Gordon Beckham

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
So I am quite sure nobody gives a shit about the Chicago White Sox. But I don't care.

A year ago, Gordon Beckham was leading Georgia to the College World Series Finals against Fresno State. Yes FS won, but Beckham was a stud. A year later he is playing for the Chicago White Sox, and is making quite an impact, even though he is still just a rookie and playing at a position where he isn't as comfortable 3rd base, when his natural position is shortstop. If Beckham continues to improve, he could possibly win Rookie of the Year in the AL, but he still needs to improve with every game, and the White Sox need to win the division in order for this to happen.

At Georgia he was an offensive juggernaut, and helped Georgia to the CWS 2 out of the three years he played. His junior year he led the NCAA in home runs, and in his final college at bat, he blasted another homer to finish his career with 53 home runs, the most by any player at Georgia.

His short career in the minor leagues saw him hit .326 with 23 doubles, 4 home runs, and 25 RBIs in 175 at bats between Double A Birmingham and Triple A Charlotte. He was also considered the White Sox #1 prospect by Baseball America. Now he struggled when he first came up, going 2-28 in his first 8 games, but has since started to heat up, and has raised his average up to .239, where a week ago it was about .166. He also hit his first walk-off hit against the Cubs on national television.

In the field he is shotty committing 5 errors already, but he is learning on the fly and doing a fairly good job at the new position.

So I want a legit discussion from a baseball standpoint. Could Gordon Beckham be a true superstar in baseball when he matures and learns 3rd base, or switches back to his natural shortstop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back