"Greatest" Champ?

carolinadude

Dark Match Winner
Who do you think is the greatest ECW champ of all time (WWECW doesn't count- only up to Rhino)?

I'd say Shane Douglas. He's the one who "upped the bar", when he threw the NWA belt down and started the "Extreme" stuff. He called out WWF/WCW guys like Flair and Hogan constantly, had awesome matches with guys like Al Snow, Taz, Sabu, and many others. He was always a great heel, and all around performer. I still liked Raven best, though I wouldn't say he was the "greatest".

I gotta agree with The Franchise. He doesn't get enough credit for what he brought to the table. He was the main event guy that turned the company into a revolutionary direction. A great heel that was underated in the ring.

another vote for Douglas. when i think "ECW Champ" he's the first that comes to mind. best representation of ECW, he bridged the gap between old and new and ECW and mainstream wrestling. i know he'd hate to hear this but he was the Ric Flair of ECW.

Yet another Vote for the Franchise, He never ever gets any credit for his wrestling accolades, I think had he not have had falling outs with Vince and Co, He would be much more mainstream recognized today. Had awesome run in ECW as there champ and will rightly go down as a INDY legend in wrestling, Had a not to bad run with the old wcw in the Revolution and was also XPW champ and actually gave ppl a reason to watch that shit of an organisation. And also one of my Fav wrestlers, He is the Franchise

carolinadude said:
Who do you think is the greatest ECW champ of all time (WWECW doesn't count- only up to Rhino)?

I'd say Shane Douglas. He's the one who "upped the bar", when he threw the NWA belt down and started the "Extreme" stuff. He called out WWF/WCW guys like Flair and Hogan constantly, had awesome matches with guys like Al Snow, Taz, Sabu, and many others. He was always a great heel, and all around performer. I still liked Raven best, though I wouldn't say he was the "greatest".

1st and far most the Greatest champ is Taz he was the man no 1 but sabu came close he was the most feared(.)

AT #2 Sabu he was f'ing crazy the 2nd most feared man on the roster

AT 3 Douglas yes was the 1st and was the best heel but remember dean douglas in wwe he sold out to wwf and wcw.

4th is SandMan the and face it no SandMan no Stone Cold and most over guy in ecw nex to RVD best endtries in ecw

5)RAven - do i need 2 say any thing

6th Rhyno - the man beast most extreme and intense Goldberg Brock who. and you save the best 4 last

Mike Awesome may have jumped to WCW but face facts he dominated ECW.

Taz was just cool.

But Douglas was ECW.

wp2 4 life said:
1st and far most the Greatest champ is Taz he was the man no 1 but sabu came close he was the most feared(.)

AT #2 Sabu he was f'ing crazy the 2nd most feared man on the roster

AT 3 Douglas yes was the 1st and was the best heel but remember dean douglas in wwe he sold out to wwf and wcw.

4th is SandMan the and face it no SandMan no Stone Cold and most over guy in ecw nex to RVD best endtries in ecw

5)RAven - do i need 2 say any thing

6th Rhyno - the man beast most extreme and intense Goldberg Brock who. and you save the best 4 last

Sabu was a great athlete, and he might have deserved to have a longer reign, but he only held the world title about a week or less, if I recall. He wouldn't be in the running. Not who you like the best. Who was the greatest champion.

LOL@Douglas sold out...

everybody left ECW to get paid...not just Douglas...your favorite champion TAzZ held the ECW title as a WWF(E) jobber....hahahaha...when you think of the most identifiable "extreme" era ECW champion there are the same names mentioned...and they all left ECW before the dam broke...so fuck anybody narrow minded enough to believe that Douglas is a "sell out"...

scalizi said:
LOL@Douglas sold out...

everybody left ECW to get paid...not just Douglas...your favorite champion TAzZ held the ECW title as a WWF(E) jobber....hahahaha...when you think of the most identifiable "extreme" era ECW champion there are the same names mentioned...and they all left ECW before the dam broke...so fuck anybody narrow minded enough to believe that Douglas is a "sell out"...

(so fuck anybody narrow minded enough to believe that Douglas is a "sell out"...) OK Bro let's Look at this 4 a min. Douglas was the man who help start the EXtreme era right? So why was he the 1st to sell out and 2 times at that now I love this guy but come on open your eyes bro. he jump ship when the company he help start and who help star him, needed him most. now if that's not a sell out iI don't know what is.

Now on to Tazz he was and is the most Feared ECW champ
your boy Douglas when he was champ back in the day ducked and ran from Tazz cuz at the time Tazz was a killer look even Sabu at one time was 1st and is now the 2nd most feared man in ECW and Tazz made him TAP 2. And talk about a wwe or wwf jobber did you 4-get Dean Douglas 1 of the bigest jobbers of all time 2 HBK. Now Tazz is viicious and would kill any and all who needed a good ass kickin

and that's that's Bro sorry.:fuckoff: :burn: :cuss2: :headbanger:

scalizi said:
LOL@Douglas sold out...

I agree, almost every wrestler has "sold out" at one point in their career, if not there would only be indy promotions around. Douglas just went to where the money was at in WCW. Would you turn down a 6 figure guarenteed contract when you weren't making any money at your other job? Atleast 1/2 the time Heyman had control over ECW it was in financial problems. Douglas, in my eyes was one of the major reasons ECW was what it was. Taz too, but Douglas was the one who really put taz over with the fans IMO. Only difference between Taz and Douglas selling out, is that Douglas in turn shitted on ECW after he left(Something that was probably in his WCW contract) Douglas IMO was the best champion, although RVD should have had his chance in the original, and Sabu should've had a longer run

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back