ECW Region, London Area, First Round: (16) Scott Hall vs. (17) Dynamite Kid

Who Wins This Match?

• Scott Hall

• Dynamite Kid

Results are only viewable after voting.
How would you rate Benoits mic work? Because...

EddieandBenoitWMXX.jpg

Oh look, Heavyweight champion.
The only reason 1 is successful and 1 is not is because someone (Vince) chose it to be that way. And Dynamite was an ass. History is littered with talented people who could have been great champions but weren't offered the support, as much as it's filled with people who were undeservingly pushed to levels beyond them.

Oh joy; Vince holds down the small wrestlers and keeps them from the top!

Err... Not quite. If anything, Scott Hall had his biggest success outside of the WWE. Mind you, that was built on his WWE run, but Scott went away from Vince, and made his money. And he made so much money, WCW became a gigantic success.

Tell me, when did Dynamite Kid ever make money? Look, I get it, Kid's great in the ring. But if Vince felt like he could make money, he woulda pushed him.

Oh, and by the way, Benoit's win was a victory lap for all his work in wrestling. It's great if you think Vince gave him his run because he thought he was the best. But you'd be wrong

Who the hell said that here?

Ok first for the shits n giggles, I would actually pick Scott Hall in a match against Benoit. That's just me, brother; as great as he was in the ring, Benoit just lacked everywhere else. The same is true of Dynamite Kid. He was a fantastic worker, but nothing more than that, honestly.

Let me ask you a question; is there a moment in his entire career that you can say, "wow, that man is a star"? Can you give me even one? How about some great promo that he cut, that made you want to pay money to watch him? For as great as Kid was in the ring, he lacked everywhere else. Fuck, everyone brings up how much Bret Hart praised Kid's in ring work. He also talked about a scale, in which he gauged how big of a star a wrestler is, based on wrestling ability, promo, and look. It was a scoring system from 1-10, and you know what he ranked him as a promo?

He ranked him a 2. Two out of ten. This is Bret Hart, who few will say cuts the best promo in the world. And I feel he was bein generous giving him that much. I hate to repeat myself again, but it's like I said earlier in this match; great seller who could make his opponents look great.

In wrestling circles, that will get you far. Here, you lose to the bigger star

I grant you that Scott Hall had great moments, drew money for awhile, made a name for himself in two promotions and was better on the mic (when sober). However, those aren't criteria that I used to judge a potential match up. I used one simple criteria - who would win this match in an ECW ring at the height of their careers? Nothing about promos, nothing about star moments or drawing money. Who would win.

Dynamite was a talented worker who was a title run away from being mentioned with the all-time greats. Scott Hall was an alcoholic who had some ability but had a too-kind reputation that preceded him.

I'm not taking anything away from Hall. He was great and I loved the Razor Ramon character. But name one awesome match he had beyond the two ladder matches and the Royal Rumble match with Bret. Dynamite had dozens of awesome matches, almost every match he had was 4 star.

Dynamite should take this match.

Assuming this match is in England, there's no real doubt that Dynamite would win. As a singles competitor, he was not as successful as Scott Hall, but at the same time, he was not so much less successful that the location advantage wouldn't see him through. I think this would be a fantastic match, but ultimately, I think you have to go with the smaller more athletic worker over the guy that has a history losing to such wrestlers.

I grant you that Scott Hall had great moments, drew money for awhile, made a name for himself in two promotions and was better on the mic (when sober). However, those aren't criteria that I used to judge a potential match up. I used one simple criteria - who would win this match in an ECW ring at the height of their careers? Nothing about promos, nothing about star moments or drawing money. Who would win.

Dynamite was a talented worker who was a title run away from being mentioned with the all-time greats. Scott Hall was an alcoholic who had some ability but had a too-kind reputation that preceded him.

I'm not taking anything away from Hall. He was great and I loved the Razor Ramon character. But name one awesome match he had beyond the two ladder matches and the Royal Rumble match with Bret. Dynamite had dozens of awesome matches, almost every match he had was 4 star.

Dynamite should take this match.

You just didn't watch ECW, apparently. Heels won regularly there. Usually in extremely hostile enviornments. Heyman would definitely book Hall, the bigger start by a LOT, to win here in devious fashion to gain even MORE heat. If you're talking about ECW booking patterns, there's no way that Dynamite would win here. Heyman would probably use it to start an angle after the tournament, actually. Of course, he'd have to get somebody else to cut Dynamite's promos for him, because he was a stiff, but hey.

Assuming this match is in England, there's no real doubt that Dynamite would win. As a singles competitor, he was not as successful as Scott Hall, but at the same time, he was not so much less successful that the location advantage wouldn't see him through. I think this would be a fantastic match, but ultimately, I think you have to go with the smaller more athletic worker over the guy that has a history losing to such wrestlers.

I think this is very, very wrong. Hall was a much, much more accomplished singles wrestler than Dynamite. The gap is quite large. All of Dynamite's individual success came in Japan (not in an American style federation) in a junior heavyweight division. He's out of his depth here. He'll win, because this is an IWC place and everyone likes to look cool by picking the "underappreciated" guy, but it doesn't mean it's the right result, or, as I pointed out above, the result that Heyman or Vince would book.

Dynamite Kid.

An incredible athlete who completely outmanoeuvres Hall. Scott is big and slow whereas Dynamite is big and agile. One of the best workers ever in the business, by far, Dynamite Kid is gonna win this.

i'm more of a fan of scott hall's, and i think they would have a match of similar calibre to hbk vs razor, but i think Dynamite would go over, too technically sound and a tough little bastard beats the bad guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back