ECW Better as an Internet Broadcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTWChamp

Occasional Pre-Show
I was just thinking about this today. Of course it makes no sense now as the WWE got some great ratings out of the first show (we'll see if that shit-fest keeps getting those kind of ratings). But the question I pose is would ECW have been better off as just an Internet broadcast?

I'm not sure if it would be, but I think I raise a good question. Would ECW have been able to get away with more on just an internet broadcast as it would just be an after-thought? Or would WWE still stifle it like it has? Would we get to see the real ECW arenas as a back drop if this happened? Or would they still be taping before Smackdown to save a buck? The more I think about it I don't know. I do know that ECW wouldn't have Sci-Fi breathing down it's fucking necks about giving us these dumbass characters.

Again the jury is still out for this guy. I was just curious what you guys thought about this plan, either for the short-term (until they could get a deal on USA), or the long term.

I dunno, cuz look what happened to heat and velocity, they are literally unheard of. good Q. though, and also i think that the WWE would have to consider the bandwidth of the broadcast. Thousands or even more, people will watch and it will cost a LOT of pennies.

Sean :D

It is a good question, I think it would be good as a Net broadcast, if they broadcasted the house shows instead of making it like Heat and velocity. Nocharacters, No censoring crowd actions, and wrestling matches would be able to go on for more then 3 minutes without worrying about a specific time limit

I think they need to change the network. I mean the Sci Fi channel come on. They should go to a channel that is not going to be pussy and let the fans chant what they want and let Kelly show her :boobs:. Like the FX Network or Spike TV. also they have to stop being in the same arena as Smackdown. They are not going to be as edgy as the real ECW fans. Was it just me or were the fans VERY QUIET during the episode. Sometimes I found myself celebrating my ass off and being loud but the Smackdown fans could barely been heard.

gamehead said:
I think they need to change the network. I mean the Sci Fi channel come on. They should go to a channel that is not going to be pussy and let the fans chant what they want and let Kelly show her :boobs:. Like the FX Network or Spike TV. also they have to stop being in the same arena as Smackdown. They are not going to be as edgy as the real ECW fans. Was it just me or were the fans VERY QUIET during the episode. Sometimes I found myself celebrating my ass off and being loud but the Smackdown fans could barely been heard.

I swear,some of you guys. I could care less about Kelly's breasts. If I want to see that,I'll tell my girlfriend to pull up her shirt. I don't need to see that on a wrestling show. I watch wrestling for the wrestling. I don't watch it to see women's breast. And even if I did,after the whole Janet Jackson fiasco(which I think was way overblown) no network is gonna risk letting some diva show her breasts out of fear of getting fined by the FCC. Spike TV had ECW and look how fast they got rid of them when the WWE said they wanted to be on their network.

Has far has beeing edgy,I just don't think any network is willing to do it,basically because they don't want to pay the fines the FCC is handing out. Hell,even the WWE has toned it down a bit.

I don't think the problem is the channel, being on tv, anything. I think its Vinces involvement, and the WWE in general not "getting" it.

My thinking on it was that there would not be as much time constraint. Also with it being an internet broadcast, like Velocity and Heat, it would be kind of forgotten, but that's the point. All of us real ECW fans would still watch the show and maybe if it was an afterthought, Vince wouldn't be pushing his dumbass ideas as much as he is now. I'm not sure how it would work, but this was the thing that intrigued me when I was making the post yesterday.

i think it could be because they may hav a biger time slot and some ways it may be better for them to just stay on television but switch to a different network like FX or spike or maybe G4.

No, just no! I'm not talking about thriving, I'm talking about the possibility of it being more true to the original product than it appears to be now. Would be as big as a success. Hell no! Would it be more of what we want to see as true ECW fans? I think it very well could be.

vince needs to just let paul heyman do all the work. I mean boobs are great and in the real ecw not this watered down trash. I would of wanted to see kelly's boobs but they didnt show because it was network tv so it was pointless a pointless tease not only was i teased by that i was teased by watching an "ecw" show and not seeing ecw action or fans or even the real opening theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back