Drawing the line.

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
Does anyone else remember Shane Douglas's promo in which he is holding the old NWA title, and explains that it means nothing. If you haven't youtube it. Douglas made it simple, and what he said gave ECW its "feel". He was saying good bye to all those washed up has beens who did nothing except hold stars like him back. He goes through the list of names blah, blah, blah.

It was a moment as a wrestling fan that I have not forgotten, and plan not on forgetting. Douglas made it feel like there was something new for wrestling on the horizon, and he was a great part of it. The things he said for back then were "extreme". He basically drew the line of where things were for ECW.

Now we are in 2009, and no today's ECW isn't the ECW Shane Douglas was talking about. Yet, in any case it is ECW. Where is that guy who will do what Shane did more than 10 years ago, and "draw the line"? Draw the line you ask. Yes, who is going to come out, and talk about how the old ECW is dead. The old ECW is something none of those people in the audience should be expecting. Do what Shane did, but in reverse. This time announcing a new era of "extreme".

I like Jack Swagger, but I honestly think there is only one man who could run the mic in a similar manner. That is The Brian Kendrick. He would make the perfect ECW world champion. Yes, he could beat Swagger especially with Zeke at ringside. TBK is made for ECW right now, and who is to say he wouldn't show up on Smackdown? Matt Hardy was SD every week it seems since he was in ECW. Lets not also forget about Miz/Morrison whom seem to be on every show.

Kendrick seems like the character that could come off as revolutionary or visionary. He can provide solid matches that would entertain most old ECW fans if given the right worker to have a match with. Kendrick has a unique, but adaptive WWE style. His ring work is noteworthy, and I feel he can bring back that old school ecw wrestling. He is like a flashy Raven with the wrestling ability of old ecw lucha libre. Kendrick has that loner type feel, but arrogant attitude at the same time. He isn't as poetic as Raven was, but he does say some deep shit. What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back