ECW style dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats all the re-launch has been is a disgrace. Im at the point where i almost cant watch it. Watever happened to the great ECW matches of old, the insane gimmicks? The scaffel match, stairway to heabven, extreme ruls cage. The matches are fought under ECW rules, but thery are never used unlike the classic ECW. The matches on wwe 24/7 are beter then the ones now. I cant believe we are about to watch ECW run into the ground again. It sucks1

Like i have said in other threads, this is just a 3rd brand, (maybe not the C show) but it's somewhere to put excess tallent to bulid and then bring to smackdown or RAW.

When the next video game comes out, they'll start you in House shows, then Heat, than ECW, than Smackdown, than RAW.
That's not the image of ECW I want to see

it sucks i loved the old ECW where anything went anytime all the time. it was kick ass but vince is gay and really should not be able to have ecw he should turn it over to paul full time and let him do everything. vince just sucks

Vince doesn't care about the old ECW fans. He only cares about $$$$$$$$$$$$.

He was able to lure in the old fans with the ECW name - now he could care less if they go away, because he thinks that enough "sports entertainment" fans will watch it.

If you want "sports entertainment", watch any WWE brand, though Raw is by far the best. If you want professional wrestling, watch TNA, XCW, or some indies out there. My only advice is that if you don't like the WWE products, stop watching - that's the only way you'll get Vinnie Mac to take notice. The feedback section of the WWE page is a formality - I'll bet you Vinnie or the rest of the McMahons never read any of those messages.

gamehead said:
By C show does it mean it will be like Velicoty and Heat?

That's basically what it is. It's essentially OVW with a TV deal and a more recognizable name. From what I can see, it serves as the minor leagues for Raw and SmackDown! It's not in any way like the ECW of old, aside from the involvement of Heyman, Dreamer and others in on-screen roles. And with Vinnie Mac calling the shots and injecting it with his "sports entertainment" influence, it never will be. The ECW guys are just there to put over the new talent, and defectors like Big Show along with "enemies" like Edge and Cena are there to help win over the fans of other WWE brands.

If you want ECW, my advice is to look for DVDs or check the Web for video clips, because you're not going to find it on Sci-Fi - the only thing you'll find there is third-rate "sports entertainment".

Vince used the ECW fans to lure them and get them to watch, he teased us and now he has enough people watching and he doesn't care where the ECW fans go. A couple die hards will stick around because some of their favs. are there even if they are being misused and some of them still have some hope

Vince seems to have failed to capitalize on the whole ECW return, as well as many other situations (like Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita). ECW is meant to be in small arenas, particularly Hammerstein, where it fills with true ECW fans.

WWE has been nowhere near the successes during the times of Steve Austin and the Rock. DX's return is not nearly as entertaining as it could be, Hulk Hogan's returns have seemingly been overdone, and John Cena's starpower cannot hold up if he is the franchise superstar.

Vince doesn't make alot of money in small arenas, so thats not happening all the time. bigger arenas are fine, its the smackdown crowd that ruins it. They will build an ECW fan base. SOme will be original die hard ECW fans, some will be the new breed unleashed fans, and some are going to be confused fans (when they see all the old Videos and DVDs and see whats on now)

and theres the answer as to why ecw now sucks...the wwe should have left it dead b/c it went out in a good way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back