Cleveland Cavalier fans...shut the fuck up already

1] People pay for it over seeing on TV for the same reasons they do WWE or lots of other events.

2] I got my money's worth at tons of games... Just not from him.
But, with all due respect, no one gives a fuck about your opinion, nor was this thread about YOU. It was about the fans of Cleveland who are acting like children because he left, and me telling them to shut the fuck up.

So, I don't really give a damn about your opinion of him, because aside from the fact you seem to have ZERO objectivity regarding his ability, you admit you're not one of the people who are crying about him leaving.

So....why are you even in this thread? To debate facts which have been proven in this thread? There's no reason for you to be in this thread, since your original purpose for coming in was to dispute the comment I made about what LeBron James brought to the city of Cleveland. Other posters have proven the increase in attendance, have cited many shopowners increase in business because of LeBron, and you yourself proved that LeBron James on TV does wonders for ratings, as when you noted the ESPN special that you claim is the ONLY time that's happened.

So, seriously, why are you still in this thread?

Yes, I've watched more basketball in my lifetime (including recent years) than many people.
But not me, I can virtually guarantee that. Last year alone, I COACHED more than 70 basketball games. I scouted many more. I coached basketball practice for four separate teams every day I didn't have a game. I've refereed for elementary basketball, and ran a clock for junior high girls basketball. I have traveled to Duke University to watch three Duke practices and participate in a coaching clinic, with the guy that has won a Gold Medal in both the last Olympic Games and the last FIBA World Championships, as well as last years NCAA Championship. I've been to several college basketball games. And that doesn't even begin to count the number of games I've watched on TV, both in college and NBA.

Now, take what I just told you, and multiply that over several years. I sincerely doubt the amount of basketball you've seen or been apart of compares to mine. And I have no doubt your understanding of how the games works doesn't come within a fraction of mine. With that in mind, I highly suggest you retract your statement about your supposed authority on basketball.

I argue he's the best in the league, & question he is Top 5, let alone 3.
Argue it? Fine. But to dismiss him from the argument, which is what you have suggested, makes you look like a dumbass.

I went to several Cavs games, & cheered many of his teammates more than him.
And, as I said, no one gives a fuck about you, since this thread really isn't about you, correct?

The Cavs added few (if any) players since he left. He's on a team that includes Wade, among others. If an analyst (who, you seem to agree, knows more about sports than the average person) expects Cleveland to win, that says a lot.

It says that Cleveland is at home and this game is basically their NBA Championship. Miami is a team of basically all new guys who have yet to really gel.

I gave you the opinion of an analyst, & you said it had nothing to do with the subject.

Because it didn't.

But, with all due respect, no one gives a fuck about your opinion, nor was this thread about YOU. It was about the fans of Cleveland who are acting like children because he left, and me telling them to shut the fuck up.

Nobody cares anymore about you, or who you want to tell what to, either.

So, I don't really give a damn about your opinion of him, because aside from the fact you seem to have ZERO objectivity regarding his ability, you admit you're not one of the people who are crying about him leaving.

Right, & the people who are crying join the people who aren't in not caring what you think about them, Lebron, or that fact.

So....why are you even in this thread? To debate facts which have been proven in this thread?

I don't see facts as being debatable. Maybe you do, since you seem to understand otherwise obvious things.

There's no reason for you to be in this thread, since your original purpose for coming in was to dispute the comment I made about what LeBron James brought to the city of Cleveland.[/quote]

If you read my original post, you'll see that is not the case.

Other posters have proven the increase in attendance, have cited many shopowners increase in business because of LeBron,

So let other posters do it, & act like that had anything to do with you, what you think, or what tyou do/say.

and you yourself proved that LeBron James on TV does wonders for ratings, as when you noted the ESPN special that you claim is the ONLY time that's happened.

Which has nothing to do with this thread... Except that without that special, this thread is likely to have never existed.

So, seriously, why are you still in this thread?

If you care so little about me, & want me away so much, quit referring to me & asking me questions about myself.

But not me, I can virtually guarantee that. Last year alone, I COACHED more than 70 basketball games. I scouted many more. I coached basketball practice for four separate teams every day I didn't have practice. I've refereed for elementary basketball, and ran a clock for junior high girls basketball. I have traveled to Duke University to watch three Duke practices and participate in a coaching clinic, with the guy that has won a Gold Medal in both the last Olympic Games and the last FIBA World Championships, as well as last years NCAA Championship. I've been to several college basketball games.

None of that, I'm betting, had anything to do withe Lebon, the Decision, or the NBA.

And that doesn't even begin to count the number of games I've watched on TV, both in college and NBA.

Me, too, not to mention several hours studying statistics & teams, & watching their games. (I am recognizable in several stadiums, & around sports radio/press, across much of Ohio.)

Now, take what I just told you, and multiply that over several years. I sincerely doubt the amount of basketball you've seen or been apart of compares to mine. And I have no doubt your understanding of how the games works doesn't come within a fraction of mine

Once again, you are wrong.

Argue it? Fine. But to dismiss him from the argument, which is what you have suggested, makes you look like a dumbass.

I have attempted to do no such thing.

And, as I said, no one gives a fuck about you, since this thread really isn't about you, correct?

I would've said no, except that you (the thread creator) made many f your posts (especially this one) largely about me.

It says that Cleveland is at home and this game is basically their NBA Championship. Miami is a team of basically all new guys who have yet to really gel.

Translation: Cleveland is a team of talented guys, & Miami is a group of egos. Which belongs in a team sport? Cleveland.

Because it didn't.

Then I say the same to all of your so-called analysts' opinions, as well as yours.

My two cents on the matter are this: I believe if Lebron would have straight up told the city of Cleveland that he was leaving, they would have been fine with it. Cleveland fans are more hurt about the way he decided to leave with The Decision. Lebron gave the fans seven years of great basketball. Attendance was up and he made tons of money for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I think the value of the franchise increased around $200 million dollars during Lebron's tenure there. Lebron just wanted to go to a better team where he could win a championship. Barkley did it, tons of players in the NFL do it, so I don't see why we should critcize Lebron for doing it. It can be justifiable to critcize him about the way he did it, but not with the action itself.

Nobody cares anymore about you, or who you want to tell what to, either.
Actually, obviously you do, as you're now replying to me.

You're really terrible about trolling. You can't even get your own story straight.

Right, & the people who are crying join the people who aren't in not caring what you think about them, Lebron, or that fact.
Who said they did? It wasn't me.

All I said was for those people to shut the fuck up, because they're acting like children. I never once asserted they cared what I think. Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to screw up the facts so badly?

I don't see facts as being debatable.
Finally, we agree. We agree on the fact attendance rose during LeBron's stay in Cleveland. We agree business profited because of LeBron, by their shopowners own statements. Due to both those previous facts, we are forced to agree Cleveland became a better tourist location when LeBron was in Cleveland. We agree the Cavaliers became relevant in the NBA for the first time since the late 80s/early 90s.

Because, as you said, these facts are not debatable.

If you read my original post, you'll see that is not the case.
Oh?

It's an "if..., then" situation. I left the team alone much of the season while he was there, & to this second, prefer not to discuss him with any fans.

(If) he entertained me at all while here, made the city more interesting by being in it, & made the team anything to be proud of (more than before he was there), then he owed us nothing, Since none of that is true, we should sue him for some money back on his highly-overpaid contract.

I may be 1 of the ony lifelong Ohioans whose depression about not getting to a game this year almost equals the depression I felt sitting in the stands to watch him "play".
Actually your first very MUCH was to debate what LeBron brought to Cleveland, since you asserted none of the things I said were true. And, I suppose you could say you were talking just about yourself, but there's those pesky "we" and "us" words, indicating more than just you.

Since we both agree, again, the thread wasn't targeted towards you, since you're not crying about LeBron leaving, then obviously the only reason you came was to debate what LeBron brought to Cleveland. But now that we both agree what I said in my original post are non-debatable facts, there's no reason for you to be here anymore, getting your ass whipped up and down the thread.

So let other posters do it, & act like that had anything to do with you, what you think, or what tyou do/say.
I made the claim in the very first post, quite accurately I might add. I have no problem letting other people give the evidence to support the claim. Which is why I gave credit to them.

You're really bad at trolling. A good troll at least maintains a semblance of reality in his posting. You don't.

Which has nothing to do with this thread... Except that without that special, this thread is likely to have never existed.
No, it proves LeBron James is found to be fascinating by people, a claim I made in the first post, and you disagreed with.

But if you're willing to retract your first statement in the thread as erroneous, we can call the matter settled, at least between you and me.

If you care so little about me, & want me away so much, quit referring to me & asking me questions about myself.
Oh, I assure you I can do far more than that. The benefits of being in charge of this place. But again, who said anything about me caring so little for you or wanting you away? I asked why the fuck you're still in this thread.

And you acclaim other people of misrepresenting what you say. Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black.

None of that, I'm betting, had anything to do withe Lebon, the Decision, or the NBA.
Huh?

Your point was that, because you've watched OH so much basketball, you can determine the quality of LeBron's play. MY point is that I've seen FAR more basketball than you, and, going by your standard of authority on the subject, I'm far more qualified to judge LeBron's quality than you are.

You're really horrible at this debating thing. Perhaps you might try a 9 year old. As a fellow poster on here might say, your game of smoke and mirrors might actually score points with a 9 year old.

Me, too, not to mention several hours studying statistics & teams, & watching their games. (I am recognizable in several stadiums, & around sports radio/press, across much of Ohio.)
Ahh, no wonder you know nothing about basketball. You're media. Or even lower on the totem poll.

Once again, you are wrong.
Oh no, I can tell I'm quite right. You're here trying to argue, in your own words:

Yeah, but different boos are for different reasons. Regardless of talent (which he largely lacks), people boo Lebron b/c he sucks.

Anyone who tries to claim LeBron lacks talent, or "sucks", is obviously making a statement regarding LeBron's quality, and in a negative fashion. Any such statement all but disqualifies you as being able to claim any semblance of true knowledge on the game of basketball.

I have attempted to do no such thing.
You claimed he lacks talent and sucks. You HAVE done such a thing. Just because you wish to dance around it later, doesn't change the fact you said it.

I would've said no, except that you (the thread creator) made many f your posts (especially this one) largely about me.
But I said it with no offense intended. Clearly you struggle to read. And when I say no one cares about your opinion, I literally mean that. You're one person, and if we are to believe the media, in the minority. Furthermore, this thread is about the group of people you claim to not be apart of...so, like I said, no one gives a fuck about you in this case.

No offense intended, of course.

Now here's the part where I play the "big scary Admin" you will probably accuse of abusing his powers. Unless you wish to actually make a statement which tries to make a platform to debate, as opposed to your current style of completely ignoring valid points, do not post in this thread again. Consider it a warning. And in case you're confused as to what you may not post, consider the post of yours I'm replying to a post that will no longer be tolerated.

It was the way he left that is the bigger issue here. Being from Pittsburgh, I have no love lost for Cleveland, or its fans. But the way he went on TV, with an hour special to announce he was leaving Cleveland constituted a terrible decision by him. It was nothing more then grandstanding on his part.

As for people getting over it, thats debatable as well. I know how I would feel if Sidney Crosby announced he was leaving the Penguins, and did it in such a fashion, I would be pissed. I would boo him every chance I had. Its the right of freedom of speech. Whether you agree with the things the people of Cleveland say, its their right. They don't have to get over themselves, they felt relevant within the sports world for the first time in a long time. Lebron was their cash cow. He gave alot to the city, but the city gave alot to him as well.

Like I said, Im no fan of Cleveland, or the people there. But I genuinely felt empathy for them after he left and announced it on major TV. I don't think he meant to cause the problems that he did, but it wasn't a smart move on his part. And Cleveland fans have the right to say what they want about him. Its their right, as rediculous as they sound or not.

LSN80...you are right. I'm from KS, and in no way would I really care about Cleveland or Miami, other than to see the spectacle this has become. To me its more like " :wtf: All this over some grandstanding guy with an ego just to go play ball with 2 of his buddies in Miami?? "

No matter what happens with this, its doing what it is intended to do, generate publicity, and draw in viewers for the game. Whether you like b-ball or not, the amount of press all this drama has brought, will bring in fans and regular folk like me just to see if it turns into a Jerry Springer fest courtside when he comes back to his old stomping ground.

Besides, you'd think that most people would've found something else to rag on about other than a sports player with the wars in this world and other big issues. :confused: If Lebron James is the single most detested person in their city to return 'home' then I'd like to have their priorities checked to see what they think of the state of affairs in the world today. I'm really sure Lebron has moved on hopefully and is more focused on his team instead of "Will they like me or not back in Cleveland?" He probably couldn't give 2 shits at this point with what he has sitting in his bank account right now.

Besides, you'd think that most people would've found something else to rag on about other than a sports player with the wars in this world and other big issues. :confused: If Lebron James is the single most detested person in their city to return 'home' then I'd like to have their priorities checked to see what they think of the state of affairs in the world today. I'm really sure Lebron has moved on hopefully and is more focused on his team instead of "Will they like me or not back in Cleveland?" He probably couldn't give 2 shits at this point with what he has sitting in his bank account right now.

I know a lot of fans in my area don't care all that much for Art Modell either... But Lebron has inherited most of the hate due to being a more-recent story.

I really love what this topic has turned into. It's almost like a bunch of people shitting all over TJ's thoughts. Anyway...The game is tomorrow night so...I'm just wondering on how they're gonna handle Lebron? Will they horribly heckle him? Go silent? Probably heckle. This is going to be broadcasted nationally right? I just want to hear there ill-natured reaction. Anyway back to topic. The amount of hate coming to Lebron is just a fucking shame. As I shall repeat from everyone else. He left harshly on a nationally televised broadcast. We all get that. But seriously, this bitterness is WAY too much. It's as if Cleveland was Lebron's obsessive girlfriend. Now that he's basically out of their life, they hate him so much. Of course they might want him back in six years :shrug: .

Translation: Cleveland is a team of talented guys, & Miami is a group of egos. Which belongs in a team sport? Cleveland.

No, the translation is that Cleveland isn't very good and they will treat this game like an NBA finals game because it is easily the biggest game they will play this season. Even with their troubles thus far, Miami will be a playoff team and will be competing for an NBA title come playoff time. They haven't gelled completely yet but the season isn't even a quarter over.

Then I say the same to all of your so-called analysts' opinions, as well as yours.

You can't just dismiss something that is very relevant because it hurts your argument. The analyst you brought up was not discussing the same thing we are and that is why he is dismissed.

No, the translation is that Cleveland isn't very good and they will treat this game like an NBA finals game because it is easily the biggest game they will play this season. Even with their troubles thus far, Miami will be a playoff team and will be competing for an NBA title come playoff time. They haven't gelled completely yet but the season isn't even a quarter over.

The translation is that Cleveland is a team & Miami is just a bunch of players playing a team game together.

You can't just dismiss something that is very relevant because it hurts your argument. The analyst you brought up was not discussing the same thing we are and that is why he is dismissed.

He was discussing what you were discussing at the time. Regardless, much of what was said is opinions, no matter whose, & can be dismissed therefore.

As a Cavs fan pre-Lebron and post Lebron, I can say that his arrival was like a basketball miracle for me. He played great, reached the Finals, but could never win the title there. I had a feeling Lebron would leave, but I didn't think he'd be a total douche about it. This whole "What Should I Do?" commercial hurt even worse considering he was being even more of a douche about it. I hope he realizes how much he hurt the fans and the reason why all of us are butt hurt (yes, I know I'm butt hurt and I still am) is because he seemed to pick the biggest dick move possible other than screaming fuck you Cleveland and giving a DX crotch chop.

Being a Cavs fan through and through, here is my opinion on things. I really enjoyed him during his years as a Cav. Was i upset when he left? Hell yeah, of course I was. I wasn't as so much mad at him for leaving, as I was for him doing it the way he did it. Had he straight up told the Cleveland Cavaliers he wasn't going to come back I would have no problem with him. But he had to go on TV and and hold a one-hour special on his decision. I watched the whole thing only to realize that last 5 minutes were all I needed to see. But after all of this, what did I do? Move on. Just like any real fan would do. Teeams lose great players all the time. Fans deal with it. Am I going to join the Heat bandwagon now? No. Do I still enjoy watching Cav's games? Hell yes. Cavalier fans have the right to be mad, but by now most of them should be over it.

TBH, Lebron did stab Cleavland in the back. He promised them a championship but decided to leave to go to The Heat. That was by far A bitch move. It would've been ok if he didn't promise Cleavland a championship and left the team on a positive note but to promise your city a championship but then decide to walk away from the team on "The Decision" is just pathetic to me.

Cleavland has to let this go though. Crying and whining about Lebron isn't going to solve anything but make them look ridiculous. Its just a sport. If I was from Cleavland, I would not spend my time booing and throwing things at Lebron as I would focus on me. You should learn a thing or two from me Cleavland. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back