Cryptic "01/02/2012" Video - Chris Jericho Returns- KEEP IT IN HERE! - NO SPAMMING!

The biggest hint that it might be Jericho is left in the fact that 2012 is now widely known in pop culture to correlate with the End of the World - much like Y2K was when Jericho began his Y2J gimmick in his WWF debut. I certainly think it would be fitting for Jericho to reprise a related "End of the World" gimmick for this generation. I mean, why pass up on such an opportunity when the whole reason why your nickname exists is because of this very unknown subject?

And yes, as we've seen EVERYONE and his mom post..there's the:

"It begins." Monday
the "Second." 2nd
"Look Within." of January

Sure it very well might not be him since you can find symbols in anything if you want. But you can't deny that there's at least the desire to throw us off a bit. That's why speculation is fun. If we're wrong, they did a decent job tricking us. If we're right, we're good little jimmies..err fans..

Origen sees the fall of Jericho as a figure of the End of the world, the trumpets of the Israelites as foreshadowing the last trumpet of the angels.

To me, it screams one name: Brodus Clay. Because, you know, Johnny Ace wants "the focus on him, for a huge reappearance".

Come to think about it, nah, he won't re-debut until 2014, at least, at this pace.

I am OK with this being Jericho, but I am not sure why they would go so much lengths to make these vignettes look like they are about an intimidating force, something to be feared by the entire WWE. Someone who is going to "change the world."

Jericho coming out, being goofy, and saying "Raw is Jericho" would be a big let down here.

I'd rather it just be Taker.

After last night's promo, it has be The Undertaker. But I have my reasons for both:

It could be Undertaker because:

1. The quotes

"Behold the power will come with vengeance to render his anger with fury"

"The Second Day of 2012, the Prophet will emerge and destroy the weak"

"It will be the End of the World as you know it"

No offense to Y2J, but this doesn't sound like him. I thought for sure after the first two that it'd be Jericho, but last night's promo was too different.

2. The promo seemed a lot darker and creepier than the previous two. The tone in the boy's voice grew, the creepy piano and that dark music playing in the background, and that creepy little girl at the end.

Remember Undertaker's 2000 return promo? Those creepy little girls?

The promo was borderline Horror Movie scary. It had me creeped out. Who else is meant to scare, put fear in everybody, and bring about The End of the World....The Undertaker

Here are a few reasons why I think it still could be Jericho:

1. The name and date keep being said.

The Millennium and the Save_Us were very date specific and whatever.

2. The date is 1/2/12. Why would Undertaker return BEFORE The Royal Rumble unless he plans on wrestling at The Rumble. Which is highly unlikely.

Why would he appear on TV in January to set up a match that takes place in April. Unless it's a BIG match and they wanna start the hype right now ala Rock vs Cena. Which I also don't see.

3. The kid still uses big words and who do we know constantly used big words to insult people.....Chris Jericho.

4. Jericho did say in an interview I read a while back that he wanted to change his character before he came back. He felt like he needed a new gimmick for himself whenever he returned to keep his character fresh.

1999-2006 - Y2J Chris Jericho

2007-2008 - Save_Us.Y2J

2008-2010 - The Best in the World at what I do

2012 - ???

This could be Jericho's new thing and If it is, I can already dig it.

I don't think it's Kharma or Skip Sheffield. I don't think Vince would have these promos to build up any of them.

These videos are for Shane and Stephanie. Taking back what is theirs. The end of the world as we know it is "hopefully" the change from pg to hopefully an attitude era type show upon their return.

Something to I'd like to interject here for second.

After this I'm done with rampant speculation and will just wait it out, but I really want to just put out there the reason I believe it feel's equal parts Undertaker and Jericho.

The promo's are for both of them.

Just a thought, maybe this year they are hyping the match with the cryptic stuff and not just the Undertaker.

Reading the thread and watching the videos... it looks like Jericho to me. Frankly, I like it. It would be awesome to see Jericho take his gimmick to a whole new level of darkness. I think the WWE needs a character like that when even the Undertaker isn't so dark anymore.

Reading the thread and watching the videos... it looks like Jericho to me. Frankly, I like it. It would be awesome to see Jericho take his gimmick to a whole new level of darkness. I think the WWE needs a character like that when even the Undertaker isn't so dark anymore.

Yeah BUT Kane is coming back to. His promos are very dark. They aren't scary, but they are dark.

Taker is all that makes sense, but at the same time it would be weird to have Kane and Undertaker both coming back as animals.

its Y2J, there is no question anymore, and if you think anything else, your wrong

monda Y 2 J anuary, mystery solved, its jericho, and at a very needed time, now the only question is does he come back face or heel, i say face

its Y2J, there is no question anymore, and if you think anything else, your wrong

monda Y 2 J anuary, mystery solved, its jericho, and at a very needed time, now the only question is does he come back face or heel, i say face

But this is something to be feared, this is someone to shake the foundation of the WWE, this is supposed to be BIG. How is Jericho feared, how can he shake the fabric of the WWE? And how could anyone do that as a face? If it is him, he has got to be a very sinister heel some how, but I have no idea how he could pull that off. Suits and cheesy jokes a heel do not make.

Its Drew McIntyre! He's getting a character revamp. and he is coming back for the IC Title.

or

Micheal McGillicutty is coming back as Joe Hennig and going to kick some ass, and take the US Title. Why else would they dropp the whole "perfection" gimmick with Dolph so suddenly.

I dont know, it just feels like someone is getting a character Revamp. I dont feel this is a Taker return promo, and it does feel like a Jericho return. But still my mind is telling me superstar that is already on the roster is getting a gimmick change and a huge push.

well ive got 2 theories that i think are very good theories, but one ppl will definitely agree and the other ppl will just get pissed(like last year)

1. im going with the biggest possibility: CHRIS JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these promos scream jericho i mean the cryptic messages and the staticky messages, the vocabulary of this kid speaking since that was a major part of his heel character, and much morewhat i dnt undertand is that people are saying thats the y2j ball??????)
2.my second theory is.............. STING: now understand me here before everyon jumps my ass for saying its sting. If you listen to what this kid is saying in these videos are bible verses and STING is known to be very religous and in the very first video it say a "familar face" and jericho and undertaker are something that we are used to but the way this kid words it its like we havent seen or heard of this wrestler in the wwe in a long time.
those are just my 2 cents::p

But this is something to be feared, this is someone to shake the foundation of the WWE, this is supposed to be BIG. How is Jericho feared, how can he shake the fabric of the WWE? And how could anyone do that as a face? If it is him, he has got to be a very sinister heel some how, but I have no idea how he could pull that off. Suits and cheesy jokes a heel do not make.

I don't know if you know this seeing as how you obviously have not watched wrestling in ten years. Chris jericho IS a sinister heel. He has been for the past two years. He will not come back as a face. You see, in the video it says that this will be the beginning of the end of the world... or something. And that's exactly why its him. Last time he was coming to save us, now... he wants to destroy us... and everything we believe in. In other words...

GO JERICHO GO! GO JERICHO GO!

This is for Chris Jericho and he is coming to destroy us unlike last time when he saved us. The video said it will be the end of the world as we know it. He is coming to beat CM Punk, the best in the world.

I don't know if you know this seeing as how you obviously have not watched wrestling in ten years. Chris jericho IS a sinister heel. He has been for the past two years. He will not come back as a face. You see, in the video it says that this will be the beginning of the end of the world... or something. And that's exactly why its him. Last time he was coming to save us, now... he wants to destroy us... and everything we believe in. In other words...

GO JERICHO GO! GO JERICHO GO!

LOL I've been watching wrestling for over 25 years. Chris Jericho is not a heel. Chris Jericho makes goofy comments and makes lame jokes. If you were to make a list of the top 25 heels of all time, or even the past 15 years, he would not even get a mention. There is nothing about his persona or his character that screams heel. He cannot pull off heel. He can be booked as a heel but he is not a heel. His persona is the same weather he is a babyface or a bad guy, I'm not sure how you can say different. Maybe his corny jokes get a bit angrier when he is a heel?

Heres what i've found with some research:

The Lyrics in this song by Fozzy are very similar to the words used in the promos' Song starts at 3:10

Just incase the video doesn't imbed correctly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJPB-IPG3Y

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJPB-IPG3Y[/YOUTUBE]

Also, The letters DX on the buttons weren't for D-Generation X..

DX is the roman numeral for 510. There's also 3 of these buttons. 510*3 = 1530. 1530=The year that the literal "Walls of Jericho" were broken down.

If you research what the City of Jericho was used for.. It was a place of worship "Lunar Deities" in ancient times. Why does this matter you ask?

Lunar Deities have an opposing Solar Deity that is of the opposite sex to them. I believe this is where the girl fits into these promos... And the reason for the girl picking up the Globe of The World. As Solar Deities we're the controllers of Earth.

well ive got 2 theories that i think are very good theories, but one ppl will definitely agree and the other ppl will just get pissed(like last year)

1. im going with the biggest possibility: CHRIS JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these promos scream jericho i mean the cryptic messages and the staticky messages, the vocabulary of this kid speaking since that was a major part of his heel character, and much morewhat i dnt undertand is that people are saying thats the y2j ball??????)
2.my second theory is.............. STING: now understand me here before everyon jumps my ass for saying its sting. If you listen to what this kid is saying in these videos are bible verses and STING is known to be very religous and in the very first video it say a "familar face" and jericho and undertaker are something that we are used to but the way this kid words it its like we havent seen or heard of this wrestler in the wwe in a long time.
those are just my 2 cents::p

You mean the same Sting who is currently contracted to TNA? I'm going to have to go ahead and say no...

A lot of the dirt sheets are saying that it is definitely Jericho, and they're usually wrong 9 times out of 10. That being said, Jericho seems to be a big fan of subtle messages and long, strung out promos. Not to mention that the world circulating around is that The Undertaker isn't expected to return till the Rumble, and Kane already has his own separate set of promos, which all but rules them out. All factors considered, I think it's Jericho.

The Lyrics in this song by Fozzy are very similar to the words used in the promos' Song starts at 3:10

Just incase the video doesn't imbed correctly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJPB-IPG3Y

DX is the roman numeral for 510. There's also 3 of these buttons. 510*3 = 1530. 1530=The year that the literal "Walls of Jericho" were broken down.

If you research what the City of Jericho was used for.. It was a place of worship "Lunar Deities" in ancient times. Why does this matter you ask?

Lunar Deities have an opposing Solar Deity that is of the opposite sex to them. I believe this is where the girl fits into these promos... And the reason for the girl picking up the Globe of The World. As Solar Deities we're the controllers of Earth.

Wow you saved this thread.

I NOW firmly believe that it will be Y2J returning on 1/2/12 because of this excellent post that helped and provided others with sources. I can't believe how identical that song is to the words the young boy was saying.

Definitely Jericho! Destroy us!

I am OK with this being Jericho, but I am not sure why they would go so much lengths to make these vignettes look like they are about an intimidating force, something to be feared by the entire WWE. Someone who is going to "change the world."

Jericho coming out, being goofy, and saying "Raw is Jericho" would be a big let down here.

I'd rather it just be Taker.

I have said this all along. It doesnt make sense to be Jericho but now looks like it will be him.

The only thing that would answer these concerns is if he returned with some kind of faction - Brodus Clay and Ryback LOL? Jericho is always about changing his character even though this suggestion really isnt him!

I think the IWC forgets KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid. There is no need to over-analyse the vignettes
Its a familiar force so rules out Ryback
It refers to a male so it rules out Kharma
So only Jericho, Undertaker, Steph and Shane McMahon remain
If it was undertaker the vignettes wouldn't be over youtube. It would be promoted to everybody. The same applies with Jericho- why would you have a superstars return be hyped over the internet instead of on tv programming- and yes i know Vince is loving his social media but hying your superstar over social media only targets only a segregated segment of your audience. Isn't that cutting the hype too short?
So if its not a superstar what about Steph and Shane McMahon.
A young boy and girl have been shown in the promo possibly promising change and claiming what is his or in this case theirs. They are a familiar force to all fans.
Any returning superstar or wwe 'personalities' can come back and punish those for their inequities-I mean we do only have an INTERIM RAW General Manager and WWE superstars are very opinionated about how they are being treated (ie. CM Punk, Mark Henry). Right at the moment no McMahon storyline-wise has control of what is theirs and the programming delivered hence they use social media as a vehicle to promote themselves.
Furthermore Michael Cole during the Smackdown show quipped 'cant wait for jan 2nd' but I cannot give you an exact segment but I am pretty sure it was in reference to Teddy Longs dealings with an injured Mark Henry.
Make of that what you will

After looking at the clip I agree with the below comment and believe the probability of the return of jericho is even greater. (FROM THE 3RD VIGNETTE). Even though the return of Shane and Steph is still a possibility.

"the boy is Jericho, the girl is representing Punk. in the video, the boy is doing all the work and the girl keeps looking and seems to be copying his work. When the boy (Jericho) is in timeout (Jericho's time off), the girl keeps looking to get more ideas, but nothing. but at the end, the girl is in the spotlight and smiling, whereas the boy is still doing the work. CM PUNK is getting praised for Jericho's stuff, whereas Jericho is still working, and will make him pay for it."

Furthermore in every vignette we see a ball. In the lookwithin2012 vignette the girl (CM PUNK) eventually grabs the ball. In the 2 other vignettes nobody has control of the ball until the girl ends up grabbing it. Possibly indicating that since Jericho left no one could run with the ball and be the best in the world at what he does (self-proclaimed) until CM Punk came along took that ball and became the self proclaimed best wrestler in the world. The girl plays with the ball around the boy while he continues to do all the hard work (ie. the girl is taking all the credit for all the hardwork the boy has done)

Until you got all crazy with the hypothetical number stuff like Harold Camping, you convinced me. Not that digging in to deep (or maybe not, maybe they really REALLY thought this out) changed my mind. I do think it's Jericho though. Just an experiment for you to try, just because I have a theory, try to find "hidden clues" for it being Vince McMahon and see what you find. You likely found the DX stuff because you want it to be Jericho. It probably is Jericho, but I don't think WWE went into that much detail. They may have though, I could be wrong.

I wouldn't mind it being Jericho. I'd rather it be Jericho than Taker, Taker's returns don't need to be fance, just turn the lights of and ring the gong. Jericho's are always fun.

LOL @ all the people thinking Jericho's just a goofy comedy act, seriously, did you miss 2008 to 2010 in wrestling? Jericho's proved he's more than a one-trick pony...

And I said it was going to be him from the first video, pretty happy that's coming to fruition... People & their theories are silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back