Elimination Chamber 2015 - John Cena VS Kevin Owens

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Owens announced backstage last night, after seen chumming it up with Triple H, that he'll face John Cena at the Elimination Chamber. I don't think this match is for the United States Championship, I'm also thinking that Owens stomping on the title last night is a prelude for Cena to introduce the new title design that's alleged to be coming. While I have little doubt Cena comes out on top, it'll quite possibly be the match that steals the show. I have a feeling that Owens retains against Sami Zayn, though I'm not even sure the match will happen given that Zayn's supposed to be injured, though I can also see the possibility of Zayn sort of doing something to screw Owens over during this match, something that allows Cena to get the win without making him look weak and while keeping Owens' stock high

Kevin Owens should come up on top, else it'll be hard to book him as a badass heel who never respects anybody. If he loses, there will be some mouth which utter and deem that Kevin is a guy who just talks and not delivers. Moreover Kevin Owens is not a heel like Seth Rollins, he's the guy who destroys things. So I would personally want him to be on top for his best and for the business.

I'm also thinking that Owens stomping on the title last night is a prelude for Cena to introduce the new title design that's alleged to be coming.

And can you kindly explain how can this action be a prelude to change the title's design? Is it gonna be like John Cena wouldn't want to hold the Championship which was disrespected by another so he brings up a new design to protect it forever? Or what's on your mind about this?

Cheers!!

I could see this going either way, depending on if it's for the US Title, but more dependent upon whether KO loses to Zayn.

But people who think KO absolutely has to come out on top are idiots.

I assume Owens was bought out as a way of promoting the NXT special. A show that will have come and gone by the time E.C. rolls around.

Ah well, should be interesting.

i have a strong feeling that at takeover, john cena will appear in some form to distract owens making him lose the nxt championship only to win the us championship at elimination chamber ...... eventually leading to kevin owens vs brock lesnar for wrestlemania 32

i have a strong feeling that at takeover, john cena will appear in some form to distract owens making him lose the nxt championship only to win the us championship at elimination chamber ...... eventually leading to kevin owens vs brock lesnar for wrestlemania 32

I somehow have this feeling too minus the facing Brock Lesnar part. I also have this odd feeling that he will join the Authority. Fits in with him doing it for the money and all that.

I'd seen some of Neville and had heard of Zayn, but I knew nothing of Owens. I was in the same position as most viewers, and I wasn't particularly impressed. His promo was unspectacular, and next to Cena he looked like some tiny fat dude. Maybe he'll win me over in the future, but for now I'm happy to believe it's just a case of the IWC worshipping a guy simply because he's from the indies (ditto the thoroughly forgettable Zayn).

Cena should absolutely go over clean. If any newbie gets to beat WWE's top dog, it should be Finn Balor, who has the whole package and may just be tall enough to consistently main event. Neville's moves are spectacular, but with his size, odd looks and apparent inability to structure a compelling match, I don't see him going too far.

Yea it all depends on whether Owens drops the NXT title tomorrow night to Zayn. If he does, then I can see him going for the US title at EC, and he might just win it as well.

He might not have the body that Cena does, but the guy is strong in the ring, and is very capable of beating him on his skills alone. I've been watching Owens since he was Kevin Steen in ROH, and he can bring it when needed. Some of his matches, when he was ROH champ against Sami Zayn "El Generico" were some of the best I've seen in a long time. Both men are fantastic in the ring, and Owens can hang with Cena on the mic.

The beauty of Owens is he's not an imposing figure, but shit the guy can go, and he does have the experience and will surprise many people. Just glad to see he's not being treated like the Ascension was on their debut. Hopefully the WWE learned from that disaster.

Give him a count out victory over Cena and let both of them move on. Maybe a powerbomb on the side of the ring (like he has done to Riley, Zayn, Neville etc) and Owens returns to the ring. With no title on the line it might make sense - no pinfall on Cena, no debut loss for Owens (a heel should not lose on their debut) and it is a network special rather than a traditional PPV so the dodgy finish is slightly more acceptable.

I think this could be a big rivalry down the line as Owens has a much more versatile character than both Rusev and Wyatt.

Maybe I have no grasp of the casual fan appeal, but it feels like this match could have a better build to it and that Owens could have more drawing power than is realized. 2 weeks isn't very much time, and I guess I wouldn't mind a brawl before the match starts that would keep the match from happening (and thus stretching into a longer feud).

If this means that Owens is coming up to the main roster, I suppose I cannot imagine a bigger impact scenario for him. He would definitely be missed in NXT, however, with Sami Zayn reported out along with Itami out for months.

A win for KO would be huge. I'm just not sure if WWE would pull the trigger on it I'd love to see it though.

I have a strange feeling that NXT and "WWE" are going to somehow clash in the near future. Whether it be a PPV exclusive to the Network, or a Nexus type angle led by Owens, it seems like WWE has strongly been getting behind NXT lately. Also, once Zayn, Owens, Balor, and the like move up, the drawing power drops heavily. Just a passing thought...

Anyway, this is a tough match to book. Owens has been put over as this unstoppable beast akin to Brock Lesnar... well maybe not to that extent but you get the point. To have him lose clean to Cena, kind of derails the momentum he's gained. Than again, I don't see him winning the match so it'll be interesting to say the least. I see a DQ victory for Cena or some kind of screwy finish involving Zayn.

Its a non-title match.. so i think Owens is winning. Cena has been putting over a lot of talent lately without necessarily jobbing out so I'll give him credit for that.. made Neville and Sami Zayn look like stars and now Kevin Owens layed him out on his debut. On top of that hes making the U.S title look amazing.

So, with the addition of Samoa Joe to the WWE, I think that this match takes on a completely new dimension. I would LOVE to see Joe get involved in this match, and since it's non-title, cost Cena the win, setting up Joe v. Cena through the summer. Owens would really be used as enhancement at this time, but it could also be his try-out for the main roster.

Owens announced backstage last night, after seen chumming it up with Triple H, that he'll face John Cena at the Elimination Chamber. I don't think this match is for the United States Championship....

If it isn't for the title, they can afford to make Owens look as strong as they want to, just as they did during the US Title Challenge That Wasn't. During his matches, Cena always takes much more punishment than he delivers and can really put Owens over, regardless of who wins the match.

NOTE: Can you picture Cena fighting Owens and Sami Zayn coming out and joining Owens in knocking hell out of Cena? Just a thought.

his might be a bold prediction, but Joe gets involved, costs Cena the match and we then have Cena vs. Joe at SummerSlam.

I think Joe will draw in WWE.... initially. So it might be a good idea to see if they can make some money off him.

I would have really loved to see the John Cena US Open Elimination Chamber Challenge instead of this Champion vs. Champion non-Title match we’re getting. It would have been nice to see 5 surprise challengers come out. I would have gone with Chris Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar. That would have been the most talked about match and event of 2015.

The likelihood of this finishing clean is very slim. I love both of these guys so I'm looking forward to this match but it does seem it might be a one-off. Owens has way too much unfinished business in NXT. Maybe this is just a short brawl that ends with Owens powerbombing Cena on the apron.

I do wonder if they will even get that much time. Two Chamber matches plus Rollins/Ambrose. There are two other matches on the card as well. I could see this being a very short brawl. Maybe we get a Sami Zayn run in. Or at least Cena in a Sami t-shirt.

These two will have a proper match at some point and it will be wonderful. If this is just a glorified advert for NXT that helps establish Owens then I'm absolutely fine with it.

I'm not a Cena lover but I hope Cena destroys him. Owens is a minor leaguer. I don't feel he should have a match WWE event without first being put on the main roster. I felt the same way about Zayn or whatever that guys name was that Cena fought on Raw. just terrible booking makes me so glad I can fast forward my TV. if WWE wants these guys on the main roster put them there if not keep them off MyTV until they have earned it Zayn's match was terrible Kevin Owens looks terrible talks terrible and that's all I know about him. why would I want to pay money to watch this nobody. I'm sure so many of you love him and maybe one day he earn his spot. but that day has not come yet

This match has non-finish written all over it. Owens shouldn't beat Cena, and Cena shouldn't beat Owens. I would probably have Owens get intentionally disqualified out of frustration from being unable to put Cena away. Cena kicks out of the powerbomb and Owens just decks him in the head with the NXT belt, and walks away holding his Title up high. They'll have a great match, but I do think a finish like that is needed to protect both guys.

Personally, I love Owens in ring style. He's been one of my "Why the hell aren't they signing him?" guys for quite a while. I like how quickly they are transitioning him. My complaint with this match though, is this: Why non-title? I get that it may open up more of a chance of Owens winning and/or greater liberty with the finish, But Cena has held "Open Challenges" every week from guys Like Barrett to Neville (Who had maybe 2 main roster matches under his belt). Given that, it makes no sense for it to be non-title.

This match isn't about winning & losing....it's about putting Kevin Owens over. After all, if the very first match of a NXT guy's main roster career is facing John Cena, management must have something in mind over simple "who beat who."

Cena might win, Owens might win. Cena could win clean but I doubt Owens could (although I also thought Cena wouldn't cleanly lose his series to Brock Lesnar)........either man could win dirty.

There could be interference or not.....as someone mentioned, this might be a good time to get Samoa Joe involved; and he could attack either Owens or Cena, who knows?

It's not the results that matter. I feel Kevin Owens is going to be a Bray Wyatt type character in that it doesn't matter whether he's victorious or not; he'll just keep on going.

Putting Owens over is the order of the day.....and this can be accomplished in any number of ways.

This is THE match Im looking forward to EC.

I think Joe is gonna interfere and cost Owens the match here, but should be a great affair this one. Cant wait

20150517_elimination_EP_LIGHT_HP_matches_cenaowensaa.jpg

I cannot wait for this. The Cena VS Owens feud has been awesome so far and it's doing an excellent job of showing the importance of the NXT brand. Owens putting over HIS championship and HIS dominance over on HIS show will generate more interest in fans to come check NXT out. The same goes for showing NXT footage such as what Owens did at Unstoppable. Great job by the production team there. It's a huge opportunity for Owens here. He would really need the win as it would do a lot more for the product than a Cena win would. Owens looks all the better as the dominant top guy of the NXT brand if he wins. The Cena fan in me wants Cena to win, but the business major in me wants Owens to win to further showcase the NXT brand. The match likely goes on next to last or at the least in the later half of the evening.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Kevin Owens will defeat John Cena.

So, I think that everyone is in agreement that Owens needs to go over here. In addition, this needs to be a Cena-sell-fest. I don't mind the ending being a DQ, or whatever, but we need to see a strong 15 minutes of that famous Kevin (Steen) Owens offense to put him over to the casual crowd that doesn't know of him yet.

This is honestly the only match I'm TRULY concerned with watching tonight. I want this to go a nice 25+ minutes like Cena v. Rusev did. Like I mentioned earlier, I also wouldn't mind Joe getting involved, maybe setting up a future feud with Cena (maybe around Summerslam after Joe finishes his Indy commitments) while still allowing Cena v. Owens to make it through the summer.

Owens said on a few podcasts/shoots/interviews lately, this is the biggest thing in his life, and he's pretty confident that this match is going to blow the roof off the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back