• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could John Cena ever go heel again?

C

chuckhardslab

so last year there was alot of talk about cena turning heel. now it seems as if he will go face the miz MAYBE the biggest heel in the wwe today at wm27. some people still say he will turn heel before mania. So i want to know do you WZ readers and forum posters think cena does have a heel turn in the works? if so when? should they do it before mania? would miz turn face if they did that? explain your thoughts below :rasta::conehead::crucified:

First off, Cena isn't turning heel before WrestleMania. At least, not this WrestleMania. To answer the thread title question. Could John Cena ever go heel again? Of course, he could. Cena could come out and start bashing the kids, his biggest fanbase. They turn against him, and he's a heel. Same with Hogan in 1996.

yeah he could, but vince won't do it, he is too much the face of the company right now,and with the make a wish, and all the stuff he does, it will not be believable. i would love it though, i could see it some time down the road, they just got to stop booking him for all those commercials, and make a wish.

of course he can...and should.

but not BEFORE wrestlemania and not after! he should go heel AT wrestlemania. if he's going up against The Miz...he has a chance. Right now Miz has a bit of a fan base and would easily be able to swerve people and act the victim. perhaps if Cena got some help to defeat Miz. maybe Alex Riley turns on Miz and there is a beatdown. that one is a little far fetched and they'd need a good explanation.

a BETTER idea would be for him to go up against CM Punk. Punk already has a dangerously large group of fan followers... and i say "dangerously" because he needs to stay focused so that the entire arena doesn't start cheering for him. that would be bad because he is currently the best heel in the WWE. Jericho was excellent at keeping people hating him (in a good way)

however... if you're gonna put Cena and Punk against each other... you can easily make them switch places and have Cena become the villain and Punk become the favorite.

yeah he could, but vince won't do it, he is too much the face of the company right now,and with the make a wish, and all the stuff he does, it will not be believable. i would love it though, i could see it some time down the road, they just got to stop booking him for all those commercials, and make a wish.

i think Vince's fear comes from the fact that he wants there to be a goodie two-shoes as the face of his PG company. Orton couldn't possibly fill this role as there is just too much badass about Orton to do that.

one idea would be to make someone like Kofi Kingston the goodie goodie guy and then turn Cena heel. it'll push Kofi... and sell Cena's "Word Life" t-shirts to the adults for a change. do they still have those? they probably should.

i can't stand Cena. i skip every single main event he's a part of. but it'd be unbelievably refreshing to see him in a different role. and even breathe new life into his character.

Ok first off Cm Punk is the biggest heel in Wrestling today(ask JR). Now to answer the Question Of course he can go heel Hogan did and noone thought he could. but will he anytime soon probaly not. Simple fact he's a Cash Cow. When Hogan turned he wasnt a as much as a cash cow Austin was so he turned so if Vinny finds another cash cow and Cena not being the cash cow he is then Cena will turn. Cena makes WWE to much money it would to big of a risk for Vinny.

Nah, Even if Vince wanted to turn Cena Heel its way too late for that. He has been heel before yeah but fans have been too acustomed to seing Cena face that it can't work unless he as a major storyline to do it. If he would have willingly joined The Nexus when they began it could have been done but now too late, unless he would join The Corre on Smackdown and we know Vince won't trade him there. ;)

I honestly haven't heard some people still say that he'll turn heel before Mania, and I wouldn't listen to them if I had.

If Cena were going to turn heel, let him have enough time to put together a run where he tears through all the other babyfaces. Don't change his wrestling style, let him remain as Super-Cena, and then let someone beat him at Mania for the strap, probably the guy who was going to be the next huge babyface.

Going by my notion of how I feel it should happen, I'm just going to say that I don't think it'll happen anytime soon because I don't see anyone on the horizon that's going to take his spot with the Make-a-Wish Foundation and all the red tape that goes with being the top guy. I don't think Orton has it in him to be that type of guy, and a guy like Morrison is still a ways away from that. I probably think that by the time something like that happens, Cena will be ready to retire from wrestling and there will be a new cast of babyfaces ready to move in. Like I said, maybe Morrison could be that guy, but I don't know. It'll probably be someone who's in FCW or not even in the company, right now. Also, I don't think I could ever see Miz being a babyface. He's got that smugness about him that I don't think kids will ever get behind, and he's got the backstory of a heel; he's the character that isn't going to beat you honestly, because he can't. Not saying Mike Mizanin is a bad wrestler, it's just his character isn't the type that will ever out-brawl you or out-wrestle you, and I don't think he'll ever be booked differently. So, no, I don't think the Miz could ever be a successful face, at least not in a children's market like the PG era is, and he won't be the guy to take Cena down if Cena turns heel.

Finally...I just have to admit that at this point, I don't think that I ever want Cena to turn heel. Sure, Cena is kind of boring and at some point, if he wants a really lengthy career as a wrestler, he'll have to turn heel to stay relevant, but I just feel that his character is forever fated to be a babyface. Now, I do realize that the Hogan similarities are impossible to ignore, so I admit that he might turn heel like Hogan did...again, once he's older and has to turn heel to stay relevant...just like Hogan.

In summation, no, Cena will not turn heel anytime in the near future, and no, Miz will not turn face. I'm sure the WWE knows that they'll always have a Cena heel-turn in the works if they ever need it, but they aren't going to need it probably for at least another year or two.

Anyone can turn heel. Hogan and The Rock are prime examples
They were the most over faces and turned heel almost over night and it worked.
Sure it just changes the focus from being loved by the face fans to being cheered by heel fans, but it still is a successfull change

Sting is another one that was 100% fan fav, and with one action he went to being hated.

ATM they could go either way with Cena and it still work. They need him still as face though with Orton going on hiatus to heal wounds i forsee and who else is there that is a face main eventer that could carry the role? noone atm

They are still nudging the thought with having him enternally getting screwed and losing, but the big chance went by at SurvivorSeries. Maybe after Mania.....

I was watching some old videos of Cena on youtube, when he was the dr of thuganomics. He was edgy, unique, and interesting, but now hes just another boring smiley, vanilla baby face. WWE is really fantastic and ruining characters, and he is a prime example. This guy was born to play a heel, and no one had ever combined rap and wrestling like he had.

He really needs to go back to the old gimmick, and stick with it. And maybe form some thug faction and just run amok. At the moment hes nothing, and his promos are seriously suffering also. He is always just acting very straight and serious all the time, compared to before when he was spitting fire and also entertaining.

exactly he was better back then sure his wrestling skills were not so great(still arent) but he had and has the mic skills though hes promos now are all the same but he has turned into a baby face beyond belief and his gimmick is now stale and boring

If Cena ever does turn it should be like Hogan's heel turn and mark the end of an era and the beginning of a new, darker, more serious era... But that's not going to happen ANY time soon. Honestly it probably won't happen for Several years, once WWEs young fanbase becomes teenagers and young adults and start to grow bored with the smiles, and the uber good guy rutine start to look for a new anti-hero. The fans who love him now WILL turn on him eventually, but to try to force the matter too soon wouldn't be good.

John Cena will NEVER turn heel because he makes WWE too much money and has a very big fanbase. I dont think Vince would be that stupid. But i do think he should try make someone else the top guy, maybe Randy Orton. Cena could then turn on Orton which MAYBE might get all Cenas fanbase on Orton side.

If Cena didn't turn heel during the original Nexus angle, its not happening this year. I believe the internet dirt sheets killed his heel turn, so now we are force to wait. When and if Cena turns heel I hope he doesn't go back to his vanilla ice or markey mark gimmick, he needs to turn heel in the form of hulk hogan or cm punk style for it to work. Lets remember vince is not turning his money making ****e, heel unless he see's he can make huge money out of it.

Anyone can be turned heel look at the history in WWE, Austin was the fresh new heel going against the biggest face of the 1990s in WWE Bret Hart and the FANS turned Austin face and Bret heel not WWE the FANS, now if the fans can have that much power then ANYONE can be turned.

Will Cena ever been turned heel? You know what I think in time WWE will turn Cena when the time is right, the fans are fickle and the younger fans cheer him, the older fans (male) loath him, but WWE is appealing to the YOUNGER fans so it doesn't matter what the older fans want, as long as the younger fans are happy and they are.

When the generations change PG to the post PG I wouldn't be surprised if WWE creative turned him into a tweener like Orton, the problem with Cena and heels is heels are cowards essentially and Cena has this never say quit attitude that turning him heel could effectively KILL Cena's career.

Could Cena turn heel? Yes he could, He would have to do something pretty bad to pull it off, but remember he is already half way there. Half the crowd boo's him. So all it would take is for Cena to take a few cheap shots at another over face like Mysterio or something and that could end up making him heel.

Does he have a heel turn in the works? No fucking way, He is the most over face in the WWE at the moment, Bringing heels in to work with him is easy, just have a big guy come in, but who could fued with him as a heel at the moment? I don't think they will be turning Cena heel until there are more faces in the ME scene.

The time to have turned Cena heel would have been One Night Stand in 2006 when he faced RVD. The ECW crowd was solely behind RVD and when Cena threw his shirt into the crowd, it was thrown back.

Turning Cena heel NOW would be a bonehead move in my opinion. Whether you like him or not, he is WWE's top drawing talent. He's the guy that sells the t-shirts and the tickets.

IMO, if Hulk Hogan could go heel with the classic nWo angle, ANYBODY could! John Cena is the 2011 version of the 1980's Hulk Hogan character so I don't believe that will ever happen but who knows. If Cena were to turn heel, you can rest assured it would come as a HUGE swerve at the end of a very high profile match such as a WM main event so you can forget ALL about any heel turn from John Cena prior to this or any other WM. The WWE would NEVER waste something that big on a random RAW show. I also think this would only happen once during his career b/c he has become such an iconic face for the WWE.

No, not before Mania. But turning Cena is the second greatest thing the WWE could possibly do. The first is breaking the Undertaker's undefeated streak. I won't go into great detail because it's a huge part of my next column, but the WWE has two long-term investments (the streak and cena's face character) that they haven't messed with, and cashing in on either of them at the right time could mean a revolution to the entire landscape of wrestling. Quite simply, you take the most successful superstar in wrestling today and turn him heel...he's done everything else there is to do as a face, so why not turn him and have a completely new landscape to work with! Cena is best in the ring when he's NOT getting the hell beat out of him for 90% of the match. He would be required to carry the match as a heal (for the cheap heat) and that would be great to see again. I'd almost think he'd be more popular as a heel than as a face.

If they were ever going to turn Cena heel, they missed the best opportunity during the Nexus angle when Cena had to ref the Barrett-Orton match w/ the stipulation that he'd be fired if Barrett lost.

For a long time now, Cena has been about doing the right thing....hustle, loyalty, respect, all that jazz. But that match was their shot to do it, and I was disappointed WWE passed on it. In the story, all of the guys voiced their opinion that when it came down to it, Cena would do what he needed to do to keep his job. They could've had Cena screw Orton, then have Cena explain that everyone had already lost faith in him and said he wouldn't do the right thing, so he made it a self-fulfilling prophecy for them. He could've said that everyone turned on him.

but he did the right thing and counted Barrett down for the 1-2-3, even though it cost him his job. don't see any believable storyline now where they could turn him after he sacrificed his own livlihood (storyline-wise) to do the right thing.

I think if you had Cena maybe pull a Batista and beat the crap out of say Rey or someone like that who is really over with the kiddies you might be able to draw him enough heat from the youngsters to turn him heel. I don't see many other options for him otherwise. Maybe the UT?

Cena can turn heel tomorrow night if Vince wanted him to but Vince is being a jerk about turning Cena heel because this PG garbage soften up Vince too much.

Will Cena turn heel? Of course "everyone has a price" hahaha, no seriously, everyone turns heel, especially if we witnessed Hogan and Stone Cold turning heels. But i don't think it's soon.

The anticipation of Cena turning heel by us is actually one of the reasons he can't turn heel soon. What was the last time IWC wished something and it happened shortly after? As long as people anticipate it there will be no suprise factor, and turning your biggest face heel has to come as a suprise. That's why i don't think it will happen soon

Vince wants to have a "face of the company." Right now, it's Cena. We found out a few months ago, that making Orton a tweener in hopes of making him the next Stone Cold didn't elevate him any higher. The only two examples people are giving for turns are Hogan, Rock and Stone Cold. Hogan had already done everything with his character. There was nothing else to do but turn him. Plus it was after his prime. The Rock turned at the same time Stone Cold went face again. They evened each other out. It's easy to turn the face of your company when you have 2 of them. Just make sure one of them is the "face." With Stone Cold, he seems to be the one superstar that will sell merchandise no matter if he is face or heel. The fans love him. Period.

With Cena, there is nobody to take over his place. Edge is tweener, and thinking about retiring. Orton tried and failed. Miz is too damn good at being a heel. Punk is too new at being a heel. He is great at it, so it would suck to change him. HHH is going to the front office. Taker is old.

It's crazy because everybody talks about the youth movement by WWE. It seems like they are only pushing young heels. Barret, Miz, Del Rio. The new faces are getting buried. Sorry JoMo. But until the WWE pushes a face, and pushes them to the top, Cena will remain Face. A heel turn is still a year or more away.

If Hulk Hogan can turn face and get over after going heel and forming the nWo with Hall & Nash almost 15 years ago, then John Cena can turn heel again and get over quite easily.

Like Hulk Hogan before him, John Cena is seen by most fans as the quintessential wrestling babyface. For all intents and purpose, much of John Cena & Hulk Hogan's face personas were cut from the same cloth as they embodied just about everything that American wrestling fans expect from a "true hero". If John Cena suddenly turned heel, it'd have the entire wrestling world buzzing in a way that hadn't been seen since Hulk Hogan's heel turn back in 1996.

Cena turning heel would generate a huge amount of interest, especially for the next episode of Raw, because people would simply wanna find out why and what he's going to be involved in. We all remember the now famous image of the "Miz Girl", that look of anger and disdain on that little girl's face after The Miz won the WWE Championship from Randy Orton. It would compare to the looks on the faces of the kids and even parents in the Raw audience if Cena turned heel. You'd literally have kids crying their eyes out all over the place and the rest of the audience, except for the smarks, would be pissed off. The smarks, if nothing else, would probably be shocked to near speechlessness.

So could Cena ever go heel again? Sure he could and he'd get over without the slightest problem. Is it likely he'll ever go heel again? I'd say so but it probably won't be anytime in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back