Emmy Nominations Released

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The big thing here is that 30 Rock got a mind blowing 22 nominations. That's just scary no matter what show it is. Rarely do I watch these but maybe I'll check it out. Family Guy got a nomination for best comedy and Hugh Laurie continues to get nominations for Best Actor in a Drama. Anyway, here are all of the nominations. Any predicitons?

Outstanding Comedy Series
Nominees:

"Entourage" (2004)

"Family Guy" (1999)

"The Flight of the Conchords" (2007)

"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)

"The Office" (2005)

"30 Rock" (2006)

"Weeds" (2005)
Outstanding Drama Series
Nominees:

"Big Love" (2006)

"Breaking Bad" (2008)

"Damages" (2007)

"Dexter" (2006)

"House M.D." (2004)

"Lost" (2004)

"Mad Men" (2007)
Outstanding Made for Television Movie
Nominees:

Coco Chanel (2008) (TV)

Grey Gardens (2009) (TV)

Into the Storm (2009) (TV)

Prayers for Bobby (2009) (TV)

Taking Chance (2009)
Outstanding Miniseries
Nominees:

"Generation Kill" (2008)

"Little Dorrit" (2008)
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Nominees:

Alec Baldwin for "30 Rock" (2006)

Steve Carell for "The Office" (2005)

Jemaine Clement for "The Flight of the Conchords" (2007)

Jim Parsons for "The Big Bang Theory" (2007)

Tony Shalhoub for "Monk" (2002)

Charlie Sheen for "Two and a Half Men" (2003)
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Nominees:

Simon Baker for "The Mentalist" (2008)

Gabriel Byrne for "In Treatment" (2008)

Bryan Cranston for "Breaking Bad" (2008)

Michael C. Hall for "Dexter" (2006)

Jon Hamm for "Mad Men" (2007)

Hugh Laurie for "House M.D." (2004)
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Nominees:

Kevin Bacon for Taking Chance (2009)

Kenneth Branagh for "Wallander" (2008)

Brendan Gleeson for Into the Storm (2009) (TV)

Kevin Kline for "Great Performances: Cyrano de Bergerac (#37.8)" (2008)

Ian McKellen for King Lear (2008) (TV)

Kiefer Sutherland for 24: Redemption (2008) (TV)
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Nominees:

Christina Applegate for "Samantha Who?" (2007)

Toni Collette for "United States of Tara" (2009)

Tina Fey for "30 Rock" (2006)

Julia Louis-Dreyfus for "The New Adventures of Old Christine" (2006)

Mary-Louise Parker for "Weeds" (2005)

Sarah Silverman for "The Sarah Silverman Program." (2007)
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Nominees:

Glenn Close for "Damages" (2007)

Sally Field for "Brothers & Sisters" (2006)

Mariska Hargitay for "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999)

Holly Hunter for "Saving Grace" (2007)

Elisabeth Moss for "Mad Men" (2007)

Kyra Sedgwick for "The Closer" (2005)
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Nominees:

Drew Barrymore for Grey Gardens (2009) (TV)

Jessica Lange for Grey Gardens (2009) (TV)

Shirley MacLaine for Coco Chanel (2008) (TV)

Sigourney Weaver for Prayers for Bobby (2009) (TV)

Chandra Wilson for Accidental Friendship (2008) (TV)
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Nominees:

Jon Cryer for "Two and a Half Men" (2003)

Kevin Dillon for "Entourage" (2004)

Neil Patrick Harris for "How I Met Your Mother" (2005)

Jack McBrayer for "30 Rock" (2006)

Tracy Morgan for "30 Rock" (2006)

Rainn Wilson for "The Office" (2005)
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Nominees:

Christian Clemenson for "Boston Legal" (2004)

Michael Emerson for "Lost" (2004)

William Hurt for "Damages" (2007)

Aaron Paul for "Breaking Bad" (2008)

William Shatner for "Boston Legal" (2004)

John Slattery for "Mad Men" (2007)
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Nominees:

Len Cariou for Into the Storm (2009) (TV)

Tom Courtenay for "Little Dorrit" (2008)

Ken Howard for Grey Gardens (2009) (TV)

Bob Newhart for The Librarian: The Curse of the Judas Chalice (2008) (TV)

Andy Serkis for "Little Dorrit" (2008)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Nominees:

Kristin Chenoweth for "Pushing Daisies" (2007)

Jane Krakowski for "30 Rock" (2006)

Elizabeth Perkins for "Weeds" (2005)

Amy Poehler for "Saturday Night Live" (1975)

Kristen Wiig for "Saturday Night Live" (1975)

Vanessa Williams for "Ugly Betty" (2006)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Nominees:

Rose Byrne for "Damages" (2007)

Hope Davis for "In Trea**ent" (2008)

Cherry Jones for "24" (2001)

Sandra Oh for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)

Dianne Wiest for "In Trea**ent" (2008)

Chandra Wilson for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Nominees:

Shohreh Aghdashloo for "House of Saddam" (2008)

Marcia Gay Harden for The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler (2009) (TV)

Janet McTeer for Into the Storm (2009) (TV)

Jeanne Tripplehorn for Grey Gardens (2009) (TV)

Cicely Tyson for Relative Stranger (2009) (TV)
Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
Nominees:

"The Colbert Report" (2005)

"The Daily Show" (1996)

"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)

"Real Time with Bill Maher" (2003)

"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
Outstanding Reality Competition Program
Nominees:

"The Amazing Race" (2001)

"American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002)

"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)

"Project Runway" (2005)

"Top Chef" (2006)
Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality - Competition Program
Nominees:

Tom Bergeron for "Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)

Phil Keoghan for "The Amazing Race" (2001)

Heidi Klum for "Project Runway" (2005)

Padma Lakshmi, Tom Colicchio for "Top Chef" (2006)

Jeff Probst for "Survivor" (2000)

Ryan Seacrest for "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002)
Outstanding Reality Program
Nominees:

"Antiques Roadshow" (1997)

"Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan" (2004)

"Dirty Jobs" (2005)

"Intervention" (2005)

"Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005)

"MythBusters" (2003)
Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Special
Nominees:

Chris Rock: Kill the Messenger - London, New York, Johannesburg (2008) (TV)

Kathy Griffin: She'll Cut a Bitch (2009) (TV)

Ricky Gervais: Out of England - The Stand-Up Special (2008) (TV)

The 31st Annual Kennedy Center Honors (2008) (TV)

Will Ferrell: You're Welcome America - A Final Night with George W Bush (2009) (TV)

Funny, the four shows currently active that I watch didn't get nominated for shit (Friday Night Lights, The Ultimate Fighter, South Park, & King of the Hill), which is a shame because Friday Night Lights is BY FAR the absolute best drama show on television (that's right, FUCK Lost, fanboys :icon_razz: ), South Park is putting out their best work in years, King of the Hill is ten times better than shitty fucking Family Guy, and The Ultimate Fighter is without a doubt the best reality show on television. True shame. :disappointed:

I was actually pretty happy with most of the nominations. 30 Rock getting 22 is alot, but if voters think it's the best show then it makes sence. Here's my opinion on some of the nominations...

The Good:
OMG! Kristin Wiig totally deserves her nomination and deserves the win. She is the best female cast member since Molly Shannon(suck it Tina & Amy). So happy she got recoginized.

Sandra Oh rakes up her 5th consecutive nod for Supporting Actress. This year wasn't Oh's best on Grey's, but it will be a crime if she never wins an emmy.

Jack McBrayer, Mariska Hargitay, Neil Patrick Harris, John Hamm, Michael Emmerson, Elisabeth Moss, Hugh Laurie, Michael C. Hall and Kristin Chenowith.

Also well deserved snubs for Two & a half men(for series), Jermey Piven(supporting actor), Keifer Sutherland(lead actor).

And love the Family Guy nod. It's the first animated series since The Flinstones(in the 60's) to get a comedy nod(yes not even the simpsons have ever been nominated)

The Bad:
NO Scrubs, Friday Night Lights(where the fuck is Connie Britton?), or Desperate Housewives :(

Katherine Heigles snub :( This was a great season for her, and cancer storylines are usually emmy bait.

Why the hell does Elizabeth Mitchell(lost), countinue to be snubbed?

The Ugly:
The most critically acclaimed actress of last year(January Jones from Mad Men) gets snubbed. She was by far greater than all the lead drama actress nominees, and every critic has poured on the praise for this woman.

If January does not ever get nominated for an emmy it will go down along with Sarah Michelle Gellar & Lauren Graham as the biggest emmy actress snub of recent history.

And finally where the hell is Anna Paquin for True Blood(Jammy must be happy). She just won the Golden Globe, is an Oscar winning actress, get's good critical praise, and is on HBO. She should have been a lock imo.

As for the winners, it's too soon to predict. This year the nominees were chose by a popular vote, and the winners will be decided by episode tapes. I think 30 Rock & Mad Men will probably dominate.

First off, let me just say that I'm a fan of 30 Rock, and look forward to it every week that it's on. It's a damn funny show. But god damnit I am SICK AND TIRED of it getting nominated for every award in the history of awards. Good god, the show is good, but it's not the best on television, not even close. There are funnier shows as well: The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park.

Funny, the four shows currently active that I watch didn't get nominated for shit (Friday Night Lights, The Ultimate Fighter, South Park, & King of the Hill), which is a shame because Friday Night Lights is BY FAR the absolute best drama show on television (that's right, FUCK Lost, fanboys :icon_razz: ), South Park is putting out their best work in years, King of the Hill is ten times better than shitty fucking Family Guy, and The Ultimate Fighter is without a doubt the best reality show on television. True shame. :disappointed:

You know I'm one of those Lost fanboys JMT, so I have to argue with you. Unless Friday Night Lights is the greatest television show ever made, there's no way it deserves recognition over Lost. Nothing ever has been or will be like Lost. Let me ask you this: is Friday Night Lights as good as My So-Called Life? Because that's the benchmark I use to judge all teen dramas.

I'm also not sure about South Park putting out their best years, there have been some real classics recently, but there have been a few mega-duds as well. The Pandemic Two-Part episode was shit, as was "The Coon". Not even remotely funny. The Somali Pirate episode fell pretty flat as well.

I don't watch King of the Hill either. Used to when it first came on all those years ago, but I've lost interest in it over time. It can be funny occasionally, but not enough to warrant me watching it for 30 minutes. Family Guy may just be random joke after random joke, but it's god damned funny as hell. I still love it, and all the hating doesn't take away from it's greatness bro.

I watched one season of The Ultimate Fighter a while back, whichever season involved BJ Penn as one of the trainers. It was great stuff, but I completely forgot about any following seasons when I started to lose interest in MMA. I'll give it another chance this year as I'm just starting to pick up interest in the sport again for the first time in a while.

Overall for the Emmys thought it looks like they've got everyone down. Bryan Cranston deserves another Emmy. Breaking Bad, Lost, and Entourage would win big if I were picking the winners. The Office as well.

...WHAT THE HELL?! Jeremy Piven isn't nominated?! Blasphemy! Ari Gold is one of the best characters on all of television!

Entourage sucks one. I don't get the appeal of that show.

But my favorite sitcoms got some love. How I Met Your Mother won't win, but it wins in my book. It's the best show on TV right now. True story. And Neil Patrick Harris is the best wingman on TV also. And Jim Parsons being nominated for Big Bang Theory rocks, also.

And 30 Rock isn't that funny to me. I don't get it.

And someone tell me how Burn Notice doesn't get a nod for Best Drama? That show's awesome and it has Bruce Campbell. Bruce Campbell. Fair enough.

Also, snubbing Katherine Heigl, Josh Radnor (Ted Mosby from HIMYM), and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was a travesty.

Nominees:

"Entourage" (2004)
"Family Guy" (1999)
"The Office" (2005)
"30 Rock" (2006)
"Weeds" (2005)

Ooooo....I dunno whether i want "The Flight of the Conchords" or "The Office" to pick this one up. All I know is that "Family Guy" had better damn well not win it. Fuck Family Guy. Horrible, lame ass joke after horrible, lame ass joke does not a Emmy Award winning show make. How "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" doesn't get the nod over Family Guy I'll never know.

Outstanding Drama Series
Nominees:
"Big Love" (2006)
"Breaking Bad" (2008)
"Damages" (2007)
"Dexter" (2006)
"House M.D." (2004)
"Lost" (2004)
"Mad Men" (2007)

"Big Love" was a good show on HBO. The third wife was fucking HOT. However, it shouldn't win out over "House." And if I got the appeal to "Lost" I'd say they should win over "Big Love" as well.

Also, how "In Treatment" doesn't get in over "Damages" is incredibly confusing. "In Treatment" was a great, hard hitting show. Grade A stuff, right there.

Nominees:

I want Steve Carrell to win this, but Tony Shaloub will take it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he ALWAYS takes the best Lead Actor, Comedy award. If not him, Jermaine Clement. "Flight of the Conchords" if fucking hilarious.

Nominees:

Hugh Laurie will take this. Though "In Treatment" is a hella bad ass show on HBO, and I really want Gabriel Byrne to win.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Nominees:

Christina Applegate for "Samantha Who?" (2007)
Toni Collette for "United States of Tara" (2009)
Tina Fey for "30 Rock" (2006)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus for "The New Adventures of Old Christine" (2006)
Mary-Louise Parker for "Weeds" (2005)
Sarah Silverman for "The Sarah Silverman Program." (2007)

If Sarah Silverman takes this over Mary-Louise Parker...I swear. Parker is a powerhouse.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Nominees:

Glenn Close for "Damages" (2007)
Sally Field for "Brothers & Sisters" (2006)
Mariska Hargitay for "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999)
Holly Hunter for "Saving Grace" (2007)
Elisabeth Moss for "Mad Men" (2007)
Kyra Sedgwick for "The Closer" (2005)

I expect Sedgwick or Hargitay to take it home. Glenn Close if they're feeling randy.

Nominees:

Rainn Wilson for the motherfucking win. If he doesn't get it, Neil Patrick Harris definitely deserves it.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Nominees:

Rose Byrne for "Damages" (2007)
Hope Davis for "In Treatment" (2008)
Cherry Jones for "24" (2001)
Sandra Oh for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
Dianne Wiest for "In Treatment" (2008)
Chandra Wilson for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)

Either Hope Davis or Dianne Wiest definitely deserve it. Though I'd have liked Alison Pill to get a nod for her work on "In Treatment." She really did remarkable.

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
Nominees:

"The Colbert Report" (2005)
"The Daily Show" (1996)
"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)
"Real Time with Bill Maher" (2003)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)

Eh..."Real Time with Bill Maher" is a great time. But I'm a member of the Colbert Nation, and therefore must pull for "The Colbert Report."

You know I'm one of those Lost fanboys JMT, so I have to argue with you. Unless Friday Night Lights is the greatest television show ever made, there's no way it deserves recognition over Lost. Nothing ever has been or will be like Lost.

I'm not going to say Friday Night Lights is the greatest television show ever made, but it's really fucking good. The acting is downright fantastic and I guarantee the acting in Lost isn't anywhere near as good my friend. Probably a bold statement to you, but I truly believe it. And then the football are great, which adds as much suspense and drama to the show that I'm sure all the "mystery" shit in Lost adds to their show.

The only thing I'll give Lost is that it's more unpredictable than Friday Night Lights. But that alone doesn't make it better.

Let me ask you this: is Friday Night Lights as good as My So-Called Life? Because that's the benchmark I use to judge all teen dramas.

Yes. That I can promise. And I liked My So-Called Life.

I'm also not sure about South Park putting out their best years, there have been some real classics recently, but there have been a few mega-duds as well. The Pandemic Two-Part episode was shit, as was "The Coon". Not even remotely funny. The Somali Pirate episode fell pretty flat as well.

First of all, I loved The Coon episode and you're one of the very few people I've seen trash it. I thought it was fantastic. The Somali Pirate I thought was pretty enjoyable as well, especially the scene with the song. I agree though The Pandemic episodes weren't all that good, with the exception of Randy's antics, which are always awesome.

The Ring, Fishsticks, The Ungroundable, Elementary School Musical, About Last Night..., and Breast Cancer Show Ever were all truly GREAT episodes and like I said previously... the best work South Park has done in years. And even at South Park's lowest point, their shit was still better than Family Guy, in my opinion.

I don't watch King of the Hill either. Used to when it first came on all those years ago, but I've lost interest in it over time. It can be funny occasionally, but not enough to warrant me watching it for 30 minutes. Family Guy may just be random joke after random joke, but it's god damned funny as hell. I still love it, and all the hating doesn't take away from it's greatness bro.

King of the Hill is awesome man and perhaps the most underrated show in history that lasted as long as it has. It doesn't get anywhere near the love and recognition it deserves. It's not only hilarious, but it always tells great stories, something of which Family Guy couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

Seriously... like you said, Family Guy tells random joke after random joke the entire show. About 2 of those jokes each episode can get a chuckle out of me, but that's it. Everything else is crap, and there's never a story to be interested in. The only thing Family Guy is really good at are musical numbers, and even then they can't touch South Park in that area.

I watched one season of The Ultimate Fighter a while back, whichever season involved BJ Penn as one of the trainers. It was great stuff, but I completely forgot about any following seasons when I started to lose interest in MMA.

The season you tuned in for is by far my favorite season in history.

And you're a really big BJ Penn fan, huh X?

I'll give it another chance this year as I'm just starting to pick up interest in the sport again for the first time in a while.

Well, this is the year to do so. Not only is Kimbo Slice a competitor, but Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans are the coaches, and those two legitimately hate each other. It's going to be the best season since the Season 5 (the BJ Penn season).

I'm not going to say Friday Night Lights is the greatest television show ever made, but it's really fucking good. The acting is downright fantastic and I guarantee the acting in Lost isn't anywhere near as good my friend. Probably a bold statement to you, but I truly believe it. And then the football are great, which adds as much suspense and drama to the show that I'm sure all the "mystery" shit in Lost adds to their show.

Quick question; have you ever actually watched Lost? Best show on television, and it's not even close. I don't care if Friday Night Lights is the most dramatic show in the history of celluloid, it can't touch the genius that is Lost and it's masterful storytelling.

First of all, I loved The Coon episode and you're one of the very few people I've seen trash it. I thought it was fantastic. The Somali Pirate I thought was pretty enjoyable as well, especially the scene with the song. I agree though The Pandemic episodes weren't all that good, with the exception of Randy's antics, which are always awesome.

Really? You're actually the only person I've seen who liked The Coon episode. I just found it to be completely stupid, unoriginal, and not even slightly humorous.Hated that episode.

The Ring, Fishsticks, The Ungroundable, Elementary School Musical, About Last Night..., and Breast Cancer Show Ever were all truly GREAT episodes and like I said previously... the best work South Park has done in years. And even at South Park's lowest point, their shit was still better than Family Guy, in my opinion.

I LOVE The Ungroundable, one of my favorite episodes possibly ever. Any time the Goth kids get involved, I fucking love it. We need to see even MORE of the damn goth kids, I loved their little talent show song: "No, no no no no...not gonna be in the Talent Show" :lmao:

I hated the breast cancer episode though, and About Last Night was pretty weak as well. The others were classic though.

King of the Hill is awesome man and perhaps the most underrated show in history that lasted as long as it has. It doesn't get anywhere near the love and recognition it deserves. It's not only hilarious, but it always tells great stories, something of which Family Guy couldn't do if their lives depended on it.

Sometimes I don't want to watch an animated comedy show for a good story. Sometimes I just want to watch a bunch of jokes. I love Family Guy, it's got that twisted sense of humor that I love.

The season you tuned in for is by far my favorite season in history.

And you're a really big BJ Penn fan, huh X?

Hell yes, I love Penn. One of my favorite fighters ever.

Well, this is the year to do so. Not only is Kimbo Slice a competitor, but Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans are the coaches, and those two legitimately hate each other. It's going to be the best season since the Season 5 (the BJ Penn season).

God damn, Kimbo is going to be on it? You know some serious drama is going to go down than. Starts in September you said? I'll have to check it out.

Quick question; have you ever actually watched Lost?

I've watched a couple of episodes to see what the fuss was about. I remember one was a Season finale (not the last one, but the one before that), and the other was completely random. While I could easily tell it was a good show, it was hard to enjoy because it's the type of show you need to follow from the beginning.

Maybe one day I'll pick up season 1 on DVD and see if it's worth the hype and then go from there.

Best show on television, and it's not even close. I don't care if Friday Night Lights is the most dramatic show in the history of celluloid, it can't touch the genius that is Lost and it's masterful storytelling.

Okay, even if it's not as good as Lost, it's sure as shit better than Big Love and Breaking Bad.

Really? You're actually the only person I've seen who liked The Coon episode. I just found it to be completely stupid, unoriginal, and not even slightly humorous.Hated that episode.

Lol... we must follow different boards, then.

But I must admit... any episode centered around Cartman, I'm going to automatically love. And The Coon was definitely no exception.

I LOVE The Ungroundable, one of my favorite episodes possibly ever. Any time the Goth kids get involved, I fucking love it. We need to see even MORE of the damn goth kids, I loved their little talent show song: "No, no no no no...not gonna be in the Talent Show" :lmao:

Agreed.

I hated the breast cancer episode though, and About Last Night was pretty weak as well. The others were classic though.

I thought Cartman was hysterical in the Breast Cancer episode, and About Last Night wasn't great, but I was impressed how they were able to put that episode together the night after the election.

God damn, Kimbo is going to be on it? You know some serious drama is going to go down than. Starts in September you said? I'll have to check it out.

September 7th, to be exact. I'll make sure to remind you when the time rolls around. ;)

30 Rock is a decent show, but it is definetly overrated here. I get a few laughs out of it, but it is nowhere near the same level as "The Office." Rainn Wilson and Steve Carrell both deserve to win awards.

I'm pretty shocked Family Guy got a nomination, especially over South Park and King of the Hill which are by far superior animated comedies. I would even go as far as calling it a travesty, and I'm actually a fan of Family Guy.

Lastly, how the hell did "The Sarah Silverman Program" get a nomination. That is one of the worst shows I've ever seen on Comedy Central, it's awful

Family Guy getting in doesn't surprise me. The show has alot of hype now and with the nominations being decided by a popular vote(and Family Guy is by far more popular than King of the Hill-which just got cancelled, and South Park)it makes sence, I guess.

Predicting the winners for the Emmy's is always hard to do. It's not like the Oscars where the winners are fairly obvious(reminder I won the WZ Oscar prediction contest :) ). Winners are decided by a single episode, so choosing which episode to submit can make or break your chances.

Nominees have until Tuesday to submit their choices, so that might help clear things up. But it's still hard to predict the nominees.

Again it doesn't bother me about 30 Rocks domination except in the comedy writing categry where 4 of it's episodes are nominated. The only other show nominated is "Flight of the Conchords". Same thing happened with the Drama writing category. Its 4 episodes of Mad Men versus an episode of Lost. 4 writing nods each seems alittle much.

Also House, Big Love, Lost, Hugh Laurie, Mariska Hargitay, Jemaine Clement(some people's predictions)have almost a 0% chance of winning. House is past it's prime with the critics, Lost too. Mariska is a nominee filler(even though I love her) And if Clement could pull of a victory against Baldwin, Shalloub, and Carell, I'd eat my left thumb.

I've watched a couple of episodes to see what the fuss was about. I remember one was a Season finale (not the last one, but the one before that), and the other was completely random. While I could easily tell it was a good show, it was hard to enjoy because it's the type of show you need to follow from the beginning.

Maybe one day I'll pick up season 1 on DVD and see if it's worth the hype and then go from there.

You REALLY should man. It's truly the most creative show in the history of television, hands down. You really do have to watch it from the beginning, but trust me, it's worth every second. From the very first episode you'll probably be hooked anyways, I certainly was. It helps that they have an amazing cast and impeccable writing.

Forget any movie or TV show I've ever recommended to you JMT, watch Lost first. That entire first season is amazing, they all are. No show has ever left me so often with my jaw on the floor saying "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!?!" like Lost in a very, very good way.

Okay, even if it's not as good as Lost, it's sure as shit better than Big Love and Breaking Bad.

I'm not a fan of Big Love, but TELL ME you didn't just diss Breaking Bad, JMT?! Have you seen the show? It's one of the very best shows on TV right now, Bryan Cranston deserves ANOTHER Emmy if you ask me. His performances on BB is probably the best on all of television right now.

Nominees:

"Entourage" (2004)

"Family Guy" (1999)

"The Office" (2005)

"30 Rock" (2006)

"Weeds" (2005)

2 of my favourite shows in How I met Your mother and flight of the conchords.I hope How I met your mother wins,but I think 30 Rock might.Damn.Also,where the fuck is scrubs.
Outstanding Drama Series
Nominees:

"Big Love" (2006)

"Breaking Bad" (2008)

"Damages" (2007)

"Dexter" (2006)

"House M.D." (2004)

"Lost" (2004)

"Mad Men" (2007)

House is the greatest show on television bar none.I would expect it to win here,but it seems to have fallen out of favour.I'm still backing it though.

Nominees:

I freaking love Jim Parsons.The big bang theory rocks,and he certainly deserves this emmy.Sheldon Cooper is hilarious,and Parsons play him superbly,and i would love for him to win.Oh shit,Jermaine clement.Forgot about him.I like him too,but just not as much as Parsons
Nominees:

I absolutely love the mentalist,but nowhere near as much as House.Byrne is good,but in treatment is just too boring for me.It ain't got nothing on House.
Nominees:

Neil patrick Harris.The funniest character on TV.He's legen-wait for it-DARY!
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Nominees:

How Robert Sean Leonard (wilson in House) didn't get nominated is beyond me.

All in all,I hope all my favourites win,but I doubt any,except maybe Laurie,will.

Why do people even take the Emmys seriously anymore? They never once nominated The Wire for Best Drama Series, and that show is arguably the best drama ever made. Seriously though, their nominating system is very flawed. Supposedly, shows are supposed to submit their best episode or couple of episodes and these episodes are what the nominations committee base their decisions on. How the hell does this exactly benefit more in-depth shows with season-long arcs?

Furthermore, how the hell has Hugh Laurie not won an Emmy for House yet? Is James Spader going to win yet once again for a show no one cares about? It doesn't look like he's been nominated for Boston Legal this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if his name's the one listed in the envelope.

Why is House even being nominated? Yeah, Laurie is still as good as ever and I could believe a best actor nod for him. But the series is way past its best days. It peaked in Season 2, but never got quite as bad as I found this season to be. I'm very sick of the show, and it doesn't deserve a Best Drama Nod.

Love 30 Rock and Baldwin. I hope for the best there. I like 30 Rock more than The Office, mostly 'cause I can't stand Michael, so I'm not going to argue with the noms 30 Rock is getting.

Michael C. Hall for Best Actor in a Drama? Pretty please? And if Jimmy Smits doesn't take Best Guest Star in a Drama (I read somewhere that he was nominated), I riot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back