ECW: What's wrong in a nutshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soul Crusher

When I heard that ECW was coming back, I was skeptical but optimistic. As soon as it made its return, it seemed to take a turn for the worse. It would be foolish to expect them to pick up where they left off, but by taking on the ECW name they're setting themselves up for high expectations. Of course it has to evolve, but look at how different it is from the original ECW. Taping in front of the SmackDown! audience means that it has to be a family-oriented show (i.e. no obscene chants), something the original ECW never was. Justin Roberts announcing instead of Steven DeAngelis. The polished production that makes it look like "WWE Brand # 3" instead of ECW. Very few of the themes from the original ECW (Sabu and Taz, that's it). Mats surrounding the ring. Time wasted on talentless harlots like Kelly. Nothing better for Sandman to do than cane the holy hell out of a "sports entertainer" every week. And worst of all, the matches themselves. Two weeks in, counting the PPVs, wrestlers like Justin Credible, Balls Mahoney and Sabu have all been made to look weak. None of the innovative maneuvers that we remember from ECW - in its place is essentially the WWE Hardcore Division masquerading as ECW. We won't get to even see piledrivers or 450s or Shooting Star Presses, let alone the even more death-defying moves out there. Face it, ECW is a shell of its former self. Unless at least some of the above problems are corrected, the brand is doomed. I would say maybe try contacting WWE with feedback, but there's no fazing Vinnie Mac - he can do no wrong in his own eyes.

i do agree that some of the talent are made to seem weak but you have to admit this is wwe brand 3 thats what it is! so we cant complain ccause it is a third wwe brand this os new ecw not old ecw it wont ever be the same so tough! as for keely she trained for a month! leave her be she is hot!

TorrieW lover said:
i do agree that some of the talent are made to seem weak but you have to admit this is wwe brand 3 thats what it is! so we cant complain ccause it is a third wwe brand this os new ecw not old ecw it wont ever be the same so tough! as for keely she trained for a month! leave her be she is hot!
She's hot, but I'll bet she sucks in the ring, and others that have been in OVW and DSW for a much longer time got passed over for some reason - probably because she's 19 and Vinnie Mac has a thing for barely legal chicks.

And while I'm at it, I have to point out again what was said before - Just like I predicted, they made Sabu tap out to John Cena! That is just ridiculous. They don't call the guy the "suicidal, homicidal, genocidal death defying maniac" for nothing, but they made the guy look like a pansy. If Vinnie Mac is determined to make the ECW wrestlers look inferior to the Superstars on the other brands and continues to use this watered-down style for ECW, then it's destined for failure. Maybe that's what Vinnie Mac wanted to do all along - make his former competition look bad under the WWE umbrella.

Look making thread about your impatient account for whats wrong wit ECW yea i used to watch ECW in the 90s and no is not wat it used to be but complaining about whats wrong is not going to make it right. Now ECW will not be the same but i believe it will evolve and get some better quality wrestlers and get a better timeslot on different network. it will evolve but it just takes time i mean what do u want them to do wit a hour its only time for maybe two matches that not enough time to even get their main event guys a match unless they book an extreme battle royal every week. so just be patient and this new ECW will grow on u.

I'm giving it time. Week 2 was a HUGE improvement over week 1. It had 2 good matches on it.

And after reading tommy dreamers internet thing that was on here, well, I can't see him and heyman not getting this right eventually.

Randy Legend Killer Orton said:
Now ECW will not be the same but i believe it will evolve and get some better quality wrestlers and get a better timeslot on different network. it will evolve but it just takes time i mean what do u want them to do wit a hour its only time for maybe two matches that not enough time to even get their main event guys a match unless they book an extreme battle royal every week. so just be patient and this new ECW will grow on u.

Maybe I am being hard on ECW after just two episodes, but look - Paul Heyman's ECW aired on both MSG and TNN for only an hour, but still managed to pack plenty of great matches and angles into every episode. There were several exciting televised matches despite the limited time frame.

And as far as Vinnie Mac's ECW is concerned - after only two episodes, it's already falling into cliches. You watch - I'm predicting that there will be an opening monologue featuring WWE Superstar(s), Sandman will come out to his new crap music and beat another "sports entertainer" senseless, Kelly will do another striptease, someone from the original ECW will wind up jobbing to Kurt Angle or Big Show, and the main event will feature WWE Superstars (probably Edge or Cena) in a match that's far closer in style to WWE than ECW. While I agree that the second episode was a big improvement, it's not hard to see that the show has already become predictable.

well i got admit that the first half hour is predictable the main events are pretty exciting like the tag team match an dhe extreme battle royal. but i believe it will get a bigger time slot an prove itself .

Randy Legend Killer Orton said:
well i got admit that the first half hour is predictable the main events are pretty exciting like the tag team match an dhe extreme battle royal. but i believe it will get a bigger time slot an prove itself .

I like the hardcore element in the battle royal, but I hate the fact that the whole purpose of it was just to put The Big Show over. The tag team match was good also, despite consisting 75% of WWE Superstars and utilizing the WWE style. It was certainly better than the main events we've had on Raw lately (every other week it's one person facing the Spirit Squad).

Soul Crusher said:
I like the hardcore element in the battle royal, but I hate the fact that the whole purpose of it was just to put The Big Show over. The tag team match was good also, despite consisting 75% of WWE Superstars and utilizing the WWE style. It was certainly better than the main events we've had on Raw lately (every other week it's one person facing the Spirit Squad).

Yeah i hope that The Highlanders give the Spirit Squad a run because im tired of seeing Kenny in the main event every week on raw.

ECW is almost overcoming SD! in ratings. They've only had 2 episodes in an one hour time slot! Be the old ECW or not, they're getting ratings! This week, the main event is RVD vs Angle, two ECW "Extremists". And its WWE's fault that WWE Superstars are on ECW every week. They gave the belt to Rob Van Dam, and said Edge would win it. Well, he didn't. They had Cena ready to make RVD tap and win the belt for the 3rd time, but they didn't do it. If they keep prolonging the WWE belt in ECW, then Superstars will be on ECW every week. Now WWE made a triple threat for the belt at SNME, and I'm hoping the belt finally comes off RVD, cause he still has the ECW title.

Lashley-NextBigThing said:
ECW is almost overcoming SD! in ratings. They've only had 2 episodes in an one hour time slot! Be the old ECW or not, they're getting ratings! This week, the main event is RVD vs Angle, two ECW "Extremists". And its WWE's fault that WWE Superstars are on ECW every week. They gave the belt to Rob Van Dam, and said Edge would win it. Well, he didn't. They had Cena ready to make RVD tap and win the belt for the 3rd time, but they didn't do it. If they keep prolonging the WWE belt in ECW, then Superstars will be on ECW every week. Now WWE made a triple threat for the belt at SNME, and I'm hoping the belt finally comes off RVD, cause he still has the ECW title.

I they keep on making ECW like this they won't get ratings because people are not going to watch bulS*!T

its all true it is beating smackdown! but it is only week two u got to remember that and its only a hour so you cant fit that many matches i can bet u any money it will get much better as for raw superstars on raw well as soon as the wwe title go's to back to raw that will hopefully finish ps: LEAVE KELLY ALONE

Week three was better than week two, week two was better than week one, week one was arguably better than ECW not existing. There seems to be a trend there, and I think ECW will keep getting fairly good ratings as long as the show keeps improving. I'd say its already a better show than Smackdown, not quite as good as Raw. But its getting there so, wait and see eh?

Week 3 sucked im sorry.

I watch ecw to see Ecw wrestling not wwe wrestling. We have two shows for that. I understand they have to make changes but it has none of the feels of the old ecw. I mean their making former ECW main eventers like Justin Credible and Tommy Dreamer look like scrubs.

Sandmans awful just coming down beating people down. Kellys sexy yes but theirs no need to waste time with her crap.

Tazz is awful as a commentator. It doesnt have that mature feel to it. Angle and Rvd had a great match but again I couldve sworn I was watching Raw during it.

Why have the ecw name if your not gonna wrestle like we remember in ECW.

Joey Styles & Tazz need to stop insulting the intelligence of the viewer. Quit reminding us every two seconds that "anything goes", and for God's sake, stop using the phrase "Extreme Rules".

Kelly needs to go away. She's attractive, but has nothing else to offer. WWECW needs to drop her and send her back to whatever strip club she came from.

Unless Mike Knox can really step up and perform on the mic and in the ring, he should be the one that puts people over instead of ECW icons like Justin Credible, Stevie Richards and Balls Mahoney.

Sandman should be doing something other than beating "sports entertainers" senseless. I'd love to see him beat the hell out of Kelly and Mike Knox, personally.

Limit the silly gimmicks. I know we're getting a faction of vampires - oh well. Let the gimmicks stop right there. It's awfully hypocritical to mock and embrace "sports entertainment" at the same time.

And finally, enough with the WWE run-ins. It's not like this is a brand-spanking new brand - it's a revival of the wildly popular ECW. It has to evolve, sure, but Vinnie Mac & Co. would be wise to simply give the ECW fans what they want - lengthy matches where anything can happen, lots of innovative maneuvers, and an overall vibe that sets it apart from Raw and SmackDown!

They say that for any WWE fans that might be tuning in. I don't understand why anyone would think that they are saying that fro ECW fans. I just don't get that.

The Masked Vato said:
They say that for any WWE fans that might be tuning in. I don't understand why anyone would think that they are saying that fro ECW fans. I just don't get that.

I guess you're right, but you would think that WWE fans were slow from the way they mention it EVERY 10 SECONDS!!! Come on, once or twice, maybe three times tops, and you're good. Anything more than that is insulting the intelligence of the fans, and making Joey Styles & Taz look like a weak announcing team for having nothing better to say.

1.) Tazz was awful and repetitive as a commentater on SD why did you expect him to be any better on ECW?
2.)Why are they even saying it for WWE fans? I never watched the originel ECW(didn't get it in the UK) yet I'm aware of the concept of no rules as are,I'm sure, all WWE fans.
3.) Yes they need to stop taping at after SD. It's the wrong crowd for ECW in the wrong arenas.
4.) The WWE stars being invovled is to appeal to a more main stream audience and (I'm hoping) is being used to launch the brand it won't be an on going thing.
5.) WWE needs to make it diffrent,not just a third brand otherwise it will just get as bad as SD.:wwf:

common, i love ecw, i was at every hammerstein event before ecw went under plus countless shows prior to that. the new ecw dissapointed me. i dont even enjoy wwe. its horrific. when i turned on the new ecw i saw another wwe show labeled ecw. they now have monday night raw, tuesday night ecw, and thursday night smackdown or whenever it is on now. i can see vince in the background grinding his teeth going "gooooooooood, goooooooooood" when he watches the show. but its pitiful. theres a reason the crowd in teh ecw arena last week chanted "this show sucks" the entire show is different. parents are going to thier 13 year old kids and saying "hey baby, u wanna go see some wrestling tonight?" NO for christ sake keep ur kids at home this is ecw for damn sake. no kids. get it straight vince. make one of your "brands" aimed at adults. strickly for adults. hardcore isnt the word... EXTREME. hardcore to the wwe is soft tin foil trash cans and a ladder. also, NO big venues. get it straight vince, ecw was what it was due to the smaller more intimate crowds. it made the crowd a family. u cant chant in a big arena. u can try, but it doesnt work. keep ecw at smaller venues. some are scheduled. i already got my tickets to the westchester county center. but smaller venues is the way to go and a good place to start. and use to old ecw begining video. let us remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back