Does Kane deserve one last push?

J Fine

Dark Match Winner
So I was poking around youtube and I stumbled upon some old footage of Kane and I started to think to myself what the hell happened to the big red machine? Back in the attitude era, his entrance music used to send shivers down everyone's spine. Now? He's basically a jobber.

As most of you probably know, Glen Jacobs has been a part of the WWE for almost 17 years, being one of only a select few who was around before the attitude era that still wrestles in the WWE today. In addition, he's been one of their most loyal employees. I mean honestly who remembers when Kane took a significant amount of time off? And even if he did, would anyone care anymore or even notice? Probably not.

In terms of tenure with the WWE, he stands next to only Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and the Undertaker. Every other top guy is a remnant of the 90s or debuted recently. The thing that irks me the most is that above all of that, he has only held the world title once. Sure he's held every other title a couple of times, but I mean cmon he had the WWE championship for 1 DAY. Hell he was around before Stone Cold (who he won the title from) was around and still wrestles years after Stone Cold had his last match.

So, does Kane deserve one last main event push? In my opinion, he does. He's been floating around the mid card for years and he deserves at least one more title reign. He still has the strength and endurance to be able to carry matches with any of the top guys. In addition, he's already in his mid forties and he's bound to retire soon. As one of WWE's most loyal employees, it would be a complete slap in the face if they didn't reward him after all of these years with a title reign.

Here's how I would do it. Kane needs to bring the mask back. He teased it last year but all that came out of it was a short feud with Mysterio. I think it would be cool if out of the blue, he loses a match to some low level guy embarassingly quickly. In a fit of rage, he brings his mask back and begins to destroy EVERYTHING in his path. I'm talking about attacking several different superstars a night just for fun. Every time creative brings his monster gimmick back it's too focused. He needs to go completely insane just for the kicks. Then comes the royal rumble. Without hinting at it too much, he wins the rumble. He's always dominated the match, why not win it for a change? His win doesn't end his insanity though, it just fuels it more. In the process, by attacking faces and heels in exciting fashion he becomes a tweener, most likely getting over with the fans. Then...WRESTLEMANIA 26. Kane vs.......ummmm......whoever is champion at the time haha it doesn't really matter. The match is hyped up beyond belief and at the ppv, there is a stipulation. The two best would be either an inferno match or hell in a cell. Kane wins (which may surprise most, especially if the defender is a face). However long his title reign is, as long as he can salvage his career and prove himself worthy again then it does not matter. Give your thoughts on this...

In my opinion he should have won the MiTB match and gotten one last title run maybe on smackdown or something but since he has been Kane i think he has take one long break in 2002 for about 4 or 5 months and came back to fued with Triple H for the title but got screwed... so he does need one last run because he has probably 2 years at most left.

I love the idea of him going completely nuts and bringing the mask back. That's the sort of idea that just screams excitement (does that fit into the PG format though?)

Something needs to be done about his 1 day run as champ, he has given way too much to WWE and I feel like they haven't rewarded him fairly.

Give Kane another run.

Who says he can't bring the mask back?

Make a storyline where he is in an explosion or something, show him unconscious bandaged in the hospital reporting he has 60% burns to his face whatever. When he returns, his face is again scarred, so he brings the mask back and goes nuts from the trauma. One last tilt at the title. Would be perfect IMO and so easy to do.

Kane's had enough chances in my opinion and I really don't think the mask should come back. Taking it off of him was a huge mistake - there's not really a place for him without it. The mask gave him character, made him the big red machine. Without it, he's only big. He has no character, no charisma. Nothing that convinces me he should be pushed more.

Yea, Kane should be involved in some storyline that gets him thrown into a fire or explosion or something. I think someone like Chris Jericho would be a good person to use to cause this. Kane's face gets messed up from the fire, and he comes back with the mask on and takes on the old Kane persona, but as a face. He beats Jericho, and makes his way to winning the WWE title. Although if he's on RAW, he'd have to face HHH, who ironically is the one that caused the mask to be taken off about 6 years ago.
Taking the mask off him made him "weak", and just a big guy, nothing special.

I thought that back when Kane was starting his feud with Rey Mysterio, I thought he had his own mask in that "mystery bag". But it turned out to be Mysterio's mask...that feud/storyline made absolutely no sense to me.
I think creative couldn't think of anything for Kane so they just threw something together so fast that they didn't realize it was so crappy.

No no no no no NO! The big red losing machine is by far the dullest character in the WWE! I'm so bored of the fire, the switching from face to heel week in week out and WWE playing up the monster thing when all he does is lose all the time.

The mask Kane has been and gone and bringing it back would only re-hash something we've seen before and wouldnt be as good anyway.

Bored of him, send him to ECW or TNA where he now belongs.

I'd say Kane definately deserves one more run with the WWE or World Heavyweight Championships for two reasons: 1. Because his only WWE title run was a complete joke and he deserved a longer term. 2. He could easily be transformed back into the monster he once was with the title round his waist which would likely increase ratings as i have many friends who say they stopped watching wrestling when Kane took his mask off.

Yes he does...the rumor I heard was that Taker wanted him to be the man he faces in his last match so what better way to bring back the old Kane then to have him fued with Taker, the reason he came to the WWE to begin with, and have him reborn. He could snap and go crazy, destroying everyone and anyone in his way during the fued. Put the mask back on him, bring the original character back. Similar to the way Taker went back to his original gimmick prior to thier match at Wrestlemania 20 I think it was...This fued and the change back to the old Kane could build him up into the monster he used to be and be used to push him into the main event. Give him one more title run for all the loyal years of service he has given the WWE and its fans. The fans marked out like crazy when Taker turned back into the deadman after yrs of being the biker so why cant it work for Kane. Even if you dont like him, he deserves one last title run. This coild be effective and fun!

i think kane DESERVES a major push, and i know exactly how to do it too

start up a third and final feud for him
Kane vs Undertaker

start it asap, and then at Armagedon they have a buried alive match, in which the Undertaker burns kane and tosses him and beats Kane in that match, so now kane "disappears" for a bit, but while he is gone, 3 weeks later, start teasing Undertaker "kane is coming for you" "hell will bring you down" and stuff like Undertaker teases his returns to freak out people, and then at the 2010 Royal Rumble, Undertaker wins the World Heavyweight Championship...2010 Royal Rumble Match, Kane returns and wins it, and while he wins the match he beats his own record and takes out 12 people in one match...and then at Wrestlemania 26 - Wrold Heavyweight Championship - Undertaker vs Kane
Kanes wins the World title again and ends the undertaker's streak!
there is my way of giving kane a big push

Yea, Kane should be involved in some storyline that gets him thrown into a fire or explosion or something. I think someone like Chris Jericho would be a good person to use to cause this. Kane's face gets messed up from the fire, and he comes back with the mask on and takes on the old Kane persona, but as a face. He beats Jericho, and makes his way to winning the WWE title. Although if he's on RAW, he'd have to face HHH, who ironically is the one that caused the mask to be taken off about 6 years ago.
Taking the mask off him made him "weak", and just a big guy, nothing special.

I thought that back when Kane was starting his feud with Rey Mysterio, I thought he had his own mask in that "mystery bag". But it turned out to be Mysterio's mask...that feud/storyline made absolutely no sense to me.
I think creative couldn't think of anything for Kane so they just threw something together so fast that they didn't realize it was so crappy.

good thought but it was actually rvd that made him take off his mask.

Kane will NOT end Taker's streak. So far he is the only one Vince has said ok to do it, but he refused to end the streak. He said he doesn't want to take away from the legacy of the Undertaker. Kane definitely deserves another run with the title but it may be him who turns it down. He is all about the business, and the reason he loses a lot is because he likes to put younger guys over because he said he is retiring soon and they are the future of the company.

No it was HHH. Kane lost a match to HHH where it was a title vs. mask match on RAW. Kane and RVD were a tag team at the time and after taking the mask off Kane turned Heel by attacking RVD.

YES kane does deserve a massive push...hes came out and said he likes puttin other talent over and we all know and appreciate this but i think sum1 should make him realise that hes not got long left he WILL be a hall of famer at one point so wot other way to go out than puttin the mask that put him on the map and giving him a decent title run or maybe even a wrestlemania headliner again with the undertaker.....i just hope they do something with him soon before its too late...hes still had an amazing career but he NEEDS a proper run with the strap

Well First Of All, London_legacy, Men You Suck.

Ok Now, Ahmmm I Thought Kane Was Going To Win The Mitb Ladder Match At Wm 25, Come On, That Freaking Cm Punk Again!! Damn It! Punk Has Been Only 3 Or 4 Years In Wwe And They Gave Him A World Title And Now The Mitb Again, And Kane With 15-16 Years In He Company, Nothing, Shit!!!

Kane Should Receive A Last World Title Reign Please, I Doesn't Matter If It Hurts The Ratings (which I Think I Would Help Instead) But To Give One Of Your Best Employees A Gift A Reward.

Reactions: gd
Kane's had enough chances in my opinion and I really don't think the mask should come back. Taking it off of him was a huge mistake - there's not really a place for him without it. The mask gave him character, made him the big red machine. Without it, he's only big. He has no character, no charisma. Nothing that convinces me he should be pushed more.

He hasn't had enough chances. I'd argue he continues to be mroe over than a lot of the newer guys, and giving him one last push would be a good reward to a loyal worker, and also mean that in the future when he jobs to someone it means more than it currently does. The fans will still buy Kane as a legit threat IMO.

btw I'm not specifically targetting your posts lol

HELL NO!!!!!! Who are you people who think this guy is good? The big guys are the reason MITB match sucked at WM 25. This guy sucks! I have said it before Kane is a Nailz gimmic that went on 10 years too long! He can't cut a promo, can't wrestle a match more than 5-10 minutes, has never had an interesting angle, no charisma, and did I mention HE SUCKS! Why can't he have a retirement match next Monday and lose?

HELL NO!!!!!! Who are you people who think this guy is good? The big guys are the reason MITB match sucked at WM 25. This guy sucks! I have said it before Kane is a Nailz gimmic that went on 10 years too long! He can't cut a promo, can't wrestle a match more than 5-10 minutes, has never had an interesting angle, no charisma, and did I mention HE SUCKS! Why can't he have a retirement match next Monday and lose?

Because people still like him an he's gonna be remembered in history far lonegr than Ken kennedy, Jack Swagger, Kozlov or whoeer else is flavour of the month. People I know who only watched until like 2001/2002 tend to know a few guys, austin, rock, undertaker, hhh and yes kane. His gimmick is sucessfull and I don't think you can deny that.

I thought Kane and HHH had a match, and the stipulation was that if HHH won, Kane loses the mask.
RVD and Kane were tag partners at the time, and RVD came down to the ring to console Kane with the loss...then Kane took off the mask and turned on RVD, chokeslamming him.

No no no no no NO! The big red losing machine is by far the dullest character in the WWE! I'm so bored of the fire, the switching from face to heel week in week out and WWE playing up the monster thing when all he does is lose all the time.

The mask Kane has been and gone and bringing it back would only re-hash something we've seen before and wouldnt be as good anyway.

Bored of him, send him to ECW or TNA where he now belongs.

Wow if u actually read this u will see only one other person feels this way....so guess ur wrong.....and yes he does....now i read a couple saying taker wants kane as his last match but kane doesnt want to beat him...so u do this have edge win the title from cena.....kane faces him normal but in a inferno match...have kane burnt bring back the mask...then as many have said have him go insane beat edge for the world title and dominate till Wrestlemania where the only one to tame him is Undertaker! Taker wins retires as champion keeping the streak. And have kane then retire in that same match cause it wont fit wit taker being gone kane still there.

I think WWE screwed Kane last year. They could have done what the fans wanted and put his mask back on, but no they screw it big time and now i think Kane will stay where he is for a long time.

I was always a fan of Kane and I have always wanted to see him with the belt again.
Granted he has been booked as a joke recently, but with his size and look, they could turn him into a believable main eventer rather easily. Much like back in 2002 when Big Show was jobbed out on Raw jumped to smackdown and won the Title very quickly.
Put him on Smackdown, and make him a monster. But dont draft him to Sd just have him show up and start destroying people. Have him demand a title shot and have him win.
When he drops the belt to an up and comer it will mean more.

Kane deserves a push but not at the expense of the streak. It would never go down that way, and would be one of the worst ideas ever.

Forget a title run, these guys are getting too old for title matches so I would just prefer kane to feud with taker for his or taker's last feud depending on whom retires first. If kane wants to be the one to lose the final match, probably at wrestlemania, then so be it. Kane and taker feuds have always been awesome. Some how the storylines all fit together perfectly. Even the recent feud at WM XX was done very well. As long as the creative team don't rush any of the matches in the feud, it will turn out to be another legendary moment. Now, the last time taker and kane feuded, it resulted in taker returning as the dead man. This time have a storyline to bring back kanes mask for example kane interputs takers match against michaels and takes him out during the ppv event. Next, taker returns after a month or so (recently taker has asked for time out so this could be the ideal opportunity) and burns kane during an inferno match against an opponent (this opponent could ideally be michaels as he might have been pi**ed off that kane helped him beat taker for the second time. Also this could be the second feud for kane before taker returns). This all leads to a final match at WM 26, taker vs masked kane. They could have a loser quits match depending on whether kane feels his time is up. It is better for kane to leave as the same way he walked into the wwf/e and the wwe need to understand that.

No it was HHH. Kane lost a match to HHH where it was a title vs. mask match on RAW. Kane and RVD were a tag team at the time and after taking the mask off Kane turned Heel by attacking RVD.

If you look back at it, it was storylined for RVD to then admit to Kane he had spoken to Bischoff about adding that stipulation believing Kane didn't need the mask. That makes it RVD who caused the mask to be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back