ECW Growing On Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
When ECW started again a few months ago I thought it was absolute crap, but after a few months I think it's got a lot better.

Here are a few reasons why:-

1. R.V.D. would be a midcarder on Smackdown or Raw but in ECW he's a main eventer
2. C.M. Punk would'nt get half as big a push if he was on the other brands.
3. Not as many worthless promos as Raw.
4. The Sandman, Dreamer, Mahoney and Sabu are actually being given something to do, and arent being treated like complete jobbers.
5. Kevin Thorn is an improvement on the Mordecai gimmick
6. Ariel and Kelly Kelly are'nt unpleasent on the eye.
7. With only one title they can concentrate on making that as important as possible.
8. It's only an hour so they dont fill it with as much worthless shit as Raw and Smackdown.

The only negatives I see at the moment are Hardcore Holly, Striker and Dupree, who were'nt over in WWE so they will struggle in ECW.

Also Big Show who's become so lazy in the past few years his matches have become slower than 'Takers ring entrance.

I don't mind Holly that much he's always worked his ass off but they do need to get the belt off Big Show & back around RVD's waist. yeah he fucked up but so did Sabu (not that i would'nt mind Sabu getting the belt) & he keeps getting title shots when RVD never even got a rematch, he worked long & hard to get his first heavyweight title.

ECW is kind of growing on me too.

The Sabu and RVD vs. Mike Knox and Test in an "extreme rules" match was actually pretty good. I was really shocked.

I was insulted by Depree's presence on ECW last night. I mean...come on...even Tazz made fun of the fact that he did an elbow drop off the first rope. He looks incredibly awkward in an ECW ring (and probably in a ring as a matter of fact) and folks at the Hammerstein Ballroom would eat this guy alive. I feel that RVD was very over with the WWE fans and I think he was used properly in the WWE. Nonetheless, ECW is the better place for him.

I think CM Punk needs some longer matches. National television hasn't really showed how ridiculously good this guy is yet...

I'll have to agree with all of you. It'll be a matter of time before the WWE brings back the ECW Tv Tilte and Tag team titles.

The only thing i watch on ECW right now is C.M. Punk. I probably am missing a shit load of good stuff by doing that, but my interest in wrestling is at an all time low right now.

my first impression of cm punk was that he was going to be another shannon moore, another pushover, he has really surprised me though, he could build his character to be a main eventer if he were to bulk up a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back