Does Christian need a heel turn?

MVP12

Occasional Pre-Show
Havent seen this topic anywhere in the forum and it is something I have been thinking about for a while now. Like the title says, "Does Christian need a heel turn?" In my opinion he does, he has just been boring since he came back for the most part, personality wise, and just doesnt seem to be getting any push, except for holding the ECW championship for a long time. He was one of my favorite wrestlers back when he was a heel but now he is boring it seems. What do you guys think?

Well you know I must respond to anything about Christian so here we go Yes I have been saying that for almost a year. Christian is good as a face but he's GREAT as a heel. Christian already has the great in-ring Skills, His Mic Skills are better as a heel he insults people naturally, and He's entertaing Face/Heel but alittle more as a heel. So I say turn him heel, let him be a top heel on SD! with CM Punk and GIVE HIM THE DAMN WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP and let him run wild.
So Christian turn him heel and let him run wild with the title(Hey I made Rhyme Kinda)

He doesn't necessarily need a heel turn, he simply needs a world title or for now at least a world title match. Some say Vince has something against Christian and wont push him up to the main event. If thats true I dont see him getting a title shot, he'll just hang around in the mid card like he has been doing since the end of ECW and what he was doing before he left WWE. If Vince wont approve a push for him then i'm afraid he wont be going anywhere near the world title for a while because what Vince says goes.

So will a heel turn get him a world title shot? Well it's all up to Vince.

Would have to agree with the CLB needing to go heel. He is a very bland babyface. Some guys a just natural heat seekers & Christain fits that bill.

i think he does need a heel turn. he was always better on the mic as a heel in my opinion. however if he turns heel someone on sd would have to turn face. mysterio is leaving due to his knee i believe and taker is fueding with kane. putting that to the side i think he can have some good fueds if he were to turn heel. a fued with kofi kingston would be nice or even a one on one feud with matt hardy. or maybe if he were to gey drafted to raw he could have nice fueds as a heel there too. maybe with morrison or even orton turning him into a main eventer. maybe even big show. i think a heel push is long over due for christian.

Christian is 1 of those guys like Edge and Jericho. he'll be entertaining whether hes a face or a heel AS LONG AS ITS DONE RIGHT.

if done correctly he can be either or and be successful doing it but WWE isn't giving him the chance.

They need to go back to what was working so well for him in the pre-TNA days; the original version of his "Just Close Your Eyes" theme, the gaudy jacket, and some big guy as his sidekick/bodyguard. The closest thing to that right now is The Miz but he doesn't have a tenth of the credibility that Christian does. Smackdown especially needs someone to play this role.

I think if he needs anything, it's a push. I think he could do well as a Heel or Face, with a push towards either.

As for my own preference, I much rather see him Heel. I think he is the type of Heel Raw or SD could use right now too. A very entertaining Heel.

I know I'll get heat for this, But I can't help the way I feel.

Yes, a Heel turn would help christian become a more relevant character on Smackdown and in the WWE in general. His last heel run in 2004-2005-2006 went very well and he was getting good crowd reactions.....

...But I'm sorry people, I just don't ever see him holding a world title in the WWE. A lot of people give Mysterio crap because of him being a Former World HEAVYWEIGHT champion even though he's not a Heavyweight. I feel the same way about Christian, He just doesn't look like someone that could be the face of the company, In my honest opinion. He's a good Wrestler who doesn't deserve to jobbing, But I guess I'm not one of his "Peeps"

But Like I said before, A heel turn could potentially help him in the long run.

Yes, a Heel turn would help christian become a more relevant character on Smackdown and in the WWE in general. His last heel run in 2004-2005-2006 went very well and he was getting good crowd reactions.....

...But I'm sorry people, I just don't ever see him holding a world title in the WWE. A lot of people give Mysterio crap because of him being a Former World HEAVYWEIGHT champion even though he's not a Heavyweight. I feel the same way about Christian, He just doesn't look like someone that could be the face of the company, In my honest opinion. He's a good Wrestler who doesn't deserve to jobbing, But I guess I'm not one of his "Peeps"

Well Im not gonna exactly give you heat but I have to say something since Im am a PEEP, Christian can be the face of the company. He was in TNA and he was the only reason ECW was kept alive the last yr. But that is your opinion and this Wrestling where people have different opinions.

Looking at past champions I wouldnt say Christian is out of question to be champion at some point. I mean King Booker? not really the face of the company. How bout the current champion Kane. I dont really see him as the face of the company either. Not saying Christian couldnt be the face of the company at some point like Peep4life said he was in TNA, but ill stick by what i said in the first place I can only really see him doing it as a heel.

A world champion doesn't necessarily have to be the face of the company. Christian would be fine as a transitional champion, someone new to hold hold the belt for a month or two before they give another more established guy another long title run.

As for being a heel, I don't think he needs a full-fledged turn, but he does need to overhaul his character. I find his current act to be very stale.

A world champion doesn't necessarily have to be the face of the company. Christian would be fine as a transitional champion, someone new to hold hold the belt for a month or two before they give another more established guy another long title run.

As for being a heel, I don't think he needs a full-fledged turn, but he does need to overhaul his character. I find his current act to be very stale.

I get what your saying, as a Transitional champion I guess I could see him winning the big one. I was just referring to some of the user's acting like he should have this Unstoppable championship reign that would make him an instant legend. I have no doubt christian is a Future HOF, but I just don't see him as one of the top guy's.

In all honesty it really does not matter if Christian is a face or a heel. All he really needs is exposure and a good feud to put fuel back in his tank. I hate to say this but from watching Smackdown I just really do not see a world title for Christian anytime soon. He along with Matt are really just putting over Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre. I see those young talents or at least one of them in the main event before Christian or Matt Hardy. However, after these two veterans have finished their jobs putting over Cody and Drew I can see at least one of them going to the main event and that really is a race that any of us can predict because neither Matt nor Christian may never get to the main event, but there is always that slight chance they could. So, no Christian does not need a heel turn. All he needs is a good feud maybe with Matt and I see both guys maybe rising to the main event on Smackdown.

Christian was a lot cooler as a heel... He has that natural cocky attitude and he could really fill a void that's missing in WWE...

Where is the cool/cocky heel?

Personally, I like Christian a lot more in TNA... He had great matches and his mic work was some of the best in his career... They gave him the freedom to be himself and he really took the ball and ran with it.. He was a credible and entertaining Main Eventer...

I just hate when people put him and Matt Hardy in the same category... I mean, Matt has no where near the level of charisma as Chistian and he is no where near as good as Christian is in the ring... Matt Hardy will never be better than mediocre...

If Christian doesn't go back to TNA, I think it would be pretty damn cool to see him get drafted to RAW and start a heel stable with Jericho and Edge... He has history with all three of those guys and it would be awesome to see them running through RAW... Maybe after Nexus runs it's course... Shit, they could even win the Tag Titles and use the old school Freebird rule, where you never know which two of them will defend the titles and them being on both shows would be entertaining... Especially since they are doing nothing with the tag titles...

I just hate when people put him and Matt Hardy in the same category... I mean, Matt has no where near the level of charisma as Chistian and he is no where near as good as Christian is in the ring... Matt Hardy will never be better than mediocre...

Sigh.....look, I respect your opinion and all, but your not giving hardy the credit he deserves. Everyone is forgetting his "Mattitude V1 day's" back in 2003-2004, I dare you to watch a promo of him back then and tell me he doesn't have charisma. It seems that everyone is SOOOO upset with him having a beer gut, that they are refusing to Acknowledge all of his previous work. Do some freaking history people, Matt may have lost a step or 2 Nowadays, but there was a time (Like 2005) when in my opinion he was more exciting to watch in the ring than christian was. I do admit Christian has always beat him in Charisma, but like I said watch some video's of Matt in 2003.

Of course this is Just my opinion...

One more thing, Isn't this a Thread about Christian? Why is Matt hardy suddenly involved?

Heel turn or not, to be perfectly honest, I feel like Christian's time has passed. He was the top dog on ECW for a very long time and I think more than likely, that was the highest ranking that they're going to give him. He may turn heel sometime in the near future just to change things up a bit, but I don't think it will really lead anywhere. If I were to bank on anything, it would be that Christian just goes into the same positioning that Matt Hardy's been for a while with Chavo...just a step above the likes of Regal/Goldust, who are just a step above Finlay. I don't think even a heel turn would convince the WWE to give him a world title reign.

However, if you're just talking about him needing a heel turn to be more interesting, then yeah, I'd like to see that happen. He's kind of stalemated right now and could use something fresh. The same goes for MVP, Chris Jericho, and Edge in my mind.

I think a heel turn would be good for him and it gives me a reason to boo him (I've never liked the guy)
Captain Charisma sadly never had enough to be the top heel and he doesn't have the look of a top face. I never saw him while he was with TNA and I stopped watching ECW before his run there.
Sure he will make it into the HoF someday and I have no problem if they want to cap his career with a transitional championship, it could even be good to re-visit a storyline with Edge.
If they insist on using seasoned pro (Jericho, Edge, Matt etc) to job for the younger guys and also help develop them they could do worse than throwing them all into the tag division to help get them over.
An example is Cody Rhodes when he was with Hardcore Holly. Cody seemed to improve more - in ring and mike - in that period than another other part of his career to date. Much as Batista and to a lesser extent Orton grew from being with evolution.

What Christian needs is for the WWE Creative Team to believe in him. Give him the mic and some good fueds. He's an amazing Face and Heel - he just needs a push. Period.

This crap about McMahon not beliving in him is irritating. If that is the case, then I would leave if I were him. Collect your payday and go. Christian is miles past Miz in talent and Mic skills. And Christian MURDERS Drew McIntyre in every category, yet he's another one who gets pushed.

Bottomline is its bull$hit. Christian should have had that belt from the second he came back. No, istead we get title reigns by Swagger, Mysterio, Kane, etc that are abotu as exciting as watching Mae Young wrestle.

I feel bad for the guy. One of the best talents since the Attitude Era started and still gets dicked over. Im hoping this Kane title reign is indication of hope not being lost when it comes to tenured people. Sure Christian left for a few years, but he has given A LOT to WWE.

Again, Christian doesn't need anything but someone to write him into the main event. With Undertakers inevitable win over Kane, I am hoping its time to put someone new in the main event picure on Smackdown. Christian would fill that void perfectly.

Sigh.....look, I respect your opinion and all, but your not giving hardy the credit he deserves. Everyone is forgetting his "Mattitude V1 day's" back in 2003-2004, I dare you to watch a promo of him back then and tell me he doesn't have charisma. It seems that everyone is SOOOO upset with him having a beer gut, that they are refusing to Acknowledge all of his previous work. Do some freaking history people, Matt may have lost a step or 2 Nowadays, but there was a time (Like 2005) when in my opinion he was more exciting to watch in the ring than christian was. I do admit Christian has always beat him in Charisma, but like I said watch some video's of Matt in 2003.

Of course this is Just my opinion...

One more thing, Isn't this a Thread about Christian? Why is Matt hardy suddenly involved?

The reason people are name checking Matt is the current positions both guys appear to hold being virtually identical. As far as the bile directed at Matt - the beer gut is only a minor point - peoples real reason for dissing on him is the lies he continually perpitrates (stop trying to f'n work us Matt - we stopped believing you years ago!)

Onto the question... I agree with the poster who suggested an Edge, Y2J, Christian heel stable, although I'd like to see him in a face program against the two guys first. In fact, I'd like to see this go one step further... I know, it's been done before but I've always liked it when done properly - a canadian heel stable. Let's face it, Bret's current face character blows - as a heel leader of the three boys plus the Hart Dynasty (and I'd throw Gail and Maryse in for good measure), they could dominate every belt and be credible doing it (unlike Nexus).

No he doesn't need to turn heel. He's just fine as a face, getting a good reaction and he's working good matches, with an occasional decent feud.

Christian turning heel wouldn't exactly do anything for him. You're probably expecting a main event push out of it, and a world championship reign. But I seriously doubt it would happen if it hasn't happened already. If that is really what we want to see, we'll have to wait to see it happen, not change Christian to hope for it to happen.

Like I said, Christian is working nice matches with Drew McIntyre as of late, and he's putting talent over as a face, which is the most important part of Christian's career right now, he's older and he's most likely more comfortable putting over talent than carrying the brand.

Talk about a guy who is way way over due... He should have been in the main event way back, right after he cut his hair and was cutting classic promos with the Rock.. I think right now even if he was a heel, he still wouldnt be given enough mic time or creative outlet like he is not given right now.. Its not him, its the stupid storylines and lack of opportunity.. The guy is over, the people are ready for him.. He proved himself in ECW and was the sole reason to watch the show... Bottom line is the E is continuing to drop the ball.. thought he an edge had a great match a while back and thats the last time he was relevent.. and please he is way above Matt Hardy across the board.. I think he has gotten better, in that he is able to work with anyone and his matches tell a story like they use to say.... Love the Guy!!!! Vince.. dont be a DICK!!! Give the guy a chance..

I think Christian needs pretty much anything right now. He is buried as a mid-carder on SmackDown and I don't see him rising to main-event status anytime soon. Pretty sad for someone who basically carried ECW during the last year or so that the brand was going. He's very talented in the ring and especially on the mic. In my opinion, Christian is a more experienced version of the Miz but Vince doesn't recognize it. In fact, Vince has said time and again that he doesn't like Christian...so why sign him? Christian will be much better as a heel going after Mysterio or another high-ranking face or he needs to find a long-term tag-team partner and go that route again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back