Creative direction regarding the Cody/Sandow Feud

nish2231995

Occasional Pre-Show
How does everyone want to see the Rhodes and Sandow feud payoff? And exactly how are you liking the program so far?

I am a huge fan for Cody Rhodes and I may just be the minority that ranks him above Sandow as a character, even through the Rhodes Scholar days and now. I just feel he is more adaptable to character change, from becoming the bitter spiteful heel, to the cocky and arrogant heel. I was really annoyed when he lost at Money in the Bank and actually have been really impressed by his face work and am excited for the inevitable payoff at SummerSlam, or even afterwards.

I want to see some sort of cheap finish, like a double count out, in a single's match where the briefcase would be on the line at SummerSlam, but have them continuing to fight, through the crowd and continue to get offensive on each other, and then have some spot where Cody moonsaults onto Sandow through some object (similar to Kofi and Orton a few years back). Might not be a favourable finish but my point being that the real payoff comes in a Hell in a Cell match for the briefcase at HIAC. I like a majority feel somewhat negative towards WWE's treatment of these matches, they're meant to be feud enders, why not have a feud actually end in one of them?

The chemistry has been great, I feel a mid-card Hell in a Cell match is something the fans can get into, and give these 2 some serious exposure.

Thoughts??

The feud has already been entertaining and there is no doubt a match between the two can be of a high quality. I don't think that they should let this feud become stale so keeping it to one, maybe two, PPVs would suffice.

This feud has to ultimately do two things: ensure Cody Rhodes is over as a face and Sandow looks like someone capable of being a world champion. Thus far, they have nailed the Cody part of it, but I would like to see Sandow win at SummerSlam and then maybe have Cody snap and attack him - thus keeping his momentum and popularity intact.

I'm enjoying the feud and I think there's great potential for them to sap everything out of it in the next few months. I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised with Cody's work as a face. After being a heel for a long time it seems as if he's made the transition with ease and his performance at MITB was one of the best I've seen in a long time.

I think Sandow winning at SummerSlam will do a lot for his character, the foundations are certainly in place and I think a big win vs Cody would make people take him a lot more seriously, helping him if (most probably when) he becomes World Champion.

This feud needs to last for 2 or 3 PPV's in my opinion. SummerSlam and then Night of Champions with a possibility of it going on until Battleground but this feud should pick up again in 6 months time or so for when Damien is champion.

At the end of the day, Cody Rhodes should shave his mustache as he plows through with a victory against Sandow. It's only deserving for Cody to win. He has the wrestling ability and mic skill to jump start himself in a main event scene.

This feud is great for the both of them tho as it gives the two some nice exposure showcasing their brilliance both inside and outside the ring.

I've enjoyed the feud so far. It's been entertaining and WWE has given them the perfect amount of time every show, they have had enough time to make people care about the feud but not too much for it to get boring.

We all knew Sandow made a good heel, but Cody has shown that he makes a very solid face. The chemistry between the two has shown which has made the feud even more enjoyable so far and should make the match good, as they both seem to compliment each other well.

I could see the match at Summerslam being MITB briefcase vs moustache. This makes both men have something to lose so there's a big reason for the two to fight. The fact that Sandow talked about Cody's family on Raw adds a personal touch which makes fans care even more.

What i noticed is how Cody Rhodes is always struggling with some sort of stupid gimmick which he really doesn't need. His time in Legacy was alright but as a single competitor he never really had a chance to be himself. Dashing Cody Rhodes? The stupid mask? The intellectual bull all of a sudden? The guy doesn't need that. He's quick witted, has some good in-ring abilities and has the looks to go bigger than this.

I personally have a dislike for Sandow on top of this. His intellectual savior of the masses skint is really not working for me and though his mic skills are good he's not coming over as being a sincere asshole. Just a really bad actor. Why would an intellectual be interested in "Sports Entertainment" anyway?

I say, end this feud soon, give Rhodes some more time as himself to get into his persona (like they did with Austin for example back in the day) and just repackage Sandow as something that's more worthy of believing.

We keep talking about putting the blue Push In A Briefcase on the line, but we have to ask ourselves something: are they even going to bring the blue PIAB back? I think they're going to keep it off the air for a while and just have one PIAB.

And as far as the whole Sandow/Rhodes feud goes, I'm starting to agree with a previous thread: although I'm glad to see Cody as a face, from a storyline standpoint it makes no sense. He got mad because Sandow won in an everyman for himself match, he keeps interfering with Sandow's matches, and threw Sandow's briefcase into the ocean because he wasn't the one to win it. How does this make Cody the babyface of this feud?

But then again, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, maybe just because I'm a big Cody fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back