Did Sly just change the entire election with 2 posts?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I'm not sure what just happened, but I feel like Sly just said everything that's been said in about 1,000 posts over the course of a month...in two of his own (regarding his taking over the debate). Two days ago I would have said "Coco has this by three miles - not even close". Now, I'm not really sure... It's not that my perceptions of the candidates have changed because of Sly, just the tone of the election. Coco went from looking like a hilarious sure-win, to a possible joke in about 10 seconds. Crock went from the sleeper-candidate that might just slip by because he's the most serious, to being a pathetic "try-hard", and all of Dagger's serious short-comings were thrown out there, and some how he looks a little better because of it. A little. I mean, I'm likely going to vote for the same guy, unless something huge happens this round, but these serious, to-the-point question are shaking things up.

Anybody else think Sly just changed the game?

I don't think it is so much that Sly has changed the game, as much as he has shown that the game, contrary to what some may lead you to believe, is not quite over yet. As the old expression goes, it ain't over till it's over.

Well, if anybody reads what Sly has written then it will surely shake things up a bit. Everyone should read what Sly wrote on the homosexuality issue in Dagger's apology thread and try to understand how Dagger has been quoted out of context regarding this situation.

Also liked the fact that he called Coco a troll when everybody was jumping on me whenever I was mentioning that fact.

Well, if anybody reads what Sly has written then it will surely shake things up a bit. Everyone should read what Sly wrote on the homosexuality issue in Dagger's apology thread and try to understand how Dagger has been quoted out of context regarding this situation.

Also liked the fact that he called Coco a troll when everybody was jumping on me whenever I was mentioning that fact.

He hasn't been quoted out of context at all.

I don't think he has changed the entire thing, at least not yet. I do see some interesting responses since the competitors are now getting blunt questions from the guy that people consider the "big, bad admin."

Dagger has been quoted a lot, both in context (link to the thread, quoting the full post) and out of context as well. I've seen his detractors extrapolate his thoughts from his words and his supporters completely rewrite what he had said and how he truly feels.

In the end I don't respect Dagger and I certainly do not think he is the best candidate for the job. Sly isn't changing anything for me but I can't speak for the rest of the forum. This type of election is hard to predict. I will leave the prognosticating to ryan86.

I dont feel he has changed much. Certainly I doubt many people will change their votes. He just pointed out their shortcomings in his own fashion and that's perhaps the kind of approach that the three in this election could consider if they wish to win.

He had to point out their negatives, it's his job as admin to know the negative and positive aspects of everyone who goes on staff.

It should have showed people that voting for Coco is and probably always was a waste of time. We all know that he likes to act like the big cock on these forums but perhaps now we have the reason.

Dagger stays in a similar if not better position then before. People may dislike him but at no point did Sly mention that he would not do a good job and therefore perhaps he thinks he could/would be an OK choice. Who really gives two shits about trust on these forums anyway? It's not like we are sharing our inner most thoughts and feelings. Well apart from Milenko.

As for Crock, although he does seem to be begging for the job I feel that his desire and motivation to try be the best mod he can gives him a good shot and may even swing my voting position.

I think what Sly has done is remove some of the ambiguity about the election:

There has been a running argument over the need for a Spam mod and he has flat out said 'No, we don't!'
Coco has used Sly as the be all, end all example of why trolling is good and yet Sly has come straight out and criticized how he can't refrain from this exact character trait.
Finally, he has come right out and asked what his true motives are.

He hasn't really picked out anything that has come to light from Crock throughout the election process (implying that his campaign has been very nondescript) and taken us behind the curtain to reveal that Crock appears to have Dagger like traits regarding his desire to become moderator. He asks him the logical question then? Why the desperation for the post?

Dagger, he cuts through all the schematics of Mr Dias' criticisms and hits at the true heart of the issue - trust.

Basically, he has hit Coco and Dagger with their biggest flaws from the campaign and hit Crock with something we have not been aware with as he has been a passenger in the election. What gives it extra bite is that neither parties or candidates can resort to insulting the competitors so there is no camouflage to hide behind. Their answers are only about them and, as such, they are naked to the scrutiny of everyone who has read them.

Coco has used Sly as the be all, end all example of why trolling is good and yet Sly has come straight out and criticized how he can't refrain from this exact character trait.

That is actually an excellent point. Sly the brilliant troll and Sly the Admin are two different things entirely. Sly is like Vincent K. McMahon CEO/Mr. McMahon the heel character. Dual personalities, depending on if he is acting behind the scenes running the forums or as a poster just trying to antagonize people for the fun of it. I have never seen Sly allow his posting style to interfere with his role as Admin. There is a separation between the two there.

No.

It's still very much the same election. Coco handled his question lightheartedly, Dagger looked like a fool, and Crock was very diplomatic, but not very flashy.

This debate will prove how the candidates can handle intense scrutiny and criticism. Dagger's already proved he can't handle it, so it's a toss up between Crock and Coco.

It seems like there is at least a few people who are taking this election seriously or think that it matters in some way. I assume the topic is about the two posts Slyfox made in the thread where he asked each candidate a question? Assuming that, my comment would be, it seems like Slyfox shit on each of them pretty bad. As someone who hasn't followed any of this whatsoever, my immediate thought was that no one seemed like they should win regardless.

My point is, it seems like an odd strategy to make every candidate look like shit and say that even if they received enough votes they still might not become a moderator. As far as I know this was Slyfox's idea, so I don't really understand why he would want to trivialize the process and candidates. It would be like a game developer releasing a video game and then trashing it in preview interviews, seems like it goes against their best interest.

My point is, it seems like an odd strategy to make every candidate look like shit and say that even if they received enough votes they still might not become a moderator. As far as I know this was Slyfox's idea, so I don't really understand why he would want to trivialize the process and candidates. It would be like a game developer releasing a video game and then trashing it in preview interviews, seems like it goes against their best interest.

Sly and KB made it clear before the election started that they would ultimately have the final say as to whether the elected mod actually gets to be one, if they thought that the candidate was not taking the election or the position seriously. At no point was this election a completely 100% democratic process.

It's not just about making the candidates look like shit, I am reasonably sure that part of it is to see how the candidates respond, whether they take the blunt criticism in stride, lash back at Sly, etc. because mods get shit on daily by angry posters who get pissed off because of infractions, threads being moved/deleted, etc. It's entirely possible that Sly wants to gauge how they react to criticism directly from him as a test of their composure.
Or he could just be fucking with them.

Sly and KB made it clear before the election started that they would ultimately have the final say as to whether the elected mod actually gets to be one, if they thought that the candidate was not taking the election or the position seriously. At no point was this election a completely 100% democratic process.

It's not just about making the candidates look like shit, I am reasonably sure that part of it is to see how the candidates respond, whether they take the blunt criticism in stride, lash back at Sly, etc. because mods get shit on daily by angry posters who get pissed off because of infractions, threads being moved/deleted, etc. It's entirely possible that Sly wants to gauge how they react to criticism directly from him as a test of their composure.
Or he could just be fucking with them.

I think it's a little of both. Remember the D-Man Sucks thread that was created not too long ago by an angry poster? Imagine if that thread was for Dagger... probably would not have gone over as well.

I'm a little sad that he deleted my last post in the thread where I basically took control of the conversation, told him once again how things were, then blew him off.

Why get sucked into that black-hole of nonsense? Best of luck, gentlemen. You're way out of your depth.

I'm a little sad that he deleted my last post in the thread where I basically took control of the conversation, told him once again how things were, then blew him off.

Why get sucked into that black-hole of nonsense? Best of luck, gentlemen. You're way out of your depth.

Does this mean you won't be responding to his question regarding your blithering racism?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back