause the walkthrough itself for a spotlight on a new character class, abilities, character outfit thoughts, and more.

Bosses & Battles
All the fights are gonna be in red. Scripted fights against monsters, boss battles, and all fights you must clear to beat the game will get discussed in this color. I'll show how to defeat every boss, including the optional ones.

Other Random Stuff
This is where the random notes will be. Look for them in olive (this color) to find all the most strange trivial things I've found in the game over the years.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in here:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=271599

That thread may be in the WZCW section, but I take other questions in there too. Posting your comments/questions in there will keep this thread from getting spammed up.

Well? Shall we get started?

GETTING STARTED

Press New Game to view the opening scene. You see the King of Tycoon leave his castle on a dragon, a pirate noticing the wind stops, an old man is in a hurry, and a traveler gets on his Chocobo to check out a meteor that fell.

You assume control of the traveler. Use the directional buttons to move the Chocobo to the Meteor site. You cannot really go anywhere else at this time. This is the field map. You can open up the menu screen from here. Once you walk into the Meteor you end up at the Tycoon Meteorite site.

On the menu screen you can check on your characters and change options. Job and Ability get unlocked later so do not worry about them just yet. Item allows you to use items such as potions outside of battle. Magic (also unlocked later) allows you to cast a spell outside of battle or simply view your spellbook. Equipment is how you change your equipped weapon/armor. Row shifts someone from the front to the rear row or vice versa. Save will save your game data but it is only available on the world map or at save points. Quick save is like save but you can use it anywhere and then you lose the save once you re-load it, I never use this.

Config is your options menu. You can adjust the volume of the music/sounds, change the battle modes from "Active" (monsters do not wait on you to select commands) to "Wait" (monsters do wait) or vice versa, change the battle speed (1 is fastest), change the battle messages (1 is the fastest), turn the diagonal movements on/off, view the bestiary of enemies you have encountered, and more. Play around with this part of the menu some until you find the settings you like the best.

You will notice that you have one person in your active party. Two others are about to join, and a third will follow, as well as a fifth who replaces one of the allies halfway into the game. Before moving any further let's take a look at each playable hero.

Hero Spotlight - Bartz

Bartz.gif
Bartz-Defend.gif
Bartz-Cast.gif
Bartz-Victory.gif

Attack: 1st of 5

Health: 1st of 5

Agility: 4th of 5

Magic: 5th of 5

My Thoughts:
There's not much to Bartz. He is the son of a legendary hero, he travels the world with his Chocobo, and he is scared of heights. That is literally the extent of his character for the entire game. Despite being a boring character, Bartz is the best fighter in the party. He has the best base stats for strength and the best Health base stat. At the same time, he has the worst base magic and has low agility, so there's that. You will have him in the party for every single event in the game except for one at the start of the second world. He makes the best potential fighter and is the worst potential caster.

Hero Spotlight - Lenna

Lenna.gif
Lenna-Defend.gif
Lenna-Cast.gif
Lenna-Victory.gif

Attack: 5th of 5

Health: 5th of 5

Agility: 3rd of 5

Magic: 1st of 5

My Thoughts:
Lenna is the Princess of Tycoon. Her name was Reina on the PSX version. I liked that name better, but whatever. She has the lowest base stats for attack and Health, though she has the highest base stat for magic. Her stats might look low other than the magic one here, but luckily the range from first to last isn't very large in this game in comparison to other titles in the series. She is the first to join in world one and the last to join in world three. Lenna is the ideal character for any caster type. She should be your main healer through White Mage or your main offensive caster such as Black Mage or Summoner. It is recommended to make her the main offensive caster while Krile or Faris could then be your main healer, though the reverse of this is a good strategy too since she is the best potential healer AND the best potential offensive caster. She is the worst potential fighter so keep that in mind.

Hero Spotlight: Faris

Faris.gif
Faris-Defend.gif
Faris-Cast.gif
Faris-Victory.gif

Attack: 2nd of 5

Health: 3rd of 5

Agility: 1st of 5

Magic: 3rd of 5

My Thoughts:
Faris is arguably the most popular hero in this game and rightfully so. She is a pirate who ends up getting far more character development than the actual hero, Bartz. Faris really should have been the main hero instead of Bartz. She is a much cooler character. Many keep Faris at the top of the formation for this reason. Her base stats are the most balanced of the team. The 2nd best attack, 2nd best Health (out of the final party), 3rd best in magic, and she has the best stats in agility. Faris is the last to join in world one and the second to join in world three. Due to her balanced stats, Faris will succeed in any role possible in the game. Her agility makes her the ideal choice for Thief. She could also be a Blue Mage, a Monk, or seriously anything you can think of and be great at it. Beyond that she makes a great backup fighter for Bartz (the better way to utilize her in the party) or as a backup caster behind Lenna though Krile is better overall for that. Most of the time I have Faris be my secondary fighter.

Hero Spotlight: Galuf

Galuf.gif
Galuf-Defend.gif
Galuf-Cast.gif
Galuf-Victory.gif

Attack: 3rd of 5

Health: 2nd of 5

Agility: 5th of 5

Magic: 4th of 5​

My Thoughts:
Galuf is an old hero who has lost his memory at the beginning of the game, you end up finding out around 1/3 of the way into the game that he was pretty important where he came from. He will be in the party for almost half of the game. After one of the best scenes in the game which takes place about 45% into the game, Galuf leaves the party. Then he will be replaced by his granddaughter, Krile. She gets all his character class abilities. While Galuf is in the party he does make a decent backup fighter for Bartz. He has great health and is good at attacking. I've even seen him get higher Health than Bartz before, but Bartz's is the highest at the end of the game so Galuf got 2nd in that ranking. Galuf's casting isn't the best, however Krile's definitely is so since she inherits his abilities you are best off training Galuf as you would train Krile. Have him do some of both fighting and casting, with more emphasis on the casting side. This is so that you are better off when Krile replaces him and do not have to re-train her as a caster if you had Galuf as a fighter, for example.

Hero Spotlight: Krile

Krile.gif
Krile-Defend.gif
Krile-Cast.gif
Krile-Victory.gif

Attack: 4th of 5

Health: 4th of 5

Agility: 2nd of 5

Magic: 2nd of 5​

My Thoughts:
Krile is awesome. She is second best character after Faris both in stats as well as in character development. She can communicate with animals and replaces Galuf around the halfway point in the game. She is the last to join in world two and will be the first to rejoin in world three. The thing to keep in mind with Krile is that she joins with all of the abilities Galuf had learned. If you trained Galuf to be a fighter, Krile comes in with fighter abilities. If you trained Galuf as a caster, she comes in as a caster. She is better as a caster than as a fighter though she is capable of doing well in either role. Bartz should still be your main fighter and Lenna should still be your main caster. Faris makes a better backup fighter so Krile's ideal role is that of the secondary caster. I like having her as my healer while Lenna is the offensive caster. It's up to you since she is almost as balanced as Faris.

TYCOON METEORITE
My Level: 1

Follow the path and your hero will get off the chocobo. When he sees monsters attacking the Princess who was in the opening scene.

BATTLE: Goblin (x2)
goblin1.gif

Very basic battle. Just keep selecting to attack the goblins until the battle ends.

After the battle you get to name the Hero. Default name is Bartz and he is the only one you get to name. The old man from the opening scene is here also. He introduces himself as Galuf but has lot all his memories other than his name and that he was headed to the Wind Shrine, he joins Princess Lenna. You get control of Bartz again. Head to the corner southeast of the meteor. There is a chest with a Phoenix Down. Now go back to the Chocobo. Ride to the left and then up.

You automatically enter a valley area. You'll hear Lenna and Galuf in trouble ahead. You then fight off some more goblins (same battle and tactics as before) then they join your party after you save them. Ride north and a cave will have formed in the mountains that was not there before. Approach that and the party gets off the chocobo to enter the cave.

PIRATE CAVE
My Level: 1

Not sure what this place is called so since you encounter the pirates here I'll refer to it as the Pirate Cave. You will shortly hear this game's amazing battle music when you get your first random encounter. None of the monsters here should pose much of a problem. The party finds a recovery spring. Go back to the water here in this first room and inspect it to restore Health. This would be a good spot to level up but you can come back later for that. You're getting your fourth character soon and you do not want them to fall behind. Proceed upstairs.

Follow the path in here and you will see a pirate using a skull switch to open the door ahead. Go to your left to find a chest with a Leather Cap. Give it to Bartz or Galuf. Inspect the switch to open the door. Now you see a pirate ship sailing into the dock, the party wonders how it moves without wind. You find the dock the ship went to. The music here is awesome. In one of the game's funnier moments Lenna suggests they ask the pirates for a ride. You'll be sneaking onto their ship instead. Go to the steering wheel and the pirate Captain, Faris, finds you. You are taken to the lower deck of the ship. Faris decides to help you the next morning and you now have a full party of four. When the pirate offers to sail you to the Wind Shrine for you, say yes. There's plenty of time for exploration later. If you said no and are unable to get there it is to the north, then to the east a bit, then north again. Save once you land.

WIND SHRINE
My Level: 3

Head inside and go left through the door. Inside are the Tycoon Chancellor and some scholars. They tell you the King went upstairs. There is a recovery water jar in the bottom of the room. The scholar to the left of the jar gives you some potions. Now go upstairs. To your left is a chest with a Tent. Go through the door south of you. The next room has a save point, you can save or use a Tent on that spot. Now go south. The stairs to the right lead to a chest with a Leather Cap. Give this to Faris. Go up the stairs to the left. There is a hidden path, when you see the door go through the door when you are paralel to the spot below the door, to get to the door without going around the hall. Inside is a chest with a Broadsword. Give that to Galuf. The other room on the right side of the chamber is empty. Approach the large eagle when you are prepared, this is the first boss.

BOSS BATTLE: Wingrapter

wingraptor1.gif
wingraptor2.gif

This boss can be tricky unless you know what you're doing. He uses an attack that hits everyone at once so make sure you're at full Health when the fight starts. After a couple of turns he closes his wings. Do NOT attack when he does this or else he counters and this attack could defeat you if you weren't prepared. Attack once he opens his wings again. Level up to level 4 at the first floor if this is too difficult. It shouldn't be, but he is tougher than most first bosses tend to be in these games.

WIND SHRINE (CONTINUED)
My Level: 3

Go up the stairs the eagle was guarding. To your right in this room by the southeastern corner is a chest with a Staff. Go through the door to reach the crystal chamber. The crystal had already shattered. The King of Tycoon tells you to seek the other crystals and then floats away. You get your first character classes from the crystal fragments. Knight, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, and Blue Mage. Make all four characters a Monk and then exit through the warp panel north of you. The reason you want them as Monks is because the first ability you need (Barehanded) comes from the Monk class.

JOB TUTORIAL
Now for what this game is famous for. The best version of the series' Job system. Your heroes can each select one of the available jobs to learn abilities from. You gain points toward unlocking abilities in each fight you win under a specified job, then when you master it then your Freelancer stats get a bump if the job had a better base stat than your Freelancer does. For example mastering Monk bumps your strength, mastering Summoner bumps your magic, and so forth. You do not have to master any job though I know all the completionists will want to learn every ability for every character and some jobs are highly recommended that you fully master anyway. I go into more details on the abilities themselves with more spotlights on them as the game proceeds. You can master each job the moment you get them, but then where is the fun in that? It takes FOREVER and also makes the game too easy. Here is what I do.... For the caster jobs, level up to where you can use the best spells available so far after you purchase new spells, then level up fighter classes so that they have more ability points needed to unlock their next skill than your caster types, except for Red Mage which I suggest you level up as you are adventuring. That's the best way to go about it if you want to master every class without it taking an eternity. Or if you're not looking to master everything then have Bartz do the fighter classes, Lenna as a healer or supportive caster, Galuf/Krile as the other type of caster, and Faris as a secondary to anything. That is what I recommend but how you set up your party is up to you in the end.

CLASS SPOTLIGHT: Knight

Knight1.gif
Knight2.gif
Knight4.gif
Knight3.gif
Knight5.gif

Stat Adjustments:

Strength +23
Agility +1
Stamina +20
Magic -14

Abilities :
Level 1: Cover (10 points)
Level 2: Guard (30 points)
Level 3: Two-Handed (50 points)
Level 4: Equip Shields (100 points)
Level 5: Equip Armor (150 points)
Level 6: Equip Swords (350 points)​

My Thoughts:
If you're not out to master every job, you do not need to go beyond level 3. Two-Handed might help at some points since it allows you to inflict twice the damage with a Sword/Katana/Axe you are wielding. Better abilities are out there. As far as the equipment proficiency abilities go, they aren't useful unless you're wanting to add them to the Mime class late in the game. If you want a Mime who can use the ultimate Swords in the game then master this class, or you can just skip Knight altogether. Recommended for Bartz.

CLASS SPOTLIGHT: Monk

Monk1.gif
Monk2.gif
Monk4.gif
Monk3.gif
Monk5.gif

Stat Adjustments:

Strength +26
Agility +1
Stamina +26
Magic -23

Abilities:
Level 1: Focus (15 points)
Level 2: Barehanded (30 points)
Level 3: Chakra (45 points)
Level 4: Counter (60 points)
Level 5: HP +10% (100 points)
Level 6: HP +20% (150 points)
Level 7: HP +30% (300 points)​

My Thoughts:
You'll want to master Monk completely. Mastering it grants the highest stat bump to Strength and Stamina of any job. Beyond that you at the very least need to get to level 2 for Barehanded which is useful for leveling up the caster classes for unlocking abilities without having to buy caster classes any new weapons until late in the game. The HP buffing abilities aren't truly necessary since you'll be on a high level by the end, but you get them anyway by mastering the class. For the Strength stat bump it is highly recommended that all characters master this one by the end of the game.

CLASS SPOTLIGHT: Thief

Thief1.gif
Thief2.gif
Thief4.gif
Thief3.gif
Thief5.gif

Stat Adjustments:

Strength +1
Agility +16
Stamina +2
Magic -6

Abilities:
Level 1: Find Passages (10 points)
Level 2: Flee (20 points)
Level 3: Sprint (30 points)
Level 4: Steal (50 points)
Level 5: Vigilance (75 points)
Level 6: Mug (150 points)
Level 7: Artful Dodger (300 points)​

My Thoughts:
You'll want to master Thief for the same reason by the end game that you're mastering Monk. It grants the best Agility stat bump of any class to a Freelancer. As far as the actual abilities go for this class the main one you'll want Steal so you can try to get some cool items from enemies later. Faris is the best at this. Mug allows you to Steal and attack simultaneously. I never use Artful Dodger but you'll get it anyway if you want the Agility stat bump from mastering the class. You can skip Thief completely if you want though mastering is recommended for every character due to the bump to Agility stats. Plus, Steal is useful too.

CLASS SPOTLIGHT: White Mage

White%20Mage1.gif
White%20Mage2.gif
White%20Mage4.gif
White%20Mage3.gif
White%20Mage5.gif

Stat Adjustments:

Strength -7
Agility +1
Stamina 0
Magic +25

Abilities:
Level 1: White Magic 1 (10 points)
Level 2: White Magic 2 (20 points)
Level 3: White Magic 3 (30 points)
Level 4: White Magic 4 (50 points)
Level 5: White Magic 5 (70 points)
Level 6: White Magic 6 (100 points)
Level 7: MP +10% (300 points)​

My Thoughts:
Highly crucial class, up until its last level. You won't need the MP stat boost. White Magic is the school of magic that will keep you healed and alive so you want to get all 6 levels of its spellbook. If you're not trying to master every class then you can stop after level 6. For those not out to master everything then this is highly recommended for Lenna and either Galuf/Krile or Faris. Bartz makes the worst White Mage but having all of your party able to heal is a good idea. You MUST have at least one or two healers if you want to survive.

CLASS SPOTLIGHT: Black Mage

Black%20Mage1.gif
Black%20Mage2.gif
Black%20Mage4.gif
Black%20Mage3.gif
Black%20Mage5.gif

Stat Adjustments:

Strength -9
Agility 0
Stamina -2
Magic +31

Abilities:
Level 1: Black Magic 1 (10 points)
Level 2: Black Magic 2 (20 points)
Level 3: Black Magic 3 (30 points)
Level 4: Black Magic 4 (50 points)
Level 5: Black Magic 5 (70 points)
Level 6: Black Magic 6 (100 points)
Level 7: MP +30% (450 points)​

My Thoughts:
Not nearly as important as White Mage but it's recommended that you use this class for the earlier portions of the game. Its end-game usefulness depends on what you want your offensive caster(s) to specialize in. Once you get Summoner and Time Mage your casters can branch out more. Advanced Black Mage spells such as the powerful Flare spell as well as Osmose are useful. You won't really need MP +30%. You can stop after level 6. It's recommended for Lenna and either Galuf/Krile or Faris. Bartz makes the worst Black Mage so keep that in mind if you are not trying to master everything. Summoner outclasses it overall as an offensive caster type. Who doesn't love the iconic Black Mage outfits though?

CLASS SPOTLIGHT: Blue Mage

Blue%20Mage1.gif
Blue%20Mage2.gif
Blue%20Mage4.gif
Blue%20Mage3.gif
Blue%20Mage5.gif

Stat Adjustments:

Strength -8
Agility +1
Stamina +3
Magic +23

Abilities:
Level 1: Check (10 points)
Level 2: Learning (20 points)
Level 3: Blue (70 points)
Level 4: Scan (250 points)

My Thoughts:
You could skip this class if you wanted, as learning the Blue Magic spells can be a pain. However, the Blue Magic school is one of the coolest schools of magic in the game. It has a very diverse spellbook with plenty of both supportive and offensive abilities if you take the time to learn them all. I will try to point out as best I can when you need to go looking for an enemy to learn a Blue Magic spell. You'll want the 2nd ability called "Learning" equipped on a Freelancer or on another job you're mastering so that you can learn the Blue spell you're seeking while not having to be a Blue Mage. Scan's not worth it since there is a level 1 White Magic spell that is identical to it. You can stop after level 3 or skip the class if you're not trying to master everything. It's a good choice for any character, including Bartz despite it being a caster class. The outfits make your characters look like superheroes!

TULE VILLAGE
My Level: 4

Sail to the south and to the west, you will get to a town. That is your next stop. This place was available as soon as you got the pirate ship but there was no reason to go there ahead of time. Once you enter Faris and the pirates will go to the bar. She comes back if you try to leave or go to a shop, no worries. Directly to your left is a house containing the Greenhorn Club it is basically a tutorial area that has townspeople explaining things about the game. Visit it if this is your first time playing the game or if you want a refresh on how the game works. Inside the Greenhorn Club are chests with an Ether and 100 gil so you should go regardless, for those. An old man tells you how to reach the chests if you cannot figure it out. There are a Phoenix Down, a Potion, and a Tent inside the urn and boxes next to the chests. Upstairs is another chest with a Goblin inside guarding a Leather Shoes, defeat him to obtain the item.

North of the Greenhorn Club are shops. Enter the weapon shop and make sure you have 4 Broadswords, you will need to buy a couple more since you probably only have 2. At the armor shop make sure you have 4 Leather Caps and 4 Leather Armors. Equip everyone. You can equip Faris when you leave town since she's at the bar with the pirates. Check the boxes east of the armor shop to find a Tent and a Potion. There is also a magic shop east of the weapon/armor shops. Buy each spell. Once you buy a spell from a Magic Shop once the whole party will gain it in their spellbook, using it depends on your class and your learned abilities. It is best to buy/obtain every spell for completion purposes though some can be skipped. You'll want all that are offered in this town's magic shop. The bar Faris went into is full of the pirates. Sitting at the stool by the dancers will make them dance for you. After they dance you can get on the stage and play the piano. There is a point to this, playing every piano you find unlocks something later. Faris is upstairs, a silly scene plays out if you go check on her. Bartz and Galuf get lost in thought, Faris snaps Bartz out of it and Lenna snaps Galuf out of it. Now go outside. There is an Inn next to the bar, the barrel east of there has 150 gil in it.

The mansion at the north end of town belongs to Zok, an old man who Lenna knows. There is a Phoenix Down in the bush behind his house, follow a path in the trees to the left of the house. There is a Leather Shoes in the box by the water mill northeast of Zok's house. Inside Zok's house Lenna talks to him and your party spends the night there. He gives you a key to open the Canal to the east. Once you have done this Faris stops going to the bar with pirates every time you enter Tule.

Before going to the Canal, time to gain some class abilities and the first sidequest is available now as well.

BLUE MAGIC SPELLS - SIDEQUEST

Blue%20Mage1%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage2%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage4%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage3%20-%20Cast.gif
Blue%20Mage5%20-%20Cast.gif

We have the opportunity to learn some Blue spells for the first time now. It is best to learn them as soon as possible so none are forgotten. Make sure everyone is either a Blue Mage or has the Learning ability equipped. One person who either has "Learning" equipped or is a Blue Mage must be hit by the Blue spell and survive the battle in good status in order to learn it, then all characters gain access to it in their spellbook. The first will be Goblin Punch. Go to the Wind Shrine and enter a battle with a Black Goblin. Defeat the other enemies except for the Black Goblin, then he'll use Goblin Punch and you will learn it. Regular Goblins use it too but this is a better method to learn it. Stay in the Wind Shrine and look for a Mold Wind in the room where the eagle was. They might use Aero, you will learn it. One more. Go to the Pirate Cave and look for Steel Bats. They use Vampire and you can learn that from them. Now you're done and you have your first three Blue spells!

RETURN TO THE PIRATE BASE - SIDEQUEST

You will see Boco followed you into the cave, if you went back to the entrance of the cave to look for the Steel Bats. Go to the Pirate Base. The pirate in the far left corner gives you some potions. The room above this pirate has a door leading to three chests containing a Tent, Ether, and 300 gil. To open that door press the skull switch south of the pirate who gave you the potions. You will find Boco in the room to the right of the three chest room. That's all for this sidequest.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: FOCUS

Monk1%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk2%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk4%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk3%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: MONK

LEVEL: 1

AP NEEDED: 15

My Thoughts:
This ability lets you focus (as the name implies) your strength to inflict more damage on a physical attack. The resulting attack can be up to twice as strong as a normal attack would have been. Since I recommend fully mastering Monk, this would clearly fall under the recommended abilities regardless. I never really use it. It's the first ability I get though because I try to obtain the one that comes on the next Monk level immediately.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: BAREHANDED

Monk1%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk2%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk4%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk3%20-%20Defend.gif
Monk5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: MONK

LEVEL: 2

AP NEEDED: 30

My Thoughts:
This allows you to do as much damage on normal attacks as a Monk would, without equipping a weapon. It is highly recommended that you obtain this ability immediately. It makes it a breeze to level up the caster classes for the first half of the game and it remains useful for quite some time. As for use in progression in the game, this ability will lose some of its usefulness in the actual quests later on. However, if you want a caster who can fight with more than a Staff or a Rod, this is the ability for you. I would argue that up until Galuf's Castle in the second world it is THE most important ability for assistance in leveling up classes. Saves you money on weapons for a bit too. Trust me. You'll be glad you did when it comes time to level up your White Mages.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: COVER

Knight1%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight2%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight4%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight3%20-%20Defend.gif
Knight5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: KNIGHT

AP NEEDED: 10

My Thoughts:
This ability allows you to take hits for allies who are in critically weak status (when the hero's graphic is on their knees in battle due to a low current Health count). It basically works like the similar ability that Cecil had in his Paladin form in Final Fantasy 4. Never give this to a caster class. Ever. It is best used by Knights and other classes that are proficient with heavy armor. It's not really recommended at all, honestly. I never use it but I get it now so that Knights can keep up with the caster classes that are also about to get leveled up a bit.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: FIND PASSAGES

Thief1%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief2%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief4%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief3%20-%20Defend.gif
Thief5%20-%20Defend.gif

CLASS: THIEF

My Thoughts:
This allows you to see hidden paths on the field map that otherwise would be invisible. Whoever is at the top of your formation is the one who needs to have it equipped. Recommended for Faris, unless you are out to master everything for everyone. It comes in handy early on and all throughout the game if you do not have access to guidebooks or maps. If you do have a strategy guide or images of the maps then you don't need it at all. For those who want the stat bump for Agility from mastering Thief then this is the first objective on the path to that.

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: WHITE MAGIC (1)

White%20Mage1%20-%20Cast.gif
White%20Mage2%20-%20Cast.gif
White%20Mage4%20-%20Cast.gif
White%20Mage3%20-%20Cast.gif
White%20Mage5%20-%20Cast.gif

CLASS: WHITE MAGE

My Thoughts:
The proficiency abilities for casting White Magic are broken up by tiers of spells. This is the first of 6 such proficiency tiers. Each time you gain more proficiency in casting White Magic this skill gets a level up to 6 and at that point you would be able to cast the entire White Mage spellbook. This particular skill allows any job equipped with it to cast Cure, Libra, and Poisona. You would be able to restore a small amount of Health, see enemy weaknesses, and undo the Poison status. I already stressed the importance of this in the White Mage class spotlight, so you should know the priority that learning this ability would have. Recommended for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back