David Beckham To Join AC Milan

AFC1986

MOCK THE WEEK
Capello has said he needs to be playing football if he wants to stay in the England and as the MLS season finishes this weekend Becks is coming back to Europe and join AC Milan on loan.

I think it is a smart move to come back to Europe as although the MLS isn't as bad as people make out, it still isn't top-level football and that is what he needs if he wants to prolong his international career.

I can see him benefit massively from the move as he will be playing against world-class players every week which in turn make him match fit for the friendly against Slovakia in March and the World Cup qualifier against Ukraine a few days later

What are other people's opinions on this

Link to article

Great move IMO, the italian league is slower and a fantastic place for older players to go you only have to look at the older players that player over there to see the effect it has on player. Ronaldinho has done well, Ronaldo did ok, Jaap Stam did fantastic not to mention players like Veron, Maldini and Del Piero who play/played amazing over there.

Learning Italian might have something to do with the move as well - it could bring a new level of understanding in the dressing room - well played becks!

Great move by Beckham.

Moving to Milan gives him the chance to continue training to maintain his fitness levels, plus gives him the chance to test himself in one of the hardest leagues in the world. The Italian league is proven to be world class defensively, so Beckham playing there can only help him improve on his attacking abilities aswell as his defensive. Playing with other world class players can only benefit him, and with all this his place in the England squad is surely safe, providing he can keep his form up.

Beckham is only in the England squad because he can cross the ball. He's perfect for the Italian league as he won't have to move much. He'll fit in very well with all the other boring players in that league.

The guy isn't in form. He's just as average as he's been for years. David Bentley apparently isn't in form. Yet he does the same thing Beckham does, but with pace.

Beckham is only in the England squad because he can cross the ball. He's perfect for the Italian league as he won't have to move much. He'll fit in very well with all the other boring players in that league.

The guy isn't in form. He's just as average as he's been for years. David Bentley apparently isn't in form. Yet he does the same thing Beckham does, but with pace.

Yeah, Beckham is in the squad because he can cross the ball. Better than anyone in the history of the game. That alone, merits him being in that squad. Not forgetting the fact he knows where to cross the ball, and is a born leader on that pitch.

So crossing the ball to perfection time after time isn't him on form? It's the main job for him, so if he does that well, he's on form.

Bentley will never be as good as Beckham. He does the same thing, but without the same result. He is nowhere as good as Beckham when it comes to crossing the ball. Just compare how many successful Beckham crosses have led to goals compared to Bentley, factoring their age.

Finally, Beckham has never relied on pace. It's never been a part of his game. Even without pace he's a million times better than Bentley. He crosses the ball better, tackles better and is worth 5000 times more than him.

So Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Del Piero, Quaresma, Totti are all boring players now are they? Christ if there boring please name me some exciting players.

Beckham going to Milan will do him well. take him out of that mickey mouse league he plays in and put him into a real league were he will be playing against high class players can only improve him for when Capello gives him his run outs for England. Milan apparently will get 7 million in sponsorship from the 2 months he will be there. He can be a alternative to Pirlo though. Becuase neither of them have pace but can pass a ball no matter what distance.

..Well he'll get more coverage this way at least. I think this just proves what a stupid waste this move was. What has he done? Nothing. All this has done is take him out of the spotlight, and the only reason most people remember him is he and his slaggy wife being in every tabloid newspaper and magazine possible. Without each other, those 2 would slowly dissolve into nothing.

Probably a bigger chance to be in the England squad this way. I doubt his LA Galaxy stint will last much longer. He's more in the spotlight with AC Milan. Although how much more I'm not sure. His international career is coming to an end, he has to face that.

All this has done is take him out of the spotlight, and the only reason most people remember him is he and his slaggy wife being in every tabloid newspaper and magazine possible. Without each other, those 2 would slowly dissolve into nothing.

You really must be oblivious to football.

The only reason people remember Beckham was for his magazine shoots? Yes. That's right. I remember now.

It wasn't anything to do with his football skills. The fact that he's one of the greatest footballers ever to grace the game. A football legend and a role model to every youngster trying to get into the game. Ask anyone and the first thing they think of when someone mentions Beckham is football, not photoshoots with his wife. Yeah, they were in a lot, but that's just because people showed an interest in them two, and were that nosey.

Hes defintely not one of the greatest footballers ever. God hes nowhere near it. He was brillant at what he did though, which was set pieces and crossing. But he defintely isnt one of the best footballers ever, to say such a thing is scandalous actually.

You really must be oblivious to football.

The only reason people remember Beckham was for his magazine shoots? Yes. That's right. I remember now.

It wasn't anything to do with his football skills. The fact that he's one of the greatest footballers ever to grace the game. A football legend and a role model to every youngster trying to get into the game. Ask anyone and the first thing they think of when someone mentions Beckham is football, not photoshoots with his wife. Yeah, they were in a lot, but that's just because people showed an interest in them two, and were that nosey.

No babe, you need to stop living in the past. People don't watch football in America. Very few do, anyway. I'm not saying he isn't known for being a great footballer, that would be stupid. I'm saying since he moved, we've heard more about he and Victoria wanting a girl, their friendship with Katie Holmes, and how they've decorated their new LA home, than how much his footballing skill has progressed.

His footballing skill was never going to improve playing in a mickey mouse league. He might improve a bit now hes in a real league playing alongside 3 Balon D'Or winners and the 2nd greatest defender ever (Maldini)

I'm saying since he moved, we've heard more about he and Victoria wanting a girl, their friendship with Katie Holmes, and how they've decorated their new LA home, than how much his footballing skill has progressed.

While that's true, when Beckham agreed to join LA Galaxy we all knew he didn't go to progress his footballing skills. He went to show America what football is all about.

And in his 30's his football skills won't progress. We all know that. He stopped progressing at Real Madrid. No-one is expecting him to improve, but he's still world class. Why? Ask AC Milan why they'll pay his stupidly high wages.

As far as I know Milan aint paying his wages. Hes bascially going there for free. Although I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

I wonder wh will take a free kick at Milan now? Beckham, Dinho, Pirlo, Seedorf, Sheva all fighting over it!

Yeah, Beckham is in the squad because he can cross the ball. Better than anyone in the history of the game. That alone, merits him being in that squad.

Being able to cross the ball shouldn't be enough to get you in the England squad. There are better all round England players.

Not forgetting the fact he knows where to cross the ball,

Towards the goal area? Hey, maybe I should be in the England squad.

and is a born leader on that pitch.

How is that important when he's only on for 10 minutes? Games against Andorra should be won by then.

So crossing the ball to perfection time after time isn't him on form? It's the main job for him, so if he does that well, he's on form.

I remember when Beckham was more than somebody who punted the ball after a brisk walk. If he's on form now what was he like 5 years ago, when he was good?

Bentley will never be as good as Beckham. He does the same thing, but without the same result.

Take Bentleys performances in an England shirt against those of Beckhams and he's been better as of late.

He is nowhere as good as Beckham when it comes to crossing the ball. Just compare how many successful Beckham crosses have led to goals compared to Bentley, factoring their age.

Why factor age? I'm on about now. And the Beckham of now is great at crossing the ball, but Bentley is good at crossing the ball, will assist in other ways, and will get back to defend. Beckham probably signs autographs whilst England are shakily defending a set piece.

Finally, Beckham has never relied on pace. It's never been a part of his game.

He had plaenty of pace when he was younger.

tackles better

Have you seen Beckham play lately?

and is worth 5000 times more than him.

I didn't know England players commanded transfer fees.

So Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Del Piero, Quaresma, Totti are all boring players now are they? Christ if there boring please name me some exciting players.

Where did I say they were boring? I might have said the league was boring, but I didn't point to individuals. You can have entertaining individuals in a shit league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back