Does anyone buy into this theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTWChamp

Occasional Pre-Show
Here is a post I saw on 1wrestling.com this morning and it would make sense if Vince was this smart but I don't think he is. If this is true then there will be a bittersweet moment if it plays out:

Got a pretty good nose for sarcasm and Bill, your score was reeking of it. That crowd was deader than Elvis, and you know it. You could've gotten more electricity out of a year old AAA Duracel than that crowd. Of course, it WAS a Smackdown! audience and their spirits have been completely snuffed for a while now, so to that end, it's understandable. What I can't get over is all the negativity this has generated. For supposed "smarts" a lot of ECW diehards sure haven't been sounding very bright. Maybe Pillman was had the "smart marks" pegged.(Man do I ever miss pointed, unscripted promos...) Anywhooo, as bad as last night's show was, I'm going to throw out a few predictions here, to perhaps raise some expectations: 1. Next week, an alien is going to get pulped by Sandman. The week after that, a mummy. The week after that, a yeti, or maybe a cyborg. Point is, it's Heyman (or maybe even Vince's) way of telling Sci-Fi what they can do with their "Sci-Fi Themed" wrestlers. It's all a big joke, and I for one laughed my butt off the minute the zombie emerged from the back.[ Note to Sci-Fi: you're probably not going to get a whole hell of a lot of ECW viewers to watch your endless parade of B-grade rip-off movies and hackneyed "original" series. The wrestling fans are only tuning you in to see wrestling, and that's it. So you can do this the easy way and not get pushy with what YOU want on this show, let the show do it's thing and reap the benefits of a ratings bump every Tuesday night (like say ad revenues?) or you can do this the wrong way, pushing for YOUR crap to be on the show, there by driving off the target audience, and creating a sucking chest wound in your Tuesday night 10pm time slot that even LOCAL buisnesses won't pay fifty cents for a thirty second spot on.] 2. Anyone else thinking Francine's going to come out and bitchslap the stripper sometime within the next two weeks, and if so, how big are you going to mark out for the Queen of Extreme if and when she does? I was actually anticipating just that last night, but if they want us to wait a bit, s'okay by me...as long as there's a payoff. Who knows, maybe this is how they plan to set up Jazz. This ain't Divaland after all. 3. The whole ECW/WWE rivalry will inevitably lead to some huge "Extreme Declaration of Independence" culminating in a killer Paul Heyman promo that's as close to a shoot as possible. What I'm trying to say is this: you have to look at the big picture here. Vince wants to make dough off this. Vince also would probably like to avoid a second comming of The XFL. Factor in Heyman having a (reportedly) greater deal of autonomy over ECW than the RAW or Smackdown! creative teams, chances are, his fingerprints are all over last night's stinker. Ever occur to anyone else that he made this a stinker on purpose? Maybe it's part of a larger storyline? Maybe it's the set up for #3 above?(And do I ever hope it is, or this thing's cooked...) One last prediction: The ECW roster is thiner than Paul's hairline. It's got to be filled out, and Heyman, as I recall, did say that there was an open invitation to ANY and ALL RAW and Smackdown! talent to jump to ECW if they wanted. Angle's gone to ECW. Rey was being "courted" publicly by Heyman. Orton's gone to RAW. Nitro and Melina have gone to RAW. Benoit's on the shelf. JBL's done. Smackdown! just seems to keep losing talent, yet you don't see anyone being sent from RAW to Smackdown! to fill in the gaps. Last night's debacle showed that you really can't, really even shouldn't, tape ECW in front of a Smackdown! audience and it also showed that a brand extension can't work with only one hour to do it's thing. Do the math. By September, WWE will only have two shows on TV...and Smackdown! isn't going to be one of them. Remember folks: Vince Macmahon and Paul Heyman are running this thing and if the last twelve years of watching both men's products has taught me nothing else it's this: NOBODY pays off bigger than these two when it really counts. (And don't even bring up the WCW invasion because that was a mercy killing. What did you want? WWE top guys fueding with the WCW midcarders and enhancement talents? THAT would have been entertaining HOW?) Just a feeling, but I think Vince and Paul just might be working the "smartest fans in the buisness".

good theory the lack of even recognizing smackdowns existence gives credit to your theory i mean except the battle royal that was dominated by ecw then raw and finally won by a raw defection to ecw and rey mesterio's fight no one knows about smackdown in raw or ecw. And for being taped at a smackdown event why is no one running in or trying to take out ecw like raw I thought that smack down hated ecw just as much.

It's a good take but I don't agree with most of it.

Ever occur to anyone else that he made this a stinker on purpose? Maybe it's part of a larger storyline?

If this statment was true Then Vince is dumber than I expected, No One in there right mind would purposely flop there first show on TV, just to set up a storyline that could take months to set up.

We can only hope that there is a bigger picture. To be honest I don't think there is. Vince hates anything that he didn't create and he had NOTHING to do with the success of ECW. I think this is his way of letting them burn at the stake. It kills me that he learned nothing for the pay-per-views: It is the ECW fans that made ECW what is was. Not these little kids that want to see the boogeyman or Rey-Rey pop up from the stage. Taping it before Smackdown was doomed from the beginning. Vince needs to step up and buy a small building in ECW territory and watch the mad scientist that Paul E. is go to work. Maybe Rhyno was smarter than i thought for not going back to ECW. I hate watching something I loved so much go up in flames, and it will.

the_whole_f'n_show said:
We can only hope that there is a bigger picture. To be honest I don't think there is. Vince hates anything that he didn't create and he had NOTHING to do with the success of ECW. I think this is his way of letting them burn at the stake. It kills me that he learned nothing for the pay-per-views: It is the ECW fans that made ECW what is was. Not these little kids that want to see the boogeyman or Rey-Rey pop up from the stage. Taping it before Smackdown was doomed from the beginning. Vince needs to step up and buy a small building in ECW territory and watch the mad scientist that Paul E. is go to work. Maybe Rhyno was smarter than i thought for not going back to ECW. I hate watching something I loved so much go up in flames, and it will.

Vince actually had alot to do with ECW being sucessful! Vince help financing ECW when it started in money troubles. And Do you remember the first Invasion by ECW back in 1995 at a PPV, WWF helped ECW become a known promotion, if it wasn't for this, alot of ECW fans wouldn't exist including myself. Vince had three ECW matches on Raw to showcase ECW's talent. This began the Attitude era in my opinion, the one thing Vince did a great job with

I do remember that and to a certain extent I agree. One of my favorite memories was when Jerry "The King" showed up at the ECW arena and the whole development of "Mr. Monday Night" gimmick. But we don't really know how much Vince floated. I take back what I said but I think you missed my point, The True ECW had nothing to do with Vince. The gritty promos and outstanding in-ring performances. RVD hasn't come close to matching some the matches he had against Jerry Lynn and why? Because ECW gave him the opportunity to go 30-45 min in the ring.

This theory actually reeks of being plausible, but, I agree with the fact...you don't crap on your first show. I see part of the problem with this new ECW, is that we're missing some of the better talkers on the mic. Raven, Fonzie, and Franchise. Why Bill Alfonso isn't around is beyond me. Like I said on the other line, I am hopeful about this since it was such a stinker...it cannot get much worse.

I think sd is safe as ECW is to gritty for the networks thats why Heyman could not get it on anything but cable channel is its to rough for network tv. Besides If show one was a example hope they do better. a zombie??? get real like he said what next alien they do that you might as well pack ECW up and bury it as
it will be obvious that Vince and the WWE folks dont see it as a show but a joke.
Heck, I can see using Gangrel or vampiro that make better since than a stupid Zombie routine. Heck, why not let Kane play Jacob Goodnight instead of the zombie thing be more believeable and more what ECW is.

l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back