Branded PPV's

Woul you like to see branded PPV's return?

• Yes, Bring them back

• No, keep it the way it is

• No, i would like some other form of PPV's

Results are only viewable after voting.

Killswitch1337

Dark Match Winner
My question is, should the WWE go back to branded PPV's?

i think that they should go back to the branded PPV's because of the heinous treatment of the Cena/Nexus feud. This was the best thing to happen to WWE in a long while. I mean, how can you end the best feud since Rock/Austin in a chairs match, IMO, the dumbest stipulation match of all time.

Having the branded PPV's would give creative enough time to actually think out all their story lines and implement them.

What do you guys think? Questions, Comments, Concerns are welcome. Feel free to rip me a new one if necessary.

i completely agree with you but vince would never go back there a the momment.

he has the idea at gimmick matches are the way to go these days even though the feel and concept now look rediculase (mind my spelling) is terrible in the PG area for example the chamber does not have the same effect as it once did. but vince wants to have for example cena and orton on the same ppvs every month maninly for the younger ones. also you will hardly see smackdown headline a ppv

I think they should do away with both gimmick and branded ppvs and simply do combination ppvs and maybe do away w/one or two. In other words, streamline the ppvs, give them the "big event" feel they used to have, and focus on quality over quantity. The dollar signs will come, that shouldn't be a problem. Actually, make all ppvs save for 2 combination ones, with one Raw exclusive ppv a year and one Smackdown exclusive ppv a year. That would give the people in the spotlight to shine, give the mid-card more credibility, and allow some others to shine on the brand exclusive shows. Simple and effective.

No, the WWE should not go back to branded PPVs, as it simply does not have the roster depth to manage them. In fact, I would argue that the WWE barely has the roster depth to create good, dual-branded cards right now. If memory serves me correctly, a majority of the single-brand PPVs were of a consistently low quality other than the main events and even those sucked at times. Going back to this type of PPV in 2011 would be a disaster, especially with many fans clamoring for an end to the brand split.

I think a better solution to the problems you are addressing (the rushing of storylines and overuse of gimmick matches) would be better solved by having less PPVs and less gimmick PPVs respectively. Granted, I highly doubt that WWE will opt to cut their pay-per-view schedule even more, as they are very profitable, but the removal of gimmick PPVs could be easily implemented. Let's face it, gimmick shows like Extreme Rules and the like are fun every once and awhile, but most of WWE's events have been gimmicked in 2010, and it's really lost its luster. Cutting back on these silly events will help to avoid forced stipulations like the chairs match.

And I don't think the issue is that creative doesn't have enough time to build their storylines - they simply hot shot the booking too often. Wade Barrett vs. John Cena should be a big money bout, but we've already seen it once and now we're getting it again in a stupid gimmick match. Cena should have to fight all of Nexus one-by-one to get to Barrett and the match-up should be something special. Single-brand PPVs won't help this, but old-school booking would.

I don't think that Vince should go back to single branded pay per views. Just because say, RAW, had it's own pay per view, doesn't mean that it would get rid of 'Chair' matches completely. However, I do agree that it would allow the creative writers on each brand extra time to work on the storylines. Although when only one brand has a whole pay per view, there are a few matches that people would not want to have to pay for and instead watch during a weekly episode, thus potentially loseing buys.

Vince should not bring back branded pay per views, but he should lose the stupid gimmicks as it really does take away from the entire company. An example is of the Hell in a Cell event which was brought in last year. In 2008, The Undertaker and Edge had an excellent, almost year long, feud which contained so much bad blood that they needed to compete in a Hell in a Cell to finish off the rivalry. But this year championship matches were just thrown in a Cell as per the gimmick, without much of a back story leading up to it. Basically, a Hell in a Cell should end massive, heated rivalrys, not just accomodate a title match for the sake of it.

No, for a couple of reasons.

1. That's what you have Raw and Smackdown for in the first place. Brand exclusive shows(for the most part) that allows the mid-carders and main eventers to shine, as well as establishing new talent. The purpose of breaking down and determining who the best fits for the PPV's are is simply done through the branded shows. The guys on the shows that make the biggest impact get on the PPV. Lets face it: Do you want to see Chris Masters vs Tyler Rekks on a PPV? Is that something you would want to pay for? How about Zach Ryder vs Yoshi Tatsu? Because those are what you're going to get if you go back to single branded PPV's.

2. Value Value Value. With the price of PPV's being on the rise, WWE needs to get the best possible matches with the best possible storylines on every PPV. It's impossible to establish enough storylines on one brand to make it a card worthy PPV, let alone sell it at its inflated prices. So they focus on the top 3 or 4 fueds on each brand, and those are the ones that make the PPV. People argue they get tired of the same people on evry PPV, but Id remind you that during the time WWE had single branded PPV's, the company was at its low point in terms of product quality. So instead of seeing a feud settled or furthered on PPV, you would see a random six man tag match. That doesn't exactly scream value.

Quite simply, it would water down the product, and the value therein. With the PPV price increase combined with a decline in buys, WWE needs to put the best card possible forward on every PPV, and struggle at times to do that even with the combination of the brands. The best card is the best talent with the best storylines, from both brands. it would be nice if the roster depth was good enough to go this route, but it simply isn't. So Id say an emphatic no to going back to branded PPV's.

i understand what you guys are saying when you state that it wouldnt get rid of the horrendous stipulation matches, but i can't understand where your coming from when you believe that you can honestly say that they would be low-quality ppv's with mid-carders and lower-end stars(not exact words, I just didnt feel like quoting multiple sources) when half of the guys on the WWE roster have never had a push in their WWE careers. I don't know who has seen them, but the Trent Barreta/Curt Hawkins matches on superstars have been great, and personally, i would love to see them both get pushes; that won't happen without branded PPV's.

to further elaborate my opionion on branded PPV's, i believe that WWE should keep Bragging Rights, and Wrestlemania as dual-branded but make all the others single brands, back and forth, raw, smackdown etc. have bragging rights actually mean something and the seven man tag match that they have for that stupid trophy should be replaced with the oppurtunity to have their title main event wrestlmania. the trophy doesn't mean jack-squat.

I'm checking at the Roster right now

RAW
Sheamus
John Cena
Triple H
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Miz
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison
Ted Debiase
Wade Barrett and Nexus
Santino Marella

Smackdown!
The Undertaker
The Big Show
Edge
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio
Jack Swagger
Christian
Kofi Kingston
Kane
Cody Rhodes
Drew McIntyre
Kaval
Dolph Ziggler

Sure they might have to a bit more balancing but looking at it on paper i'd say the roster of both brands is actually good enough the have their own PPV. It's just a matter of developing the characters and storylines that need to be done. On average you will get 2 to 3 high profile matches and 2 to 3 more upper mid card bouts and another 2 to 3 fillers. Looking at the ration its good enough to make a strong PPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back