• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would having Inter-Promotional Titles work?

Why Always Me

WWF Champion
I think that the general consensious is that the WWE has too many titles (9 at last count, including 3 World titles), and a lot of people I have spoken to would like to see some titles unified, particulary the tag titles.

Lets say that Vince decided to unify the respective titles, and then said that the champs would appear on all shows every week, would this work with regards to developing feuds.

I think that this would be a good idea now that the PPV's are tri-branded, what I would like to see is only one ppv a month, and then when a title match is signed for a ppv, have the challenger/s for the title also allowed to be on every show each week to develop the feud.

The problem with the WWE the last year has been that the supposed brands have not been exclusive, thus rendering them useless. The Brand Extension worked very well for 2 years with them staying to themselves. Then at the end of 2005 you started to see a bunch of inner promotional matchups that ruined the allure of it. That's what made WM 20-21 so good, because there were only those 3 cross promotional matchups a year. We got Kane/Taker, Lesnar/Goldberg, Angle/HBK, and Taker/Orton during that time period. Those matches were special, because the Brand Extension at that time made it seem like those could be one time deals.

The WWE needs a major reshuffling of this draft, and needs to go back to being brand exclusive ppv's and they just need to keep the three brands as secluded from each other as possible. I've said before, they have plenty of people on the roster, the problem is that the creative team doesn't know what to do with anyone. Yes 9 titles is too much for a company, but if the brands are exclusive, then 3 per is fine. I still wouldnt be to eager to slap the tag titles in ECW yet, unless the Dudleys come back. I would move the Cruiserweights to ECW and merge it with the hardcore title and make a rip off X-Division.

Cross promotions suck, mid carders don't have a chance to perform on pay per views, and you have no one that can move up. With that formula, you get stuck with really bad main event matchups.

I would be happy with going to the original brand extension idea, correct me if I'm wrong but was it so that all wrestlers stay on their brand apart from the champions at the time who would move between the two brands.

Heres what I would like to see;
The unification of the main titles (WWE, ECW, world heavyweight) as the undisputed once again; interbrand
Womens also inter-brand
Tag belts; unified
IC belt; Raw
US title; Smackdown
TV or hardcore Title; ECW

This bringing back prestige to the championship belts and pushing midcarders for the mid belts and solving the rather dire problem of the tag teams at the moment.

I have said this on many posts already, so here goes:

On RAW:
World Heavyweight Championship
Intercontinental Championship
World Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship

On Smackdown:
WWE Championship
United States Championship
Cruiserweight Championship

On ECW:
ECW Championship
Hardcore Championship

I have said this on many posts already, so here goes:

On RAW:
World Heavyweight Championship
Intercontinental Championship
World Tag Team Championship
Women's Championship

On Smackdown:
WWE Championship
United States Championship
Cruiserweight Championship

On ECW:
ECW Championship
Hardcore Championship

Okay. I think it is safe to say that over the years, the lines between the brands has become extremely blurred. Example, you have Matt Hardy, a smackdown guy, on Raw teaming with Raw guy Jeff Hardy, and holding the world tag team championship. You also have had Bobby Lashley show up on Raw several times. So the seperate brands have become pretty much non-existent.

As for the titles, I like the idea about the hardcore championship. I hate this ECW but I can see the Hardcore title being like an equivalent of the X-Division title. I think it would work and it would certainly help build up some guys like CM Punk.

Now, I'm all for there being only one kind of tag team title and that they should be unified. But have the tag division on Smackdown and not on Raw because Smackdown seems to be a little more committed to the tag team division than Raw. You have Deuce and Domino, Paul London and Brian Kendrick. If you move Cade and Murdoch to Smackdown and maybe the Hardys, then you have a pretty solid tag division right there. Plus, adding those teams would add some competition for Kendrick and London who I find to be a promising tag team. London always had the skill and Kendrick did, just needed to ditch the damn name of "Spanky". As long as I'm talking about moving tag teams, maybe Cryme Tyme and Haas/Benjamin over there. Then you would have a solid tag division right there.

I am reading some of these posts and I can picture it now. If they Unify the World Titles, then you know what would happen right?? John Cena is your Undisputed Champion. You guys would be PISSED. lol

So I think that Raw should have the WWE Stuff

WWE Title should be on RAW
IC Title Should be on RAW
WWE Tag titles should be on RAW
WWE Womens Championchip Should be on RAW

I Think they should scrap ECW completely and split the 8 Guys that they have on the roster 4 to RAW. 4 to Smackdown. But I know that they are not going to do it.... soooooo

ECW Should have their world Championship
The Cruserweight Championchip
and the Hardcore title (none of that defending it 24 hours a day shit either.. that sucked)

Smackdown should have the WCW Stuff..

THE WORLD TITLE
THE US CHAMPIONSHIP
THE WORLD TAG TITLES.

Keep everyone on their own damn show (Bobby Lashley is never on ECW but is on Raw every week) and these titles should work.

I agree with the original poster that there is too many championships, especially with 3 world titles. How about scrapping the ECW championship and making ECW Crusierweights only?

I was never that excited by Smackdown only pay per views, I just don't think they had the right mix to make them entertaining enough, though cross promotion does pose the problem of not enough exposure for low - mid carders, however with all the injuries that might not be such a problem.

Lashley may have been paraded on RAW a lot recently to try and promote ECW? Though I don't watch ECW so don't know how often he's on it.

I also think that they should have a cross promotional tag team championship, as there dosen't seem to be enough teams to substantiate two titles.

Interpromotional titles would not work for one reason: house shows. WWE usually have both brands live on the same night. If the champs go to both brands, how would they work the house shows. People would expect to see a certain champion to show up but he couldn't because he was doing the other brands show. The smart thing would be to have to not have shows on the same night. But that would mean an even heavier workload for the wrestlers, and Vince wouldn't do that. It would mean less money. On paper, cross brnad championships look good, but in reality, I don't think they''d work.

Interpromotional titles would not work for one reason: house shows. WWE usually have both brands live on the same night. If the champs go to both brands, how would they work the house shows. People would expect to see a certain champion to show up but he couldn't because he was doing the other brands show. The smart thing would be to have to not have shows on the same night. But that would mean an even heavier workload for the wrestlers, and Vince wouldn't do that. It would mean less money. On paper, cross brnad championships look good, but in reality, I don't think they''d work.

You would either have to have them work all house shows or merge the brands back into one. But remember Raw is live on monday and SD! is taped on tuesday and ECW is live Tuesday, so they could work it out. Just don't have an Raw and SD house show on the same day, but merging the brands into one would be better, merge them into one brand and have all wrestlers be able to work both shows and have joint house shows instead of 3 or 4 different ones.

I'm not sure of WWE's house show schedule prior to splitting brands, but I know in the 80's the WWF was running split shows all of the time.

You essentially split the stars evenly, and it works fine.

If Cena is the companies top babyface, and Lashley number 2, they would be on separate tours. Top heels like Honky Tonk Man and Ted Dibiase were the headliners for many WWF house shows in the 80s.

They just need to get rid of all the "world" titles-WHC and World Tag Champs. Keep the US and IC belts...good for mid carders.So you would have this:

RAW:WWE Title-Unified w/ Smackdown
IC Title
WWE Tag Team Titles-Unified w/ Smackdown
WWE Womens (get rid of it in my oppinion)

Smackdown: WWE Title-Unified w/Raw
US Title
WWE Tag Titles-unified w/ raw
Cruiserweight

ECW: ECW World Title
Hardocre Ttile
ECW Tag Titles

If you are going to keep ECW, then make it its own league if you will. Let it be by itself, have no conncetion to WWE-Raw, Smackdown. And have WWE as Raw and Smackdown.

I would be happy with going to the original brand extension idea, correct me if I'm wrong but was it so that all wrestlers stay on their brand apart from the champions at the time who would move between the two brands.

Heres what I would like to see;
The unification of the main titles (WWE, ECW, world heavyweight) as the undisputed once again; interbrand
Womens also inter-brand
Tag belts; unified
IC belt; Raw
US title; Smackdown
TV or hardcore Title; ECW

This bringing back prestige to the championship belts and pushing midcarders for the mid belts and solving the rather dire problem of the tag teams at the moment.

I agree, each show doesnt need its own champion, thats when you get Vince as champion, and stupid things like that, with 1 world title, there is always a #1 contender for the belt, instead of random people getting a huge push

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back