Elimination Chamber 2015: WWE Tag Team Championship [Elimination Chamber Match]

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE.com has confirmed that the tag titles will be defended for the first time in an Elimination Chamber at the exclusive showing on May 31st. As to who the competitors are, they'll probably announce that in the next few weeks. New Day will be defending, obviously, and likely opponents are Tyson Kidd & Cesaro, the Lucha Dragons, POSSIBLY Harper & Rowan if they're reforming, POSSIBLY Los Matadores and POSSIBLY The Prime Time Players. Instinctively, I think Kidd & Cesaro, the Dragons and Harper & Rowan are a lock.

Now this is going to be an interesting match. How would this match work between more than two teams? Normally two people start off the match, then one after the other, are released from their pods to wrestle.

In my opinion this will be good, but not as good as the intercontinental title because of how the match usually unfolds.

Will they do six teams, with a team in each pod and two starting or will they go for three teams, with individual released through.

I think the latter may prove to be more interesting. You may have 2 on 1 situations, 2 vs 1 vs 1. Have individuals eliminated rather than teams.

I would have Cesaro & Kidd vs The New Day (Champs) vs Wyatt Family. The latter won a tournament amongst Prime Time Players, Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores for the final spot in the chamber.

this will be interesting because of 1) the teams that could be in it and 2) how they will do it. normally there's six men in pods...so will there be six teams?? if there are six teams then the teams are likely Rowan and Harper, Ascension, Kidd and Cesaro, Lucha Dragons, New Day and POSSIBLY PTP, but again, i'm just guessing on who would be in this match....but i wouldn't hate if they only had 3 teams and if there were three teams than New Day, Dragons and Kidd and Cesaro make sense. of course i think New Day should win, they finally have a better suited gimmick. Woods can cut promos well as the "leader" of New Day and they all three can wrestle.

Love this idea. They killed the Chamber gimmick dead with years of needles, non-violent matches. It's time to play with the formula. I'm hoping it's an elimination style as in one member can be eliminated but their partner can stay and try to win the titles and not one pinfall and the team is gone.

New Day seem carts to retain with them having a new I.C. champ crowned on the show.

I wrote a thread over a year ago that there should be a chamber match featuring the tag team division, but it got shot down by people who repiled. But look the match comes to life before our very eyes! I knew it all along! If wrestling fans would just open their minds a little bit more...But I see new WWE tag team champions coming out of this and the new day will lose those titles. If they do hold on to them it will be a surprise to many.

My hope is that it's six men involved in the match (three teams, one man to a pod). Having 12 men and six teams would be a bit of a fuster cluck. It would be hard to follow watching from home, although logistically it could work with men tagging in and out, but why would you inject order into chaos?

I'd pit New Day against Cesaro/Kidd and the Lucha Dragons. I'm a bit torn between Luchas and PTP, but since PTP haven't been wrestling, I'm going with the Dragons. The luchadors will make for an exciting match for high flying spots within the chamber. Imagine Kalisto spinning off of a pod. I've been wanting to see Cesaro and him back in a match for a while now. PTP will re-enter the title scene soon, but knowing WWE they might wind up in this match.

If they decide to do 12 men, take the three aforementioned teams, add PTP, the Mega Posers (see what I did there?), and the Ascension. I think the 12 man might be too much, if they went that way though it would essentially be tornado tag team rules, with all men being valid in the ring at once. There would have to be an early elimination, so look for Ascension to start against the Luchas and not make it to the first pod opening.

I'd prefer a three team match, and it would be much better for presentation to the home crowd. A 12 man match would be a chamber first (for what that's worth) but it might be difficult to follow. A new IC champ doesn't necessarily mean that the champs retain (there have been shows where all titles have changed hands, there will be again). My prediction is Kidd and Cesaro capture the titles here for their second reign.

Edit: ps, totally forgot about the reunited former Wyatts. Scrap Ascension in my prediction and sub Harper and Rowan in the six team scenario. They will be contenders for the third spot in the three team after New Day and K/C.

Cool to see WWE finally do a tag team Elimination Chamber match.

If it's anything like the video game it will be three tag teams. One wrestler in each pod with two starting out.

That would make the most sense from a psychology and interest sake because if only one new wrestler enters at a time, obviously, there will be some double or triple teamming going on and be a real test of endurance for certain guys.

Probably teams will be:

- New Day (but not sure how they'll get 3 guys unless they change the format or just have the one guy standing outside the cage)

- Cesaro & Kidd

- Harper & Rowan

Certainly it's possible Prime Time Players, Lucha Dragons or Ascension are added and/or replace a team.

If the plan is to get Cesaro & Kidd over as a babyface team then having them as the only faces in the chamber and come out victorious it should really help their status.

I think it might be too early for Harper & Rowan, actually, because a loss so soon before they really get established again wouldn't be great so it might be Ascension added as the extra heel team.

Regardless, I'm interested to see how the match plays out but I won't really be interested in the tag division until Harper & Rowan are really in contention as well as Lucha Dragons and hopefully The Ascension gets revamped a bit because of how horribly pathetic their debut into main WWE TV was.

It should be a great match. I never thought I'd see the day where there's a match in the Chamber that doesn't have anything to do with a main event level title.

Win win for WWE and its Network. I could really see some fans trying their best to get WWE Network to see this event. They should of been doing this a long time ago with exclusive PPV events.

With that said, I hope its 6 teams, and not just 3 teams. Which I don't think that could work no matter.

Either way this should be a great event to really put over some talent who doesn't usually get big matches like so. I mean almost none in the tag division have been in big profile matches, and this has the potential to be a main event match.

I'm interested to see how this match comes about though and how they figure out the contenders. Could really see Wyatts winning the gold though, rather it be Kidd and Cesaro though.

I assume that it will just be 3 teams. Unfortunate for Lucha Dragons as I feel they were next in line before NEW DAY took the straps.
For EC I think it will be
NEW DAY
KIDD & CESARO
WYATTS

all for WYATTS winning the titles. They need to have a long run maybe up until the Usos return. The thought on the in the EC will be EPIC!

This is an awesome idea, I can see three teams battle it out. Six teams would be a little too much, to many guys running around. I think it should be New Day and than in the next few weeks have tag team matches for the last two spots on Raw and Smackdown. I see Harper and Rowan winning the titles and holding them for a while.

Six teams seems excessive. Especially when you look at the calibre of them.

Are the Wyatt's not involved because those guys are too big to fit in pod together? If so then boo WWE. That could've been unintentionally hilarious.

I think despite it being an innovative idea and something that will garner interest, having 6 seperate tag teams compete in this match could be a visual disaster. I much rather prefer the idea of having 3 teams (where both superstars have to be eliminated in order for the tag team to be eliminated) as there is more control over the match. Having 6 teams could become a mess and also the way teams are eliminated could cause issues as well. But they have announced it now so I guess we must brace ourselves for the turmoil that is going to occur :confused:

I'm not a fan of The Ascension addition. Just because they beat Sandow and Axel, shouldn't make them worthy of a tag title shot, especially how they've looked over the past couple of weeks.

With so many teams involved and with New Day being on a roll and building strong momentum, cannot put a finger on who has the best chance of winning. What i can say is that i really believe Prime Time Players will come out looking strong whether they win or lose and I see them and New Day feuding right after regardless of which team wins the titles. I am all about this as i feel the Prime Time Players are 100% more interesting this time around and deserve a shot at the titles.

20150517_elimination_EP_LIGHT_HP_matches-tag.jpg

This has the potential to either be amazing or a complete disaster. Due to the number of wrestlers competing here it would be an understatement to say that this match will be chaotic. I'm excited to see how it will end up playing out though. Let's take a look at all of the teams who are going to be participating....

The Ascension
As much as I like these guys, the horrendous booking they have had ever since their main roster debut does not show very good odds of them winning. They'd make great Tag Team Champions if creative gave them a chance to be the dominant force they were in NXT.

The Lucha Dragons
Not liking their odds either. I expect some awesome high flying action, but they will probably be one of the first teams eliminated.

Los Matadores
Only here to add more people to the match. Definitely gonna be the first team eliminated.

The New Day
I'm liking the champions' odds of retaining. There has been so much focus on how unfair they feel this match is to them, so for The New Day to overcome the odds despite being put in such an "unfair" match and then annoy the fans the following Raw about it seems the most logical outcome. They still suck (other than Kofi) but at least they are taking the fan "NEW DAY SUCKS" chants and using it to help the push these guys are getting.

The Prime Time Players
Probably a late elimination, in the final 3 teams or so. I just don't see them winning here. I could see them getting the next title shot against New Day after this match though.

Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
The challengers who have the best odds of winning. I see it coming down to New Day VS Kidd and Cesaro in the end of this match with New Day overcoming the odds to retain.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The New Day will retain the Tag Team Championship.

All signs point to New Day retaining.

I'd like to see the last 3 teams be PTP, New Day and Kidd/Cesaro. Kidd and Cesaro are eliminated by Big E/Kofi and while exiting the chamber Woods sneaks in for the 3 on 2 advantage and title retention. This will set up a 2v2 for the titles at MITB that I'd like to see PTP win. Kidd and Cesaro and PTP are interchangeable in this role, but I'd like to see PTP finally get a shot.

This is going to be one hell of a clusterf*ck. The announce team had better be on their toes trying to call this one. Expecting New Day to retain as having them lose right now would take away from any momentum they've managed to create.

Besides they need time to build up the Lucha Dragons and get the PTP's a few matches under their belt's. I'm working tonight so going to miss this PPV, but my son will keep me updated with texts and will watch it when I get home.

Yeah, a tag team EC match just seems like a massive pile of shit. The Elimination Chamber alone is such a violent gimmick, it doesn't fit in a clean image WWE. I don't give a shit about any of the teams except Prime Time, The Brass Ring Club, and New Day. Hopefully New Day wins, I like Xavier's promos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back