ECW Region, Los Angeles Subregion, Second Round:(3)Shawn Michaels vs.(14)Brock Lesnar

Who wins this match?

• Shawn Michaels

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm voting HBK, even in the ECW environment. Lesnar is a beast yes, but is he really a match for Michaels in his prime? No he isn't. There would be a way for Shawn to get through this, not to mention the fact that there may be a HHH to help him out, should Paul Heyman get involved with anything. A sledgehammer shot to the head or a Sweet Chin Music could end this one.

Shawn and Brock never met in a match so I've based my decision on the series of matches that HBK had with the guy most comparable to Lesnar... Kurt Angle. Now, in case anybody should claim that Lesnar is far more powerful than Angle remember that Kurt was always booked as capable of man handling whoever he was in the ring with, regardless of size.

Back to the comparison, Michaels vs Angle never reached a definite decision as it ended 1-1-1. Angle vs Lesnar does have a conclusive winner - Angle. Considering that there was nothing between HBK and Kurt in a time that wouldn't be considered Shawn's storyline prime and that Kurt did come out on top of Brock, I'd have to give the edge to Michaels. Throw in the next big things susceptibility to outside interference/ being double crossed and Shawn having Chyna in his corner (Triple H and Rick Rude are busy in their own matches) and I have to go with HBK.

Shawn and Brock never met in a match so I've based my decision on the series of matches that HBK had with the guy most comparable to Lesnar... Kurt Angle. Now, in case anybody should claim that Lesnar is far more powerful than Angle remember that Kurt was always booked as capable of man handling whoever he was in the ring with, regardless of size.

Back to the comparison, Michaels vs Angle never reached a definite decision as it ended 1-1-1. Angle vs Lesnar does have a conclusive winner - Angle. Considering that there was nothing between HBK and Kurt in a time that wouldn't be considered Shawn's storyline prime and that Kurt did come out on top of Brock, I'd have to give the edge to Michaels. Throw in the next big things susceptibility to outside interference/ being double crossed and Shawn having Chyna in his corner (Triple H and Rick Rude are busy in their own matches) and I have to go with HBK.

Brock beat Kurt Angle at the main event of Wrestlemania and in an Iron Man Match. Angle beat Lesnar at Summerslam. If we're talking about Lesnar's prime as 2002-2004, he's 2-1 in singles matches against Angle and I'm not counting that Eric Angle switcharoo a few weeks before WM 19.

Brock beat Kurt Angle at the main event of Wrestlemania and in an Iron Man Match. Angle beat Lesnar at Summerslam. If we're talking about Lesnar's prime as 2002-2004, he's 2-1 in singles matches against Angle and I'm not counting that Eric Angle switcharoo a few weeks before WM 19.

So why does his period dominating in Japan not count as "prime"? Angle defeated Lesnar for the title there. Plus Angle overcame Lesnar AND Show, pinning Brock. That gives Angle the edge in my books. 5 World Title Matches - Angle wins 3 and Brock wins 2.

Brock only has one advantage over HBK, his strength, and the longer the match goes the less of an advantage it is.
HBK (pre-back injury) was an absolute master of taking a beating, not giving up and stealing a quick win and I can't think of one big guy that he doesn't have a win over. This is afterall the guy who beat Prime Cena clean over an hour. I saw someone conveniently mention Batista beating HBK, conveniently forgetting that HBK beat Batista the previous month by faking an injury. How about Mankind at his most demented? Vader? Sid? Yokozuna? Diesel? Remember how much it took to keep HBK down in his very last match? A match that came 11 years past his peak.
HBK pulls it off, he'll run, piss Brock odd, drag the match out for as long as possible and then pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I see a lot of people thinking because this match is extreme rules that Lesnar would destroy Michaels. People seem to think Brock's MMA background along with his size and strength give him the advantage. What's interesting is Michaels has wins over bigger guys like Diesel and Triple H in this environment while the unstoppable MMA fighting machine lost to John Cena just last year.

Also what about that David vs. Goliath thing people were trying to sell in the Vader vs. Mysterio match? The thing being overlooked there was in order for Goliath to become Goliath he needed to destroy some Davids along the way. Then a worthy David could come along to knock off Goliath. Mysterio was the kind of guy to be sacrificed to Goliath while Michaels is the kind of guy to be the David that defeats the monster.

Well I'll tell you I'm one of the biggest HBK fans there is and I can't believe he won this. Brock pretty much anihilates any fucker especially in a no holds barred environment, however Brock has been on the other end.

Hell he lost his first match back at Extreme Rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back