Could Nick Dinsmore have been more?

MisterRob

Wrestling Historian
In WWE people know him as the Eugene character..

But what if Nick Dinsmore, a talented wrestler, had not been given such a limiting character? Where could he have gone in the WWE with a different gimmick?

Thoughts? Opinions?

I was actually a huge fan of the Eugene character, obviously as you stated it was a limiting one. They couldn't have taken it that far although he did have feuds with both Triple H and Kurt Angle.

I think he could have become more. He took a very hard gimmick and made it work well... that's not something everyone can do.

I was actually a huge fan of the Eugene character, obviously as you stated it was a limiting one. They couldn't have taken it that far although he did have feuds with both Triple H and Kurt Angle.

I think he could have become more. He took a very hard gimmick and made it work well... that's not something everyone can do.

I have absolutely nothing against the Eugene character. I think it was a unique gimmick, and it did work. It had some good moments, and I like the fact it was inspiration for those with disabilities, etc.

But the character itself was very limited, because there was only so much that could be done with it. More so, there was only so far Nick Dinsmore as the wrestler could go, because he could be nothing but the comedic character that he became. There was nowhere to go with the character from there, and there was no chance to evolve the character much or develop him into greater things.

I feel like Nick Dinsmore, as a wrestler, had a lot of skills that could have helped him become more then the Eugene character if they hadn't given him that gimmick. He was a fantastic wrestler. He was more then able on the mic, as well. And as you said, he took a gimmick like Eugene and he made it work, was entertaining and got over, so imagine what he could've done with something else?

Sorry to say but Eugene "Nick" Dinsmore was embarrassing to watch, tolerate and endure. His mannerisms, the gimmick of being a ****** with his thumb in his mouth, and the imitations of Rock/Austin done on a weekly basis were some of the disgusting things to have been featured on Monday night Raw. Now that I look back in retrospect, it's disgusting that this idiot was made to be involved in major storylines such as Chris Benoit and Evolution, and even a decisive factor in HHH losing the 60-min ironman match to Benoit thus starting a one-match feud culminating at Summerslam.

That being said, he cannot be said to even be a "mediocre" wrestler because of portraying a ******, his mannerisms and movements were essentially those of a ******, and when he did hit some move, it would be an imitation of Rock or Austin . Thus, Nick Dinsmore as the character he portrayed was meant to be a waste of time and before long, he vanished from TV. It's doubtful that he could've ever made an interesting IC champion with talented wrestlers like Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho around.

That gimmick would be tore apart by today's media. I'm glad it left when it did because WWE would have eventually caught ton of crap for it.

I think Dinsmore could have had an out plan for the gimmick. Eugene could have join the Straight Edge Society back when it was a stable and it could have been revealed that somehow some kinds of medication were responsible for Eugene being the way he was. They did it with Festus. Why not try it with Eugene? That was the only situation I could have seen a logical end to that awful gimmick.

Anyway, Eugene definitely had some fun moments. I'm not going to crap on everything about the character, but there's nothing funny about the assault of the mentally ******ed. And Eugene was ASSAULTED a lot. Like I said, if WWE tried to introduce that gimmick today, it wouldn't last.

I never liked the Eugene gimmick. Partly cause he played someone who was ******ed and, while it didn't disgust me to the point that i was infuriated, I just didn't care for it. The character was also just way to one dimensional for me. Once it got stale, that was it there was nothing else to do with it. You couldn't turn him heel. Imagine if WWE had a reatarded person positioned as a bad guy? Thats a PR nightmare. It was also one of those gimmicks that is so tough to escape from. If WWE would have repackaged Dinsmore and tried to ignore his past Eugene character, the crowd would NEVER stop chanting Eugene and he could never escape it. To answer the question I think Dinsmore was talented enough to be more. I don't think a world champ, but mid card main stay, had he not been branded with a career killing character.

As far as Nick Dinsmore is concerned, he was one of the best technical wrestlers on WWE's roster at the time. He was a trainer back in OVW, known as "Mr. Wrestling", had good matches. I was anticipating his debut on the main roster.

And the Uncle Eric introduced his "nephew" Eugene...while I have no true adversity to the gimmick I knew it couldn't last. As for an "out" for the character...I told "Big" John Gubrick (Tough Enough producer) this before ECW's One Night Stand at the Manhattan Center/Hammerstein Ballroom:

"Before you fire Eugene, cuz I know you will...turn him heel!"

I described this scenario, whenever he turns and attacks a face (Cena lets say) he loses all Eugene characteristics, grabs the mic, and reintroduces himself.

"My name, my REAL NAME is Nicholas Dinsmore. I have been with this damn company for more years than you can count. I've taught and trained your favorite superstars (name like 2 Orton and Cena were the bigger names then) and I am tired of seeing them use my knowledge to grab the spotlight. So I decided that as much as being the best damn wrestler no one knows of in this industry today, I wil do what's needed to get on television. So...I 'became' mentally challenged. I played the role of someone who is a savant at wrestling. I did this because you people don't appreciate talent. You'd rather sit there and laugh at the 'special' guy. And while the "special guy" got OVER because of your lack of morality. I, Nicholas Dinsmore got OVER on you. But hey, I'm here...on tv, and your hero [points to prone Cena] is laying on his back. Who's gonna stop me now?"

This would've been pipe-bombesque YEARS before CM Punk did it.

Sorry to say but Eugene "Nick" Dinsmore was embarrassing to watch, tolerate and endure. His mannerisms, the gimmick of being a ****** with his thumb in his mouth, and the imitations of Rock/Austin done on a weekly basis were some of the disgusting things to have been featured on Monday night Raw. Now that I look back in retrospect, it's disgusting that this idiot was made to be involved in major storylines such as Chris Benoit and Evolution, and even a decisive factor in HHH losing the 60-min ironman match to Benoit thus starting a one-match feud culminating at Summerslam.

That being said, he cannot be said to even be a "mediocre" wrestler because of portraying a ******, his mannerisms and movements were essentially those of a ******, and when he did hit some move, it would be an imitation of Rock or Austin . Thus, Nick Dinsmore as the character he portrayed was meant to be a waste of time and before long, he vanished from TV. It's doubtful that he could've ever made an interesting IC champion with talented wrestlers like Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho around.

It cannot be said he was mediocre full stop. This was the man who basically trained the famed "Class of 02" and was very nearly part of it himself, except at the time he was to valuable as a trainer.

Go back to OVW during that crucial period and Dinsmore was not only working a hard man gimmick and a top top worker but he was training guys like Brock, Shelton, Orton, Cena and Batista. That he could make such a controversial gimmick work to the extent it did PROVED he had IT, but Vince chose not to use him that way that's all. Very similar to how Anthony Carelli was a beast as Boris Alexiev but wound up with Santino or Leo Kruger a hard ass becoming Adam Rose... that they CAN do the 180 and make it work for them proves their greatness...but it also means they are not likely to get "the big push"... but neither did , One Man Gang, The Bushwhackers, IRS, Skinner or Adrian Adonis, even Issac Yankem... all were great, great workers who had lame gimmicks belieing their abilities or success elsewhere. all were employed for a long time and some like Kane and Steve Keirn still are.

It cannot be said he was mediocre full stop. This was the man who basically trained the famed "Class of 02" and was very nearly part of it himself, except at the time he was to valuable as a trainer.

Go back to OVW during that crucial period and Dinsmore was not only working a hard man gimmick and a top top worker but he was training guys like Brock, Shelton, Orton, Cena and Batista. That he could make such a controversial gimmick work to the extent it did PROVED he had IT, but Vince chose not to use him that way that's all.

Well, my evaluation of him depends only insofar as he played the role of Eugene. I've never seen him in a non-Eugene wrestling match/role. But if you guys say he is an excellent wrestler and even a "technical" wrestler, cool. Just that, as the character Eugene, he was doomed to be used for whatever that pleased Vince Mcmahon, including the abuse, beat-downs and all that shit. And the crowd would love to cheer for a mentally-challenged character who can imitate Rock and Austin's wrestling finishers ONLY SO MANY TIMES. Beyond that, it takes the form of disgust, grotesqueness, and horridness.

To be fair at the start he did more than those 2 moves, he was actually using a wide range of moves and they played him as the "wrestling savant", not a blade of sharpness outside the ring but in the ring he could mimic any style. Doink started the same as a heel, colourful character but in the ring very technical.

Both times they just took the cheap way with the character, it kind of does seem horrible but then take a film like The Ringer? is it grotesque or is it actually very uplifiting in it's way, pointing out the "normal" people as the ones with the issues... At the basic level the idea behind Eugene was to play off of Warren in Something About Mary, perhaps the best character in the film if not totally politically correct. They did at least try to make it deeper than cheap laughs by having Regal bond with him and him thwarting Uncle Eric all the time... I was in attendance when they won the tag titles in the UK and no one hated it...

I would have put him in a mask. I'm guessing it was a precieved lack of charisma that lead to him being given the Eugene gimmick in the first place. The guy could go, so cover up his downside. He could have been a dark character and fueded with Kane or been booked as the Mr. Wrestling character and done something similar to the late 90's Blue Blazer (RIP Owen). He could have been a heel like Bob Backlund harkening back to the golden age. All this could have occurred after the Eugene gimmick

This would've been pipe-bombesque YEARS before CM Punk did it.

Probably not.

Anyway, the gimmick was terrible and WWE should be ashamed of themselves for promoting it. The whole thing was everyone making fun of people with mental handicaps. Oh yeah it was funny to watch a handicap person get under the skin of "real men" by beating them because he wasn't taken seriously. Of course, then they'd get mad at beat on him and he couldn't protect himself. But oh, all those moments where he said really stupid things or acted like how Americans want to perceive the mentally handicapped act were worth it! Who can forget him jumping up and down clapping with a face of glee as someone he was a fan of came down to the ring and proceeded to beat him.

Murica.

Maybe. You never know because he was never given a gimmick that had a real chance at a World title or a long career and I wouldn't speculate because I do not know who Nick Dinsmore really was... only his mentally challenged double Eugene!

However I will say I'm still pissed at Eugene to this day for breaking kayfabe during his knee injury...

The Eugene character was his idea from what I heard, so he doomed himself I guess. Could he have been more? Maybe. His ring work from the tapes I've seen in OVW was good, but that doesn't mean it would have translated to the bigger stage. He may honestly be best suited as a trainer, which is his job now for NXT.

You really think that all these guys you see on TV are real don't you?

You have a hard time grasping the concept of a 'character' right?

The handicapped offend you? You offend me.

As for the OP... Nick Dinsmore was an excellent wrestler, and could have gone a lot further if he'd been given a different gimmick. Eugene was great when it debuted, and it took real talent to get it over like Nick did... but it wasn't the type of gimmick that could be long term, and Nick's problem was that he did so well with the gimmick, he wasn't able to transition into something else after. Fans could only see him as Eugene.

The only way I couldn't see him having a more successful career is the fact that he didn't recognize the limits that Eugene would place on him... which leads me to believe that he probably didn't have the mindset to advance to the top of a company like the WWE and stay there. With his skills and look, he was probably best suited to be more of a traditional wrestler, or a bit of a wildman character like a Buzz Sawyer. Doing that, he could have easily been a long term mid card guy.

You really think that all these guys you see on TV are real don't you?

Are you fucking kidding me? Read my post again where I clearly explain that it was Eugene's "Character" that sucked, not Eugene the real person. Nor did I say that Eugene-the real person- had no potential. Everything I referred to was in reference to the character "Eugene", not Nick Dinsmore.

You have a hard time grasping the concept of a 'character' right?
You couldn't even understand my post, and you're fucking saying I don't understand the concept of a wrestling "character" ! ? Go wash your face with cold water.

The handicapped offend you? You offend me.

Stop being such a whiney mother teresa because this is a WRESTLING forum and not a sympathy or charity contest for the poor, deprived, and handicapped. If a gimmick of a ****** offends me, it's MY OPINION, MY CHOICE. Who are you to try to portray me as offensive? For all I care, you might be a big fan of both Eugene and Santino Marella. It doesn't make my point of view any less cogent, reasonable and personal. And Eugene-the ****** sucked. Live with it.

Are you fucking kidding me? Read my post again where I clearly explain that it was Eugene's "Character" that sucked, not Eugene the real person. Nor did I say that Eugene-the real person- had no potential. Everything I referred to was in reference to the character "Eugene", not Nick Dinsmore.

Yet this is the first thing you said...

You don't even get the guys name right ffs. Eugene was the character. His real name wasn't Eugene Dinsmore with a nickname of "Nick" as your quotes would suggest you believed.

You couldn't even understand my post, and you're fucking saying I don't understand the concept of a wrestling "character" ! ? Go wash your face with cold water.

And then you said this...

Completely confusing the character Dinsmore played with the actual performer, who you later admitted to have never seen outside of his portrayal of Eugene, which completely disqualifies you from even having an informed opinion on the topic of whether NICK DINSMORE could have done better without having that character. If you only know the damn guy through his portrayal of that character, then you have no idea what he was or wasn't like in his own right... and if you claim otherwise, then you aren't understanding the concept of a character... which is ironic coming from someone who actually tries playing a character on a fucking message board!

Stop being such a whiney mother teresa because this is a WRESTLING forum and not a sympathy or charity contest for the poor, deprived, and handicapped. If a gimmick of a ****** offends me, it's MY OPINION, MY CHOICE. Who are you to try to portray me as offensive? For all I care, you might be a big fan of both Eugene and Santino Marella. It doesn't make my point of view any less cogent, reasonable and personal. And Eugene-the ****** sucked. Live with it.

Your opinion and your choice both suck, and I find your use of the term ****** completely offensive. If you don't like that... too fucking bad. Like I said above... you're a guy that actually plays a character on a message board. I think that says everything that needs to be said about you.

Your opinion and your choice both suck, and I find your use of the term ****** completely offensive. If you don't like that... too fucking bad. Like I said above... you're a guy that actually plays a character on a message board. I think that says everything that needs to be said about you.

So calling Eugene the character to be that of a "******", or calling a spade a spade is offensive? That is reasonable to qualify you as an idiot. As far as the accusation of me being a guy who plays a character, I say HAW HAW HAW. First you say I don't understand the concept of "character". Then you go on to say I'm playing a character here. Hilarious. I don't want to argue with you or even disparage you because clearly, you're confused as fuck and you can't accept the fact that somebody calls a spade a spade and me calling "Eugene" a ****** is not my opinion or feeling, he WAS a ******. Blame the WWE creative, and stop calling innocent, honest and benevolent people offensive and confuse eveerybody by your ambivalent assertions.

So calling Eugene the character to be that of a "******", or calling a spade a spade is offensive? That is reasonable to qualify you as an idiot. As far as the accusation of me being a guy who plays a character, I say HAW HAW HAW. First you say I don't understand the concept of "character". Then you go on to say I'm playing a character here. Hilarious. I don't want to argue with you or even disparage you because clearly, you're confused as fuck and you can't accept the fact that somebody calls a spade a spade and me calling "Eugene" a ****** is not my opinion or feeling, he WAS a ******. Blame the WWE creative, and stop calling innocent, honest and benevolent people offensive and confuse eveerybody by your ambivalent assertions.

Ok there Sandow.

Like I said, ironic that the guy pathetic enough to play a character on a message board couldn't grasp that Nick Dinsmore wasn't the same guy as Eugene.

I see you didn't bother with anything else I said. Probably because you couldn't.

I find it funny that you, in the same breath, can call yourself innocent, honest and benevolent... yet refer to a mentally handicapped character as ******ed.

That's not calling a spade a spade. That's not being innocent. That's just you being an asshole... because with your whole 'gimmick' here, it's hard to justify that you're just ignorant about the use of that term... although truth be told, judging by your posting history ignorance is something you wear on your sleeve.

I thought Nick Dinsomre was incredible as Eugene. He did everything perfectly, from his moveset to the looks on his face.

The character got over but it was never sustainable. He couldn't wrestle as he would normally and it restricted him. Without, he might have been a decent mid-card talent but it was never meant to be. He is still pretty young and is now working in NXT.

At the time, Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Batista and Benjamin had just debuted. They had to give Dinsmore something different to help him stand out because there were other top wrestlers on the roster. Dinsmore made Eugene work and that is some feat.

Ok there Sandow.

Like I said, ironic that the guy pathetic enough to play a character on a message board couldn't grasp that Nick Dinsmore wasn't the same guy as Eugene.

I see you didn't bother with anything else I said. Probably because you couldn't.

I find it funny that you, in the same breath, can call yourself innocent, honest and benevolent... yet refer to a mentally handicapped character as ******ed.

That's not calling a spade a spade. That's not being innocent. That's just you being an asshole... because with your whole 'gimmick' here, it's hard to justify that you're just ignorant about the use of that term... although truth be told, judging by your posting history ignorance is something you wear on your sleeve.

You've got to be kidding me! You're too dumb to understand it, so let me make it perfectly clear. According to this thread, I've been saying Nick Dinsmore as Eugene couldn't have been anything because Eugene- the character of a ******- sucked and made for some embarrassing segments. Mentally handicapped/******ed, what difference does it make? Are you going to further go on and conduct a psychological evaluation of the damn wrestling character and label it, and find it offensive if I say it's a bit of "Tourette's " , "Down's ", "Mental ******ation" , and more? .Please stop being Moral Police on the internet and grow a pair because I'm tired of your nonsense. Kindly stop portraying me as ignorant, villainous or offensive because clearly, you're nonsensical, absurd, and confused yourself. And stop calling me SANDOW. I like the guy but just because I'm eloquent and verbose and can verbally overwhelm you doesn't mean I'm playing Damien Sandow.

It's disgusting how you obsess over Eugene/Nick Dinsmore and call me ignorant. If you're such a big fan of Eugene, and find a Wrestlezone member calling a ******ed gimmick person a ****** offensive, why don't you go watch some Eugene matches from Sunday night heat and amuse yourself? I bet you'd find Eugene and Jonathan Coatchman pretty amusing too. You know what you won't find amusing? Dealing with a logical, opinionated and ferocious jackal as myself. You'd be lucky to argue with Damien Sandow- because THAT is a character. I'm as real as the mountain.

You've got to be kidding me! You're too dumb to understand it, so let me make it perfectly clear. According to this thread, I've been saying Nick Dinsmore as Eugene couldn't have been anything because Eugene- the character of a ******- sucked and made for some embarrassing segments. Mentally handicapped/******ed, what difference does it make? Are you going to further go on and conduct a psychological evaluation of the damn wrestling character and label it, and find it offensive if I say it's a bit of "Tourette's " , "Down's ", "Mental ******ation" , and more? .Please stop being Moral Police on the internet and grow a pair because I'm tired of your nonsense. Kindly stop portraying me as ignorant, villainous or offensive because clearly, you're nonsensical, absurd, and confused yourself. And stop calling me SANDOW. I like the guy but just because I'm eloquent and verbose and can verbally overwhelm you doesn't mean I'm playing Damien Sandow.

It's disgusting how you obsess over Eugene/Nick Dinsmore and call me ignorant. If you're such a big fan of Eugene, and find a Wrestlezone member calling a ******ed gimmick person a ****** offensive, why don't you go watch some Eugene matches from Sunday night heat and amuse yourself? I bet you'd find Eugene and Jonathan Coatchman pretty amusing too. You know what you won't find amusing? Dealing with a logical, opinionated and ferocious jackal as myself. You'd be lucky to argue with Damien Sandow- because THAT is a character. I'm as real as the mountain.

Sorry Sandow, it's too amusing here watching you try to call me an idiot, all well not understanding a damn thing.

Nick Dinsmore AS Eugene couldn't have been anything? Correct me if I'm wrong (not you, someone that actually has a clue)... but Eugene was pretty fucking over when he debuted, and stayed over for a while until the character itself lost steam... you know, since it was a character designed for a limited run, which was the entire point of this thread that's gone right over your head!

What's the difference between mentally handicapped and ******ed? The difference between you being innocent as you first said Sandow... and you being the asshole that you are.

I'm obsessing over Dinsmore? Hardly, but you wouldn't understand that. I just read this thread, saw how ignorant you were (again), and this time, instead of moving on which I have been for quite a while, I decided to finally call you out on your bullshit.

And for your sake, I hope you're just playing a character. Because if this is really you... walking around pretending you're a wrestling heel? Well kid, I hope you're pulling a Poffo (precurser for your message board gimmick), and learning to suck your own dick... because sure as fuck no one else is gonna.

Sorry Sandow, it's too amusing here watching you try to call me an idiot, all well not understanding a damn thing.

Nick Dinsmore AS Eugene couldn't have been anything? Correct me if I'm wrong (not you, someone that actually has a clue)... but Eugene was pretty fucking over when he debuted, and stayed over for a while until the character itself lost steam... you know, since it was a character designed for a limited run, which was the entire point of this thread that's gone right over your head!

What's the difference between mentally handicapped and ******ed? The difference between you being innocent as you first said Sandow... and you being the asshole that you are.

I'm obsessing over Dinsmore? Hardly, but you wouldn't understand that. I just read this thread, saw how ignorant you were (again), and this time, instead of moving on which I have been for quite a while, I decided to finally call you out on your bullshit.

And for your sake, I hope you're just playing a character. Because if this is really you... walking around pretending you're a wrestling heel? Well kid, I hope you're pulling a Poffo (precurser for your message board gimmick), and learning to suck your own dick... because sure as fuck no one else is gonna.

You, Sir, are totally ungentlemanly, unaesthetic, uncharming, unendurable, uninspiring, unpleasing, unsophisticated, unbecoming............

I said a couple of true albeit harsh things about Nick Dinsmore being doomed to fail as Eugene, which is what happened. You take offense when I call a spade a spade and then go on on a relentless pursuit to try to put me down- First you call me ignorant and offensive, then you call me an asshole, then you claim I don't understand the concept of "character". Then you go on to say I'm playing a character! But when everything fails in your relentless pursuit trying to defend your beloved hero Eugene/Nick Dinsmore, you resort to using ungentlemanly, heinous, discourteous, profane, and blasphemous language and make reference to a "cock". I am tired, vexed, and annoyed now and no longer wish to discourse with you on "Eugene"- a gimmick of a ******. That's a fact and since you are too sensitive to face harsh criticisms of limiting gimmicks and the person who agreed to play them, you should've at least avoided going down the path of profanity.

Kindly take a good look at yourself in a mirror and ask yourself, "Who am I? Why am I the way I am? Why do I obsess over simple facts of life such as a bad and unpleasant wrestling character being pointed out on a Wrestling forum? ". If that doesn't do you any good, I'm afraid nothing can! Not even mentioning cocks in a Wrestling discussion.

You, Sir, are totally ungentlemanly, unaesthetic, uncharming, unendurable, uninspiring, unpleasing, unsophisticated, unbecoming............

I said a couple of true albeit harsh things about Nick Dinsmore being doomed to fail as Eugene, which is what happened. You take offense when I call a spade a spade and then go on on a relentless pursuit to try to put me down- First you call me ignorant and offensive, then you call me an asshole, then you claim I don't understand the concept of "character". Then you go on to say I'm playing a character! But when everything fails in your relentless pursuit trying to defend your beloved hero Eugene/Nick Dinsmore, you resort to using ungentlemanly, heinous, discourteous, profane, and blasphemous language and make reference to a "cock". I am tired, vexed, and annoyed now and no longer wish to discourse with you on "Eugene"- a gimmick of a ******. That's a fact and since you are too sensitive to face harsh criticisms of limiting gimmicks and the person who agreed to play them, you should've at least avoided going down the path of profanity.

Kindly take a good look at yourself in a mirror and ask yourself, "Who am I? Why am I the way I am? Why do I obsess over simple facts of life such as a bad and unpleasant wrestling character being pointed out on a Wrestling forum? ". If that doesn't do you any good, I'm afraid nothing can! Not even mentioning cocks in a Wrestling discussion.

Alright Sandow. Last time here and I'm done.

The OP's question... was whether or not Nick Dinsmore could have done better if he HADN'T gone with the Eugene gimmick.

Are you following along so far?

You admitted you know nothing of the guy outside of that gimmick, then proceeded to proclaim that he was a failure with that gimmick, while making some pretty vile comments about the mentally challenged (and I'M ungentlemanly?)

You completely ignored the point of the thread, which was to ignore Eugene and focus on the man behind Eugene.

There's your ignorance.

The fact that you completely misunderstood the OP's question and confused the character of Eugene with the man behind Eugene is why I said you don't understand the concept of a character. Pointing out how you didn't like Dinsmore's mannerism's when playing Eugene does nothing to answer the actual question... since if Dinsmore had a different gimmick (the OP's question), he wouldn't be using them. If you made the point that using the mannerism's he used as Eugene would show how committed he could be to playing any type of character, which would be an indicator that he could have succeeded under another gimmick, you'd be right. He played Eugene so well he was basically typecast as him.

You continued with your vile comments about the mentally challenged, despite the fact that it was obvious that you were offending with them. Quick tip for you. If you want to be offensive, don't whine when you get called out for offending.

If you were offended by a man who isn't mentally challenged portraying one on TV, then that would be a valid point. You never said that though however, didn't you?

There's you being an asshole... and once again ignorant.

Why do I care about you making vile comments about the mentally challenged? Because I have worked with many. These people are some of the best people you will ever have the pleasure to meet in your life. They do not deserve to be looked down on, or called names, for something that they were born with and is beyond their control, and I'll call out anyone who does.

The ignorance you display though... that is something to look down on because that is something within your control.

I actually didn't mention 'cocks' (although you seem to love that word). I said dick... as in a personal observation on what your life must be like based on how you come across here. Dick also works better than cock in describing you... since it really doesn't work to call you a cock... but it does to call you a dick. It's also pretty obvious you're someone in dire need of another human being that's willing to play with yours. Good luck with that. I sincerely mean that.

So feel free to pull out your thesaurus Sandow and construct another outraged post at me. I don't really care, since like I said I'm done here.

Alright Sandow. Last time here and I'm done.

The OP's question... was whether or not Nick Dinsmore could have done better if he HADN'T gone with the Eugene gimmick.

Are you following along so far?

You admitted you know nothing of the guy outside of that gimmick, then proceeded to proclaim that he was a failure with that gimmick, while making some pretty vile comments about the mentally challenged (and I'M ungentlemanly?)

You completely ignored the point of the thread, which was to ignore Eugene and focus on the man behind Eugene.

There's your ignorance.

The fact that you completely misunderstood the OP's question and confused the character of Eugene with the man behind Eugene is why I said you don't understand the concept of a character. Pointing out how you didn't like Dinsmore's mannerism's when playing Eugene does nothing to answer the actual question... since if Dinsmore had a different gimmick (the OP's question), he wouldn't be using them. If you made the point that using the mannerism's he used as Eugene would show how committed he could be to playing any type of character, which would be an indicator that he could have succeeded under another gimmick, you'd be right. He played Eugene so well he was basically typecast as him.

I see. I admit that I got confused and overlooked the significance of the OP primarily asking if "Nick Dinsmore" could be more, not "Eugene Dinsmore" for two reasons- A bad state/sleep deprivation, and a memory of 2004 when I first saw/read results of Eugene's debut where he was described as "Eugene Dinsmore" which was eventually dropped to just Eugene , the nephew of Eric Bischoff. So I just went on describing why I thought Eugene- the character sucked and was doomed, without thinking once that the OP is about Nick Dinsmore- the guy who played Eugene. Heck , why would I even want to be into Nick Dinsmore in an Era of Dolph Zigglers and Damien Sandows? I gave my Opinion about Eugene- that's all.

You continued with your vile comments about the mentally challenged, despite the fact that it was obvious that you were offending with them. Quick tip for you. If you want to be offensive, don't whine when you get called out for offending.

If you were offended by a man who isn't mentally challenged portraying one on TV, then that would be a valid point. You never said that though however, didn't you?

There's you being an asshole... and once again ignorant.

Why do I care about you making vile comments about the mentally challenged? Because I have worked with many. These people are some of the best people you will ever have the pleasure to meet in your life. They do not deserve to be looked down on, or called names, for something that they were born with and is beyond their control, and I'll call out anyone who does.

The ignorance you display though... that is something to look down on because that is something within your control.

I agree with you but I wasn't blaming so much the handicapped/tragic victims of their biology/mind but the WWE creative because no truly mentally/neurobiologically limited person would choose a profession like pro-wrestling now, would they? It was heinous and unbecoming for the WWE to do that, which I guess they love to- bring up stunted(Hornswoggle), deficient(Eugene) characters, then get them beat up by Mr Mcmahon/Evolution. I guess they've stopped that now that they're PG and family friendly. So there you go, the It was all directed at WWE/Nick Dinsmore, not actual handicapped people. And you've got to agree it's distasteful to bring up such characters, place them in "main roles" on Raw, draw sympathy from the crowds, and next have them beaten by Batista/HHH/Orton.

I actually didn't mention 'cocks' (although you seem to love that word). I said dick... as in a personal observation on what your life must be like based on how you come across here. Dick also works better than cock in describing you... since it really doesn't work to call you a cock... but it does to call you a dick. It's also pretty obvious you're someone in dire need of another human being that's willing to play with yours. Good luck with that. I sincerely mean that.

So feel free to pull out your thesaurus Sandow and construct another outraged post at me. I don't really care, since like I said I'm done here

I will overlook the cock/dick thing and finish by saying that there's more to this world than COCKS and DICKS. I didn't use a thesaurus, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back