Favorite Single Branded PPV?

rko57

The Icon
Now when people list their favorite PPV, it's usually one of the big 4 (RR, WM, SSlam, SSeries) and back from 2003-2007 they were the only cross-branded PPV's. My question is simple, which is your favorite PPV event from then that were only Raw exclusive or Smackdown exclusive? (Please exclude the 2 ECW ONS events)

My answer is simple, one I feel might be forgotten, but one that might make everybody remember. Vengeance 2005, it was a RAW event, and man I swear it was one the best 3 hour PPV's I've ever seen. We started off with Shelton Benjamin vs Carlito for the IC Title which was a good way to start off the show. After a divas match, Kane vs Edge followed in a very underrated match that saw Kane get the win even after Lita's interference.

Now we get to basically a 3 match main event, with Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle II taking place in an amazing match, a match I prefer to their WM21 match. Cena-Jericho-Christian for the WWE Title was the next match that took place, with Cena being new to the RAW roster and Jericho just turning heel, it was a very entertaining triple threat match. And finally, the closer of the show, Batista vs HHH for the World Heavyweight Title in a blood bath and easily the best of their encounters. The show then closed with a music video highlighting the nights events, something that all the WM's used to only do.

So how about the peeps of WZForums? What is y'alls favorite single-branded PPV?

When i read the title of this thread Vengence 2005 immediately came into my head. I actually just purchased this ppv and re watched it, and man it was fantastic. HBK/Angle 2 is one of my favorite matches ever. Admittedly I didn't like a lot of the single branded ppvs, but this one was definitely great.

I really liked the single branded PPVs.

My favorites would be :

Bad Blood 2003 :

Goldberg vs Jericho

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels : Awesome match

Triple-H vs Kevin Nash - (Hell in a Cell)

Backlash 2004 :

Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack : Epic Hardcore match. One of the greatest Orton matches ever.

Triple-H vs Shawn Michaels vs Benoit II : Wrestlemania 20 rematch. Great match with Benoit retaining the World Heavyweight Championship.

Backlash 2005 :

Edge vs Benoit (Last Man Standing Match ): Classic match

Batista vs Triple-H : It was a pretty good match with Batista retaining the World Heavyweight Championship.

Vengeance 2005 :

Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels II was epic.

Cena vs Christian vs Jericho was a pretty good too.

Batista vs Triple-H (Hell in a Cell) : Great Hell in a Cell match

Unforgiven, 2006 in Toronto.

I still think about the DX vs. McMahons and Big Show match inside HiaC. This was just a great wrestling memory for me. Moments like Vince's face being shoved in Show's ass, and H breaking the Sledge over Vince's back were great.

The card consisted of great matches like Nitro w/Melina vs. Jeff Hardy for the IC, Kane vs. Umaga, Trish vs. Lita for the Woman's Title, the HiaC, a very underrated match in Orton vs. Carlito, and the end was Cena vs. Edge TLC Match for the WWE Championship.

This is where Trish won her last title reign in her Home Town.
Out of this event, Edge lost and lost a rematch. When he tried to earn another match against Cena, DX interfered ultimately ending with Rated-RKO being born.
This was Edge's first TLC loss, and it was in his Home Town. When Cena hit the FU onto Edge of a ladder sending him through 2 stacked tables, I marked.

I just purely loved the event in all.

My favourite has to be Unforgiven 2006.

The TLC Match for the WWE Championship was a really good match, granted Edge was in it so what did we expect? But John Cena, obviously in his first TLC Match, showed off his extreme side in the match. I kind of assumed who the winner would be, but the match itself, with the interference of Lita as well, made the match a very entertaining bout.

The Hell in a Cell Match at the event was my favourite until WrestleMania XXVIII. The image of Vince McMahon's head up The Big Show ass is something I will laugh at until the day I die. The sledgehammer snapping on Vinnie Mac's head was fantastic. The match overall was great.

The IC title match was also really good between JoMo and Jeff Hardy. And obviously, the retirement match of Trish Stratus. Wasn't the best womens match, but 1000% better than what we get today. Overall, good event.

Unforgiven 06
A few very good matches on the card, Orton vs Carlito was quick and brilliant IMO
Cena vs Edge in a TLC match was great, Some big spots and the HIAC match was pretty good

For me Unforgiven 2006 was the best single brand pay per view. Jeff Hardy Vs. Johnny Nitro for The IC belt to kick off the show. Lita vs. Trish in Trish's last match for the Woman's Championship. Carlito Vs. Randy Orton fast paced great match. Hell In A Cell DX Vs. The McMahons & Big Show was entertaining. John Cena Vs. Edge In TLC for the Rated R WWE Championship. Most other single brand pay per views pale in comparison.

Unforgiven 2006 was a very good event, and it would definitely rank #2 for me behind Vengeance 2005. The TLC, HIAC, Trish's retirement, IC Title, and Orton/Carlito were all pretty good matches and it was definitely one of the best single-branded PPV's

Well for me it has to be...
1. Bad blood 2003- This was an entertaining ppv we had hbk vs flair, goldberg vs Y2J and nash vs hhh in HIAC. also i thought bischoff and austin segments throughout the show was entertaining.
2. Vengeance 2005- I thought it was an amazing HIAC match because it meant alot i thought HHH would beat Batista and it had a great storyline with HHH not being beat in HIAC. also the build was really good with HHH beating down batista. HBK Vs angle was brilliant. Also kane vs edge was a good match with alot of meaning. The night was great for the fans as all the babyfaces won... HBK,Batista,Cena and kane. The coach was a pretty good commentator aswell WWE should bring him back he is better than every current commentator.

Yea, I pretty much agree with everybody here. It's a toss up between Vengeance 2005 and Unforgiven 2006. Both pay-per-views had great cards and the best thing about it was each match had a great backstory.

But I'm giving the nod to Unforgiven and for obvious reasons:

I believe this was the first time we had a TLC Match and Hell in a Cell Match in the same show and both of them were awesome.

Trish's Last Match.

Orton and Carlito had a solid match.

Nitro and Jeff Hardy set the tone with an exciting Intercontinental Championship Match.

The crowd was great.

There really isn't much else to be said. The matches were great, the energy from the crowd, the moments, etc.. One of the best ppvs of all time IMO.
From top to bottom, this was one of the best ppvs of 2006. It's right behind WrestleMania 22.

For RAW, I'd go with Vengeance 2005, for the reasons stated above. Although to be fair, I think this PPV had an unfair advantage due to having both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship being defended.

For SmackDown, I would say No Way Out 2006. The 9-Man Cruiserweight Championship match was an awesome way to start the show, JBL ended Bobby Lashley's undefeated streak, Chris Benoit and Booker T finally ended their months-long rivalry over the United States Championship in another great match, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio had a great match as well, and Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship stole the show in a phenomenal encounter.

For RAW, I would also say Unforgiven 2006 because they had so many good matches:the handicap hell in a cell match, tlc match, trish's last match, the entertaining
ic title,and also carlito and orton.

For Smackdown, I would have to say Armageddon 2006. Same thing as Unforgiven, they also had good matches:The Inferno match, the VERY entertaining, 4 way ladder match, the us title match was very competetive, the last rider was good, and the
world champions teaming up.

I honestly was not a fan of that concept of having split PPV's, the only reason why I was never a fan of it was one they were competing with them selves and how the economy was and some what still is.

if I remember right They would have Smackdown PPV'S at the first half of the month and the last half was a Raw PPV and to me it was pointless because honestly who bought both PPV's every month you had to choose what PPV you wanted to order and it would suck.

I'm not dogging on The Big 4 I love RR, WM, Summer Slam and Survivor Series but putting 2 PPV's on in one month I know there doing it this month Extreme Rules is next week but with the other one's they did for the brand PPV's they could have just had it on Smackdown or Raw because they were they same time as Raw and Smackdown 2 - 3 Hours and the matches were not all that great.

if I remember right They would have Smackdown PPV'S at the first half of the month and the last half was a Raw PPV and to me it was pointless because honestly who bought both PPV's every month you had to choose what PPV you wanted to order and it would suck.

That's false. The only month that had two PPVs during the single-brand PPV era was January, which had the RAW-exclusive New Years' Revolution and the interpromotional Royal Rumble. Every other month had one PPV. It was only right at the end of the single-brand PPV era that they started doubling up on PPVs most months.

Aquaman thanks I couldn't remember if I was right or if I was wrong it's been 5 years so I could not remember but still the brand PPV's were just stupid.

Aquaman thanks I couldn't remember if I was right or if I was wrong it's been 5 years so I could not remember but still the brand PPV's were just stupid.

I disagree, I absolutely loved them. I thought the brand-exclusive PPVs gave each show more time to build to the next PPV, more stars the opportunity to shine, and more importance to the individual brands and their titles. I think getting rid of the brand-exclusive PPVs hurt the product badly, and is a huge factor in why very few people I know, myself included, order any PPVs outside of WrestleMania.

For me, my favorite is Vengeance 2003.

It had a great opener with Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero in the Finals of the U.S. Title Tournament.

Nice little match between Undertaker vs Cena

A FANTASTIC Tag Title Match with World's Great Tag Team vs Rey Mysterio and Kidman

The Main Event Triple Threat Match was really good.

Hmm, Now Way 2004 for me. As it is the most recent PPV I have watched. The matches are fine and some real highlights with Eddie winning, Rhyno/Holly having a nice stiff affair, Chavo vs Mysterio was a fun watch was well. A SD under Heyman was good for me.

For me, my favorite is Vengeance 2003.

It had a great opener with Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero in the Finals of the U.S. Title Tournament.

Nice little match between Undertaker vs Cena

A FANTASTIC Tag Title Match with World's Great Tag Team vs Rey Mysterio and Kidman

The Main Event Triple Threat Match was really good.

I was honestly waiting for someone to say that one! I loved Vengeance 2003 the matches that made it great for me had to be The final for the U.S title Benoit v Guerrero and Cena v Undertaker by far but have to mention the bar brawl :)

Alot of 2003 had great matches but I would also say I really enjoyed Raws 2003 Unforgiven great card that had

Dudleys in their specialty match for the Tag Titles
Orton established himself as the legend killer
Great lastman standing match between Kane/Shane
Triple threat ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship
and Goldberg finally ending Triple H's title run great pvp

I was honestly waiting for someone to say that one! I loved Vengeance 2003 the matches that made it great for me had to be The final for the U.S title Benoit v Guerrero and Cena v Undertaker by far but have to mention the bar brawl :)

Alot of 2003 had great matches but I would also say I really enjoyed Raws 2003 Unforgiven great card that had

Dudleys in their specialty match for the Tag Titles
Orton established himself as the legend killer
Great lastman standing match between Kane/Shane
Triple threat ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship
and Goldberg finally ending Triple H's title run great pvp

You also missed the Steiner/Test match, which was the best match of Steiner's career since becoming Big Poppa Pump and forgetting how to wrestle. Test managed to drag some really good matches out of him in that feud. And the Intercontinental Championship match was not a Ladder Match.

I'll have to go with Vengeance 2005. From probably 2000 to 2005 I had stopped watching WWE, when all of a sudden I started up again and quickly started to love Batista and John Cena( I was 10, gimme a break). I was walking through Wal-Mart one day and I looked at the DVD's and there was Vengeance with nobody other than Batista on the cover. I bought it and watched it the moment I got home. I didn't close my eyes once in that 3 hours, and it quickly became one of my favorite pay-per-views of all time. I still have that DVD, and probably watch it about once a month, and also, who else missed the commentary team of King, JR, and Coach ? Comedy

For me, it has always been Vengeance 2003. We had the WGTT vs. The Filthy Animals, Undertaker vs. Cena, Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle, and the cherry on top Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero for the US championship.

The good just outweighed the bad on this show and I love to go back and watch that show again and agian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back