• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FCW>NXT

RadicalCraig

Mellow, with a dash of Radical
fcw_logo.jpg

WWE_NXT_Logo_0004.jpg

So, Im not reallysure how long its been like this, probably a few months now, but I guess formerly FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling), has formed to the former WWE show, NXT (Does it stand for anything?). They changed the title belts, the arena, the webpage, and just about everything.

Im not really sure if I like this. I kinda liked the old FCW logo witht the palm trees, and metalic font. I think the switch was just unnecisary. One thing I do like, is the new FCW Championship title (NXT Championship Title). Its got a real original look, abd it looks kind of old school.

Im not really sure where they are going with this. Not sure if it was ro get themselves more noticed (due to the fact the fans have seen the NxT logo, and can recognize it)? What are your thoughts on the switch?

FCW was the name of the WWE's developmental promotion, so they just decided to switch it to NXT. The WWE has rebranded NXT into more of an actual "independent" wrestling promotion. WWE has been changing the overall format of NXT slowly for more than a year, so this was probably the next logical step.

As far as what NXT means, not really sure if it means anything. Obviously, it looks like it could mean "next", maybe as a reference that this is where the next real stars of WWE are going to come from.

I think NXT stands for New eXciting Talent.

I like the NXT Championship Title Belt. It has a fresh design, yet not over done like other WWE Championships. I like the NXT Arena. It has an “Home field” feel to it. I like the NXT webpage. I really don’t have an opinion on webpages. I like just about everything NXT. What I like the most about the new NXT Wrestling is that it is the best of the original WWE NXT and FCW without their respective weaknesses. I thought the original WWE NXT weaknesses were the “reality show” portion of the show and the weekly challenges / skills competition. That was ridiculous. I thought the FCW weaknesses were the fact that it wasn’t on International Television and the word “Florida” made it seem very territorial / independent.

The only things missing in NXT Wrestling are more Championships. I’d like to see the creation of the NXT Tag Team Championship and an NXT Mid-Card Title, perhaps the NXT 15 Championship. I also wouldn’t mind an NXT Queen of the Divas Championship, a Unified version of the Queen of FCW Title and FCW Divas Title.

I think:

The Original WWE NXT + FCW < the New NXT Wrestling

domestically its a "former WWE program" but internationally its a weekly WWE TV program and dare I say, its the best wrestling I have watched on a weekly basis

I dont see why FCW has been re-branded NXT?

But from what ive seen of the "new" NXT its been the lower carded talent from the main roster having more TV time than they would on Raw or SD.

Ive never seen FCW as I dont even know how to watch it over here in England, but im wondering if the "Lower-carded WWE roster" talent have more TV time now than FCW talent have now its been re-branded NXT?

Before there were 4 levels of WWE roster depth, and with the new NXT at Full Sail it is down to just three it seems. Everything about the set up of the shows actually makes it easier and faster for new talent to rise to the top of the card.

About 4 years ago a new wrestler would start on FCW to the smallest possible WWE audience, with a chance to get noticed and bumped up to ECW. Even that show reached only the most die-hard fans, so in order to make any splash you had to appeal to them. Miz and Morrison did such a good job that they were featured on Raw and Smackdown regularly as well as ECW, but ECW was their roster. Most tlaent who did well on ECW moved to the B show, Smackdown. Very few got opportunities in front of the largest WWE audience on Raw.

With the current developmental set up, an NXT wrestler develops on TV for international crowds and often against Raw and Smackdown wrestlers. Since NXT is the 3rd brand now talent can move onto one of the 2 main shows faster. Also with the brand split almost entirely dissolved there is a much greater opportunity for a new talent to come into NXT and appear in a Raw segment in a short time period. This is a great time to be a wrestler if you ask me.

I think this is a fairly good business decision. NXT has a name to itself. It is more recognized than FCW. Plus, I think it was time for some change in FCW in general.

I am a bit confused. Doesn't FCW air on Sky Sports in the US? Does NXT air now or what?

Sky Sports is not available in the US. The only way most US viewers can catch NXT is via YouTube or one of the other free video providers. That being said, I like the change to NXT. It makes it feel less regional than Florida Championship Wrestling, although to most older fans (myself included), the brand FCW has a long and storied history.

FCW was my favorite show, but now NXT is. I hope NXT adds a tag title, but I don't know if they'll do anything beyond the one belt.

The 2 main things I miss about FCW are the studio feel (growing up watching Crockett and Memphis wrestling, I love that) and the Jack Brisco 15 title. Those matches were always a lot of fun.

I'm also starting to worry that they're not going to keep Carter and Graves as a team. I know Carter's been wrestling by himself lately. I don't know if they're separating them or if Graves is just hurt. Thy work incredibly well together though, so I hope they keep them as a team.

On the positive side of the new NXT, I am becoming a big fan of Jinder Mahal. He has really been given the chance to shine during the gold rush tournament. Some other guys have also been looking better than they have on the main shows, but he really stands out to me.

I've never watched FCW, so I don't know about whether NXT or FCW is better, but the change is a good business decision though, cause all these new talents have gotten more exposure now, especially in the UK. FCW didn't come on any channels here, and if it did come on a channel here, I have no clue which one it was, but NXT comes on Sky Sports which has millions of viewers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back