Drew McIntyre's face turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
Well, the IWC seems to be in love with this guy, plus this is something a lot of people keeop saying they want it to happen soon, so let's cut to the chase, this is pretty much like my first thread about a face turn for Sheamus, except this time it's a much easier challenge, Drew McIntyre, now the reason why I think turning Drew face would be easier than turning Sheamus face is because I think there are a lot of ways to turn Drew face, the most notable way is to make him restart his program with Kelly Kelly, say defend her against Kharma or Cole and Swagger I think Drew feuding with Cole and Swagger would be great for a face turn. so here are my questions :

- Do You Want Drew McIntyre to turn face?
- If You don't then why not?
- if so then how would you book it?

Yes, I think Drew Mac turning face is a good idea and here is how I would do it.

Have a "Raw Roulette" night where Drew Mac has to face Mason Ryan; have Ryan and Nexus destroy Mac. Drew Mac now takes 2-3 months off.

Run video vignettes on some "warrior of truth and morality" or something coming to bring justice to the WWE. Have Nexus members (or other heels) start being found backstage attacked.

Eventually have a heel beatdown of a face like Morrison (if he's back) or Rey Mysterio-say Truth, Del Rio, Clay and Mason Ryan. Have Macintyre come down and save the face in a stoic like fashion (just come in, beat down the heels, hit them with the Future Shock and leave) he doesn't need to talk much, but when he does, he says things like he's here to bring justice to those who have wronged the world. Keep him dynamic tho, like an upper-mid-card Randy Orton

No he shouldn't turn face because live crowds don't like him and I personally think he has the look of a heel but needs more time which he wont get being on the raw roster. If Drew was still on smackdown right now he would have his real test to see if hes worth anything.

- Do You Want Drew McIntyre to turn face?

No.

- If You don't then why not?

Because i want him to go away from my tv. He is almost a jobber right now anyway.

- if so then how would you book it?

I'm not a booker, i'm only a fan. Therefore i don't know how to book wrestling shows.

No he shouldn't turn face because live crowds don't like him.

Crowds don't care about him, and that's different from being hated or not liked.

Agree it seem the crowd doesn't care for him. Maybe he doesnt need the face turn effect but need the faction effect. Put him with Truth so if a New Nation arise its less racial. Maybe a face turn after a year or so. Maybe fans will care than personally I like him and Vince does too! Or once did.... shrug

Agree it seem the crowd doesn't care for him. Maybe he doesnt need the face turn effect but need the faction effect. Put him with Truth so if a New Nation arise its less racial. Maybe a face turn after a year or so. Maybe fans will care than personally I like him and Vince does too! Or once did.... shrug

WWE pushes guys too soon. That is a big problem.

He will fail as a face right now. He is heel all the way.

The way to do this is simple... Drew is the guy who steps up for Morrison... He calls out Truth for taking the "shortcut" and that while he despises JoMo... he deserved better... Truth robbed Drew of the chance to take the title from JoMo... and thats "the truth"...

By default Drew steps into the void left by JoMo and there is a ready made feud for him on his return.... for the belt...

The way to do this is simple... Drew is the guy who steps up for Morrison... He calls out Truth for taking the "shortcut" and that while he despises JoMo... he deserved better... Truth robbed Drew of the chance to take the title from JoMo... and thats "the truth"...

By default Drew steps into the void left by JoMo and there is a ready made feud for him on his return.... for the belt...

Quoting The Miz: "...Really...?"

Just by default? Doesn't a wrestler have to justify a push, by being good on the mic or causing some kind reaction (good or bad) from the crowd during promos or matches?

What has he done to deserve such a push?

Haven't you noticed that the WWE couldn't give a damn about this guy?

To the people who are saying he shouldn't because he has the "look of the heel" and stuff, just think of this. Sometimes a heel has to turn face and then have another heel turn to get even more heat than his/her first heel run. The same goes for faces. It's a cycle.

But yes, I do want to see Drew as a face for at least the summer. Perhaps have him teaming with Kelly again, and getting really close to a championship. And once he can't capture the championship, have him go ballistic (like when T-Lo stripped him of his title and suspended him last year).

So yes, I want him to go face. But only to enhance his character as a heel.

The company already wanted to make Drew a face......using the program with Kelly to accomplish it. Why they abandoned the whole thing is a mystery......and worth taking a look at.

I thought the series had the potential to become a major point of interest in WWE programming. If the problem was that it wasn't eliciting much reaction from the fans, I would ask: Wasn't that the idea for the early part of the program? After all, the beginning had Drew telling Kelly he wasn't as vicious as he appears in the ring.....and her just wanting him to go away. Then, after winning a match and making a show of not stomping his defeated opponent, Drew left the ring as Kelly was entering, looking after Drew as he walked away from her. He had captured her interest, that's for sure.

These two focus points were designed to keep the audience guessing; not cheering or jeering. The crowd was supposed to sit and watch....and wait for them to finally get together (or not), with Drew probably turning face if they did. Or, perhaps Kelly would have turned bad after associating with Drew (a la Edge/Lita). The possibilities were exciting.

But then, they dropped it all in favor of Kelly being fired. When she returned, she was teaming with Edge against Drew, and the last thing we heard of this program was Drew yelling at her that he was the only one who stood up for her.

Then......gone.

Did the company drop the program because they felt it wasn't getting enough reaction? And, if so, isn't it obvious why they hadn't gone far enough for there to be a reaction? Why didn't the company follow through? Did they intend to turn Drew good? Did they intend to turn Kelly bad?

I believe the answer to those questions may determine what the direction of Drew's WWE career will be.

To be honest I dunno if he has the mic-skills to be a 'regular' face. He would be more potent as a face but the fact is it has to be done masking his disadvantages. Smaller promos, longer matches with established names, and a few good squashes would get him there perhaps.The Kelly program was actually interesting, and the addition of Edge made Drew's eventual face turn more anticipated.

The fact is, and this has been said to death, he has IT boys and girls.The crowd would love the guy, but he has to go Batista-much-anticipated-road-to-WM21-win rather than the 'Please Cheer for Ted Dibiasie Jr route'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back